[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from warcraft 2, are there any rts games with a dedicated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: wc2.gif (41KB, 373x279px) Image search: [Google]
wc2.gif
41KB, 373x279px
Aside from warcraft 2, are there any rts games with a dedicated oil rig mechanic?
>>
File: KKND.gif (144KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KKND.gif
144KB, 640x480px
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but KKND
>>
>>379737834
oh basically I liked that there was another resource that pretty much made you go for sea unit builds, it added variety to the game.
>>
Right out the bat Anno 2070 and that "flash game tier" game about oil rigs.
>>
>>379738940
Anno 2070: mine oil (with either pumps or rigs) to make high-tier products and fuel your aircraft.

Rise of Nations: oil rigs and pumps. They're pretty much required if you want to build an advanced navy and air force. You need it for tanks as well

Offworld Trading Company: You make fuel by pumping water and then using hydrolosis to separate it into hydrogen (for fuel) and oxygen (for life support)
>>
>>379740693
Don't you have to fish in age of empires? Haven't played that in awhile
>>
>>379741213
It's mainly just an alternative to hunting and plant gathering before you build farms.
>>
>>379736983
oil rush. it's pretty specific
>>
While there is no resource on/under water, in Supreme Commander it's pretty much mandatory to control the sea on island and large river maps because ships are crazy powerful and can bombard you from really far.
>>
>>379741593
>>379740693
>>379739736

Thanks for the suggestions, lads.

on another note, what are some rts games with good naval and air combat mechanics that arent basically just late game stompers.
>>
Factorio
>>
Older C&C games had rigs that when captured generated cashflow automatically instead of having to wait on a harvester. I'm pretty sure they were only ever on land though
>>
>>379736983
Not Oil Rig, but the Supcom series, Total Annihilation and Planetary Annihilation have Metal/Mass Spots which you have to build, upgrade and get adjacency bonus from them.

Supcom FAF mainly.
>>
>>379736983

Aye captain?
Ready to fail!
>>
>>379742117
Some maps have underwater mass points too, but obviously the resource is still not unique to sea.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.