[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any more good mmorpgs left other than world of warcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 310x163px
are there any more good mmorpgs left other than world of warcraft i played archeage since launch and i just now check how much i have spent for the 15 bucks a month patron and i have to quit the game i have spent over 800 dollars and need a new game
>>
>>379815084
Legion is actually pretty fun leaving. The endgame is not only the most boring it has ever been, but the most grindy.

I found final fantasy incredibly fucking boring. Awful gameplay and world. Maybe if you're a gigantic weeb, or something.

All the other wow clones are sort of fun, but ultimately empty. GW2 stands above the rest of these, I
think. Not a pure clone, not a bad world, not bad jumping puzzles. Can't speak on whether the endgame is any better than when I played, and most classes are literally faceroll tier, as in you just hit every button as fast as possible.

Black.Desert just released in steam, if you want an active game. I found it very poor on release. Mess of a game, typical chink grindy shit, but has some good ideas.

WoW private servers can be decent as long as you're willing to lose all progress, or watch as it slowly dissolves as undesirables invade in droves.

RS3 and OSRS are decent, but each update makes them both worse. Jagex is the most monumentally incompetent company in the business. The community is also shit, which is the reason they were legendary in their time. /v/scape is actually fairly good and the best edition of the game current available, as long as you don't mind 40 players on peak times, autism in global chat, and it being a private server.
>>
>>379815084
>>379816284
Correction: legion is fun leveling and entry gearing up.

You can check out different genres depending on what you want from a game.

Assfaggots: check out dota2, league, hots. dota2 if you enjoy the original mechanics, league if you enjoy last hitting, hots if you enjoy teamfighting.

Card games: Hearthstone's popular, ain't terrible, tavern brawls are fun. Gwent is a bit of a mess with balance being in open beta, but it's fun and unique. Everything else is a hearthstone clone that fans will tell you is superior, but why bother.

Truthfully, MMOs are dead. They lived on a patient, older community that guided the younger generation to learn what was acceptable and not. Now I, the younger generation, am the older, and the new younger does not care, does not want to learn, and older generation cares too much but does not know how to teach.

Wait for official wow private servers. That's the only chance I see, at the moment, until a paradigm shift a decade now, either due to new technologies, or new ideas, or a new generation.
>>
Theme park mmo's are all shit, if that's what you're asking. Try branching off the typical mmo that adopts the holy trinity and look for real sandbox mmo's. By sandbox I mean mmo's that allow players to alter terrain and make 95% of the game's content. If you claim that it's autism then you should move on from mmo's entirely.
>>
File: 1495315767248.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495315767248.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>379815084
>800 dollars on a f2p mmo
just play something other than an mmo lol
>>
>>379815084

wow there sure are some terrible replies in this thread, but check out the new agnarr everquest server. never played before and havin fun
>>
>>379815084
Not sure if you've heard: Sorcerer, the leader of The White Order, is the creative director of the kickstarted MMO in development, Ashes of Creation.

>kickstarter
I know. I actually expect it to fail, but in the case it doesn't, it will be ArcheAge 2.
>>
>>379815084
>Archeage
I'm sorry Anon, but you already have terrible taste. There's no point in recommending games to you.
>>
>>379815084
>only 800 bucks
pleb. I've been subscribed to wow since the beginning and have NEVER cancelled my subscription. Add that shit up. I don't even play anymore, but the thought of not being subscribed to wow and helping blizzard is too unbearable.
>>
>>379818520
You could probably make back half of what you spent if you sell that stupid little statue they sent you.
>>
>>379817673
do you know of any that still have an active player base
>>
why not play world of Warcraft
>>
File: 1478457611591.png (737KB, 662x826px) Image search: [Google]
1478457611591.png
737KB, 662x826px
>>379816335
You are full of shit.
Assfaggots: Play league, dota or smite if you have TOO much time on your hands and need a literal timesink for next 4+ years. If you just want to have fun without thinking too much play HOTS
Card games: Everything is just a copy of MTG or HS to some extent and fails terribly at it. Only fun and original card game right now is gwent
MMO: Try to play vanilla or TBC WoW. DFO is fine too and not dead
Legion is fun for first two-three months, then it becomes a literal chore
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.