[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Resident Evil game and why is it RE4? http

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 24

File: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
91KB, 300x425px
What is the best Resident Evil game and why is it RE4?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13153331
>>
>>379696446
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

Why don't you not use a fallacy when asking a question if you want an unbiased and fair assessment, you fool?
>>
File: atmosphere.png (833KB, 954x676px) Image search: [Google]
atmosphere.png
833KB, 954x676px
>why is it RE4
filename
>>
>>379696535
Just how NEW are you?
>>
>>379696446
>>379696535
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

When will these fucking threads stop
>>
>>379696605
>>379696535
why are you samefagging like this? weirdo. I know it's you, I saw the counter shizzle.
>>
>>379696716
??
dotted is mine
solid red line is a reply to mine
>>
>>379696752
how'd you post within a minute of those replies? you got a 4chan pass or what m8
>>
>>379696951
idk
>>
>>379696975
Holy fucking faggot superman
>>
>>379696446
RE4 is a near perfect game is why.
>>
>>379696573
But REmake has better atmosphere
>>
>>379696573
While I agree RE4 is the best game in the series, REmake's atmosphere is 1000x better.
>>
Bumpity
>>
Red 9 or Blacktail?
What's your favorite boss fight?
Your favorite quote?
Opinion on the TMP?
>>
>tfw no more RE4 threads on /v/
I hate the underage classicfags on this board so much.
>>
>>379703596
Red9
Don't have one
You're right hand comes off?
Didn't like it too much personally, but I understand it's popularity
>>
>>379703596
>Red9 or Blacktail
Red9
>Favorite boss fight
Krauser
>Favorite quote
"I really don't give a damn. Rain or shine, your going down!" - Leon to Salazar
>Thoughts on the TMP
One of my favorite weapons in the game along with the red9, mine thrower and Krauser's bow in Mercs. I find the TMP really fun to use. Getting headshots in succession with it feels really satisfying.
>>
>>379703596
Obliviously Red 9
the Verdugo
No thanks, bro
It's quite cool to use for headshots, when you're running low on handgun ammo
>>
REmake had better atmosphere but 4 might be a better game.

Actually honestly RE2 is probably the perfect RE. It is a refined version of the first game but doesn't feel overlong. 4 feels overlong.

RE7 is a close contender.
>>
>>379703596
Fully upgraded starter handgun
Mendez
No way, fag
Good if you're good at the game, bad if you don't know how to aim and stunlock enemies
>>
>>379696446
Should I play the Wii version?
>>
>>379706231
The wii version actually has really fluid controls. There was a time when I'd argue the wii version was the best version.

The controls are kind of a double-edged sword though. The pointer breaks the balance of the guns. Leon is supposed to have shaky aim, and some guns are supposed to hold steadier than others. In the wii version, every gun just points to where your pointer is.

Other than that, it's got the GCN graphics and PS2 extras so it looks great and has all the content. I'd recommend you play any of the HD versions over the wii version, but the wii version isn't a bad way at all to experience the game either.
>>
>>379703596
Red9, but my true choice is the Punisher. Mine Thrower is the best, though
Garrador is dope.
"Detras de ti, imbecile!"
Great in the Gamecube version(fuck hedge maze), good otherwise.
>>
>>379706183
>no way fag
I like you
>>
File: SalazarStatue.png (546KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SalazarStatue.png
546KB, 800x600px
>>379698465
>Near perfect
>1/2 of it is shit and fucks the pacing.

I love how RE4 fanboys forget the island is a thing and the second half of the castle is plain retarded.

The game is a decent 9/10
8/10 if you remove the blatent shoehorning with the RE franchise (leon, ada, wesker and that's it)
7/10 if you remove nostalgia

REmake is literally the best game in the series as it is the end all perfect example of a resident evil game and a well made game by near all standards.
Fucking hell even RE2 and 3 are better than 4 in most regards and they actually are good examples of the series.

RE4 fucked the series up, they changed the formula literally to get the cod audience and it did worse than they expected.
>Muh best selling game of the franchise
No, that's 5.
2 on the PS1 ALONE sold more than 4 did on the GC, Wii and PS2. The only reason 4 is doing any sort of decently at all is the fact it's now been ported to 13 platforms.

Best by sales? No
Best by example of the series? No
Best by graphics? No
Best by Nostalgia? 10/10 GOTYAY!
>>
>>379704802
>Underage classic fags
>Underage
>Classic RE

Nice contradiction retard.
You're too young to have played them anyway.

Faggots like you who were brought into the series by formula breaking games like 4 and 5 are the fucking reason the series went to shit.
>>
>>379706492
>Mine thrower
Do you like it as a toy, or do you buy it during the runs of the game?
>>379706523
When this is over, drinks are on me.
>>
>>379706846
You're entirely wrong. The classicfags are underage because if they played the games when they came out you'd know by 0/CV everyone was sick of the classic formula. RE4 might've been a soft-reboot a lot of fans didn't want, but nobody particularly wanted another classic game either. The formula was stale.

Classicfags on /v/ are just underage hipsters who don't understand that 4 was a welcome breath of fresh air.
>>
>>379706875
>Do you like it as a toy
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I use it in-game. I used it in one playthrough as a substitute for the rifle. Didn't finish that playthrough, but I had a good time with it. The Water Room was interesting. I honestly wish you could get a bit more ammo for it, though.
>>
File: Jillvothdance5.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jillvothdance5.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Remake is best, followed by RE2.

you're a normie if you think RE4 is better than either of those
>>
>>379696716
I don't know what's funnier, that you think I replied to my own comment or that you lied about it.
>>
>>379707040
By toy I meant as a fun weapon for playing around with, but not necessarily with the intent to finish the game. How far did you get in that playthrough? I hardly use the rifle after the castle because I use the knife trick on regenerators. I might try it if it went well for you.
>>
>>379696446
I played this earlier this year and was surprised at how good the game really was. It just kept going and never stopped.

Haven't played RE5 or 6 yet. Wanna hit those and Revelations 1 before hopping into 7.
>>
>>379707287
It was years ago. I don't exactly recall, but I think I got to start of the Island.

>knife trick with the Regenerators
I'm awful at that. I just stockpile incendiary grenades and start shooting.
>>
File: ClrjKLWWIAAP6jW.jpg_large.jpg (28KB, 430x400px) Image search: [Google]
ClrjKLWWIAAP6jW.jpg_large.jpg
28KB, 430x400px
>>379706747
calm your autism
>>
>>379703596
Blacktail
Salazar
"Where's everybody going? Bingo?"
The TMP was helpful a ton of times, but near the end the game gives you so much handgun and shotgun ammo there's no point in using it anymore.
>>
File: 1496570734200.jpg (30KB, 359x251px) Image search: [Google]
1496570734200.jpg
30KB, 359x251px
out of the ones I've played

2 > REmake > 3 > 4 > CVX

all incredibly fun games
>>
>>379703596
Red9 with Stock
U3, the cargo battle is simply perfect for first run
>A senior moment perhaps?
>You're small time
Very versatile, shoot mooks in the head and knee to melee them or just empty the clip on boss to kill are both good
>>
>>379706747
while I agree with you with the fact that REmake is probably the best game of the series, I'd say that RE4 is also a nice game; I played it for the first time 2 years ago, and I still had a lot of fun despite not having my eyes filled with nostalgia
>>
>>379707474
>Salazar
Really anon? I fully respect that opinion, but he's the only boss fight I dread on a runthrough. He just takes so many bullets, and knifing him isn't an option. I normally save the free RL for him just so I can be done with it.
>>
>>379707784
I forgot about 7, I guess I'd put it last but I had a good time with it
>>
>>379696446
Can someone please tell me whether RE7 is good or not? Never really get a straight answer with this.

Is genuinely good, great, trash or just lukewarm?
>>
>>379707784
/vr/ thinks 2 is mediocre btw. They say the game is way too linear and that you can kill everything with guns without running out of supplies. They think 1/REmake and 3 are far better than 2.

I haven't played 2 in nearly 20 years but they're probably right from what I remember. Recently played through REmake for the first time and it was god tier. I don't think 2 competes with the original or REmake at all.
>>
>>379707078
You're the normie for saying that, because normies think liking the fixed camera RE's and hating on the over-the-shoulder ones makes them look smart. I would have given you a pass if you said, "I like RE4 but I think RE2 and REmake are the best". But no, you're the epitome of normie. Fuck off.
>>
>>379706747
Shinji Mikami fucked the series up by not working on RE5. No way he would have opted for something like RE5 as the follow up to one of the most critically acclaimed games ever.
>>
>>379708068
yeah that's not wrong at all, no bosses come close to nemesis in terms of difficulty and it feeds you supplies like a silent hill game

I really like the music and mood of 2 though
>>
>>379707907
I'd say it's a good time.
The gunplay feels good, the atmosphere is great and it easily has the best written story in the series. The Baker Family is a real treat too. The only things that are wrong with this game are the incredibly weak puzzles and the lacking enemy variety.

I'd say it's worth a playthrough or two.
>>
Man, this site sure has underage ADHD taste, RE4 winning and all
>>
>>379708397
I have a lot of trouble figuring him out. Since RE4 he's directed Vanquish and The Evil Within, and had heavy influence on Shadows of the Damned. He seems really hell-bent on making his dream third person shooter after RE4.

What drives him to focus so hard on one genre? Is he trying to expand on the RE4 formula? is he desperate to recapture that kind of acclaim?
>>
>>379707907
It's a good survival horror game that is literally Resident Evil from a different view perspective. None of the supernatural Silent Hills bullshit from the demo is in the full game.

It's good Anon, but doesn't really do anything amazing like the other games.
>>
>>379707907
It's a fun game, it's basically like older resident evil games, except you're playing in First Person view; some parts could be better, but overall it is kinda nice.

Personally, the only problem I have with RE7 is that older RE games offered you a lot of stuff after you finished them, whereas this game has a LOT of post game stuff in the DLCs
>>
>>379707907
>A fitness tracker is your lifebar
Does anyone else love this little touch as much as I do? It reintroduces the old health system in a way that makes it feel more realistic and less "video-gamey."
>>
>>379696573
RE4's atmosphere is nice, but not the best in the series. The real draw with RE4 is the sense of progression with the weapons and how they fit in with the combat. My biggest problems with RE5 and 6 are the scrapped upgrade system and a mission select menu to progress through the game. RE4's guns are distinct enough from each other to the point where they can be personified. RE's sense of progression throughout the game was their strongest point from the beginning.
>>
for 2 is the best followed by remake and 4. btw 7 was pretty good dont know if i prefer it more then for thou
>>
File: CShPW9EUEAAdGCw.jpg (28KB, 432x407px) Image search: [Google]
CShPW9EUEAAdGCw.jpg
28KB, 432x407px
>>379696573
>better than 2 and 3's atmosphere
>>
>>379708609
>>379708727
>>379708858
>>379708967
So the consensus is its good, but nothing compared to the originals eh?
>>
>>379709646
The originals weren't like these 10/10 masterpieces though. RE1 was rough at best, and RE2 managed to be a little more fun. The only classic game that was truly great was REmake. I'm gonna say RE7 is about on par with most of the classic games.
>>
>>379703596
>Blacktail for taking up far less space
>Verdugo without just using the rocket launcher
>Anything Saddler says
>Most versatile weapon in the entire game
>>
>>379703596
>red9
fired a c93 IRL once, fucking delightful.
>enjoy most boss fights
>your right hand comes off?
>tmp
people who use the tmp alongside their preferred pistol, shotgun, and longrifle know the joys of suppression in those tight moments. especially on pro, the tmp is a priceless addition to your repertoire as long as you only save it for crowd control or bullet hosing mini bosses.
>>
>>379709961
>The originals weren't like these 10/10 masterpieces though.
They actually were at the time. RE1&2 blew people away. You really don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>379710065
I'll give you that. I was 17 when RE3 came out, so I was probably a little young to fully appreciate them.
>>
>>379707000
TRIPS HAVE SPOKEN
>who don't understand 4 was a breath of fresh air
this, honestly. i think we're rather lucky to have gotten the version we did instead of what 3.5 was going to be (a silent hill-ish rip off), although killing the main character of the game would have been a bold move. it's funny that with re4 mikami dealt with the same issues that kamiya did on 2 and reworked the game multiple times before release. i'm still disappointed we never got what is now know as 1.5 but what we did get was still fantastic in both cases of 2 and 4.
>>
>>379707907
it's lukewarm, but definitely fun.
>>
Anybody looking forward to the RE2 remake?

I don't see this game doing well financially btw. REmake came out at a time when the video game community still wasn't composed of total ADHD retards. Classic Resident Evil design is just far too archaic for the general modern video game community.
>>
Here's some footage from the Resident Evil 4 prototype that never was btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS72uoJKyzA

Leon had great hair.
>>
>>379711106
I get surprised all the time. Monster Hunter is finally catching on in the west, Dark Souls is huge, and Nier 2 performed very well. I kind of figured every one of those was doomed from the start. REmake 2 is going to have modern updates like REmake 1, but I believe it can still succeed.
>>
>>379709961
Yes they were and still are, Resident evil 2 especially. 3 faded off a little bit, and RE was dead in the water until 4. Umbrella chronicles is also underrated.
>>
Top 5 are RE4, REmake, RE2, RE3, and RE7 in that order.
>>
File: 1429957408292.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429957408292.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>people respecting RE7 and including it in the top 5
warms my heart
REmake is best though
>>
File: RE1.jpg (100KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
RE1.jpg
100KB, 499x500px
>>379696446
>RE3 and Oiginal RE1 that low
Making Resident Evil action was a mistake, these games don't get the love they deserve.
>>
Is the TMP worth upgrading on Pro?
>>
>>379713681
tmp is the best weapon, so yes.
>>
File: Dante smug.jpg (372KB, 722x922px) Image search: [Google]
Dante smug.jpg
372KB, 722x922px
Lowkey, best RE game is DMC1.
>>
>>379713681
Yes. Get rid of everything so that all that drops are TMP ammos.
>>
Bump6
>>
File: 1496640036878.jpg (47KB, 750x491px) Image search: [Google]
1496640036878.jpg
47KB, 750x491px
>>379715824
>>
Because RE4 has the best gameplay by a landslide, incredibly memorable set pieces and levels, insane amount of replay value, and BY FAR the best sound design not even just in the series but maybe for any horror game. Not to mention it had the best graphics on a console period at the time of release.

As someone who's been with the series since RE2 and have played almost every single game including unreleased ones and spinoffs, I can say RE4 is honestly the scariest game in the series as well.
>>
>>379703596
Red 9 hands down. Sexiest gun in a game period, and overpowered as shit even when it was nerfed post-Gamecube.

Bitores Mendez. The insane 1 second violin loop, the burning cabin with low lighting, and the way he just fucking walks at you and tanks hits. even when I've got the shotgun I feel fucking terrified in that fight.

AHHHHHH, I'LL BUY IT AT A HIGH PRICE

TMP is good for headshots but I honestly just prefer the precision and power of the Red 9. I only use the Semi-Auto Sniper anyways so my pistols are always backup.
>>
>>379716250

>Because RE4 has the best gameplay by a landslide

Which includes incredibly overpowered weapons, excessive ammo drops, and a game that's practically a rail shooter, completely detracting from the survival horror experience

>BY FAR the best sound design not even just in the series but maybe for any horror game

REmake had much better sound design and a vastly superior OST

>Not to mention it had the best graphics on a console period at the time of release.

Sure

>I can say RE4 is honestly the scariest game in the series as well.

Are you absolutely fucking retarded? I like RE4, I think it's fun to play, but REmake takes the cake in terms of tension and atmosphere. RE4 is just far too scripted.
>>
>>379716876
>survival horror experience
Good thing the back of the box on Gamecube says the game is "A New Breed of Action Horror!" then.

REmake's sound design is not even half as good, the zombie sounds are bad, the guns aren't as punchy either, let alone the amount of atmospheric sounds in RE4 and how well they're implemented. Also OSTs are about equal, both are among the best in the series.

As for the scares, when I was a little kid I only found some parts of RE4 (namely the invisible bugs and regenerators, maybe the dog maze) scary.
Now that I'm an adult and I have a more attentive eye for detail and atmosphere though RE4 scares the everloving shit out of me in ways none of the others do. As for REmake, I honestly think the difficulty curve is so steep I end up focusing too much on trying to actually beat the game to actually get immersed and scared by it.
>>
>>379716876
this entire post is a joke. The ONLY part of remake that has any sort of resource management is burning crimson heads but you can just burn stacks of bodies or deal with the respawns.

I felt low on ammo way more often in RE4 (especially in post gamecube versions that reduce ammo spawns) than I did in any other game in the series because you have to shoot way more due to the bigger combat focus.

I have a shocking newsflash for you: "classic" resident evil is not survival horror because there's no survival mechanics and the game isn't scary. You have tons of resources unless you're a complete moron and your character can kill every enemy in the game that isn't just a RUN FROM THE BIGBAD THING setpiece. This is also the case in RE4, except that RE4 is full of enemies that can kill you in one hit so you can't just sit in the menu and calm down/heal and you have to protect ashley.

As for horror, a dog jumping throw a window is not horror, it's a jumpscare that works by triggering your caveman instinct that a jaguar is about to eat you. Just make a game where it cuts to a loud noise randomly and you've got "classic resident evil horror" and maybe to really seal the deal you can have something chase you down a hallway or something. This isn't scary, it's tense and re4 is way more tense because of the previously mentioned protecting ashley/deadlier enemies
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-14.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-14.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>379696446
First time I ever played this game was on the Wii. It was perfection and the controls were amazing and fun.

I recently got the remastered version on my xbone. Using the normal controller instead of the Wiimote, holy shit this game is hard to play/control. The tank control scheme really has made itself apparent moreso than when I played on the Wii. They also took out the 'quick-knife' command the Wii version had which is a real bitch.

Yeah the Wii version made it a little too easy, but it was so smooth I didn't even mind. It is just so janky playing on a normal controller though, I'll have to come back later and finish it because I am getting my ass kicked. And this is someone who played through RE4 on professional like 10 times on the Wii.
>>
>>379719907
Wii Edition is the definitive way to play RE4.

Anyone here play RE5 with the Move? I'm wondering how it compares.
>>
>>379716876
Nice leddit spacing, you obnoxious twat.
>>
>>379719907
the wii aiming controls break the game. the tanky controls, gun shaking (which is based on the weapon you use) and the delay on using a knife are all things that exist to make you think more about the combat and when you move/attack, instead of just yoloing into zombies and winning like what later RE games turned into

>>379720047
the definitive version will always be either gamecube (every version after has removed some visual effects, has some fun exclusive glitches) or the HD version on pc (mods, post gamecube gameplay changes without the issues the previous ports had)
>>
>>379720812
what about that one version featuring you're mum's puss m8?
>>
>>379720812
>gamecube version has exclusive glitches
Like what?

Aiming with the wii remote is the best.
>>
>>379721087
>Like what?
you could suplex people as ashley during that one bit you play as her if you hit them with a door

>Aiming with the wii remote is the best.
it makes the game way too easy, just headshot everyone instantly. it also fucks with the weapon balance because situations where you trade off a weapon that has more waver for some other perk are now pointless because that gun shoots straight every single time
>>
How does RE4 have tank controls?
>>
>>379721336
Sorry I don't enjoy being frustrated with artificial difficulty aiming.
>>
>>379721412
Tank controls pretty much mean you can only move forward and back.

To much knowledge you cant strafe right?
>>
>>379721632
Right.
>>
>>379721567
RE4 probably isn't your kind of game, then.

Might I recommend loading up an FPS in single player and shooting bots that don't move? That's probably more satisfying if you just want to mindlessly shoot virtual men over and over
>>
>>379721760
>you can't like RE4 unless you enjoy the inferior aiming system
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
How's Code Veronica X in terms of singleplayer? I've only played original RE and 2 so far.

What about replay value?
>>
>>379721412

Do you not know what tank controls are or have you not played RE4? Either way, tank controls means your character can only walk forward, backward, and rotate clockwise/counterclockwise. Some games allow a quick 180. You might be confused because RE4 has an over-the-shoulder perspective where as tank controls are traditionally used for fixed-camera games. God Hand also has tank controls

>>379721336

This is why the latest PC version is the best. It retains the smooth, fast aiming of the wii version but keeps the weapon balance because the guns aren't perfectly accurate unlike the wii version.
>>
>>379721412
You can't turn while moving forward or back.
>>
>>379722287
It's great. Beating the game unlocks Battle Mode, which has its own unlockables. There's an infinite rocket launcher, too.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75KB, 333x472px
>>379696446
Not only is REmake better but it's probably the best game ever made. It has no outstanding flaws, high replay value and near perfect pacing.
>>
>>379696446
REmakefags BTFO!!
>>
File: 1493057341172.jpg (69KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1493057341172.jpg
69KB, 750x573px
>>379723197
fuck you fuck you fuck you!
>>
>>379723169
>best game ever made
Settle down. It's the best survival horror game ever made, but going beyond that is just asinine.
>>
>>379723478
it's definitely my favorite game ever made

objective best game is impossible to decide anyway
>>
>>379720812
There is no advantage to not having the quick knife. The amount of boxes and shit that you have to break probably adds hours to the game because you have to pull out your knife, bend way down, and then swing. Nobody used it to attack because it's much weaker than pulling out your knife.
>>
>>379723197

Yes, we know /v/ is the most underaged board
>>
>>379723852
quick knife is maybe half a second faster than just holding the button to pull out knife and swinging, 99% of boxes are at a level where it'll hit it right away

quick knife is useful for fights because it auto tracks onto the nearest enemy (where time is actually important). if you knock someone down you can quick knife to instantly stab at your feet instead of bringing it down, then use the other button command to do proper knife damage & kill enemies with your knife in the middle of a crowd more easily
>>
>>379723561
But two is better, period, no argument, that is, unless you like games because of graphics.
Anon?
>>
>>379723169
>It has no outstanding flaws, high replay value and near perfect pacing.
You just described RE4.
>>
>>379724414
2 is a dumb linear action game in comparison
>>
>>379724295
>quick knife is maybe half a second faster than just holding the button to pull out knife and swinging
Nope. You can stand in the middle of multiple boxes and simple swing the wii mote and hit all targets within 2 seconds. It will take you 15 seconds to break 3 boxes when you have to reposition yourself three times, and aim 3 times. Theres only a few places in the game where you can break multiple things with one swing in one direction. As for attacking with quick knife, if you need it you're doing something wrong. Shoot leg or head, put on target on ground, pull out knife and kill ANY enemy within and few swings. It's op. It would take about 10 swings with quick knife.
>>
>>379724493
>no outstanding flaws
The island.
>>
File: Neptune_Attack_Jill.jpg (22KB, 418x316px) Image search: [Google]
Neptune_Attack_Jill.jpg
22KB, 418x316px
>>379725150
2 also doesn't have near as many interesting locales as REmake. In 2 you have the brief section in Raccoon City, the police station, the sewers and the lab.

Nothing comes close to the Aqua Ring in REmake.
>>
>>379725150
>2
>action
>linear
Kys
>>
>>379725310
RE2 has a good amount of action.
>>
>>379725297
>aqua ring
That is literally the most boring and pointless part in the first 4 games. Atmosphere is great, but then you're
>muh graphics
>>
>>379725310
You're swimming in ammo in 2 and the amount of sequence breaking and overall planning involved in exploration is fucking nothing compared to the first game and REmake. It's just a dumbed down action game all around.
>>
>>379725460
Name one single thing
>>
>>379725784
Shooting the explosive tank in the giant sewer croc's mouth to make it explode. Next.
>>
>>379725624
>Atmosphere is great, but
You say that like it's not an integral part of the series besides REmake has the mansion, the catacombs, the outside section, the laboratory and the residence.

The way these are all interconnected also makes the level design far more interesting on top of having more interesting locations to begin with. 2 is very linear in comparison to REmake, in REmake you can get the four death masks in a non linear fashion whereas in 2 I don't think you can do anything in a non linear order.
>>
>>379725765
Your right. Being a literal tank or bottomless inventory is much more difficult. And what's with this action meme?
>>
>>379726073
>Your right
>not acknowledging that you're wrong, just "moving goalposts"
Faggot.
>>
>>379725938
Shooting the flash grenade in the zombies mouth to make it explode. Next.
>>
>>379726073
Bottomless inventory? Wtf are you talking about. 2 has more inventory space, less puzzle items and is more linear so you won't pick up unnecessary items on your first run and don't have to plan your routes on subsequent playthroughs.
>>
>action
>doing something to kill something
>not action
>running from multiple bolders
Kys fgt
>>
>>379726539
>remake
>subsequent playthroughs
You mean the one single replay, unlike two's three different replays?
>>
>>379727097
lmao so you're a pleb who doesn't know what he's talking about, good to know
>>
>>379708068
2 is engaging and memorable the whole time and all-in-all a fantastic game, but hardly even scratches the surface of "survival horror" tension that the first game built.
>>
Jesus, you babies are assblasted. I get it, remake is great, fact. But two is better, fact. If two got a similar remake at the exact same time with the exact same technology, what would you say then?
>>
>>379727397
And the goal posts get wider...
>>
>>379727410
I'd still say the same thing because I like REmake for its top notch interconnected nonlinear design and emphasis on survival elements/planning that the sequels didn't have.
>>
>>379727410
Fuck off, nostalgia fag. REmake is the best. Get over it.
>>
>>379727253
K. Enjoy your single replay with Mr tank and Mrs carry every thing. Don't worry about being attacked either, your defense items will
>action
attack for you
>action
>>
>>379727831
>single replay
>multiple characters
>multiple difficulty modes that change the game significantly
>non linear design that's begging for repeated playthroughs
The game is built for repeated playthroughs, and not just because it has extra modes but the design of the game itself allows you to use knowledge of the mansion to come up with some very fun routes and vary up your playthroughs a lot.
>>
>>379703596
>Red 9 or Blacktail?
My sexy gunfu Red9.
>What's your favorite boss fight?
The Verdugo, it feels like the end of Jaws every time and the constant dodge QTE's are actually fun because it's in organic game play. Plus the Castle is my favorite part of the game.
>Your favorite quote?
"*tch* Women."
>Opinion on the TMP?
If you're using it as a primary weapon? Shit. But as a utility/space management/barrel breaker when the knife is too slow tool? It has no equal.
>>
>i wish two had more bolders and pointless lifeless sections of gameplay. If only claire and ada rushed in during the middle of boss fights or one of few dangerous situations to save my ass or instakill an entire boss fight without pushing a single button. That's real survival horror.
Fucking kill yourself you Fucking baby action faggots.
>>
>>379728119
Soo literally 2 but worse?
>>
people who voted RE4 don't like survival horror games
>>
>>379728450
Kek
>>
>>379728715
It's 2 except with actual planning and sequence breaking, so significantly better.
>>
>>379728758
I like survival horror games, but I like action games more desu
>>
>>379728758
>argument is about survival horror elitists, not what game is better
Stop
>>
>>379728817
There is no sequence breaking. You can't advance past certain areas and you will gain nothing but tI'm because you have to run back anyway.
>>
>>379728758
RE4 is a damn near perfect combination of action and survival horror. Try again, loser.
>>
>>379728758
>>
>>379728758
The best RE games are the ones that balanced action and horror. Like RE2's entire second half, RE3, RE4, CVX, and REvelations 1&2. The series was always meant to have some action in it. Just looking at the original FMV intro will tell you that.
>>
>>379729496
*time
>>
>>379729496
Shit like getting the shotgun at the start isn't "nothing"
>>
>>379703596
>Red9 or Blacktail
Red 9
>Favorite boss fight
U3, shit was intense
>Favorite Quote
"Monsters. Guess after this, there'll be one less to worry about."
>Thoughts on the TMP
Useful as fuck, but it didn't feel satisfying.
>>
>>379729896
Anon, that's not sequence breaking
>>
>>379729896
>start game
>choose left or right
>walk in room
>do nothing because "muh cutscenes"
>sequence breaking
>>
>>379731219
I'd say it is, just not the glitch/exploit kind. Either way call it whatever you want, the later games don't have it and that kind of open ended design is the appeal of RE1 and the remake.
>>
>>379729539
Where's the survival horror? Messing about with the Tetris inventory every now and then?
>>
>>379731584
Sequence breaking would be going somewhere or doing something or killing something that should be impossible but the game creators left the option open like killing nemesis the first time you see him. Walking into one of the first few rooms is not sequence breaking, having barry kill a boss for you is not sequence breaking, making v jolt is not sequence breaking. The game intended for you to do that.
>>
>>379732193
If you don't buy first aid sprays, the game is actually pretty good about giving out health items.
>>
>>379735075
Try not playing as the girl some time and you won't have a man saving you, you gigantic homo
>>
>>379735717
It's pretty much programmed in a way where you will never run out of health or ammo, even if you're deliberately playing in a sloppy way.
>>
>>379737124
Jill's campaign is the better of the two desu, since it has more puzzles and doesn't encourage direct encounters with the enemies.
>>
>>379696446

Is it true every version after the GC version has fewer enemies on the map? I know the PS2 version did because it couldn't handle more, as well as some guns being buffed. But did that stick for every other version?
>>
>>379742040
More puzzles? What even changes?

-You can completely bypass old key doors
-You can play the piano yourself instead of waiting for rebecca
If anything its easier?

Doesn't encourage direct encounters? Its the only one of the two where you can use the grenade launcher?
>>
File: 0427c.jpg (53KB, 598x445px) Image search: [Google]
0427c.jpg
53KB, 598x445px
>>379745897
Jill has less health and doesn't get headshots as frequently as Chris does, Chris also can't make V-Jolt meaning you have to actually fight the plant yourself.
In terms of being a survival horror game, Jill's campaign is much better.
>>
>>379747597
I made V-Jolt as Chris. I always do for my knife only games.
>>
>>379707907
First two-thirds of the game are great, the final third is tedious and disappointing. The main game is also too short.

Overall, definitely worth playing.
If you're on PC you'll need more than 4GB of RAM or you'll run out of memory and get crashes.
>>
>>379737124
I've played both games dozens of times faggot. I already know you are wrong and a piece of shit.
>>
>>379737880
Just like every RE game faggot. Why do you guys keep trying to convince people that if you aren't completely terrible at the game you will have bare bones for health and ammo. You'll have more health and ammo than you could ever need in every game on hard mode.
>>
File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21KB, 295x336px) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21KB, 295x336px
Has anyone here played The Evil Within, how is it compared to RE4?
>>
>>379747597
What is this shit?
Get free shotgun two minutes in
>survival horror
Get free ammo
>survival horror
Get GL ten minutes in
>survival horror
Can carry shotgun, GL, health spray, ammo, keys, and still pick up shit
>survival horror
>>
>>379751237
>Just like every RE game faggot
No you retarded cunt, the other RE games don't drop ammo and herbs when you kill enemies if your inventory happens to be looking a bit barren
>>
>>379754000
No they dont, they fucking give them to you for free. Next.
>>
>>379696446
Either REmake or 4. Its like choosing between Alien and Aliens.
>>
>>379754276
They have a set amount of them, most of which are optional and have to be tracked down on your own. RE4 just gives you them as soon as you run low on any resource because it's not a survival horror game in any way
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.