[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All fan service aside why is this game so disliked by the FGC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
All fan service aside why is this game so disliked by the FGC? It's not even in EVO etc.

I think at high skill level this game is both fun to play and watch
>>
3D fighters are a joke.

DoA 5 is good for dick health tho, Marie Rose is a Goddess.
>>
>>379696163
>3D fighters are a joke.

Tekken
Soul Caliber
>>
>>379696341
?
Both shit games.
>>
the game's old.
>>
>>379696760
Even then. Most of the time when I see people taking about it they just act like it's a joke regardless of age
>>
>>379696649
>I am /v/ and I am legitimately a mental midget when it comes to talking about fighting games please rape my face
>>
>>379695609
EVO is not a measurement of quality. DOA is mostly hated by people that haven't played it since 2/3.
>>
It used to be on fucking TV it just sorta died.
>>
I'm pretty sure it has it's own major like skullgirls
>>
>>379697437
>skullgirls

That game never had much respect though. Having your own major is like not being allowed at the school table so you make your own
>>
File: wife.jpg (341KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wife.jpg
341KB, 1080x1920px
Can't handle my wife.
>>
>>379697585
At least you don't have to share a room with smash autists.
>>
>>379696341
>Soul Caliber
Never heard of it.
>>
>>379697698
Ah yes the fighting game for people who don't know how to play fighting games
>>
>>379695609
>why is this game so disliked by the FGC

but that is the reason. half the swimsuits is banned in europe tournament play.
>>
>>379698168
last I head about it it was an optional thing for each tournament based on whether or not they the host wanted to enforce it
>>
>>379696341
>Tekken
>>
>>379697698

That is the main difference there at least.

Most other niche games, if they don't get a seat, their fans bitch a little and then go on with their lives.

Smashfags just flip the fuck out like football hooligans.
>>
>>379698168
It should be default outfits only I mean some of the outfits in tekken at tournies get obnoxious
>>
>>379698975
I don't mind outfits they show a players personality and when they're so difference in ults like SF some fighting styles and games and feel too similar and boring
>>
It actually still has a comp scene and most fighting gamers will grudgingly acknowledge it is actually pretty good. It has a bad rep because the series is so well known for the fan service that people think the game isn't good PR (yes, I realise that is insane). Even comps for it still ban certain costumes out of fear of getting media backlash. A lot of fighting gamers are kind of looking for some holy grail game which will get fighters taken seriously as esport (hence STV focus) and see DOA as detrimental to the cause.
>>
Because its meta is almost as shallow as SFV. Its entirely guess based up close and its not all that fun either way. SFV belongs nowhere near main stage game quality wise but its stupid name sake keeps it there.
>>
>>379695609
blame the cucks at freestepdodge and their aversion to skimpy costumes. TN should have had more sense than thinking those fags have some clout within the FGC.
>>
>>379699447
The game is based on counters... there's little footises in DOA
>>
>>379696163
At first I thought you were a troll. Then I thought about it and nearly agree with you entirely with the only exception being Melee because it's not trying to be a legit fighter and is just a party game.

2D fighting games are where it's at.

>inb4 people bitch in denial that melee isn't a party game
>>
>>379699850
Melee is a party game the only people who would agree with you are people who suck at fighting games
>>
>>379699997
>99997
Does it hurt?
>>
>>379699346
This. I know there was a pretty moderately sized tournament in the states a year or two back, but know one knew until after the fact. The game doesn't get a whole lot of coverage.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.