[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is easily one of the most clumsily told stories in the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: why.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
This is easily one of the most clumsily told stories in the history of western games.

Was there even a point to any of it ? No one was likable. It's impossible to feel sympathy for Connor because he's such a moron. It tries to write in shades of gray but instead everyone comes off as an irredeemable cunt, protagonist included. I think it still holds the record for the most amount of timeskips in any video game I've ever played.

Corey May was running out of steam by Revelations and this is the video game representation of being flat broke out of ideas.
>>
>>379821181

the game was literally a tech demo for the anvil engine

4 should've been released in place of 3
>>
>>379821261
Whoever took Corey May's place is based for actually giving us characters who are likable but aren't good people.

It's impossible to find sympathy for Connor which is baffling considering the series has been about murderers, thieves and crimelords since the very beginning.
>>
>>379821458

It's because whoever worked on 3 tried WAY too hard to make it """""cinematic""""".

The pacing of 3's story also made it even worse. I mean comparatively Unity actually did a much better job giving a decent enough backstory. Whereas 3 took forever for it to become remotely interesting.
>>
>>379821794
AC3 takes fucking gigantic gaps in time and the only way to keep track is a single date that pops up once every sequence. You have to do register the date, remember the previous one and do the math while paying attention to other shit that's going on.

It's nonsensical and far too ambitious. It feels like it wanted to rush ahead and do the Ezio trilogy again but in the span of one game this time, and it failed spectacularly.
>>
>>379821181
The Assassin's Creed games are terrible outside of the Ezio games and 4.
I mean, they're not even bad, they're fucking terrible.
>>
File: AC3SP 2015-08-27 20-08-00-01.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AC3SP 2015-08-27 20-08-00-01.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Shut the fuck up anon, Connor is PURE
>>
>>379822249

Agreed.

There was nothing fun about the game as well. It felt like a massive chore from start to finish.

Such a a shame though, the modern day aspect of the AC series has been irredeemably fucked post-Revelations.

Syndicate was actually fun. But too little, too late.
>>
these games have always made me feel like spewing just from looking at a couple of screenshots

I don't think there's any way I'd ever play one

thanks for listening, /v/
>>
File: IMG_0218.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0218.gif
2MB, 356x400px
Ass Creed has always been a terrible series full of shallow ideas and awful story telling.

The games practically play themselves 90% of the time with virtually no need for thought or even input from the player. To climb in any direction you just hold the stick in one direction almost all the time. Combat always felt like a mess and was downright sleep inducing. I actually fell asleep several times trying to play Ass Creed II which is unbelievable to me since they somehow managed to make sequences of fighting Spaniards on rooftops between parkour segments in medieval Europe so boring I couldn't stay awake.

How do you even do that? It's amazing.
>>
File: 13.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
>>379822619
>>
>>379822702
No, but Ass Creed has always been a boring clusterfuck of half assed ideas presented in the most simple minded casual way possible.

There are plenty of great games out there but no Ass Creed is one of them.
>>
File: WHERE.png (62KB, 776x1575px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE.png
62KB, 776x1575px
>>379822390
Even the grudge he holds over Charles Lee is weird and nonsensical from a narrative standpoint. Think of how Ezio's grudge against the Borgias start - it's a dumb clan feud instigated by both families' older generations which eventually degenerates when the true meaning behind the feud is revealed.

Then think of how Connor's grudge starts. Charles Lee's established during the entire prologue as proud but not arrogant, eager but not zealous. He doesn't show even one sign of cruelty and seems more interested in helping out Haytham than being an asshole.

And then out of fucking nowhere the same character turns into a slimy cockroach who decides to choke a child for kicks. Not to mention how incredibly fucking convenient it is that the same character who's built up over the prologue is the one guy who's tasked with fucking over Connor's village AND the guy who finds Connor hiding a bush during a game of hide and seek.

>>379822619
I think they can be fun when they're earnest and simple. Black Flag, Rogue and the Ezio Trilogy are examples of this: they're more worried about providing a fun, if simple experience than trifling with poorly written, overly complex and contrived plots that don't know where they're headed and don't know where to stop.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.