[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Dragon's Dogma, /v/? I've seen mixed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Arisen_Logo.jpg (132KB, 1600x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Arisen_Logo.jpg
132KB, 1600x1035px
Should I play Dragon's Dogma, /v/? I've seen mixed opinions around here, just like pretty much anything else, but it looks pretty cool. Also, should I pick it up from Steam next time it goes on sale or would I be better off getting it on PS4 when the remaster comes out? Please answer unironically.
>>
>>379777961
Steam is probably going to be the best version. Probably a bigger pawnbase to choose from, likely cheaper, and there's a couple mods but nothing great on that front. I'd say get it but it depends on what kind of game you want out of it
>>
>>379778456
>Probably a bigger pawnbase to choose from
Can you explain this? Pawns are just your followers, right? How would this vary from one platform to the next?
>>
>>379778571
Well by that I mean there's probably more players on PC than PS4, thus more pawns to choose from. That's not really a difference maker, but each platform has its own set of pawns
>>
>>379778824
Really the only reason to go PS4 I guess is so I'd have it on my 60" TV. I know a lot of people hook their PC's up to their TV's but I don't have my shit set up that way.
>>
amazing game. Highly recommended. 9/10
>>
>>379779912
>9/10
Just for some perspective, name a couple of your 10/10's.
>>
>>379777961
It starts off kind of slow, but once you get to the main town about an hour or so in it opens up a lot and it becomes maybe the best open-world RPG ever made. Also remember that wolves hunt in packs
>>
>>379780132
Ocarina of Time
Dude Sex
Warcraft 3
VtMB for the roleplaying part.
>>
>>379780294
>maybe the best open-world RPG ever made
Morrowind is currently that game, in my opinion. I think the open world meme is way fucking overdone these days and often just waters a game down with unnecessarily wasted time, but a truly great open world RPG is GOAT. How would you say this stacks up against Morrowind?
>>
Dragons dogma is pretty much the bright happy version of dark souls with more rediculous combat and a weird difficulty curve.

Playing hardmode BB is probably some of the funnest combat i've ever experienced in a game and no other game tops its dragon slaying.

Also you can marry loli's and in some versions run around as a Beserk character so weebs can like it too.
>>
Do it. I played it for the first time over the past 3 weeks for about 80 Hours. When I got to the point where I realized the rest of the game would be boss rushes until I got the perfect gear, I stopped.

Here I am, a day later and I am starting all over again, only now I am switching roles with pawn and being the caster/magic nukes. Its a whole new perspective on the game.

I can't believe I left this game on my backlog for so long.
>>
>>379779004
I played this game a lot on ps3 on a tv and honestly i think pc is a better viewing distance for it.
>>
>>379780537
Dragons Dogma has really fun combat and a lot of customization options, but I wouldn't say it has the same degree of exploration. You basically have your tiny fishing village and the big main city, Gran Soren, and then a bunch of wilderness and old castles. I guess it would depend on what aspect of open-world RPGs you most enjoy.

I wouldn't say its a perfect game by any means, but it's probably the best example of a flawed gem that I can think of.
>>
>>379777961
Objectively, it's a deeply flawed and unfinished game that's marred with some tedious activities and it barely has a story. However, it offers a unique experience with its combat, pawn system and character creation. If you're really wary, you could just pirate it and come back later. Test the waters first. The game isn't for everyone but you may just fall in love with it.
>>
>>379780920
I can dig it. It sounds like I'd probably enjoy the shit out of it tbqhwy but I have work and school and plenty of other shit to play so I'll be stingy and wait for a sale on Steam. Might as well.
>>
>>379780920

This is the real answer OP
>>
>>379780920
Also I should mention that the postgame dungeon is basically another campaign in and of itself, with miniboss monsters that can spawn in and fuck you up out of seemingly nowhere and the chance to get amazing loot.
>>
Do you think they will merge the PS3 and PS4 nexus? If the PS4 version does not have the Berserk outfits than it's guaranteed to not happen.

Cross play would be really cool though.
>>
any recommended mods?
>>
>>379782314
no. Unless you are just looking for cosmetic changes, most mods are just cheats or make the game much easier.
>>
>>379782314
Get the hooks and the compilation of mods (basic). You could also get the World Difficulty mod, but be wary of which ones you install. You might just end up fighting 4 Saurian Sages in the well.
>>
>>379779004

attach your pc to the tv dumbass
>>
>>379782794
They're in different rooms though nigga.
>>
File: Cj8xVziUkAE9Mk3.jpg large.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cj8xVziUkAE9Mk3.jpg large.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
Nooooo
>>
>>379777961
You don't have to wait for a Steam sale. It's on sale at GOG right now.
>>
>>379782549
Is that because there aren't really any good modding tools or because there hasn't been any interest in more substantial mods?
>>
>>379786371
The former, the game is a bitch to mod since everything is pretty much locked out. I don't think we could vary the size of monsters and some health neither.
>>
>>379786625
That's good to know. I was considering getting it in the GOG sale, but I was hoping for something with more moddability. I might still get it, but I'll definitely take this under consideration.
>>
>>379784869
Shit for pawn selection though
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.