/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want about this game, but the helicopters in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: RS2V_huey_04.jpg (854KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RS2V_huey_04.jpg
854KB, 1920x1080px
Say what you want about this game, but the helicopters in this game are some of the best, if not the best in combined arms FPS history. The only games that can compete in this regard are Desert Combat and Project Reality.
>>
>>379726772
>Desert Combat
my nigga
>>
>>379726772
once people get really good with the Cobra and Little Bird being a gook is going to be miserable on some of the maps
>>
File: uh601.jpg (72KB, 1920x643px) Image search: [Google]
uh601.jpg
72KB, 1920x643px
Hmm
>>
>>379726937

I'll insta-buy squad the moment those helis go live. If its anything like PR, I'll be very happy with it.
>>
>>379726902
for real. right now VC rape on Hill, but once ppl figure out how to scout tunnels with loach and then strafe them with the cobra shits gonna be reversed.
>>
>>379726937
FORTY AMERICAN DOLLARS
FIGHTER JETS NEVER EVER
>>
how horrible would it be for the VC if the GIs got Choppers on Cu Chi?
>>
File: narva7.jpg (751KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
narva7.jpg
751KB, 1920x1080px
>>379727759
>FORTY AMERICAN DOLLARS
FIGHTER JETS NEVER EVER

Map sizes roughly 10 times as large, double the amount of maps, 4 factions with comparable amount of guns, ground vehicles, on map artillery assets, british forces coming soon

sounds like a good deal to me
>>
>>379728219
>remove features from your free to play game
>charge $40 for it

GG
>>
File: 20170608215401_1.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170608215401_1.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>379726772
How do I git gud at flying? Is it even possible with just m+kb?
>>
>>379728494
Yea stealing BF2 EA assets sounds like a fantastic idea.
>>
>>379728950
are you saying they couldn't model their own fighter jets?
>>
File: 1492587145863.png (284KB, 383x402px) Image search: [Google]
1492587145863.png
284KB, 383x402px
>>379729104
How would you implement fighter jets moving at realistics speeds on maps that are usually just between 2 and 4 kilometers wide?
>>
It could be the best game ever made but I won't but it because I will never give Kikewire my money again.
>>
>>379729368
you can change how fast you're going in a fucking modern jet retard, they don't go Mach 7 all the time
>>
>>379726772
>only for supermacy
fuck this gay gamemode
>>
>>379728786
Practice on the helicopter range. Drill yourself on maneuvers like hook landings, practice flying low and fast, know where good LZ's are and practice different approaches and landing methods until you find one you like.

Enable free-look by default. Use advanced flight model. Fly with keyboard until you get good, it's not hard at all.

The best huey pilots come in over obstacles to keep RPG fags from getting a long, clean shot. They land quick then GTFO after sitting on the ground for a three-count.

The best cobra pilots know what targets to strafe, how to evade fire and approach targets, and how to steady yourself enough for your gunner to land hits. There's a fine line between flying erratically enough to keep from getting swatted from the air by ground fire, and flying steadily enough for your gunner to be useful. Usually it's a matter of knowing when to do one and when to do the other. Get used to where gooks usually put tunnels and where the dushka's on a map are and you can pretty reliable get kills just blindly firing rockets at where there's *probably* gonna be a tunnel or squad.

The best Loach pilots stay low and fast. They know where tunnels are mostly gonna be, they know where they can go to shake someone if they're being shot at from the ground, and they know how to avoid LOS of dushka's.

As a rule of thumb don't fucking EVER fly over 75m AGL.
>>
File: Notatoomkang.png (25KB, 510x544px) Image search: [Google]
Notatoomkang.png
25KB, 510x544px
>>379726772
>Desert Combat
You're a good person, mate.
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>379726772
Brb installing Project Reality. Guess you don't even need a BF2 install anymore.
>>
>>379728786
>>379730339
Never, ever, EVER use fucking auto-hover unless you're doing a landing at base and can't avoid hitting obstacles. If you do it in the field you WILL fucking die.

Here's how to land like a pro:

Easy mode: Approach low and fast. When you're near the target LZ, cut collective and pitch upwards. You'll gain altitude but lose velocity, and watch the little circle direction indicator at your hud. Level off once this hits the center, then keep it at the middle with your collective low. You'll drop and hit the ground. Figure out how much distance you need to come to a stop.

Expert mode: Same as before, but when you pitch up, hit Q (or E) hard. The point is to yaw your helicopter until it's aimed sideways. Now, use A&D to adjust your pitch. Aside from this, this method of landing is functionally the same as the other way- the only difference is that you slow down quicker because your helicopter is 'drifting' and moving sideways as opposed to straight forward. Takes a little more practice but you can stop way faster, and you're a less predictable target.
>>
>>379728950
Nothing in PR was BF models since like 2014
>>
>>379726772
>cobra gunner can't take control when pilot it shot
>latency increases when you get in a helicopter
>netcode makes the helicopters jitter all the time
>no independent sensitivity settings for infantry/helis and each axis of motion in helis
>no trackIR/flightstick or VR support
>>
>>379732397
>wrong
>don't have shitty internet so this isn't a problem
>never noticed this, see above
>totally valid
>pretty valid
>>
File: 8580xedf4_(53).jpg (14KB, 442x249px) Image search: [Google]
8580xedf4_(53).jpg
14KB, 442x249px
>>379726772

Best helicopter is EDF
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.