[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So friend has convinced me to tag along with him to Vegas for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: evo.png (20KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
evo.png
20KB, 280x280px
So friend has convinced me to tag along with him to Vegas for pic related. I don't play fighting games but I do occasionally enjoy watching competitive Smash or Street Fighter matches. What should I expect?
>>
>>379810753
bring condoms for all that gay sex you will be partaking in.
>>
>>379810753
Went in 2011 shortly after discovering fighting game streams and without playing any fighting games at all myself and I still had a pretty good time.
>>
Smelly Smash players
Seeing some SF player you recognize off in the distance
Cosplay sluts
Having to watch Top 8 on some dude's phone
Video games
>>
Just be sure to talk to everyone you can. You never know who you could make friends with. Thompson and I exchanged numbers at a KI tourney before I knew who he was.
>>
>>379810753
enjoy the event, watch all the top 8's that take place on the main stage. if you find yourself bored, remind yourself you're in fuckin vegas baby
>>
>>379810753
Well, you can expect fighting games. If you don't enjoy watching tons of various fighting game matches and getting loud with fans, you should not have bothered going.
There is going to be a shitton of downtime though, so hope you brought some vidya.

Also, stay away from Mahvel and Tekken players. You don't want to risk it.
>>
>>379810753
Redditors harassing women on why they don't play Smash because it's 'so hardekore xD'
>>
>>379811037
Yeah if there's one thing I am expecting it's smelly smash players. Had a game fundraising thing at my university and the smash section reeked
>>379811196
Will do. Me and my friend actually know one of the Street Fighter players. Though I guess he hasn't really done much with the latest game but still pretty cool that we know someone.
>>379811230
Until around what time does a day at evo typically go to?
>>379811240
What's up with the Marvel and Tekken players?
>>
>>379810753
all you're going to do is watch and not play
evo sucks now because before everyone got to play
>>
>>379811967
Marvel and Tekken players are hypebeasty, but I've never had a bad interaction with any of them.
>>
>>379810753
Be sure to go to Hooters to catch the 3s tourney where the real Evo is
>>
File: 264756879.gif (22KB, 110x98px) Image search: [Google]
264756879.gif
22KB, 110x98px
>>379812368
This nigga knows. Last EVO's side tourney was pretty neat.
>>
>ywn go to EVO with a friend and enjoy fightan vidya.

Thanks OP. Thanks for making me depressed.
>>
>>379810753
Expect a lot of fun and cool people. And for the smash section to literally smell awful. I thought it was a meme, but last year when I walked through to get to the bathroom i found it it wasn't.
>>
people there get sweaty, don't bathe, don't use deodorant.... So I recommend you buy a gasmask or something, Especially if you get close to the Smash players... Those are known for taking shits on pools.
>>
lots of niggers trying to play people for cash
>>
>>379811967
>Until around what time does a day at evo typically go to?
Day 1 and 2 last year went until like 10-11pm. Day 3 was i think 10pm
>>
it is truth that the Smash community has bad Hygiene or it is just a meme?
>>
>>379811240
>There is going to be a shitton of downtime though, so hope you brought some vidya.
Have you ever been to EVO recently? There's a ton of shit to do, 2016 i had so much shit to do there I had not down time each day what so ever.
>Also, stay away from Mahvel and Tekken players. You don't want to risk it.
lol
>>
Don't be afraid to play some casuals with people OP, you never know what game you might want to pick up.
>>
>>379813808
lots of niggers trying to fight people irl when they get knocked out of the tourney
>>
Don't leave any of your possessions unattended for even a second
>>
>>379813680
So I never been to a tournie, but is it really true Smash players smell like shit?
>>
Pool play is boring as shit. Don't even bother watching it. Find something else to do there until the second day.
>>
>>379814753
>>379814140
Just look at a crowd shot on a stream and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>379812852
Forgive me
>>379811037
>>379811967
>>379813668
>>379813680
Not a meme >>379814140
>>379814221
Aside from the obvious watching people play or playing yourself, what other stuff is there to do?
>>379814394
Last fighting game I ever played decent at was Mortal Kombat Armageddon which I guess is considered one of the shittiest installments in the franchise. I don't mind getting raped though.
>>
File: 1276127387279.jpg (150KB, 843x577px) Image search: [Google]
1276127387279.jpg
150KB, 843x577px
>>379810753
went for on 2013, 2015 and now 2017.

expect a lot of alcohol and partying. also sunday morning is hangover central, they will be playing boring fighting games for the people to get cured
>>
>be smash player
>smell like a high school locker room
>jerk off in a stranger's bed I'm staying the night at
>spend entire tourney trying to rape trans girls
>>
>>379815130
You forgot
>shit in a pool
>>
>>379814753
any place that has a whole bunch of people gathered together for a long enough period of time is gonna smell kinda like farts and sweat eventually, it's unavoidable

but smash players smell bad in general because they are either literal children or manchildren almost without exception
>>
>>379814914
>Aside from the obvious watching people play or playing yourself, what other stuff is there to do?
They've got panels you can go to (Capcom panel, SNK panel, etc), go through artist alley and check out all the cool shit there, stand in line to buy shit, get shit signed by devs, etc. Lots to do besides play or watch. Mind you, that's days 1 and 2. Day 3 is just finals to watch
>>
>>379815318
Only going for Day 1 and 2 before spending the rest of my week dicking around in Vegas so sounds like plenty to do.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (243KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
243KB, 1600x1067px
I can smell him through the screen.
>>
File: DUUUN.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DUUUN.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
Honestly, every game is worth watching at EVO. The level of competition is on a completely different level, which makes watching even games you don't like great.
You should make especially sure not to miss anything on Sunday if you can, it's an unforgettable experience.
>>
I'm also going for my first time, alone. I want to know where all the parties are happening, I want to go to bed every single night wasted.
>>
>>379810753
I haven't been to EVO but I've been to other big tourneys and it's a pretty great time.
It's sort of like a con except there's open game consoles everywhere.
Of course, don't forget to enjoy Vegas itself.
>>
>>379814753
No more than other groups. There's always gonna be that one smelly nerd in any group.
Multiply that group size by 1000 and you have a bunch more smelly nerds.
>>
>>379817318
Salty suite happens after animevo in some suite usually
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.