[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good? I found GTAV to be extremely unsatisfying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: L.A._Noire_cover_2.jpg (595KB, 848x1049px) Image search: [Google]
L.A._Noire_cover_2.jpg
595KB, 848x1049px
Is this game any good? I found GTAV to be extremely unsatisfying to play and might get this to wash the horrible taste. Everybody says it is extremely underrated.
>>
It's a good game with some glaring flaws. You will be disappointed if you're looking for a GTA clone.
>>
>>379791684
>It's a good game with some glaring flaws.
Is the open world filled with nothing to do?
>You will be disappointed if you're looking for a GTA clone.
I'm well past the silly GTA gameplay, could use something different.
>>
>>379792070
You're punished for doing open world stuff in its open world
>>
>>379791684
it's shit
>retarded truth/lie/doubt mechanism that most of the time doesn't make sense
>logic thrown out of the window. convict one of two guys on a crime fails a mission while the other one succeeds despite both being innocent
>empty open world, unless you like going around collecting film reels
>lack of shooting sections, if you're 'murican

only redeeming factor is the facial animation
>>
>>379791684
Imma tell you right now that the action in the game is a 3rd thought and was not going to appear what so ever in the final product. So they just added it.
>>
>>379791684
>retarded truth/lie/doubt mechanism that most of the time doesn't make sense
Originally the buttons were labelled coax/force/lie
instead of truth/doubt/lie. Once you realise that the reactions make a lot more sense.
>>
It's old enough that you should be able to get it for pocket change, so why not just go for it?

The detective stuff is okay, but investigating crime scenes is basically a game of "click on everything", and coming up with the correct answers during interrogations can be pretty frustrating if you're not thinking what the developers wanted you to think.

It's also a shame that the developers felt obligated to fill the game with numerous unrealistically large-scale gunfights. The city of Los Angeles turns into a fucking war zone several times. The publisher probably thought they needed those shooter segments to attract the normie audience.
>>
>>379792070
There's practically nothing to do in the open world. There's a few street crime missions that pop up, which are short vignettes where you do typical GTA style activities like car chases and shootouts. There's also some collectible cars to find. The open world is mainly about getting from one location to another and can be skipped most of the time, if desired.

If you're interested in film noir, police procedurals or a period piece about California in the 1940s, you'd enjoy LA Noire. If that doesn't describe you, it's probably a waste of your time.
>>
>>379791684
not really, the system in the game just doesn't work
>can see through someone's lie
>accuse them
>oh, i had to ask them another question first THEN accuse them

you get punished for having the intuition you are supposed to have. Possibly slowest and worst driving segments of any game of all time.
>>
its a decent adventure game that was unfortunately tainted with rockstar meddling which resulted in open world collectathon nonsense.
>>
>>379792916
>coax/force/lie

Are you sure it wasn't something like coax/force/accuse? I mean, the "lie" option in the game is used to accuse the suspect of lying, right? So if it's coax/force/lie, then your options are two verbs describing your action and one verb describing the suspect's action, which is confusing and dumb.
>>
>>379791684
very underrated if you're into that style of game

SUPER IMMERSIVE
great story and characters and ATMOSPHERE, one of the best, really

interrogation seemed retarded and "wow i'm punished for not following the same logic as the developers", but on my, what, 3rd playthrough, i actually used my brain to think like the developers and didn't rush questions and i got most of them right

if you're a guy who likes that aesthetic and vintage 1940's movies, you'll love this, like i said it's super immersive and the story arc that the characters go through is fantastic. not much to do after the story besides the collectibles, but it's a great experience overall.
>>
>>379791684

Its like 5/10

The detective shit was kind of boring.
>>
>>379793305
>>379792916
I usually just think of it as
Truth/Bullshit but no proof/ Bullshit and I can prove it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.