[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people on /v/ who honestly think the protagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252KB, 300x367px
>There are people on /v/ who honestly think the protagonist did anything wrong

Explain yourselves.
>>
I tried playing this game, but it was just a very boring and generic 3rd person shooter. I slogged through two hours of popping generic sandpeople with AKs that go down in a few hits. Maybe the story is good if you give it some time, but the gameplay sucks.
>>
>>379781559
He clearly did seeing as he's stuck in a purgatory loop of violence and regret.
>>
>>379781802
Its a parody of the shooters you had back then so the shit tier gameplay is part of the experience.
>>
File: hCD68DEE9.jpg (22KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
hCD68DEE9.jpg
22KB, 500x412px
>hear its so deep an shit
>get to the point where you are literally forced to do something
>get guiltripped for doing it ever after
>in the end its revealed that my character was talking to himself, seeing ghosts, yet 2 other operator as fuck dudes didnt just slap hist shit and go home, but instead ran with it wihtout even mentionig it.

What the fuck.
I MIGHT understand the devs forcing the WP thing, but doing so makes the whole thing moot, but i have zero idea how anyone can think the latter issue is accepteable.
>>
>>379784386
Because by the time Walker went fully off the deep end they were already too deep in to really turn around and just leave and they were also losing it; guilt over being complicit in the WP incident, Lugo shooting the radio man (he was obviously snapping as well).

I think people run a bit too hard with the "THE GAME WAS TRYING TO GUILT TRIP ME?!" stuff. I don't think the devs were so naive as to believe most people would give a shit, but it was meant to make you think about the difference between using those drones like in any other FPS and showing you the 'consequences'.

Of course the irony is that CoD4 already did this in a somewhat subtle way by having the TV controllers being so disconnected and chill about the whole thing, and the section was ironically so much fun that many people didn't pick up on it (including me) until it was pointed out.
>>
>>379785597
To elaborate further, Lugo and Adams probably worked ops with Walker for years and he's been a sound, rational, efficient CO up until this point. It's pretty obvious they're uncomfortable with it but.. hey, the Captain's been sound before, right? Let's just roll with it.

Of course by the time they finally figure out that Walker has truly lost it, he's crashed their helicopter into a sandstorm, Lugo's been strung up and Adam's has snapped as well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.