[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's unlikely, but if Retro's next game was another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: DonkeyKong.jpg (393KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong.jpg
393KB, 970x546px
It's unlikely, but if Retro's next game was another Donkey Kong, how would you react?
>>
Happy, yet still disappointed about no metroid.
>>
I just want one thing.

LET US FUCKING SWITCH KONGS.

I'm tired of Diddy being a double jump. I used to play as Diddy all the time in the original DKC, and only being able to use Diddy/Dixie/Cranky in 1-hit Hard mode after you've been through so much of the game that you're sick of it isn't any fun.
>>
I'd be fucking stoked. DK is by far Nintendos best franchise and Tropical Freeze was honestly one of the greatest platformers ever made, rivalled only by DKC2.
>>
>>379798305

I would be happy, the Prime games were okay but I never came close to finishing any of them. I really loved Returns and Tropical Freeze so more DK would be great.
Miyamoto said they're at a point where they can work on 2 games at once. While I really doubt they'll suddenly reveal both their games this E3, I think they'll have more than just DK.

Also some trivia, the man on the left passed away.
>>
>>379798701
This, I get that it is a Donkey Kong game but he was never my favorite Kong to play as in DKC

'Playing as the appropriate Kong of the duo (whether that be Donkey/Diddy or Diddy/Dixie or Dixie/Kiddy) to match the situation' was a reasonably big part of the original trilogy and I'm surprised it's missing in the Returns games
>>
>>379798305
Happy but I'd prefer that they either make something new or save Metroid.
>>
>>379799894
>some trivia, the man on the left passed away.
No shit? Is this some sort of new meme or something? Everyone fucking knows that iwata is long dead.
>>
>>379798305
Speaking as one of the biggest Metroidfags of all time, I'd be cool with it. I don't need Retro to make the next Metroid as long as someone makes it.
>>
>>379798305

I'd feel nothing, because I'm confident that Nintendo will never make a good game from the Metroid franchise again.

But then again, I'd be a bit disappointed because I hate Donkey Kong, and they could at least be working on a new IP instead.
>>
I never liked dkc but tf is the best platformer ever made so id take it in stride
>>
>>379800336
>I hate Donkey Kong
How could one man possibly be such a pleb?
>>
Don't really give a fuck about Donkey Kong, so indifferent.
And I don't give a fuck about Metroid either. People would just bitch either way.

I'd rather something new than more Monkey Mario shit.
>>
>>379800768

Sorry, I don't like shitty D-tier platformers.
>>
File: 1495677074262.jpg (74KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1495677074262.jpg
74KB, 592x533px
>>379800175

Yeah, I just created it.
>>
File: 1494027954007.jpg (93KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494027954007.jpg
93KB, 1024x576px
You obviously don't have to believe me, as I have nothing to go off of other than my word, but I've got a buddy that's been working for retro since the first DKCR and he can't say much, but donkey kong is not the title they're working on.

To go into a little more detail, he says that development at retro hasn't been going all that well lately... I'll quote him as saying "It's very similar to how Project HAMMER was treated, but at least it's being sown off.

He said we will not be seeing anything made by retro at E3, if at all ever, for this current project.

TLDR; retro isn't the metroid prime team anymore guys.
>>
It would be fucking great.

I love Donkey Kong, but the icing on the cake would the tidal wave of salt coming from the obnoxious Metroidfags.
>>
>>379800787
>monkey mario
No version of donkey kong has ever physically controlled even vaguely similar to any version of mario. That's like calling Skyrim "Tolkien Deus Ex".
>>
>>379798305
Sad, because Retro's DK doesn't hold a candle to Rare's DK.
>>
>>379799668
This
>>379798701
Also this
>>
File: 1486865506014.png (127KB, 587x551px) Image search: [Google]
1486865506014.png
127KB, 587x551px
>>379801148
http://gonintendo.com/stories/253437-rumor-tanabe-retro-studios-not-on-good-terms-tanabe-no-longer
These are both rumors but it wouldn't be surprising if Tanabe fucked up Retro.
>>
>>379800336
Even as a Metroidfag anyone who says that they hate Donkey Kong needs to be shot in a dark alley.
>>
>>379798305
As long as it's not a collectathon 3D platformer, I'll be hyped
>>
give me a sequel to DK64 and we can talk
>>
Happy, and annoyed because the so-called Metroid fans would throw a shitfit over it.

>>379798701
Also, add more animal buddies. The water levels literally wrote itself and they managed to fuck that up by not adding Enguarde.
>>
Hear me out. What if they and Monster Games are making a Donkey Kong double pack with an HD port of DKCR without the waggle and the 3DS content, along with Tropickle Cheese?

I wouldn't be mad if they make a new Donkey Kong game, a little disappointed sure, since Metroid is my favorite series, but not mad. I love Donkey Kong.
>>
If they are going to make a third game, they might as well bring back the Kremlings and add more animal buddies.
>>
>>379798305
Not my cup of tea necessarily, but I'd have nothing but respect for them if they decided to continue to support the series.

I get the feeling people want to dismiss these games the same way as the likes of Rhythm Heaven: some irrelevant B-project not worth the time or money invested, but those are games that manage to preserve some sort of integrity scarce in this day and age and with them lies a sliver of hope I still have in this industry.
>>
File: 1495051812516.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495051812516.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
At this point I rather play the handheld bastardizations of the original trilogy than nu Donkey Kong but if they make a sequel I'm willing to try it out. But I don't think they're capable of making a game that doesn't feel like a cheap imitation
>>
>>379805878
No. I want new games, not ports.
>>
>>379805878
>and Monster Games
Nintendobroskis are so pathetic. Am I supposed to give a shit about who ports the games?
>>
>>379807591
The ideal time line is that they made a new game and ported the previous two at the same time.

My Wii U has freezing issues and I'd rather just play them on the Switch than go through fixing it at this point.
>>
>>379798701
this
also needs more variety for the bonus stages
bring back the kremlings
>>
>>379808773
Buy another Wii U. Don't stifle the Switch's potential just because of a hardware issue on your end. I'm already expecting them to announce a bunch of ports anyway, but at least if they had the decency to not do that and announce a new game later on.
>>
>>379798305
I'd be thrilled. I've always loved the DK series and couldn't care less about Metroid.
>>
>>379807675
They ported the original, dipshit
>>
Kind of disappointed. There is a reason why DKC3 wasn't as well received as the first two. People got a bit tired of it and I think that would happen again.
>>
>>379809115
I understand your point but it doesn't take a genius to understand why I (and anyone who has a Switch and didn't have a Wii U) would much rather pay $20 (or $60 if they bump it up to original price) than pay for a whole other system and then the price of the game. That doesn't mean Nintendo has to do it but I'd still be glad if they did

At any rate, I don't expect we'll hear much about Donkey Kong for a few years anyway
>>
File: 1491710600351.png (338KB, 650x492px) Image search: [Google]
1491710600351.png
338KB, 650x492px
>>379798701
>>379799983
I'm pretty sure they do this so DK actually has a purpose. He's been the most useless character in every Rare DK game yet he's the main character.
>implying anyone used him in DKC or even cares/knows about the stupid hand slap
>gets kidnapped in sequel that stars 2 infinitely superior to play Kongs
>gets kidnapped and cucked out of yet ANOTHER game
>in favor for someone with the same abilities but better
>the entirety of his role in DK64
>has Kongs bigger, faster, and stronger too
>Diddy gets a cool charge, Lanky handstand, Tiny hover, Chunky punch
>DK pulls fucking levers
>PULLS
>FUCKING
>CONTEXT SENSITIVE
>LEVERS
>has zero utility outside of context sensitive switches
Being the leader of the bunch is suffering. Let him have his glory.
>>
>>379810045
Yeah but they would just need to make sure that Donkey Kong has his uses alongside whoever his partner is (assumedly Diddy)

Diddy can be fast and have the jet pack but Donkey could down bigger foes that Diddy can't and they could introduce 'need more mass to break this' situations like Kiddy Kong
>>
>>379809334
you mean the 30fps trash? I genuinely do not give a fuck.
>>
>>379810584
You'd only just use him for DK roadblock boulders or whatever and then immediately switch back and you know it. That's not a good solution. That's like HM slaves in Pokemon. You only carry them around to take down obstacles and don't bother with them otherwise.
>>
>>379811252
If done poorly sure, but if you do it right, you could effectively make it so that switching to the alternative Kong is more tedious than useful on certain levels
>>
>Another bastardization of the Country formula for nostalgiafags. This one would probably let you be Dixie from the get go because DK literally controls like ass.

But at least it would be pretty.
>>
>>379807393

This anon knows whats up
>>
I really want a sequel to DK64. DK64 was the best game on the N64 imo. I want a true 3D platformer sequel.
>>
>>379798305
I'd continue not caring because despite their efforts the new DKC games still fall short design wise of the original 3 games.

The biggest gripe I have with tropical freeze by best example (since you fags will go auto damage control without one, and probably still will anyway) here is that the platforming, object placement, and enemy placement in a LOT of levels simply does NOT MATCH the pace at which the developers intended you to progress at.

The momentum simply carries you off into a pit, doesn't line up correctly with objects or interactable ceilings, or the enemies are simply lined up wrong on spawn to give a natural and smooth feel to play. It's like they didn't test it or ran through the levels slow and CASUAL as fuck.

Even simple things like progressing one object to another doesn't feel right.The whole game feels clunky and one bit shy of being FUNCTIONAL on almost everything...which it falls flat on its face attempting.It's like a mean and spiteful little kid went through the game and moved everything just a bit off to slow the game down, throw movement off, or spite experienced players.

The games get points for being pretty but its meh overall. I'd want retro to work on somethin else beside Metroid or donkey kong.
>>
They won't because the next DK game is being made by Playtonic
>>
>>379801148
>retro isn't the metroid prime team anymore guys
OH YEAH!
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.