[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the low price? http://store.steampowered.com/app/4 143

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Why the low price?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

From the E3 trailer of 2016 ? I thought this would be a full price game.
>>
No, it's an indie game.

They even did the motion capture in their boardroom or something.
>>
>>379697718
It's a mildly short linear game made by like 20 people. I applaud them for not going full Jew. Will definitely be buying this day one.
>>
the devs said its not a full scale title, they dont want to charge full triple a price. no physical copies as well so they can make more money and supposedly make more gaems.
>>
>digital only

Nah, not paying for air you subhuman jews
>>
4 hours walking simulator.
>>
How many fuck you will this game have?
>>
DMC4 is trash
>>
>>379697718
>From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and DmC: Devil May Cry
Jesus fuck, I think that's the fastest I've ever been turned off from a game.
>>
>>379697718
The entire idea behind the project was to make something of "AAA" quality on a low budget.

The girl they used is a video editor at their company, they made a cheap motion capture studio in their conference room and so on.

It's actually pretty cool. Hopefully this will lead to less 2D pixel shit from indie hipsters.
>>
>>379698046
Enslaved is a pretty good game.
>>
It's done by only 20 guys.

It's a AA game along the lines of Surge and Technomancer. Yeah that market still exists.
>>
>>379698107
It's really not. It's worse than DmC gameplay wise(At least DmC, isn't stiff and clunky. The problems with it come from the enemy design and awful scoring system, it doesn't feel BAD to control like Enslaved), and the story is just as bad. I mean, I suppose it's a passable HacknSlash, but by that metric, Heavenly Sword, and DmC are pretty good too.
>>
>>379698136
It's a shame both of those are ass, because I really do like the general idea of AA games. They just need to focus more on gameplay, than graphics. They spend too much time and money trying to match the big boys in graphics, when it would be a lot easier to just take a small hit to graphics(While still looking plenty fine), and focus on delivering great gameplay.Or hell, even a good story,
for the people who are into that.
>>
>>379697718
>Why the low price?

It's a shit smartphone like game, what did you expect?
>>
>>379697804
It will hurt the games sales though, when people see a lot price their first thought is always "what's wrong with it"
>>
>>379699227
>when people see a lot price their first thought is always "what's wrong with it"
More like "Well it's not that expensive I guess I can spare some for this."
Reminder people tend to buy cheaper stuffs to try out.
>>
>>379699227

It's already in effect. People at steam are having finding it fishy that a AAA looking game is only 30 bucks and that the rest of the game might be bundled up in DLC.
>>
>/v/ know conditionally wants games to be $60 or they consider them "cheap"
fucking hell
>>
File: 1408543192867.jpg (17KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
1408543192867.jpg
17KB, 200x225px
>From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and DmC: Devil May Cry
Closed the steam page on a speed of light.
>>
This game is going to be a massive flop from what I've seen.

Is it knee deep in social justice bullshit? if so it's most likely funded from ((someone)) anyway so won't matter too much.
>>
>>379701751

Looks like typical revenge story to me.
>>
File: enslaved1.jpg (65KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
enslaved1.jpg
65KB, 620x350px
>>379701751
Tameem can be criticized for a lot of things but SJWism is not one of them.
>>
>>379699525
Human nature, cheaper games are seen as being inferior and not worth owning. Unless the price is so low it becomes an impulse buy of course.

There is greater value given to something if it costs more, my gf for instance refuses to buy store own brand food from the supermarket and much prefers to pay double for the brand name ones.
>>
>>379701927

Especially when the intro of DmC has Donte fuck angels.
>>
>>379702071

That or people are so used to games being 60 bucks that something like this being sold for half instantly makes them wary of any microtransaction dickery.
>>
>>379702080
>Especially when the intro of DmC has Donte fuck angels.

and the abortion incident and dead baby joke
>>
>>379702926
And damsels in distress both in Enslaved and DMC.

Nah, Tameem is anything but SJW. A pompous, pretentious person but not SJW in the slightest.
>>
>>379703112
please use a lowercase m when talking about the abortion of the DmC reboot
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.