[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about youtubers and other internet personalities that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 52733.jpg (19KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
52733.jpg
19KB, 350x231px
What is it about youtubers and other internet personalities that makes them so insecure and allergic to criticism?

Think about all the times these people have ranted and melted down on twitter, streams and in their uploads. What gives?
>>
>>379808503
I question this all the time. One time a YouTuber I watch made some shitty Minecraft video or something I don't fucking remember, but it was all for jokes and everyone knew that. It got the normal amount of likes/dislikes and some meme-y comments and he ranted on his second channel like a fucking autist as if the whole world came down on him. It was embarrassing and only highlighted his insecurities and/or high-functioning retardation. I'm just gonna guess it's a common trait of these guys.
>>
>>379808737
Why would you even upload it in the first place?

A Let's Player I watch uploaded a video today where 14-ish minutes of the 36 were just a big rant about how people are mean and say mean things. I'd sit back and re-do the whole episode rather than upload that shit.

Don't they know it makes it worse to react? these are grown ass people and often internet savvy individuals who've been around the internet for awhile.
>>
>this is a trait unique to youtubers and other internet personalities
go outside retard
>>
>>379808503
Did Yahtzee do this? I don't remember.

Mostly it comes from the isolated bubble in making the content itself. TV shows and movies need a crew of people collaborating as opposed of one dude making something for youtube with no one saying "that's a good idea" or "that's not a good idea".
>>
>>379808930
Who knows. And it sucks when guys who are usually funny revert to "HAHA OUR STUPID FUCKING AUDIENCE AMIRITE GUYS??" after they get some sort of backlash for a shitty joke or a shitty opinion or something.
>>
>>379808982
>Did Yahtzee do this?
Maybe. I don't know. I'm just using the pic.

>>379808956
Normal people have a right to reject criticism and negativity from strangers. People who try to make money in the public eye through performance are innately open to negativity and the court of public opinion.

It's the tradeoff. Like some of them think they can remain private and quiet while being famous or something.
>>
>>379808930
You are right he should not have uploaded it. But you are also a grown man who watches 36 minute let's play videos. Rethink your life.
>>
>>379809276
>But you are also a grown man who watches 36 minute let's play videos.
It's background noise I throw on my ipad while I smoke weed.
>>
>>379808503
>>379808982
This.

Having the experience myself on uploading content on youtube, i can say that you get really insecure about making and uploading a video and when the negativity comes (even though it will come), it might crush you and you won't be uploading anything anymore because now your brain says than anything you do is gonna be shit anyway.

And if you're new to creating yt content, it will crush you even more, because you think, you're new and since you're only receive negative feedback, people will not even give a chance.

Anyway, that's my experience.
>>
>>379809521
Well sure, but I'm talking more about people with well established fanbases who have achieved a level of success that allows them to rely on their videos/content as a main revenue stream.
>>
>>379808503
Here's my take on it,

They start off as just another voice in the crowd, but by some circumstance their voice becomes louder and more heard than others.

At first the growing group is almost entirely people agree with said person until it reaches the point of a large circle jerk.

Thats when their voice reaches the masses. Regardless of their opinions, there will be people who don't agree, and insulated from critisms up until then, the influx of criticisim is overwhelming.

Thats when you find out whether they are the real deal or just an average joe who was given too much exposure
>>
>>379808503
>anonymous retard asks why someone with a name attached to his creation is nervous when some random faggots throw shit at him 24/7 for the LULZ
lel
>>
File: 1400875308452.png (16KB, 643x406px) Image search: [Google]
1400875308452.png
16KB, 643x406px
>>379808982
>>
>>379809981
It's about reacting to it. Publicly and sometimes with a voluntary thing like a video or podcast upload.

That's what I don't get. They make a mess for themselves in public, which will only serve to worsen the situation.
>>
>>379809345
That makes it a little better. But you should still consider music or a good podcast as alternative background noise.
>>
>>379809815
Well, you could translate it into a sort of defense mechanism because they're scared that the negativity might affect their work thus their income, resulting in them being homeless.

Maybe they think that if they don't react to their criticism, people will leave and that's why they try to react to them even though most of them fail.

But, it's a human problem. Not many people can see or judge themselves objectively or from a outer prespective, and that's why, i believe, they mess up by reacting to their criticism.
>>
File: 1486798463361s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px)
1486798463361s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>379810246
>you could translate it into a sort of defense mechanism because they're scared that the negativity might affect their work thus their income
I mean... maybe? I can see that as a fear that one could end up having even though it's not terribly rational.
>>
Have you ever taken the time to read through the comments on some random internet personality?

It's a fucking jungle. I can't imagine it isn't annoying, watching people on the internet take shits all over you.
Death by a thousand papercuts.
>>
>>379808982
>Did Yahtzee do this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv04aKBhZ9U
>I'll give you a 4, for Fourk you.

Of course it's nothing compared with modern Spoony.
>>
>>379810617
>Have you ever taken the time to read through the comments on some random internet personality?
Sure, but you can't let random hatred cut you like that.

In the rant I mentioned earlier that took up a bunch of a video? I could tell a lot of it was just genuine pain from being relentlessly fat shamed. These guys are pretty fucking fat, so they get a lot of hate. I just have extraordinarily thick skin and a genuine hatred of people, so I can't fathom letting random commentary get to you in a REAL way.

Something to consider though, is how they talk about butthole clenching and eating burritos and shit constantly. I quietly fat shame them mentally while I watch, but I can understand why some people might be spurred to share those thoughts. Not that there's anything wrong with being fat. I just don't want to think about their sweaty assholes or hear them eating food all the time.
>>
>>379810839
I used to feel bad for Spoony until I saw his Fallout 2 stream. Nothing but contempt from here on out.
>>
File: whyMisterCaptionstartedcrying.jpg (83KB, 872x485px) Image search: [Google]
whyMisterCaptionstartedcrying.jpg
83KB, 872x485px
>>379808503
No clue, maybe they were insecure to begin with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGJ4gBpderg
>>
File: 1463857385218.gif (3MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1463857385218.gif
3MB, 220x220px
>>379809873
This sounds like a really good encapsulation.
>>
>>379810839
Everyone in that video but Yahtzee was an idiot
>F*** you!
>You suck, suck at reviewing video games
>From a purely objective stance, Brawl is actually a superb game (as you can tell from reading reviews)
Third one was especially stupid.
Incidentally, that was one of my favorite ZP videos back in the day
>>
>>379808503
Yahtzee's extremely self-deprecating. The only time I remember him making fun of criticism was that one mailbag episode where he read messages from people freaking out about him not liking Brawl.
>>
>>379808503
Because it gets them attention and attention makes them money. Do you also think reality TV is 100% true too? I can't believe people still fall for this fake rage shit.
>>
>>379812190
In many cases it may be an attention ploy, but there's an equal or greater amount of people who are just throwing tantrums.
>>
>>379808503
Youtubers are on a very insecure platform. At any moment they can immediately lose all their money and basically become jobless. This terrifies them and they refuse to acknowledge any criticism to try to keep their channels from shutting down.
>>
>>379809873

This is quite spot-on. Same goes for a lot of "internet famous" people. Also its funny how twitter seems to be how most of the these people self-destruct spectacularly and show how insecure they are.
>>
>>379810839
Well too be fair that wasn't criticism as much as sniveling fanboys unable to accept that not everyone likes their game.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.