[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you remember playing but don't know the name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

ITT: Games you remember playing but don't know the name

starting with two games:

1st one

>3D,pc game , has to be made in the late ninties
>a dungeon crawl-ish where you can start with a warrior with two horned helmet and an axe, a ranger in green cloak and a mage in purple?
>you go to these dungeons where you had spawns camps scattered across the map
>if you died you can return to your skeletal remains
>there were gates that needed keys?
>its icon was a red shield with a silver lining
>pretty sure it was called medival or something like that because i used to call it mandolin as a kid

2nd one

>3D game, PC
>has to be in the nineties, house of the dead tier graphics, at best it will be 2001-2002 but i highly doubt it
>you are a space soldier or something like that fighting aliens and the occasional humans? (not so sure about human)
>not a first person shoot it was third person shooter
>one of your arsenals in a mission was a glider thingy
>if you have allies and shoot them, they will fuck you up real bad
>the suit was brownish i am sure of it
>the helmet was angular not a dome thingy
>un-something or mars something? i cant remember the name, maybe it is something entirely
>one of the missions had you inside an alien? at least the walls were fleshy
>>
>>379799027
A hopeful bump
>>
Ask /vr/
>>
>>379799027
Second one sounds like MDK.
>>
>>379799027
Could the second game be MDK? I never played it myself, but I looked up the gameplay on that ancient /v/ recommended games wiki some years back and it definitely has an angle-headed protag with a glider.
>>
>>379800165
>>379800156
nope i checked

there wasnt a story per say, the protag was nameless and faceless.
>>
File: bcr.jpg (43KB, 322x318px) Image search: [Google]
bcr.jpg
43KB, 322x318px
>late 90s/very very early 2000s pc game
>"played" as a private eye that had some variety of shapeshifting powers or something
>rune scape-tier graphics
>only thing i remember is a cutscene where the PI is a pencil that a suspect is writing with
>>
I remember playing some weird shareware Asteroids ripoff on the PC. When you died, it'd say 'game over man!' Can't find this game anywhere.
>>
>>379799027
First one is Get Medieval.
>>
>>379800165
>>379800156
it also had more of a serious tone to it unlike MDK

here is the icon of what the first game looked like
>>
File: wvwvwr.png (157KB, 1897x860px) Image search: [Google]
wvwvwr.png
157KB, 1897x860px
>>379800874
>>
>>379800840
yes thats the one

thanks mang
>>
>>379801085
No problem. Second one is Outwars btw.
>>
>>379799027
Anyone know that Tron-ripoff browser game? We played the hell out of it on lunch break

It was a good one, fully 3D. Not the pixel snakeshit
>>
>>379801580
Damn, beat me to it.
>>
>>379801085
>>379801803
thanks lads
>>
>>379801580
>>379801921
>>
N64, maybe others, you were a wasp and basically dogfought in the air.
>>
I have one that I think will forever be lost. I can only offer up a few tiny details.

>Combat was Pokemon-esque. You battled with creatures you've collected.
>PC Game
>Outside of combat you used your mouse to interact with the world.
>Kind of steam punkish?
>I remember a bar with a payphone, if you went into the payphone you could interact with the numbers to dial out. I could never figure out what it was for.
>Creatures were data that you'd find in links from websites. it was a game attached to the internet

help
>>
I remember one snes game from when I was a kid, involving 2 kids, a boy and a girl, and a robot ending up on some alien jungle planet. I remeber a space ship flying across the over world with heavy use of Mode 7. At this point I think I'm just badly remembering Chrono Trigger, but the order of events is just odd (Robo and the Epoch in the early game?)
>>
>>379803254
Man that rings a bell. Now I'm gonna go insane trying to remember.
>>
>>379804148

additional detail

>when you visited a website that had a monster, it had a small rectangular hotlink with the image of prison bars with shifting eyes.

Maybe i'm crazy but I can't find anything like it anywhere
>>
It was an arcade cabinet my local pizza parlor had it when I was a kid. It was free to play so I played the shit out of it. I can only remember couple details about it.

>side scroller shooter, similar to sunset riders
>fairly modern time
>had a stage where you were walking on the outside of a plane
>>
>3d platformer game on a dreamcast demo disk
>played as a blue newt/lizard/small cold blooded animal
>there was a part where you head through a cave
that is literally all i can recall.
>>
bup
>>
>>379804676
Sounds like something along the lines of Monster Rancher, I wonder if any of the games of the series used things besides CDs to generate monsters. What was that one barcode tamagachi thing? Is there a name for this sort of gimmick game?
>>
old ass adventure(FMV maybe) game my brother played when i was a kid(95-99), all i remember is its first person, at the start u have to change dollars to get quarters, you have to collect some kind talismans to progress, theres some weird ghost chick that visits you and i think you have a time limit to collect all talismans. I have searched for it endlessly for some time but no luck
>>
>>379806752

The game had that old static 3D feel like some playstation classics. Really outdated 3D modeling and all. If I at least knew the name of the monster hiding in plain sight it would help a lot
>>
>>379806752

Also it was nothing like anime if that helps
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.