[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>10/10 RPG's one after another Will we see a god tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Black isle.png (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Black isle.png
12KB, 300x168px
>10/10 RPG's one after another
Will we see a god tier rpg team like them again?
>inb4 Obsidian or Bethesda
>>
>>379774615
no, cuz you have to be underage to trully appreciate vidya
>>
>>379774615
You forgot CDPR, you faggot.
>>
>>379775382
>solid but clunky: the game
>snoozfest: the game
>downgrade: the game
>>
>>379774615
CDPR and Atlus
>>
Black isle actually only developed Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, and the Icewind Dale series.
>>
Black isle intros gave me diamond hard ons
>>
>>379776684
And those are some of the best RPGs ever made.
>>
>>379774615
They have a game in the works OP.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_V13

>>379776684
Didn't they co-develop BG and BG2?
>>
>>379778760
Fallout 2 and Planescape sure but the Icewind Dale games are just solid 7/10 games and nothing more.
>>
>>379779403
>god tier art and soundtracks
>best isometric party based combat yet
>full party customization

>only a 7/10
Games are both atleast 8.5's my man.
>>
>>379774615
>10/10 RPGs one after another
More like a couple of 9/10s, two 8/10s, and IWD2's 4/10 and FO:T's 6/10.
>>
>>379779146
bioware my dude
>>
>>379779923
>FO:T's
What?
>>
>>379780291
Fallout Origins: Torment
>>
>>379780291
I thought it was made by Black Isle. Oh well, scratch that, IWD2 is still a giant fucking black mark on their quality though.
>>
File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
This is your 10/10 tonight
>>
>>379780614
>pillars of I don't even like RPGs anymore thanks to that game
>>
>>379780614
>pillars of misogyny
Joking aside I've never been more bored of a game in my life. Atleast when I got lore dumps thrown at me in Torment it atleast was written good and was unique. PoT is just typical high fantasy garbage.
>>
>>379780803
>>379781461
Fuck rpgcodex
>>
>>379781698
PoE is the most mediocre game I've ever played
>shitty combat
>shitty story
>shitty writing
>shitty art
>shitty soundtrack
Atleast Deadfire is looking better with the pirate stuff
>>
>>379779146
>>379780087
As far as I remember, BioWare got some advice from Black Isle during the development of BG2.
>>
>>379781698
My opinion has nothing to do with rpgcodex. By the time I made it to the big city I just couldn't go on with the game. I don't care about the tedious background of the characters, or about the boring lore concerning competing religious orders.

You don't write a good RPG with random bits of worldbuilding. There has to be some sort of governing principle, some tension keeping you interested.
>>
>>379782301
>some tension
You're literally going mad anon
>>
>>379782685
Yes I suppose asking for narrative tension from Sawyer is mad
>>
>>379782685
No, you aren't. People just say you're going mad, but nothing actually happens. That issue has zero gameplay effects.

In BG2 you at least lost control over your Charname once and had to run away the rest of your party from the Slayer.

Pillars is just....bland. It's not a bad game. It's just not engaging.
>>
>>379774615
I miss old Bioware, Neverwinter Nights and DA:O were pretty good.
>>
File: 9DQ98kw.jpg (51KB, 820x688px) Image search: [Google]
9DQ98kw.jpg
51KB, 820x688px
>>379774615
Its another
>I'm a virtue signalling /v/ipster who doesn't like fun video games episode and likes isometric snorefests
Episode

I miss the old /v/ that actually liked new video games and weren't stuck in a mindset around outdated trash nostalgia faggotry and storyfaggery.
>>
>>379785962
>Neverwinter Nights
The original campaign with the elf cunt was a dumpster fire.
>>
>>379786392
Can you name a good, recent rpg then?
>>
>>379774615
>majority of the team goes to obsidian.
>inb4 obsidian

Can you kids at least learn your history right before you meme about the golden age of Interplay and magic?
>>
>>379786392
>old /v/ didn't have nostalgia
lamo
>>
>>379787039
Bethesda games, Witcher 3 (Then again I guess this is somewhat praised on here because its seen as le epic hipster enemy to Bethesda so its le magic good guy), Souls games, Dragons Dogma. Idk there's tons of games.

I get it liking a video game for the gameplay instead of choose your own adventure goosebumps tier storyfaggery is I guess to out of the box for the /v/ipster """""gamers""""" I mean how dare an RPG have fun gameplay over being a snoozefest but having le epic amount of choices. I mean shit why not just play D&D or a text only RPG if you're not playing games for the gameplay and are some autistic storyfag who cares about depth in a text based level.
>>
>>379787792
The text only RPG market hasn't been doing greate lately senpai.
>>
>>379778760
>>379778760

>Shit combat
>Shit combat
>Meh combat
>Some of the best RPGs ever made

When do we gas the storyfags?
>>
>>379787792
>Bethesda games
Morrowind is ok, but everything beyond that point is made for braindead people.
>Witcher 3
Repetitive open world, shit combat, same quests over and over.
>Souls games
Literally the Radiohead of Vydia. I bet you played bloodborne and felt enlightened just like you did when you listened to Kid A.
>Dragon's Dogma
Well that one is actually ok.

I get it, being retarded and enjoying games that hold your hand from start to finish is "fun" to you, but that's like your opinion. I'm not saying that you should stop playing them, it's just that i simply don't like them.
>>
File: WtJ_PvGz.jpg (24KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
WtJ_PvGz.jpg
24KB, 404x404px
>>379788928
>Morrowind is okay
Straight up /v/ipster wow really makes me think when I swing my sword at someone and it hits me with the *miss* in a first person action RPG.

Really gets that noggin joggin. Uh oh the games after Morrowind are fun and have a lot of quality content? Only 4 Brainded babbies what you don't like a real mans game my friend?

Not even gonna respond to the rest of you're replies you're fallen into the hi/v/e the only person who can get you out of it is yourself. Good luck and I hope you gain some of your own opinions instead of what came from a cesspool of a regurgitated contrarian opinions on /v/.
>>
>>379787792
The problem with this is the story isn't the only thing wrong with modern Bethesda games and not everyone dislikes the game play of isometric RPGS. I don't think they were perfect or fun beyond anything possible today but acting like there is nothing enjoyable about them is meting in to the opposite extreme.
>>
>>379786392
>if you like old rpgs you don't like fun gameplay either
Why can't I like both? Why can't I appreciate games for their writing, atmosphere and art design (black isle rpgs" and also like games like Quake and Doom? \
>outdated
Why can't I appreciate these games for what they were when they were released? I want to see what Black Isle would be capable of doing with modern technology. You radical faggots are the worst I swear
>you either like this and hate this or like this and hate this
Stop deciding for other people you fucking faggot
>>
>>379789239
>really makes me think when I swing my sword at someone and it hits me with the *miss*
l2p kiddo
>Uh oh the games after Morrowind are fun and have a lot of quality content?
"wahhh mom the game doesn't tell me where to go waaaahhh where is my marker, i don't know how to read quests waaaahhhhh"
Besides Morrowind is fun and has even more quality content.
>Not even gonna respond to the rest of you're replies
Because you don't know how to, right?
Good luck and I hope one day you can actually play a game that requires a little bit of thinking.
>>
>>379787792
If you're in for the gameplay why not play exclusively roguelikes?
>>
>>379791323
Oh shit wrong thread
>>
>>379790186
Its cool if you like both most cucks don't.
>>379790272
>This dude is actually arguing against quest markers
IMAGINE MY SHOCK WHEN THE MAYNSTREEM /V/IPSTER ARGUES AGAINST A TIMESAVING DESIGNED TO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE IN A VIDYA GAME

>This dude straight up defends bad combat mechanics

Really does get those neurons firing tho when i'm sure you think the game has more quality content from a storyfag perspective (even tho the depth of morrowinds story has been debunked so many times such as with the many issues when you join certain guilds that cause conflictions with the main quest) and I as a real gamer think the future installments Skyrim specifically have better content because of the gameplay improvements and sheer number of fun shit to do.

I mean dude just admit it you're either just being edgy and hip trying to fit in with the kids on a chinese basket weaving forum or you don't like video games lmao.
>>379790327
Content is a big part of it aswell. The two biggest factors in a video game are the gameplay and the content. A lot of rogue like/lites have decent gameplay but miss the content thresh.

Skryim and Fallout 4 for example fit both the gameplay and content departments especially with mods. Want Skyrim to be a somewhat realistic survival game where arrows to the head kill people instantly and if you sneak up on someone you can slit their throat everytime. You can do that. Want it to be more action RPG where you can dodge enemies and they can dodge you and you have to take people down in a fast pace. You can do that.

Want Fallout 4 to be a realistic tactical survival RPG that surpasses Stalker and Metro you can do that and you get all that in both games with mods that add hundreds of quality new locations and quests.

Shit is cash.

Fuck storyfags.
>>
>>379791743
Quest markers are kind of annoying. Ruin the surprise. Obviously most people don't want to just blindly bump into stuff - that's why you design important stuff to stand out. But that requires effort.
>>
>>379791936
Most people don't want to be lost for 40 minutes trying to figure out where to go or have to read a mini novella of poor directions just to figure out how to kill a few bandits either. Its frustrating and boring and I remember constantly hearing from even friends of mine who like morrowind they ended up most of the time just looking up online where to go immediately because they hated the wait/didn't want to read.
>>
>>379788254

when do we gas faggots like you who want combat prioritized over roleplaying
>>
File: 1453689267199.jpg (19KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1453689267199.jpg
19KB, 690x460px
>>379774615
>western trash
>10/10 RPG's one after another
>>
>>379791743
>le epic really makes you think meme variations xd
If you really think Skyrim is better than Morrowind only because of gameplay then you are a retard or you have never played Morrowind for more than 10 minutes. At this point I don't really know why I'm even wasting my time on you. But whatever kid, if you don't enjoy it simply don't play it. Shocking, isn't it?
Have a nice day.
>>
>>379792436
>souls fag
>implying bb and demons arent the only good jrpgs
JRPG's fucking suck
>>
>>379792436
JRPGs aren't even RPGs
>>
>>379791743
I don't like morrowind or black isle titles because of the story though. I like them for their quest designs, exploration focused gameplay, and lack of hand holding. I don't hate Skyrim like others though because I love the soundtrack. I can appreciate these games for what they did 15-20 years ago. At the time they were easily the best games in their genres and some of them still are. (torment, fallout 1, morrowind). I'm just disappointed in how much casualization that rpg's have received. I love these old games actively encourage you to explore, and "think" when it comes to quests. Multiple solutions to everything really does increase replayability and truly ROLEPLAY your characters.
>>
File: 1464978167426.png (52KB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464978167426.png
52KB, 652x480px
>>379793109
Xenogears > PS:T
SMT > Fallout
Dragon Quest > Dragon Age
The fuck are you doing on 4chan if you don't recognize truths such as these?
>>379793114
And WRPGs aren't even games.
>>
>>379793637
Opinions != truth.
>>
>>379793637

I'm sorry that you actually have such shit taste.
>>
>>379792436
China please. Souls is a WRPG.
>>
>>379793637
>liking linear weeb shit.
>>
>>379794381
>not liking weeb shit
>on a weeb forum
>>
>>379793637
PS: T > Xenogears
Fallout > SMT
Dragon Quest > Dragon Age
Should have said BG instead of Dragon Age if you wanted to bait people.
>>
>>379787792
>bethesda games
>play a thief, warrior or mage
>RPG
kek
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.