[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All 3 of those sucked major dick, but which one was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1496689354899.jpg (375KB, 1524x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496689354899.jpg
375KB, 1524x640px
All 3 of those sucked major dick, but which one was the bigger disappoitnment?
>>
>>379765042
Without a doubt Duke Forever.

It disappointed even the people that decided not to play it.
>>
>>379765197
No way. You can't really call DNF a "disappointment" because don't think there was a single person out there expecting it to be good.
>>
>>379765042
Duke, it's not even close. Last Guardian is mostly just mediocre. Final Fantasy has like 12 fans who really like it even if I don't. You'd be hard pressed to find someone saying anything nice about the last Duke game outside of Randy Pitchford.
>>
Final Fantasy 15 but that's because I was looking forward to it more than the other two
>>
I had no hope for the other 2 so ffxv
>>
>>379765414
People who had watched the 2001 trailer and had kept up hope over the years did realize Gearbox would make it a piece of shit.

But they were still disappointed at just how bad it was.
>>
>>379765896

Tell me this didn't look like the fucking GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlB2P1leRM
>>
>>379765896
>People who had watched the 2001 trailer and had kept up hope over the years did realize Gearbox would make it a piece of shit.
Didn't Gearbox have virtually nothing to do with it? They just shoved out what 3D Realms had when they went under after polishing the turd a bit.

Gearbox sucks but IIRC this one isn't their fault.
>>
>>379765042

>last guardian

duke has his shit but its a simple FPS, but the last guardian is the pathetic food trash from the intelectuals gaymers than believe then team ICO dont do bad games and still defending it
>>
>>379765896
>People who had watched the 2001 trailer and had kept up hope over the years
I really don't think there was such a person.
>>
For me it has to be FFXV. What a massive turd it turned out to be.
>>
>>379765042
Duke without a doubt. That was a soul crushing disappointment. But TLG was a close second for me. SotC was one of my favorite games of all time and I had such insane high hopes for it.
>>
>>379765042
FF15 was the worst. DNF at least had some fun parts.
>>
>>379765042
FFXV > Last Guardian > hopeless dreams > Douk
>>
>>379766476
Well there's me.

>>379766251
>this one isn't their fault
>They just shoved out waht 3D Realms had

There's a reason 3D Realms hadn't released it themselves though.
>>
>>379765445
>intellectuals
you mean casual puzzle platformerr players.
>>
>>379766661
>There's a reason 3D Realms hadn't released it themselves though.
Because they were incompetent and started over 15 times. There's a reason they went under.
>>
>>379765042
FFXV is actually good though. Only thing you can criticize is the story but every FF story sucks.
>>
>>379765042
TLG and FFXV are good games that just had no hope of living up to the hype.

Duke also had no hope, but it was also just a flat out bad game. /v/ is the only place this would ever be a debate.
>>
File: 1470907975368.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470907975368.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Final Fantasy. The only good thing about the game is that you can listen to the older final fantasy soundtracks. That's literally it.
>>
>>379767075
>literally

No, not literally. Shit taste desu.
>>
>>379765042
FFXV
It was worse than Last Gaurdian and I expected nothing from DNF after th development hell.

Also, XV managed to ruin several unrelated games so SE could recoup capital.
>>
>>379765445
>You'd be hard pressed to find someone saying anything nice about the last Duke game
I recently played it through a second time. It's obviously a glitchy mess, but it has a charm that most FPS games of the era didn't have. And the difference in FPS styles throughout the game is a nice trip through the 2000's.
>>
>>379767075
That part was fucking dumb
>UUUUHHH IM OPENING THE DOOR SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE ME CRYING
>UUUUUUH OKAY YOU VE SEEN ME CRY IMMA GO NOW
>>
>>379765042
I'm an avowed Square hater and I thought XV was better than expected, but still an overall "meh" experience.

Duke was a very polarizing mixed bag. It had a lot of great ideas right next to some really shit ones. The biggest way it crapped the bed was in fundamentally misunderstanding the Duke character and his role in the world which was unforgivable. He was already a parody but they took him beyond ridiculous.

There was nothing wrong with the Blind Guardian it was just too short.

There have been much bigger disappointments in gaming than these three games. In FF's case I'd argue there are much bigger disappointments in it's own series.
>>
>>379765042
>biggest disappointment
TLG
>worst game of the 3
DNF
>>
>>379766813
Well that doesn't excuse Gearbox for releasing a piece of shit.
>>
>>379766837
It's also very ugly, though.
>>
FFXV
>>
>>379765042
TLG and FFXV still turned up at least okay and have some good qualities to them. Duke however has none. First two just couldn't live up the hype, Duke didn't really have one in the first place.
>>
>>379766178
This trailer is spectacular. This is what hyped it up to Half Life 3 levels is the taste of how close it is to coming out, much like Last Guardian nipped you fuck hard having played Ico and TLC.

Last Gaurdian is not bad, however. No where near it considering how whiny most people were only for PS2 controls and camera, which is easily ignored and nothing more than a slight break of immersion.
For the most part, this game turned out spectacular as a *game*.

Duke Forever and Final Fantasy 15 can't get those right apparently, but Final Fantasy is at least.. ok? I couldn't be bothered to play past the first tutorial or so.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.