[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ through so many mental gymnastics to make themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6549.jpg (37KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6549.jpg
37KB, 264x292px
Why does /v/ through so many mental gymnastics to make themselves believe that PS4 has no games, but then praises the Switch, which is nothing but ports and shovelware right now?
>>
File: pipe.png (729KB, 583x497px) Image search: [Google]
pipe.png
729KB, 583x497px
>>379697232
because idiots here promote loyalty to a company and do everything they can to put down other companies to justify their purchase.

t. idort
>>
>>379697459
That is not a cat
>>
Why did /v/ through so many mental gymnastics to make themselves believe that Wii U had no games, but then praised the PS$, which was nothing but ports and shovelware at launch?
Let the meme answers begin.
>>
>>379697232
Welcome to Nintendogaf.
>>
File: IMG_6555.jpg (103KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6555.jpg
103KB, 368x368px
>>379697558
I own a Wii U and a bunch of games though. The hell are you on about. The Switch is a garbage console, not the Wii U
>>
Nobody bought a wiiu so wiiu ports are alright. Not like there is much to port.
>>
>>379697232
>believe that PS4 has no games, but then praises the Switch, which is nothing but ports and shovelware

Because a lot of the AAA games from the PS4 are also available on PC.

Yeah sure theres only like 3 good games on the switch but the stupid fans will suck nintendo's dick for any shitty game involving their infinitely rehashed IPs
>>
>>379697730
we still have about 9 ports to go
>>
>>379697232
>shovelware
Really wish /v/ wouldn't use buzz words without knowing what they mean
>>
>>379698027
shovelware
1. Software that is hastily made, without proper testing, and 'shoveled' down consumers throats in order to make some quick cash.

it fits perfectly, nigger
>>
>>379698141
No it doesn't. Shovelware was typically used to refer primarily to licensed games. There are maybe three games on the Switch that fall into that category. Shovelware isnt a catch all word for low budget indie games or ports of old shit.
>>
>>379697232
Because a portable port machine is actually fun
>>
>>379698661
The Switch also probably already is getting more exclusives this year than the PS4 has had throughout its entire lifetime.

It has a healthy balance so far of ports, multiplatform games and exclusives, while the no games meme with the PS4 is meant to illustrate that it's a pretty useless piece of hardware if you already have a PS3, a PC or an X-Box because practically every major game for the console is on those platforms as well.
>>
>>379698985
do you have a single source to back up your ridiculous claims?
>>
>>379697232
People who actually debate about console wars have no objective thoughts or are too poor to be able to afford more than one console. The best you can do is ignore them, enjoy your hobby and discuss it freely while they screech.
>>
>>379699202

>Splatoon 2
>Super Mario Odyssey.
>ARMS

That's three right there, and I only picked big name exclusives. The Switch is going to outpace the PS4 on the exclusives front in next to no time.
>>
>>379699524
who are you quoting?
>>
>>379697232
Because "its okay when nintendo does it" isn't merely a meme. Its the mindset of many /v/irgins.
>>
>>379699553

I was responding to this anon>>379699202, whose statement of
>do you have a single source to back up your ridiculous claims?
towards >>379698985, I assume is made in reference to the first part of the post,
>The Switch also probably already is getting more exclusives this year than the PS4 has had throughout its entire lifetime.

My post was just evidence to support the latter anons point. Is that good for context?
>>
>>379699202
If you want FFXV or RE7 or Fallout 4, they're on X-Box or PC. If you want stuff like Persona 5 or Danganronpa, they're on PS3, Vita or Steam. PS4 has Bloodborne and Horizon, but Switch already in 2017 has at least at least 6 big exclusives that aren't Wii U ports for 2017
>>
>>379699737
no seriously, who are you quoting?
>>
>>379699810

No one is being quoted, but something tells me (You) already know that.
>>
>>379699802
Sources on the Switch exclusives? Sources on them outpacing PS4's number of exclusives? That's what I thought
>>
>>379699892
stop misusing the quote function then
>>
>>379699958

>Being so new that you see green-text as a just a 'quote function'

If I had realized you were questioning my use of green-text for listing those games, I wouldn't have bothered responding.
>>
>>379697232
I don't dabble in consolewar threads, but the Switch has been out for 4 months and the PS4 has been out for 4 years.
>>
>>379697232
>but then praises the Switch
Most of /v/ does nothing but shit all over the Switch like it does with everything else. Stop acting like a victim.
>inb4 I see a lot of positive Switch threads though!
I see the same with Sony. Most of it is shitposting on both sides.
>>
>>379700112
stop misusing the quote function
>>
>>379700112
go back there.
>>
>>379699919
>Mario Odyssey
>Arms
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>mainline SMT
>Fire Emblem Warriors

I dont need to provide a source for games that we all know are coming out for the console since the original press con.

And I don't need a source for the argument (not claim, learn what the difference is) that if Nintendo and it's supporters keeps up the pace with at least 5 or 6 major Exclusives each year, not including lower budget Exclusives or joint 3ds and Switch Exclusives, the Switch can easily outpace the PS4 on the Exclusives front. We know Smash, Kirby and mainline Fire Emblem are going to get entries some time as well as a No More Heroes follow up
>>
>>379700416
who are you quoting though? you're keep making baseless assumptions
>>
different people making different statements and also plain old fanboyism and also shitposters who don't care either way further propogating fanboyism for shits and giggles

personally both are very weak
>>
>>379697232
I'm not praising either, consoles are stupid.
>>
>>379698518
should just be called, shillware, or goyware.
>>
>>379697730
>nobody on /v/ bought a Wii U

You're kidding me right?
>>
>>379700112
Who are you quoting here? I don't get it.
>>
>>379697232
I don't. Nintendeo has done nothing worthy of attention for more than a decade.
>>
>>379697232
Switch will get Japanese games ported and it will sell more than the Xbox but I doubt it will surpass PS4. It's a tablet that gets two good exclusives out of it's entire lineup. It needs to sell COD, B1, Destiny 2, and Fifa(current gen) to actually be sold seriously.

Manchildren can't support the Switch alone, you need normie support and that's not going to happen with the first party games. Or a gimped version of multiplats. Will Skyrim be 64 bit on Switch? Regardless, I'm buying the Switch.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.