[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it. It was a good game. >you only have one gun >it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ogimage.img[1].jpg (264KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.img[1].jpg
264KB, 1200x675px
Admit it. It was a good game.

>you only have one gun
>it doesn't need to be reloaded
>powerups in strategic locations oldschool

no complicated game modes, no wallhack HUD's. just point and shoot. It gets right back to the basics of what FPS are about instead of trying to be a rainbow 6 simulator

and everyone can understand the objectives, so nobody does the wrong thing. it's actually possible to have teamplay with normies.

Battlefront 2 is going to wash it down the drain by trying to be modern battlefield instead. All this "deep" customization and classes and points and fuck you is just clutter that interferes with the basic game design that was so good in the first one.

inb4 ps2 fossils come to reminisce about the old shit from their retirement homes even though they don't play vidya anymore

why aren't you playing it? it's basically free. EA access is such a good deal.
>>
>>379784986
its not battlefront. very few maps at launch, shit heroes, dlc was worse, made aircrafts fucking shit, its all shit

pretty, but shit.
>>
>>379785265
>very few maps at launch
completely false, the map variety is fine for how good each map is. it's not like old games where they ship with 100 maps but only 3 of them are any good. here you have 10 ish maps that are all basically good

>shit heroes
you mean heroes you need to git gud at instead of getting free kills
noob

I don't even know what the rest of that spergout means
>>
>regenerating health

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>379785764
>here you have 10 ish maps that are all basically good
There's only like 4 maps not including DLC, they are cut up to be smaller/different depending on the game mode you play

Battlefront had decent gameplay but it was severely lacking when it came to having any type of interesting content that'd last you longer than 3 days
>>
>>379786020
what's the downside? it's not a collectathon like doom so there's no point to having health packs, and it's not a milsim like battlefield so you're not gimping medics

>buzzword
you're trash
>>
>>379785764
>you mean heroes you need to git gud at instead of getting free kills
>noob
They're literal who's that are just hero skills of random who's you can choose as your character.

Bug off m8
>>
>>379784986
everyone jump packing around with squad shields as bespin guards with jawa blasters. and then a hero comes in getting 70 - 100 kills and wins the game and the retards who only spam fighters and constantly strafe. there that is the battlefront experience in two sentences
>>
>>379784986
>why aren't you playing it? it's basically free. EA access is such a good deal.

It has no DLC maps with the game so it's a waste
>>
>>379786591
>they are cut up to be smaller
no, it's not like battlefield where small maps are one section, the small maps are completely different maps. they just use the same theming which is fine

a good map lasts a long time, why do you need more maps? is it because you don't like FPS games and just need something pretty to look at every 5 minutes? people have played dust for 20 years straight with no complaints

>>379786737
only one single hero in the game was not from one of the movies. kys noob
>>
>>379786709
>battlefield
>milsim

nice bait, almost got me
>>
>>379784986
Looks mediocre AF.
>>
>as soon as we got more info on battlefront 2, /v/ is already praising the first game
/v/ is full of autistic contrarians.
>>
I thought it was fun
>>
>>379784986
Battlefront I and II by Pandemic was good BECAUSE it was like Battlefield in a Star Wars setting. That's what made it popular and why EA decided to renew it using the title "Batttlefront" to sell the game.

EA's first game shat on what made the original games great. They dumbed it down/made it a casual arcade shooter - that's why it sucks. The mechanics they use don't work, are annoying, restrictive, and immersion breaking.
>>
>>379790482
who are you replying to?
>>
No it was shit. Patched bf4 is the best modern EA multiplayer shooter and it took LA Dice to fix that Swedish fucking turd that you bought at launch.
Swedes can only make good graphics.
>>
File: 1493710086438.jpg (146KB, 448x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493710086438.jpg
146KB, 448x281px
>played beta for a dozen hours and just got ultimate edition for 10 bux
Going to be bottom every game but don't even care, felt like some SW pew pew.
>>
>>379790806
>BF4
>anything but a messed up version of BF3

>>379790913
how did you get it for 10bux? whats your origin
>>
>>379791137
>how did you get it for 10bux?
official EA Origin website, maybe should've mentioned it's eurobux
that was my buyout price for this game but I didn't like buying it on G2A and I still have to download it which shouldn't take long but need to clear SSD space first
>>
File: yotsubainawe.png (1MB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
yotsubainawe.png
1MB, 1024x711px
>>379791992
>check it
>it's true

what the fuck. thanks. I might have missed this if not for you. pls b my partner
>>
>>379790482
The first games were casual as fuck too what are you talking about? This was literally the game I used to play when I wanted a braindead game or when I had someone home that didn't play videogames.
>>
>>379792984
battlefield 1942 was casual too. it was only with 2 they tried to make it the hardcores
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.