[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is bad. And no, I don't mean, that I dislike this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 548
Thread images: 71

File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1MB, 1920x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1MB, 1920x1230px
This game is bad.
And no, I don't mean, that I dislike this game. It is completely objective opinion, that this game is full of badly executed ideas.
We can shitpost gamess like Bloodborne, New Zelda or others to the end of the day, but they are at least made competently.

I won't even talk about shit story and focus on the worst gameplay aspects.
First thing first, the gameplay is just broken. You can't die. Actually, getting killed is one of the hardest thing to achieve in this game, which itself says, how fucked up this gameplay is.
The damage control in this aspect is
>just don't spam items you casual!
and it's a flawed way of thinking in the line of
>just gimp yourself and the game will be challenging

You can expect, that the full game will be ballanced and this game just throws elixirs at you when they could be rare (like soma in Persona 5) or when they could give you CD for using items (like Tales of games for example). No excuse for this shit.

Also combat just feels bad. Imput lag is high, animations are floaty, game is balanced around you holding the button, and just pushing it feels bad - you never feel, that your character respond in the same moment, that you push the button, what is standard for good action games that should make you feel, that you are in charge of your character. Here it feels, like you are giving commands that your character will make after all floaty animations that he is in the middle right now.
>>
sorry about your shit taste m8

>n, that this game is full of badly executed ideas.
>e can shitpost gamess like Bloodborne, New Zelda or others to the end of th

WOW lol, yeah sorry about your shit taste
>>
Blame FF12. That's when this series turned super-niche with all the dumb laggy inputs.

I remember back in the day when Final Fantasy was general audience. You didn't even have to read reviews before buying it.
>>
>>379691916
good arguments mate
>>
I really didn't think they could make a worse FF than XIII. Then XV came out. complete garbage. the only good thing about the game was Cidney.
>>
>>379691916
> retard detected

bloodborne and BoTW shit on FFXV and it's not even close
>>
>objective
>opinion
>>
>>379691825
>completely objective opinion
The ultimate oxymoron
>>
>>379691825
>This game is bad.

Stopped reading there Shitposter-kun.
>>
We all know it's bad. No need to state the obvious.
>>
>>379691825
No the game is great. It is is great, the game is full of well executed ideas. Only objective thing here is that you're a dipshit trying to force your shitty opinion as fact while you are talking out of your ass.

> the gameplay is just broken. You can't die.
No it isn't an you can die. Stop lying.

So you are lying that you can't somehow die in the game, just because you spam items to prevent death?

>that the full game will be ballanced and this game just throws elixirs at you when they could be rare
But elixirs in XV are the only way to refill to max HP during battle, because you have 2 HP bars in XV where one is your current HP and the other is your max HP. Daemons all damage you on your max HP so unless you have elixirs against them you are fucked. You would literally be crying like a little bitch if you didn't have elixers to heal with because using a potion only fills your current HP up to what your max HP is, it doesn't refill your max HP up back to full, only Elixirs can do that which is why they are more common in XV than in other FFs.

The combat feels great, there is no input lag, the animation are smooth, responsive and fluid, the game isn't balanced around holding anything. You can tap to attack and get manual finishers from doing it, you also have directional inputs and aerial combat, hit recoveries, aerial dodge, you can tap to dodge roll or block, you tap to warp and warp strike, you tap to switch weapons, you tap to jump, etc.

Holding is never required and all it does is repeat the input when you hold attack for the duration you hold it, and all holding block does is put you in an evasive stance that consumes MP, you are better off using dodge rolls which has animation cancels or using shields for blocks which can stagger enemies and make them vulnerable.

I mean it's OK that you are an idiot but at least put some effort into your shitpost.

>>379692095
>>379692972
Trying too hard there.
>>
I agree OP this is probably one of the worst games I have ever played, the only redeeming qualities I can think of was the OST and the photo taking.
>>
>>379693186
>Trying too hard there
irony
>>
>>379693195
>>379693214
Resetting your IP again huh?
>>
>>379691825
>abloo bloo its bad bcuz u can heal
No.
>>
Blame FFXIV for draining all of the company's resources
>>
>>379693186
>XV-kun is still sperging about this shit game
>>
>>379693391
>bcuz u can heal
Because you can heal forever and there's no risk of possibly dying, even when you're dead
>>
I think my biggest gripe is most of the main plot points and story happen off screen. Like who the fuck thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>379693186
>the game is great
>*gets forgotten one week after release*
really makes me think
>>
>>379694431
then why does this thread exist lol
>>
>>379694061
>Shitposter sperging out because he got BTFO and he desperately reset his IP again.

>>379694187
>Lying again
Fact 1: You can die
Fact 2: The only way to prevent death is with items or avoid damage all together.
Fact 3: If you have no items you can't heal
Fact 4: If you hit 0HP and have no phoenix downs you will get a game over.
Stop desperately lying about you somehow not being able to die just because you can heal.
>>379694431
>Still trying to push this narrative
>After countless people constantly begging SE to add new stuff to the game and SE adding new stuff to the game because fans want more
Man you're fucking desperate.
>>
>>379691825
there's actually a term to describe this already, "scrubs"

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

although it's usually used for competitive games, adding in artificial difficulty/rules onto yourself in a single player game to make it "good" is almost exactly the same concept
>>
>>379694187
There is risk.

>>379694431
>He says while in a FFXV thread months after release.
>>
>>379691825
I liked the game until it shat itself in chapter 9
>>
>>379691825
>First thing first, the gameplay is just broken. You can't die. Actually, getting killed is one of the hardest thing to achieve in this game,
Hilariously, the only time I ever died (on normal mode, didn't play on easy) was when I was acclimating to the Regalia-F landing controls and killed everyone inside the car.

It doesn't really speak well of the game. Either the learning curve was far too generous or I'm good at action/RPG hybrids. It's probably the former because I don't really play action RPGs that often.
>>
>>379694814
>you can heal with potions
>if you die, you have second hp bar
>party members can revive you then
>you can heal with items too
>if you somehow avoid getting healed you can still ressurect yourself with pheonix down

yup, perfectly fine
i still have to hear from someone who actually saw the game over screen before crashing regalia into the ground
>>
>>379691825
>objective
>opinion
pick one
>>
File: cockatrice_render.png (202KB, 440x498px) Image search: [Google]
cockatrice_render.png
202KB, 440x498px
>>379693835
>game in development for 10 years
>not a drain on resources
Both Nomura and Tabata should be fired from Square Enix. FF12 took like 6 years and Matsuno was fired for it.

FFXV's development cycle was unforgivable, even considering it was an entirely different game for its first 4-5 years of existence.
>>
>>379694982
All they need to do in a hard mode is put a hard cap on how many healing items you can carry.

>>379695040
Yeah and?

First of all you die only when your second HP is fully depleted because that is your actual max HP, using a potion only restores your current HP to whatever your max HP is.

Your party members can die, what's your point?

You are literally complaining that you can use healing items in a game to prevent death.

Never mind that the only two modes in the game currently are easy or normal. Hard mode isn't in the game yet.
>>
>>379695181
>All they need to do in a hard mode is put a hard cap on how many healing items you can carry.
should have shipped with it then, that's their fault. I'm not playing another 70+ hour JRPG until it's been a decade and I've forgotten the story.
>>
>>379695136
Tabata only took 3 years on XV and made it profitable and SE is now currently in the best financial state they've ever been in.

The problems with XVs developement were only back when it was Versus when Nomura was in charge, everything went on track once Tabata came onboard and saved the game once they actually started making it properly.
>>
>>379695219
I don't care if you're going to play it again or not, but acting like when they do put those updates in would mean that your complaints would fall to the wayside since they would have been addressed.
>>
Who is more of a cuck, Anthony Hurch or XV-kun?
Or are they, actually, in reality one and the same?
>>
>>379695369
You.
>>
>>379695251
It took them 10 years and the game was still shit mate.
>>
File: molyneux.jpg (74KB, 463x372px) Image search: [Google]
molyneux.jpg
74KB, 463x372px
>catch 3 red frogs
wow good gameplay
>turn them in
>catch 3 green frogs
great quest
>be told to find 5 bear traps
i'm astonished by the high quality of these quests. It's giving me the warm fuzzies i remember from Azeroth!

>but acting like when they do put those updates in
>would would would
why should anyone give a shit about "would" and "will"? pic related
>>
>>379695181
>defending a game created by developers so lazy they didn't even add a hard mode at launch
lol, what a cuck
>>
File: molyneux 2.jpg (38KB, 425x489px) Image search: [Google]
molyneux 2.jpg
38KB, 425x489px
>>379695476
>>379695346
>>
>>379695418
No it did not and no it wasn't. FFXV wasn't in development for 10 years, it was only in development for 3 with the current dev team, engine and budget for the final game. Versus was just announced as a project they wanted to do 10 years prior but that never got properyl started and was nothing but a bunch of vague concepts.

By your logic Nioh and Mother 3 were in development for 12 years because they were announed 12 years before they came out. That isn't how development works. Just because you announce something a long time ago doesn't mean it's being worked on full time the whole time.
>>
>>379695369
>waah someone defended the game proved me wrong so he's a cuck!?
>i-ill call him anthony burch?! t-that's gonna show him!
>>
>>379695476
FF15fags wil defend this.
>>
>>379695515
Where's BOTWs hard mode?
>>
>>379695515
>>379695536
>B-but these random sidequests is somehow the same as the other sidequests where you go through unknown dungeons to fight the boss at the end and find all kinds of loot and rare weapons in them!?
>B-but the on tour quests are somehow the same as catch frog quests!?
No, but hey you have to cherrypick so you can spout your bullshit because you know you're full of shit.

And everyone is asking for things like hardmode and updates which is why they are putting them in, so the question is why are you acting like they don't count? Mad that your little shitposts are going to be objectively invalid soon?

>>379695515
>it's lazy if you don't put a hard mode in
Man this is just reaching.
>>
>>379695715
See >>379695814
And stay BTFO
>>
>>379695715
Defend what? More like you're going to desperately reset your IP and act like retrarded shitposts are somehow accurate when they are deliberately misleading and full of shit because they can't think of an actual valid argument to make.
>>
>>379695476
So it's OK for FF9 to have a frog catching sidequest but not for FFXV to do the same?
>>
>>379695782
missing because it's a shit game
>>379695814
>Man this is just reaching.
you must be a hell of a cuck to defend a game that came out in 2017 and lacks a basic feature most games have launched with for the past 20-30 years
>>
>>379695947
the difference there was you actually got something worthwhile in IX for catching frogs.
>>
is there a plinkett pasta for ffxv?
>>
File: 1496979749702.jpg (147KB, 1080x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1496979749702.jpg
147KB, 1080x1085px
somehow this garbage game has an 81/100 on metacritic. Reviews these days are so absolutely pointless and misleading is just better to ignore them.
>>
>>379696010
>b-but that's different!?
No it's the same thing
>>
>>379696151
>Reviews these days
Try over a decade back.
>>
>>379695989
Oh so you're just shitposting.

Where are the hardmodes in FF1-14?

>>379696010
You mean some common items and basic stuff?
>>
Someone have this Tabata statement after changed heart?
>>
>>379696203
The fetch quest in XV could have been anything and it would have been bad. You're reaching.
>>
>objective opinion
You fucked up three sentences in.
>>
>>379695603
>it was only in development for 3 with the current dev team, engine and budget for the final game. Versus was just announced as a project they wanted to do 10 years prior but that never got properyl started and was nothing but a bunch of vague concepts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Final_Fantasy_XV

>From 2006 to 2013, XV was developed by what was then Square Enix 1st Production Department.

>http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/se-business-divisions-ff16-ito-debate-goes-here-nowhere-else.2927/

I presume that the wiki article meant Department No. 2 under 1st Production, and Versus' dev cycle was 2006-2013, so we're looking at games released under #2 from that time period. Crisis Core was just wrapped up, so that leaves just the 3rd Birthday and Type-0. 3rd Birthday is a PSP game so the production cost is low (compared to a console or PC game), so effectively we can ignore that. Type-0 originally began as a fucking mobile game, but got rebranded into a PSP game, so again, development costs and attention were quite low. This means that, so long as 1st Production Department #2 was really the only department involved in Versus, it had the entire undivided attention (minus 2 PSP games) of that staff for 7 years.

That's quite unacceptable, honestly.

Further on the wiki seems to prove my fears:

>By June 2011, the game was reportedly still only in the pre-production phase.[28] Full production on Versus XIII began in September of that year, and it was apparently planned for release in late 2014.[29][30] According to later staff, Versus XIII was only 20-25% complete when the change of name and platform took place, with Tabata saying that the game "never really took shape".[31][32] According to staff, when Tabata arrived the production team were "exhausted and fretful".[25]

Normally there aren't a lot of people involved in preproduction. The fact that Division#2's staff was getting "exhausted" is really telling of Nomura's management.
>>
>>379696151
Yeah, because the game is easily a 9/10.
>>
>>379696312
You're reaching and in denial while lying.
>>
>>379696279
>Where are the hardmodes in FF1-14?
Don't need them because, for the most part, they're well-balanced. I can think of multiple times I've been given a game over and forced to learn in those games.

Whereas in FFXV I did not die once, outside of my crash in the Regalia-F. FFXV is so easy, it's like playing some sort of 90s cheat-godmode game with infinite HP enabled.
>>
>>379696464
I'm not defending the XV fetchquests at all. What's your argument?
>>
>>379691825
>It is completely objective opinion
Nah, it's just a bad game, m8.
>>
>>379696512
>ff
>hard
>ever
>>
>>379693186
You're being ridiculous. You *can* die, but it's virtually impossible to do so, since every time you come close the game pauses and essentially asks "Do you want to die? Y N"

Items are completely broken in FFXV, and the only reason they are that way is because even the dev team lacked faith that the combat was good enough to allow the player to avoid damage through skill.
>>
>>379696279
>Where are the hardmodes in FF1-14?
included with the games, why do you ask?
>inb4 b-b-but FF1 didn't have a hard mode!!
its also 28 years old, nice to see the series isn't progressing at all
>>
>>379696583
items have been "broken" in every ff
>>
>>379695181
>game is fundamentally unbalanced at launch
>b-but it'll be good when they add hard mode a year later
Get fucked Toriyama apologist.
>>
>>379696570
>spend your whole turn using a potion
>can't attack since it's an opportunity cost

>press R2 and spam as many potions as you have in your inventory in real time
>barely any opportunity cost, just spam2win

why yes, the first one makes it more difficult
i'm not surprised that kingdom hearts babbies and other assorted action game retards can't handle resource management though
>>
>>379691825
great graphics, gameplay feels lackluster. disappointed
>>
>>379696638
not when you have to spend your entire turn to use them

the problem here is that FFXV is realtime and still treats items like they're turn-based in potency. and that's the fault of Square and its retarded staff.
>>
>>379696638
Only recent ones. In FFI, elixers, ethers, and phoenix downs didn't exist, so you had to actually manage resources before going into dungeons. In FFIII, there was a hard cap on the number of Phoenix Downs in the entire game; couldn't buy them, couldn't steal them. Even as late as FFV, Ethers and Phoenix Downs were fairly rare and relatively expensive to buy early-to-mid-game.

Granted, after FFV balance was never even a secondary concern for Square, but FFXV is by far the worst it's been since FFVIII.
>>
>>379696720
Even Kingdom Hearts has a decently long animation before items take effect, and you don't pause reality to use them. If you're on 1HP and you toss an elixir, you better be somewhere safe.
>>
>>379696394
Versus didn't even exist as a game in 2006, or 2007, or 2008, or 2009. It only had 3 CG animators who made 2 CG concept trailers in their spare time back in 2006 then in 2007, which they just kept showing in 2008 and 2009.

2010 is when they actually hired devs to make a prototype of Versus which only lasted a few months before FF14 tanked and the devs were pulled around SE into fixing FF14. They only had around 20 people on Versus at this point working on it for a few months, it went on hold at the end of 2010 and was on hold all over 2011 through to July2012.

Then in July 2012 they rebooted Versus into XV and gave it 200 devs, a full AAA budget and a new engine as well as Tabata joining as co-director. The game was at this point a restarted project, then in December 2013 Nomura was taken off the game and Tabata took over as director, from that point onwards is when it actually existed as a game with the current dev team and so on.

Type-0 budget was about as much as something like FF13-2 would have been, Type-0 is to date the biggest PSP game and used two UMDs.

1st department was KH devs for KH1/KH2 as well as BBS and DDD even though they were in Osaka, FF13 aka FF10 team, and PSP devs on CrisisCore, 3rd birthday and Type-0 as well as Dissidia. When Matsuda took over they restructured the entire company by the end of 2013, which is when Nomura left XV and Tabata took over, that is when the business divisions happened and the KH1/KH2 devs, Type-0 team as well as the Luminous engine staff were all put into Business Division 2, BD1 was the FF13 team, and BD3 was the BBS/DDD team.

Nomura is the one who fumbled it's development and never got started it earlier where he could have used the BBS devs to make Versus, but he didn't.

Tabata was busy with Type-0, CC and so before Versus became XV. Once he took over the production went full force

Roberto Ferrari who joined Versus in 2010 stated that there was only around 20 people attached to it prior to 2013.
>>
The only objectively shit thing here is your tenuous grasp of comma usage. Holy shit anon, take a community college course or something. While you're at it, google Oxymoron before you have another "completely objective opinion".
>>
>>379696512
I never got a game over in any FF because I just popped potions and phoenix downs in them.
>>
File: 1323141444171.jpg (407KB, 885x876px) Image search: [Google]
1323141444171.jpg
407KB, 885x876px
>>379691825
I want to lick his nose!
>>
>>379697062
brainlet
>>
>>379697020
I'm not reading your essays, anon. Condense, motherfucker.
>>
>>379696512
>I can think of multiple times I've been given a game over and forced to learn in those games.
Now, not to defend FFXV or XV-Kun, but you're pretty shit at videogames if you ever get a game over in a FF game, and claiming any FF is well balanced only makes it worse.
>>
>>379696583
>but it's virtually impossible to do so
No it is not, when you hit complete 0 Noctis will slump to the ground and after a few seconds it will be game over. You are only given a few seconds window to use a phoenix down if you have them.

And you are full of shit as you can avoid damage through regular combat by making use of shields, dodges, impervious hit counters, aerial dodges and just getting good and taking out enemies before they can amass serious damage to you. You can stop spouting your uninformed bullshit. By your logic items are broken in Nier automata because you can pause and heal whenever you want in that too.

>>379696625
So where is FFFF6's harmode? Where is FF7s hardmode? WHere is FF5s hardmode? FF8s hardmode? FF9s hardmode? Where is FF10s hardmode, where FF12s hardmode? Oh right.
>>
>>379696689
>toriyama
I didn't say anything about Toriyama you dumb fuck, but hey keep complaining about shit you have no idea about while talking out your ass.

>>379696720
But you have multiple avenues to attack so fuck off with this bullshit, you have 3/4/5 avenues to input commands in the turn based FFs, you always have more than enough turns to spare to dedicate even one just to healing, because you still have avenues to attack while no actual methods to avoid damage in those games, you have to always take hits regardless so you're always going to have to have at least one character who is the "healer" that you use to heal your party at regular intervals, trying to cling to the "b-but you have to use a whole turn" means nothing when that is the point and you have multiple turns.

In XV you can only use on item every R2 press and the fact that you need to even do it so much just shows how shit at the game you are too, because you have ways to avoid damage all together because it's fully real time and you can dodge roll and block attacks entirely, so anytime you get hit and knocked to 0 is entirely your fault, so whenever you use items to heal in XV all you are showing is how much you suck at the game because you couldn't get gud to avoid the damage altogether.
>>
>>379696810
>>379696883
See >>379697605
>>
>>379697291
A lot of the older games had difficulty spikes that caught you off guard if you didn't grind, the NES games especially. Some games, like FFVI or VII are brain-dead easy, but I remember FFIX and X having some tough bosses. It varies.

>>379697331
My bullshit is extremely informed, I beat the whole game and the Gladio DLC. And amusingly, the phoned in DLC was the most balanced portion of gameplay because they tightly controlled the number of items you had, and you actually had to manage them.

Saying the game isn't obscenely forgiving about death is ridiculous, there was never a portion of the entire main game where I didn't have 20+ phoenix downs, despite never spending a gil on recovery items. And it's not a challenge when you have a 5+ second window to enter the "pause the world and revive" menu.

Easy fix to make the game actually challenging and engaging: item screen no longer pauses the universe, like how it is in Kingdom Hearts. When you hit 0 HP, Noctis enters limp-y, second HP bar mode. You have to get to a safe place, use a recovery item (in real time) while enemies are still trying to attack you. You still have limited dodging options, but your second HP bar is slowly ticking down, and you can't attack. There, fixed.

>>379697605
>>379697670
The ultimate problem with the items in FFXV is that they're the path of least resistance. Nothing in the game encourages the player to do anything but mash attack, because it's the fastest way to get through combat, and the item system is so forgiving that you will never, ever be punished in any meaningful way for doing so. And regarding my comments here >>379696883 the fact remains that items in FFXV (and most post-FFV games) are just way too fucking common, and resource management hasn't been a part of the series for two decades despite it being a core element of the RPG genre.
>>
>>379697227
Versus didn't exist as a game until 2010, even then it only lasted a few months before going on hold.

In 2006 through 2009 only 3 CGI animators even made the CG concept trailers we saw and they had nothing to do with game development.

Versus rebooted in July 2012 to become XV and went through a reshuffling, getting 200 devs, budget and new engine, then in Dec 2013 Nomura was taken off and Tabata took over and it's been proper dev since that team onwards until it released.
>>
>>379696279
A superboss, Quale is fought after catching 99 frogs, also it powers up Frog Drop, which is almost mandatory to beat the superboss Ozma
>>
>>379697227
piss off, we're talking
>>379697020
>Versus didn't even exist as a game in 2006, or 2007, or 2008, or 2009.
Yes it did, that's the preproduction phase that was mentioned. Preproduction is when the bulk of the following is finished or decided upon: genre, primary mechanics, rough outline of the story, platform, main characters. Not all preproduction phases are the same of course, but the idea is that you want to have as many of the important bits designed so that the actual production crew (programmers, artists, etc.) have a clear vision of the game.

2006-2011 was on-off preproduction according to wiki, which is honestly quite long. We'd have to see what Nomura was doing during that period too, since he's the primary man for preproduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura#Works

World Ends With You was pretty serious for a handheld game (similar to Type-0), he held 2 roles for it too, although minor ones. The rest are Crisis Core, KH:coded, Dissidia, KH 358/2, FF13, KH BbS, KH re:coded, 3rd Birthday, and then finally we hit FF Versus's production phase in 2011. I'm not much of a Nomura fan so I don't know how expansive any of those KH games are, but he is listed as director for about half of them (a serious role), producer for the other half (less serious, more about budgeting and scheduling), and then character designer and artist scattered around the rest (fairly serious, but not as stressful as directing a game). Except for being lead character designer for FF13, pretty much all of these are PSP or DS games from 2006-2011.

>Nomura is the one who fumbled it's development and never got started it earlier where he could have used the BBS devs to make Versus

I do think Nomura is more to blame for FFXV's quality issues, yet looking at the amount of games he personally (not Division #2, but just him) was involved in seems to me that either Square Enix was spreading him thin or he was himself. And I hate the man, so this isn't bias.
>>
>>379697970
>Frog Drop, which is almost mandatory to beat the superboss Ozma
Nigger, WHAT are you talking about?
>>
>>379696010
>ribbon
>not useful

K m8. g8 b8.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2es2vrYlG7U

>SQUARE ENIX THANKS TUMBLR COMMUNITY

Thankyou Tabata
>>
>>379697605
>so whenever you use items to heal in XV all you are showing is how much you suck at the game
then ship the game without potions

you're arguing circles around yourself trying to defend a game that simply isn't difficult
>>
>>379695947
In fairness, every single sidequest and minigame in FFIX is total ass, aside from possibly Mognet.
>>
>>379691825

Nail on the head OP, if anyone disputes this they are legitimately retarded.

That said it's still possible to somewhat enjoy it for one playthrough, just to see the sights. Also the platforming dungeon was fun, definitely the best part of the game... despite the actual platforming being shitty. At least you could actually fail in there, unlike the main game.
>>
>>379697902
First of all you're wrong because you are encouraged to use all your methods of attack to deal with enemies quicker, mashing attack until you get knocked to 0HP then spam an item to recover is the slowest method of dealing damage and getting through a fight, because you have more downtime and you aren't dealing damage in an efficient manner and you are taking too much damage. Where you are far better off using a variety of combo, warpstrikes, weapon switches, magic, party techs, and making proper use of dodge rolls, impervious and shields.

Second of all nothing in Ep Gladio was phoned in, and that just goes back to my prior point about the complaint you dipshits have just being because you get to carry a lot of items. That means fuck all and you are ignoring the actual subject here because you want to desperately defend your bullshit that you can somehow mash O and just spam items being the fastest way to get through battles (it's not even remotely).
>>
>>379695947
Yes.

FFXV
>wander around a blue circle listening for ribbits, do this for 2 quests (~6 frogs)

FFIX
>give Quina Frog Drop blue magic
>power up Frog Drop
>fight a fairly difficult optional boss Quale
>be rewarded the following linear rewards based on frog #: ore, ether, silk rope, elixir, silver fork, bistro fork, battle boots, gastro fork

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the latter is much more fun, and the former is just a glorified un-fun MMORPG fetch quest
>>
Isnt it a driving simulator?
>>
File: 1497095169896.png (1004KB, 1043x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1497095169896.png
1004KB, 1043x1037px
FFXV "bosses"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU
>>
>>379698364
>Where you are far better off using a variety of combo, warpstrikes, weapon switches, magic, party techs, and making proper use of dodge rolls, impervious and shields.
You actually believe this?

>Second of all nothing in Ep Gladio was phoned in
I mean, the story bits and the music were surprisingly good, and the gameplay was much less floaty and imprecise as playing as Noctis, but there was only one extremely linear location and a ton of reused assets. It felt like a level plucked right out of FFXIII.
>>
>>379698481
Not really, the driving is on rails when you decide
to do it manually
>>
>>379698068
No it didn't. No game existed in 2006, there was nothing but the CGI concept teasers by 3 visual works CGI animators who made a CGI trailer in 2006 and some additioanl scenes in 2007, then they just kept reshowing those in 2008 and 2009.

There was some basic concepts written down on paper and done by a handful of people, but it still didn't exist as a game. It was just a concept, Versus didn't exist as an actual game until 2010 at the earliest because that is when it actually had coders, environments, combat and others in a functioning format.

Things like all the characters and base story only came to a proper point in 2010 too. Having some vague ideas with some character names and designs doesn't mean fucking anything, by this logic it took over 40 years for Disney to make Tangled because Walt Disney had concepts for the movie long before he died.

>wiki
Stop. Actually do some research and get informed. Wiki leaves out a bunch of things.

There was no dedicated budget, not AAA production team, they didn't even have an engine in 2006. It was just announced and they showed a 1 minute CGI concept teaser made by 3 of the CGI visual works staff (who have nothing to do with game development) make a CGI concept teaser they quickly threw together.

Nomura was creative producer on Crisis Core, 3rd Birthday, TWEWY, Type-0 and Dissidia/ character designer on those, meaning his jobs involved designing characters and just telling the people making the game how they should look in 3D. While he started a new project BBS in 2007, a year after Versus was announced and he had a full development staff on BBS.

This is all the while FF13 was in full AAA production, now instead of making Versus, he was busy on all those other games. Versus never existed as a game prior to 2010 after 13 came out.

Even ignoring the engine issue, he had staff working on KH spinoffs instead of making Versus. 200 dev team, proper engine and budget only came once Versus became XV.
>>
>>379696512
You can't die in FF1-14 by your logic.
>>
>>379698481
In that it simulates being in the passenger seat and having no control over the car in any way whatsoever, yes.
>>
>>379698118
Uh what's wrong? People who use tumble made up a thank you card and sent it to them, and they are thanking them. How is that any different than when /v/ sends thank you cards to Nintendo?
>>
File: 1495925120930.png (497KB, 594x598px) Image search: [Google]
1495925120930.png
497KB, 594x598px
>>379698118
>trying this hard to start a shitstorm
>>
>>379697020
>Roberto Ferrari who joined Versus in 2010 stated that there was only around 20 people attached to it prior to 2013.
He said there were 200 people that were chopped down to 20 people before tabata's team came in
>>
>>379698163
Why would they do that? You're just trying to argue that you somehow aren't casual because you took the cheap way and longer way out of getting through battles.
>>
>>379693186

Oh god not this fucking guy again

I'm outta here
>>
>>379698458
You just described two things that do the same thing, you get rewards for finding the frogs too bud you're just gonna ignore that.
>>
>>379698914
A game that is going through preproduction is still a game, I have no clue why you think so otherwise. It's one of the leanest phases of development, but it still needs
>a producer
>a director
>designers
and ideally it would involve the future
>lead artist
>lead composer
so that they're integrated into the creative concept and not blindsided when the game enters production. These aren't cheap people either, game developers generally only allow senior experienced and well-season developers become directors or leads (unless you're Firaxis and put green retards on Civilization 5 and Beyond Earth).

I can only shudder at imagining how much they pay Nomura, Yoshi-P, and Tabata per year compared to the average programmer or artist grunt.
>>
i cant believe i still dont have this game yet.i thought it was fun from what I played. but i am not too harsh on most games i play
>>
File: 1490116467408.webm (3MB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490116467408.webm
3MB, 960x1080px
>>379698535
Hey look SBK91 is here.
>>
File: Bored-Baby-1284.jpg (35KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
Bored-Baby-1284.jpg
35KB, 500x554px
>>379698535
What the fuck? I'm glad I stopped caring about FF after 13 came out. This is a joke.
>>
>>379698782
>>379698968
Offroad driving is coming in an update at the end of this month and you can already go offroad with chocobos, nice meme post though.
>>
>>379699339
Is this game a fucking early access or what
>>
>>379698956
>logic
don't need logic, they're far more balanced than FFXV

>potions in the typical FF game have flat values instead of percentages, so a lowly Potion that costs 50g and heals 20 HP will be useless late-game (why spend a full turn on getting 20 HP back?)
>economy is scaled around healing items, allowing for tine-tuned balance
>hi-potions cost more but heal more, mega-potions cost more but heal more, etc.
>the end effect is that there's a healing economy plugged into the general economy

now for FFXV?
>potions heal a percentage, not a flat value
>stock up on 99 50g potions that heal 50% of your HP cheaply
>stock up on 99 100g (? if I remember correctly it's around there) potions that heal your HP to maximum
>cheese everything because hunts shit out gil for every little effort

FFXV is simply a badly balanced game, even a novice game designer could tell you
>>
>>379699339
Holy shit, are you still here?
>game is shit at launch
>b-b-b-b-b-b-but a year later it'll be good
Every fucking time.
>>
>>379698731
>You actually believe this?
You actually think that isn't true?

Dealing combos, magic and switching around as well as party techs and armiger deals far more damage than only just doing an attack string until you get hit then have to heal, forcing you into downtime. You can avoid downtime entirely by making use of shields, impervious recovies and dodges.

Also all of the environment assets seen in ep Gladio was made from scratch within a few months, and the main point of it was fighting Gilgamesh and Cor which alone are some of the best fights in FF. Second of all I don't think you even remember what dungeons in older FFs even looked like.
>>
>>379699103
>play the game according to its rules
>casual

that actually makes the game casual, just like comparing tee-ball to baseball. if you want to play a non-casual game go play one with a more stringent and tighter ruleset that actually has failstates (unlike FFXV)
>>
>>379699237
>You just described two things that do the same thing
congrats but apparently you can't read
FFXV only does one of those 4 things, the item reward. Qu Marsh is simply a better designed minigame, one that doesn't reek of MMO design philosophy
>>
>>379699279
>but i am not too harsh on most games i play
this series comes with 14+ previous titles of baggage, so the anger factor is multiplied a hundredfold
>>
File: 1497097591156.png (133KB, 249x316px) Image search: [Google]
1497097591156.png
133KB, 249x316px
FFXV
E3 2013 Trailer,

"I can't stay any longer" said Nomura through Stella, "My heart won't let go" said Noctis who represents the player, us. "Don't worry about me (Versus XIII, Nomura). Live your own life".
"The world we purport to know is ever changing ending as we speak. So it is and must be for all existence." (Versus XIII is ending) And at the end : "you want the truth ? it's complicated".

E3 2013 Trailer has been a goodbye from Nomura you fucking faggots, we didn't deserve his Final Fantasy. Fuck.
>>
>>379699497
>fighting Gilgamesh and Cor which alone are some of the best fights in FF.
Not a high bar, but I will grant you that the Gilgamesh fight was pretty nice. The actual dungeon of the episode was pretty bad, though. It felt like I was walking through the same bits over and over.
>>
>>379699705
hope he kills himself
>>
>>379699704
what do you mean
>>
>>379699093
No he said that there was 20 people and that it grew to 200 people when Tabata joined, and Tabata has also stated himself that they had 200 people when they rebooted the game to XV and that they eventually expanded to 300-400 staff by 2015-2016 including external contractors from XPEC and others.

There somehow being 200 devs on Versus and 20 on XV makes literally no sense on any level, because Versus had barely any staff attached to it, meanwhile in 2012 they moved the 20 or so Versus staff, the Type-0 team which you can see is well over 100 people and the Luminous engine staff into one team to form the FFXV team which is how they got the 200 devs.
>>
>>379699778
people who liked FF5 want all future games to be like it, so they have pre-baked expectations
people who liked FF7, same deal
people who liked FF12, same deal

it's a giant vortex of expectations that cause people to be severely critical about every new FF and burn it with the power of a thousand suns in a way that a new intellectual property doesn't usually get scorched
>>
>>379699815
>No he said that there was
>Then from 2010 till the end of 2011 I worked on the designs I got assigned with, without any big issues. That’s why when the team got resized from 200 workers to around 20 in 2012 (right before the arrival of Tabata and the Type-0 team), I was still there and worked with the newcomers till 2013.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/artist-roberto-ferrari-speaks-designs-final-fantasy-xv/
Unless you would like to disprove this, you are incorrect my man
>>
>>379699257
First of all, no. It was not in actual development the entire time, you are seriously trying to act as if they had one budget, one dev team and one engine the entire time which is not even remotely true.

The budget for FFXV as the final game exists only came in 2012, the engine and staff only came in 2012.

There being some vague concepts and shit before that means nothing, again by your logic you think Mother 3 and Nioh were in active full development for 12 years just because they were announced 12 years before they came out.

Again in 2006 Versus was not a game, it was a concept, it was only a CGI concept teaser showing IDEAS for something they want to make a game of. It didn't become a game until 2010 at the earliest.

Nomura even said in an interview in 2011 that Versus hadn't yet entered full development yet, and we know for a fact that it didn't and that Versus was on hold for a number of years, and that it rebooted in 2012 to become XV, which even though it uses ideas and concepts from Versus, it was a new project with a new team and new engine and an actual AAA budget only then onwards.
>>
It's really not even fit to judge, it's not finished. They could patch and patch and rush DLC onto the market for years and this still wouldn't be a complete game.

Nomura wanted to spend 20 years building his magnum opus because he's an artist and both has no concept of money, and no concept of software development.
>>
>>379699448
No because you can already go offroad with chocobos, and cars are a means of point A to B travel in the game, they are just adding an offroad driving part to it now.

>>379699490
>g-g-game is shit because of Y
>No it isn't and they are amending Y and making it better now
>T-THAT DOESN'T COUNT
>>
>>379700101
>Versus hadn't yet entered full development yet
Kitase said a month or two after that interview that the game had entered full development
>>
>>379699815
http://wccftech.com/ffxv-designer-team-disorganized/

>They’re highly disorganized. Our staff (200 suffering souls) had to work on FFXV while the story still had to be finalized. In 2013, the damn story changed every three months or so and the game’s release date had been scheduled for December 2014.
>>
>>379700209
>No it isn't
Yes it is.
>they are amending Y and making it better now
Half a year after launch, when nobody gives a shit anymore.
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV 20161204.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV 20161204.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Can we stop pretending XV sucks? It's the best FF yet and the best ARPG of all time.
>>
>>379699889
thats why i said i'm never too harsh on games. i can enjoy every final fantasy and i accept that they are all different. and same with other games. if i dont like a game, im just not into it. but i have played some that i think are pretty bad like fallout 1 and games i just cant get into like no mans sky.

to me, its weird that most people on here only enjoy specific final fantasies.
>>
>>379700101
>again by your logic you think Mother 3 and Nioh were in active full development for 12 years just because they were announced 12 years before they came out.
yes that's actually how it is

if you chop one single chop of an axe into a tree a day for 8 years straight, you took 8 years to chop a tree

if you chop twice as much and do it in 4, it took you 4 years to do it

how much effort you spend per day doesn't matter, because the customer expects a fresh log ASAP.
>>
>>379700341
FFXV-kun, I... think you need better taste in games
>>
File: molyneux aliens.png (308KB, 863x710px) Image search: [Google]
molyneux aliens.png
308KB, 863x710px
>>379700186
>It's really not even fit to judge
I start judging games the moment they're sold, whether it's early access or a """finished""" release, personally

>Nomura wanted to spend 20 years building his magnum opus because he's an artist and both has no concept of money
It's always easy to spend other people's money (and reputation)...
>>
>>379699486
No they aren't. See >>379697605

In the turn based FFs you don't move around in real time so you have no way of avoid damage, so you have to tank hits, so you would always have a dedicated healer on one of your multiple turns to negate the fact that you have to tank hits regardless.

In XV you can avoid enemies attacks through dodging, blocking and impervious or by simply moving as its in real time, you never have to tank a hit, potions are just there in situations where you need them caused by your own fault of getting hit, which is why they are more abundant because you getting hit is something you are in control of, while in a turn based FF you aren't in control of that because you have no way to avoid damage because you can't move.

You can cheese through an older FF also just by grinding, while in XV you only cheese through the game by being a casual that wants to defend the fact that they suck shit at the game.
>>
>>379700341
It's not a bad game, it's just disappointing
>>
>>379700391
good on you friend
>>
File: file.png (393KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
393KB, 640x480px
>>379700548
>so you have no way of avoid damage
are you new to RPGs?
>>
>>379699550
Because the game lets you be casual doesn't mean you have to play that way, when there are also ways where you can play it that aren't casual. Are you dumb?

By your logic you may as well play every game ever on easy mode because that is playing by the rules of the game.
>>
>>379691825
sounds like a butt hurt 13 fan
>>
>>379700548
>You can cheese through an older FF also just by grinding, while in XV you only cheese through the game
ah yes, someone who didn't play FFXV because he doesn't know you can grind just as much off timed quests and certain hunts as well
>>
File: fag001.jpg (54KB, 745x497px) Image search: [Google]
fag001.jpg
54KB, 745x497px
>>379700557
and unfinished. Very unfinished.
>>
>>379700101
The only, ONLY, timespan that matters in discussions like this is the difference between announce date and launch date. Anything else is just the devs and apologists making excuses; as a consumer I could not give a shit about the development cycle of games as anything other than interesting trivia when the game is already in my hands.

If your game isn't going to be ready for 10 years, don't announce it. Announce it when you're reasonably confident you're a year, year and a half away from launch so you can start building hype. Anything else is going to lead to fatigue and frustration, and expectations set way too high.
>>
>>379700671
>Because the game lets you be casual
that's a casual game
>>
>>379700391
Final Fantasy needs more fans like you. The mentality of "this FF is my favorite, so all others must be shit by default" is ridiculous.
>>
File: cromwell smiling irish.jpg (18KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
cromwell smiling irish.jpg
18KB, 220x220px
>>379700738
>The only, ONLY, timespan that matters in discussions like this is the difference between announce date and launch date. Anything else is just the devs and apologists making excuses; as a consumer I could not give a shit about the development cycle of games as anything other than interesting trivia when the game is already in my hands.
this

it's also why I judge indie titles and AAA titles on roughly the same ground as well. you're competing for my time, not my pity. i want a good game regardless of where it's from, how long it took to make it, and how many people worked on it

if i wanted to spend money on someone's pity, i'd donate to a patreon or something
>>
>>379699929
You are using a google translated source, he is saying there was 20 people that became 200 people when Tabata joined and the Type-0 team arrived.

Seriously can you even read? It literally makes no sense that the team somehow got smaller when they ADDED the Type-0 team onto it.

>>379700248
Uh yes what? Back in 2013 when Nomura was director he's saying they had 200 people who were working in it while the story hadn't even been finalized and was changing every 3 months. Those 200 people came onto the team in 2012.
>>
>>379700215
What Kitase said was that in September of 2011 that SE is giving their "100% effort" to both Type-0 and Versus. Type-0 came out a month later, so if you're trying to argue that somehow means Versus was in full development from that point on then by the same logic you have to say that Type-0 only entered full development 1 month before it came out too.

Kitase's statement was mistranslated as him saying it was in full development when he didn't actually say that, he only said they are giving Type-0 and Versus their 100% effort.
>>
>>379700731
I'm still sad that despite all that wait the game felt unfinished and rushed especially in the 2nd half
>>
>>379699626
It's the same type of sidequest where you do the same thing and get rewards
>>
File: Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>379700731
>and unfinished. Very unfinished.

Normally I usually disagree with trump-posters but this time I have to agree.

The final straw to show that this mess of a game was unfinished was the fucking survey which basically said "HELP US DECIDE WHAT TO IMPLEMENT NEXT"
>>
>>379700341
Only like 2 people here even keep pretending it's bad.
>>
>>379700954
>You are using a google translated source
>http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227127355
Unless you want to bring in the original facebook posts now
>>
>>379700671
This. Why oh why do faggots bring up the argument that if the game lets you do this, then you have to do it? Isn't it mostly just for entertainment? If you're one to make the game bullshit easy for yourself and then complain about it then that means you aren't having fun, or you are just saying it for the sake of shitposting.

If the game allows you to make it challenging for yourself, then why not do it? Why do they have to follow "official" restrictions like a badly made hard mode or some shit?
>>
>>379700428
>yes that's actually how it is
Oh you really are insane and your analogy has literally no comparison.
>>
Is there going to be a definitive edition for this game including all DLC and missed content?
>>
>>379700671
If a game has a difficulty select, then the developer is asking you directly how much challenge you want. The player definitively knows the decision he's making is intentionally deciding his experience.

If there's a broken tactic in the game, available in every difficulty, you either have to do the designers' job for them, balancing the game by ignoring aspects of it, or just cheese your way through.

And really, if I "don't have to use items," what am I supposed to do? Just set the controller down when Noctis enters his ten-second death throes and not press the glowing "Press R1 to not die" button? Redo the entire fight because the designers a) couldn't balance the game so every enemy doesn't do a shitload of damage and b) couldn't implement a better system for healing? Fuck that.
>>
File: wow it's fuckin nothing.jpg (84KB, 320x498px) Image search: [Google]
wow it's fuckin nothing.jpg
84KB, 320x498px
>>379700954
>and the Type-0 team arrived.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-type-0-hd/details

Ctrl+F voice, 100 hits, voices 66 hits, then the end result of actual people working on Type 0 is... around 19. Count them yourself, it's very small, as expected for a PSP game.

200-19 means that around 180 people were working on Versus before the Type-0 staff was rolled in and it was rebranded as FFXV.

I appreciate your commitment to sussing out the truth and I wish more of /v/ was like you, but Typo-0's staff isn't the silver bullet you need.
>>
>>379700654
>posts FF tactics an SRPG spinoff when I'm talking about the mainline turn based FFs
>Doesn't know I'm talking about avoid damage in real time when enemies go to hit you in real time and you react in real time, not through passive means like evasion stats or accuracy stats.
>>
Last section was good. Good acting and believable. Things came to a head and resolved well. Adult team was way better and I wanted alot more time with them.

The first half was terrible. So many plot holes, weird reactions to things. Unfinished world. It was obvious how much they cut.
>>
>>379701301
>If you're one to make the game bullshit easy for yourself
You're right, I forgot that I was the one who coded a broken item system into FFXV. Sorry, everyone, my bad. I forgot that it's my job to make balanced video games for one of the biggest companies in the industry.
>>
>>379701206
with a much better context, various types of rewards, and it directly upgrades an ability for one of your party members (of course, if you hate Quina, you don't have to do it at all)

much better than "collect 3 frogs, get a paltry amount of gil, and move onto the next quest chain." keep in mind I'm not criticizing the later portion of the questline where you have to collect the slimy oil from gigantoad or whatever, I'm only saying that the first two "find the frogs" quests are shit
>>
>>379700801
But it also lets you be non casual, so by the same logic it's not casual. You aren't very bright, are you?
>>
>>379691825

>mfw XV-kun made this thread just so start things
>>
It's just a boring game. I don't care about the characters and the story and the WRPG quest like mechanics feel like a chore 8 out of 10 times.

The graphics are pretty (the art style is not. It's just generic), the music is what one would expect of a FF, Chocobos are nice and some shit, like summoning conditions and character aging are not bad ideas...
>>
>>379701506
If a supposed hard mode for the game were to add a limit for potions, then why not just do it yourself? Is it autism?
>>
yall need to git gud

it's a comfy roadtrip camping simulator with great combat (only if you aren't casual scum)
>>
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/106779

Japan hate to xv is borderline crazy
>>
>>379701537
life operates on the path of least resistance

if you have a car and a bike to get to work, you're going to be using your car. the car is casual, and it's the option 99.9% of people choose to minimize effort and time invested.

FFXV is a casual game because it offers the casual path of least resistance. a game's difficulty level is not based on what speedrunners to LV1 challenge runners do, it's based on the easiest solution to the game.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (42KB, 605x495px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
42KB, 605x495px
>>379701479
This to a T. The game should've spent at least 30-40% of its playtime in the World of Ruin; Punished Venom Noct had the potential to be the best FF lead of all time if he had more screentime.
>>
>he doesn't play tic-tac-toe while balancing on burning charcoals on a unicycle while reciting the Canadian national anthem in Arabic
lol casuals, tic-tac-toe is a hardcore gamer's game
>>
>>379701643
It's me playing a video game and not wasting my time tiptoeing around shitty design choices. FFXV is not even remotely fun enough for me to want to do challenge runs of it.
>>
File: file.png (2KB, 373x95px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2KB, 373x95px
>>379701659
Sounds reasonable. But seriously, what are they bitching about?
>>
>175 posts
>52 IPs
hmm....
>>379693186>>379692835
>the shills are still alive for XV
holy shit you faggots are pathetic, XV is objectively a bad game
>>
>>379701762
Are you describing KH? Because XV has more mechanics than KH
>>
Jesus christ xv-kun, it's almost E3 just give it a rest for one day
>>
>>379701901
>deflecting to kh out of nowhere in response to an obvious shitpost
fucking desperate
>>
>>379701643
>then why not just do it yourself?
Not my job to make their games good. That's their job, and that's why I'm paying them $50-60 for it. If they fuck up, it's on them.

I don't buy a grill and expect to troubleshoot its broken shit the same day I buy it. I return it and either get a refund or a replica.
>>
>>379701843
Then if the game isn't fun for you, there is no point to anything you said.
>>
>>379701901
FFXV is more bloated than Kingdom Hearts as well.
>>
>>379701889
>shills
It's one guy
>>
>>379701861
>garbage game
>ff is dead
>dragon quest will kill ff
usual stuff
>>
File: nothing is wrong.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
nothing is wrong.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>379696394
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Final_Fantasy_XV

>Tabata's new position as co-director and eventually as director was related to this change.[10][32] Intentions to turn the game into a musical after Nomura had seen the 2012 film adaptation of Les Misérables were vetoed by the higher-ups at Square Enix.[34]

>Nomura wanted to turn FFXV into Les Misérables

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK
How is no one talking about this shit? Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>379701991
I'm just annoyed at lost potential. The game wouldn't need many changes (to the gameplay) to actually reward skillful play like you say it would. Really, all it would need would be for item use to be in real time and to have a wind-up animation before they take effect. Small changes like that would make the game into what it should've been.
>>
>>379701364
Jesus Christ you cannot be this fucking stupid.
https://youtu.be/3DYxZCZc4AI?t=11m36s

You honestly cannot be this fucking stupid right? And even then that is the Type-0 HD staff, not including all the people who worked on the PSP version.

Not only is your bullshit logic flawed but your own fucking source is flawed and you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are even talking about.
>>
File: ff_japan_hm1.jpg (11KB, 376x77px) Image search: [Google]
ff_japan_hm1.jpg
11KB, 376x77px
>>379701659
I see
>>
>>379701901
More mechanics doesn't make it better all the time. BBS also has billions of commands and shit but it's garbage even compared to KH1 or 2.
XV also has tons of options, but a lot of it really isn't that useful unless you're one of those guys that tells me i'm play it wrong when i don't use 100% of all mechanics against every normal enemy.
>>
>>379702101
It's brought up every fucking thread you idiot
>>
File: 6i2IgbK.jpg (63KB, 675x720px) Image search: [Google]
6i2IgbK.jpg
63KB, 675x720px
>>379701889
I got accused of IP switching because I agreed with someone who called out FF15's monotonous copypasted quest grind shit. Take your morning pills FF15 defense force. Things like that are the first thing to be ironed out during a AAA's game polishing state, FF15 was rushed out the door and the quests are bullet points on the back of the box to justify muh open world meme design.

FF15's fanbase has something in common with its Metacritic score. Both are spiraling downward.
>>
>>379702121
https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/951986-final-fantasy-type-0/credit
whoopty doo, 29 non-VA people, and most of them went on to work on the HD version

now tell me how 170 is substantially different from 180? 170 people were working on Versus before 2013. that's a shit ton of people
>>
>>379701973
You just sound like a baby. If the game has the options to do so, then why not do it? You aren't modding the game, you are doing things in the realm of the game itself. You act like you have to follow a very specific set of rules each time you play a video game. If the game isn't fun for you in the first place, then there is no point to do anything I said. I don't play video games just for challenges. That is stupid. If i like the game, then I may want to challenge myself or create restrictions possible within the realm of the game because I like it.
>>
>>379701525
The context in XV is that you are helping out a professor in her research by finding frogs who emerged because of the strange phenomenon to do with the longer nights, aka the plague of the stars.

The context in 9 is what?

>of course, if you hate Quina, you don't have to do it at all
Oh by this logic you don't have to ever do the frog quest in XV at all, because it's 100% optional.
>>
It was just a whole lot of uninteresting but currently popular design choices stapled together into a barely functional whole.
>>
File: cat hiss.jpg (39KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
cat hiss.jpg
39KB, 500x374px
>>379702145
>he posts in every FF15 thread
so are you a shill?
>>
>>379702187
Don't bother, it's just that one guy, there're normal people that like XV including me even, but it has huge fucking flaws and in a lot of cases the dev team clearly didn't know what they were doing. But in xv-kun's eyes these threads are literally him and one guy reseting his IP 50 times
>>
>>379702296
>Oh by this logic you don't have to ever do the frog quest in XV at all, because it's 100% optional.
most all of XV's sidequests are effectively optional because they're all MMO garbage

except for adamantoise's hunt, where they actually put in an iota of effort
>>
>>379702316
>didn't know that it was a common topic that gets brought up all the time
>lol you're a shill
You are so stupid
>>
>>379702285
>I have to do work making a game fun
Again that's their job, not yours. You're simply defending a bad game.

If Square Enix wants to pay ME money to invent my own fun, they can do that. But as it stands, I'm the one paying money for a product that's supposed to be fun, not a half-constructed pile of Ikea furniture pieces.
>>
>>379701659
>t-they hate it
>nothing in the link indicates they do

>noctis was voted best character in Japanese awards show a few months ago
>noctis was voted by japan as most wanted character in KH3 a few months ago
>>
File: accept your nature.jpg (100KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
accept your nature.jpg
100KB, 694x642px
>>379702405
>common topic that hasn't been brought up in 200 posts
>every thread
so you must be a shill then, if you somehow monitor every FF15 thread
>>
>>379701691
>b-but real life
>he's an irrelevant analogy
Man this grasping. FFXV is not any more casual than any other FF is.
>>
>>379702541
You are so fucking stupid
>>
>>379702494
Lel, i feel bad for you eop, vote lmao
>>
>>379701889
>OP going all out again
>>
File: FInal-FantasyXV-3.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FInal-FantasyXV-3.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
Its happening guys. End of june: Episode Prompto, Regalia TYPE-D, and the Cup noodle Hat.
>>
>>379702705
>two things that should have been included in the game at launch and product placement
oh. good
>>
File: 14878850477072.png (70KB, 297x199px) Image search: [Google]
14878850477072.png
70KB, 297x199px
>>379702803
I know, right? Aren't you excited??
>>
>>379702601
I'm sorry you can't understand such a simple concept as path of least resistance

here, maybe this will activate the 5 brain cells you have

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_least_resistance

http://klangable.com/blog/controlled-by-the-path-of-least-resistance/

https://books.google.com/books?id=yluAAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA121&lpg=PA121#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=Xk83DQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_effort
>>
>>379702478
I'm not "defending" the game you fucking shit for brains. I like the game, I don't give a fuck if you don't like it. You're not doing any "work" inside a game. The fuck? Restricting potions is that hard? I was using that as an example. You sound so illogical in the most literal sense. Sure, don't mess around and have fun in the games you bought that allow you to do so. You don't like video games then, you play them because it gives you a retard high for completing "official" challenges. You are paying money for something to enjoy. Making fun challenges for yourself, like say a level 1 challenge, is just making most out of the game you bought. The game allows freedom, and that is great.
>>
File: cat falls down stairs.gif (497KB, 238x150px) Image search: [Google]
cat falls down stairs.gif
497KB, 238x150px
>>379702625
>polices every thread looking for people who dare insult FF15
>whines when people aren't talking about positive things about the game
>manages to get bored by novel things because he reads everything
I think it's time for you to go outside. Unless you're getting paid for this, of course. Which I think you are.

Here, let's make this easy. If you're not a shill, don't respond to me.
>>
>>379702248
>again posting incomplete lists that only list VAs and people in lead positions, leaving everyone else out
Stop grasping.

Ferrari said himself they had 20 people on Versus and that when the Type-0 team joined they had 200 people, that coinincides with Tabata stating they had 200 people when they rebooted Versus to XV because they put the Type-0 staff onto the game, and also coinincides with Ferrari also stating that in 2013 they had 200 staff working on the game.

You are literally full of shit and cannot fucking read, your sources are still fucking faulty because you aren't using the actual game credits but instead incomplete lists, and you are using a google translate instead of what Ferrari actually said, while you are also ignoring what has been said about it years ago in relation to dev team size. You are literally ignoring that they mixed the 20 or so devs from Versus, the over 100 who were in Type-0 plus the Luminous engine staff to form the 200 members making FFXV in 2012.

Prior to that they had only around 20 people on the game.
>>
File: final-fanasy-15-cup-noodle-4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
final-fanasy-15-cup-noodle-4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>379702705
>>379702803
As awful as this is, I kind of like the Cup Noodle shit. It's pretty funny how nakedly they're taking the piss. They're not even pretending this isn't retarded, out of place promotion.
>>
>>379703015
>The game allows freedom, and that is great.
Freedom to be casual, which is why it's a casual game

You're the one who brought up the word casual, you have to deal with it
>>
>>379702187
>actually trying to call something a defense force because you're shitposts are getting BTFO
Man you're pathetic and you can't even keep your arguments straight anymore.

>>379702027
>>379702324
>i-it's one guy meme
>>
>>379703095
>Ferrari said himself they had 20 people on Versus
I already disproved this and you have yet to prove me wrong>>379701287
>>
>>379702705
The offroad car is such a stupid gimmick they literally added becaus fans screamed for it, but in the end you'll just be stuck on tress and shit and have to get out every few seconds anyway
>>
>>379701216
But they're implementing all the things in the survey and just want to see what fans want first so they can prioritize it
>>
>>379703135
I wasn't that bitch. You aren't being casual if you're allowing hardcore challenges and restrictions for yourself. You are the casual one
>>
>>379703201
Thanks for proving me right
>>
Of course Akira Toriyama's cousin would have a bunch of retard virgins eating his shit
>>
File: 5oDt9hC.png (219KB, 499x578px) Image search: [Google]
5oDt9hC.png
219KB, 499x578px
>>379703126
Is XV the game with the most shameless product placement ever? I can't think of any other videogame that is at the same level. You can argue that maybe Snake Eater or Guns of the Patriots, but at least those didn't put a fucking commercial at the middle of the game, telling you how awesome the product is, like Gladio did with Cup Noodle.
>>
>>379702384
The sidequests by large are the same exact things you do in FF1-9s sidequests so no, unless they are now MMO garbage?
>>
>>379703396
Tabata-drones are pretty pathetic
>>
>>379703303
Put it this way; if you have to ignore game mechanics in order to have fun, isn't that a failing on the designers' part? Shouldn't they have tried for a system that isn't just tedious and abuseable? Shouldn't I be able to play a game using all the mechanics it presents without worrying I'm sabotaging my own fun by doing so?
>>
>>379702705
Nice.
>>
>>379702705
WE MONSTER TRUCK NOW
>>
>>379697291
FF1-5 can all legitimately game over you. FF6 is where that stops being a thing outside of maybe two fights in FF10 and if you aggro a high level enemy in FF12, but even then the other games had a much higher chance of killing you than XV.
>>
>>379703410
I'd say Snake Eater is slightly worse, in that the product placement has an effect on gameplay, being by far the best food items you can find and rendering a lot of the animal hunting stuff pointless.
>>
>>379702905
>here I googled path of least resistance and pasted some of the first search results
>Thinks this somehow applies to anything in the argument.
>>
>>379703095
>Ferrari said himself they had 20 people on Versus and that when the Type-0 team joined they had 200 people
But that's the complete opposite of what was said.

>Then from 2010 till the end of 2011 I worked on the designs I got assigned with, without any big issues. That’s why when the team got resized from 200 workers to around 20 in 2012 (right before the arrival of Tabata and the Type-0 team), I was still there and worked with the newcomers till 2013. Then I left because I followed mister Nomura.

In what world does "before Tabata and Type-0 team arrived" mean that it went to 200 at that point? Not even the worst Italian to English google translator would mess up that parenthetical text, because it's a separate grammatical clause.

It went from ~200 during Versus (before 2012), cut down to 20 right before it was re-branded (2012, presumably to get rid of all of the people who were fucking the project up so badly), then the Type-0 team was merged in (20+29, so let's say about 50, in summer 2012, see usgamer article). Then the team grew in size from there.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hajime-tabata-talks-about-the-transformation-of-versus-xiii-to-final-fantasy-xv
>>
>>379703475
That's an argument that works against every post-V FF game.
>>
>>379703626
Since XIV had to be rebuilt at the same time, it would make since as to where some of the versus team would be relocated to
>>
>>379703303
>You aren't being casual if you're allowing hardcore challenges and restrictions for yourself. You are the casual one
Nope, that's a casual game. If I play tee-ball while lit on fire and singing a Gregorian chant, tee-ball is still a casual game. Yet the retard who is on fire and singing some shitty monastery music is the one suffering because he's playing a game designed for 5 year olds (FFXV)
>>
>>379703663
And surprise, every post-FFV game is bloated and uninteresting mechanically. I just want this series to be as good as it can be, man. I want a challenge, I want to think about how to maximize my party's strength, not gimp it.
>>
File: Joe Rogain.jpg (172KB, 819x683px) Image search: [Google]
Joe Rogain.jpg
172KB, 819x683px
Surprised people still talk about this game. It felt like Fallout 4 to me. Good timesink, but very mediocre game overall. Play it once and probably will never touch it again.
>>
>>379703807
I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just pointing out that it won't go over well with the people you're trying to argue with.
>>
>>379703663
But not one that works against KH2FM, which is the main point of comparison for FFXV (being SE's last high budget action RPG).
>>
>>379703848
It's really only a handful of people arguing amongst themselves in every thread, from what I can tell. I drop in occasionally when I'm feeling salty and want to piss XV-kun off.
>>
>>379703848
I was busy earlier this year and finally completed it this month. Shame that these threads are haunted by shill(s?) honestly, it prevents anyone from criticizing the game honestly
>>
>>379703475
If you are allowed to ignore game mechanics to have more fun, that should be seen as something successful. If the game isn't even fun for you with all the stuff presented to you and encouraged for you to use, then there is no point to restricting yourself.
>>
>>379704131
>If you are allowed to ignore game mechanics to have more fun, that should be seen as something successful.
There's a world of difference between "you are allowed to ignore mechanics for an extra challenge if you're an exceptionally skilled player" and "it's literally impossible to lose the game or be challenged in any way on the hardest difficulty unless you ignore this mechanic."
>>
>>379704131
Artificial restrictions aren't fun unless the game was fun to begin with. LLGing FF6 was shit and unfun while doing four Four Job Fiesta runs back to back was fun the whole time.
>>
Wait a minute, that dress
>>
>>379703219
No you did not as that is the same exact google translate post that NovaCrystallis used. And there somehow being 200 devs then only 20 devs not only makes no fucking sense but goes against the reality of the situation

Why the fuck would there suddenly be only 20 devs when they reboot it to a mainline game, but when it was just a spinoff it somehow had 200 devs?

Why the fuck would there somehow be only 20 devs on it when it became XV, if Ferrari who was still working on the game in 2013 states that they had 200 people working on the game in 2013?

Why would there be only 20 devs working on it when it became XV when it was given it's AAA budget and they also brought in Luminous engine staff in addition to the Type-0 team and mixed them with the Versus staff, which is well fucking over 20 devs?

You are literally incapable of basic logic or even common sense. Stop clinging to a faulty translation when it goes against every reality of what happened that had been an established fact before Ferrari had even said anything about the game.

Tabata had already stated they had 200 people on the team when it became XV, which we know was in 2012, we also know from him that they mixed Versus team, Type-0 team and Luminous engine staff to form the initial 200 people team for FFXV

>>379703626
No it isn't, stop clinging to faulty translations or google translate, what he said was they had 20 people on it then it became 200 people once they merged the Type-0 team in, which is just like what Tabata said about them having 200 people on the game and that they merged Type-0 staff with Versus staff and Luminous engine staff to form the FFXV team.

Maybe you should actually try and apply some basic common sense because it makes no fucking sense for there to somehow be 200 people working on Versus but not on XV.
>>
>>379704489
>unironically defending a game with no launches
>>
File: 1488297541604.png (615KB, 554x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488297541604.png
615KB, 554x480px
>still arguing over nothing on the day of E3
>>
>>379704586
Nobody cares about Nomura trash that won't be released for another 10 years, fuck off.
>>
>>379704568
Maybe i'll finish it one day, i dropped it 1-2 times because even early enemies fucked my ass. I heard that leveing up is actually a bad idea in LR
>>
>>379704661
I wasn't even talking about Nomura games, just E3 in general kiddo. Way to project, man you must really have a hateboner for that guy.
>>
File: You are this stupid.jpg (88KB, 701x537px) Image search: [Google]
You are this stupid.jpg
88KB, 701x537px
>>379704489
>No you did not as that is the same exact google translate post that NovaCrystallis used
m8 novacrystallis linked to that specific neogaf poster you retard
That poster translated it himself
>stop clinging to faulty translations
>he's wrong because he said so
Alright. Prove you are right. Show me a link to where you are getting your translations from or the original facebook posts. Because at this point you are literally saying "this is what he said because I said so"
>>
>>379704760

XV-kun went from sucking his dick during the Versus days to hating him since Tabata stepped in.
>>
File: 1486496386126.jpg (10KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
1486496386126.jpg
10KB, 380x296px
>>379693186
This guy again....
>>
>>379691825
one of the best storys ever, point is u should not go after your faith or shit like that you should just sit back and enjoy your life.
>>
File: rippletits is upset.png (156KB, 434x341px) Image search: [Google]
rippletits is upset.png
156KB, 434x341px
>>379704963
>storys
>>
>>379704963
Did you just stop playing before chapter 6?
>>
>>379691825
>This game is bad.
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: 1496046401002.webm (98KB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
1496046401002.webm
98KB, 480x266px
>>379704963
post yfw Jared died
saddest death in ff history
>>
File: XV Sonic 06.jpg (1MB, 1080x2250px) Image search: [Google]
XV Sonic 06.jpg
1MB, 1080x2250px
>>379705069

Same, that's pretty much all there is to say about it.
>>
>>379691825
Most disappointing game of my life
waited 10 years, just for the final game to have this awful and butchered story/characters
The gameplay was shit aswell, repetitive, boring no depth. Going into the pause menu to make spells in an action combat game is also one of the most retard things i have ever seen

I thought it looked impressive in places though
>>
>>379705128
Funny observations, but the real cringe of that scene was due to it being a human and Sonic the fucking Hedgehog, not the sequence of events itself.
>>
>>379705102

Who?
>>
File: sad times.jpg (402KB, 1960x1432px) Image search: [Google]
sad times.jpg
402KB, 1960x1432px
>>379705102
>mfw i felt more for regalias crash than Luna's death
Regalia should've gotten the CG cutscene
>>
File: 1497035665709.jpg (120KB, 902x623px) Image search: [Google]
1497035665709.jpg
120KB, 902x623px
>Turned big event bosses into borefests
>QTE guards and autododging
>hold-button combat with little variation (the occasional pause-combo move, and some generally awful d-lefts).
>No launchers
>Made magic less a tool and more a "skip boring fights" button.
>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons, and managed to make them even worse with them activating in dumb ways.
>The main mixup is teamattacks which are more basic than KH2's Limits, and also lack the resource management, so are just spammable iframes.
>Item usage is straight dumb, when they not only got this right back in KH1, but also in 13 LR.

What did Tabata mean by this?
>>
>>379705307

OLD
MAN
HANDS
>>
>>379705254
The car had more personality and backstory than Luna.
>>
File: cute salaryman.png (142KB, 398x399px) Image search: [Google]
cute salaryman.png
142KB, 398x399px
>>379705404

Funny because it's true.
>>
>>379704568
TLR is artificla difficulty though. Hiding mechanics from the player is the only reason people have trouble with it, when you look everything up it becomes a cakewalk.
>>
>>379705220
Who cares. People overreacted to that when anthropomorphic animals with humans have been potrayed in media much longer before that scene.
>>
File: tabata.jpg (9KB, 150x186px) Image search: [Google]
tabata.jpg
9KB, 150x186px
>>379705307
I swear tabata has always looked like a 50 year old woman
>>
>>379705496

Sounds like you're just dumb.
>>
>>379696394
>Nomura's management.
I hate how nomura is blamed for the long development.
He had no team for years, everyone was made to work on ff13 and its sequels.

you can look at the 10+ completed games he's been in charge of to see that he is competent
you can look at square putting him in charge of ff7r and kh3 to see that he is competent
>>
File: 1481436540852.png (17KB, 255x363px) Image search: [Google]
1481436540852.png
17KB, 255x363px
>>379705404
It also gets more updates
>>
>>379705640
shieeet
>>
>>379691825

The only thing that I find absolutely true is that dying is a very very rare inconvenience.

I'm circa 100 hours in, and the only thoug mission that I remember was against the three necromancer at the tower ruins when my party was at level 20.

Now all my charachters are at level 78, with fishing/cooking/exploration/photography maxed out and a fucking lot of ability enabled, and despite the fact that I never use magic, every hunt and every bossfight don't last over 20 seconds.

So maybe yes, is also true that the gameplay is just broken, but after 100 hours I cannot avoid to have fun with this game yet.
>>
>>379705597
Didn't Square straight up say that 14 1.0 delayed multiple HD releases by years?
>>
>>379705596
Not him but that's correct, the game doesn't explain basic mechanics.
>>
>>379705724
Yes they did
>>
>>379705687
They clearly didn't care much about balance. You have all these options, but a lot of them are useless compared to the OP dodge, warp strike, magic nukes, your partys abilites that make you invincible for 3-4 seconds etc. And once you get regroup you don't even need items anymore
>>
This game is bad.
And no, I don't mean, that I dislike this game. It is completely objective opinion, that this game is full of badly executed ideas.
We can shitpost gamess like Bloodborne, New Zelda or others to the end of the day, but they are at least made competently.

I won't even talk about shit story and focus on the worst gameplay aspects.
First thing first, the gameplay is just broken. You can't lose. Actually, losing is one of the hardest thing to achieve in this game, which itself says, how fucked up this gameplay is.
The damage control in this aspect is
and it's a flawed way of thinking in the line of

You can expect, that the full game will be ballanced and this game just throws elixirs at you when they could be rare (like soma in Persona 5) or when they could give you CD for using items (like Tales of games for example). No excuse for this shit.
>>
>>379703410
>>379703612

Peace Walker has you running around eating Doritos and chugging Mountain Dew.
>>
>>379704803
>m8 novacrystallis linked to that specific neogaf poster you retard
Which is a faulty translation, as that neogaf thread only has A: google translate and b: that one guys faulty translation that is fully of incorrect grammer

Just going through Ferrari's facebook it seems he either deleted the original post he made regarding that, as it was in response to a "Sara" but in the comments there even the original post is missing, but he was not saying Versus had 200 devs and XV had only 20, he said Versus had 20 then they resized to 200 when they moved Type-0 team to XV, which is again the same thing Tabata had said about the game.

You are clinging to faulty translations that go against the actual established history or even any common sense surrounding what is even possible.
>>
File: SONIC-GET-UP-ON-THE-HYDRAS-BACK.jpg (1MB, 1080x1864px) Image search: [Google]
SONIC-GET-UP-ON-THE-HYDRAS-BACK.jpg
1MB, 1080x1864px
>>379705128
Except Luna holding Noctis happens after the fight and the fight themselves aren't even the same. You're already invalidated. Meanwhile KH2FM is sonic 06 tier.
>>
>>379705597
>He had no team for years,
The team was ~200 people at some point before 2012 (when Tabata and Type 0 staff joined) so that's demonstrably false (>>379701287)

Now it's unclear how long he had 200 people, it could have been just 2011, it could have been that large for multiple years before that all the way up to 2006, but don't pretend for a split second that he was never given resources. He's simply a bad manager and should never be put in charge of a mainline FF again.
>>
>>379707230
>Which is a faulty translation,
>that go against my narrative
>because I said so
You literally can't holy lol
>>
>>379707341
>>379707536
No it was not, the team was only around 20 people as Ferrari said and only became 200 when it became XV.

See>>379707230

It makes absolutely no possible sense for there to have been 200 people on Versus but then only 20 on XV after they ADDED people onto the team from other parts of SE specifically when rebooting Versus into XV in 2012.
>>
>>379707594
>keeps repeating his own theory after evidence proves otherwise
kek, I'm still waiting
>>
>>379707594
>It makes absolutely no possible sense
Yes it does, because ~200 people were responsible for fucking up the game before 2012. Most of them were cut because they sucked, and weren't necessary as the game was redesigned and converted to FFXV. Then they added in Type-0 people because they actually got shit done in the past, unlike Nomura's Merry Band of Useless Fucks.

You still have no proof that the translation is inaccurate.
>>
>>379707752
>Most of them were cut because they sucked
Either that or they were moved to help 14 out as that had way more priority then a spinoff
I think there was even a rumor/leak about that being the case but I could be wrong. And then again it is just a rumor
>>
>>379707594
except for that whole fact that the neoGAF thread STARTED with a google translate, then an Italian forum user named Philippe re-translated it to be more accurate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327881#post227127355

you've been driving this clown car way too long m8. it's time to give up the driver's wheel
>>
>>379707969
You're right, it could have been that too. ARR released August 2013, which means that ramping it up and finishing it off from 2012-2013 is plausible

I guess the only way to confirm that is to look at the list of people who worked on Versus and crossreference them with the credits of ARR, but I'm not really autistic enough to spend an hour doing that
>>
>>379702705
Sweet, anything else on the 30th anniversary announcement? Seeing how they are adding new stuff like this, it seems that BD2 is still tweaking/experimenting with the engine.
>>
>>379705404
Regalia's backstory
>It's a custom classic, not some beat up old clunker
>Regis drove it 30 years ago when he went on his roadtrip
>It's Noctis's "safe place"
>Noctis uses it on his roadtrip
>It breaks down in Leide and Cidney fixes it
>Cidney likes the car a lot and upgrades it with different parts
>It breaks down for good in Niflheim after rockets explode while driving on the train tracks to get into Gralea.

Luna's backstory
>She is born daughter of the Fleuret family, princess of Tenebrae and younger sister of Ravus and daughter of Sylva. Gentiana came to the Fleuret family when Luna was born.
>When she was 12 she meets prince Noctis when he comes to Tenebrae to heal from a grave injury he sustained
>Luna and Noctis spend a lot of time toghether and become close friends, she teaches him all kinds of things, including pertaining to her and his calling, cosmogony and she is the one who tells Noctis of his role as the chosen king.
>While there Niflheim attacks their manor because they want to kill Regis who was there at the time, Sylva is killed in the process and Luna and Ravus fall under imperial capture as Regis escapes with Noctis, with Luna willingly staying behind to be with Ravus
>Luna is beaten as a child by Niflheim soldiers
>When she is 16 she becomes the Oracle, the youngest oracle in history
>For the next years she travels around the world healing the sick, going to villages and towns to bless the people, all while under imperial watch
>She also blesses the Haven campgrounds around the world.
>When she is 24 she is engaged to Noctis in a political wedding, she gets involved in the invasion in Insomnia and meets up with Regis, acquiring the ring and making it out
>She goes around waking up the Astrals performing rites so that the covenants can be forged with Noctis
>During the rite with Leviathan she is stabbed and killed by Ardyn, not before she protects Noctis from Leviathan and powers him up and delivers the ring to him

Not really.
>>
>>379708349
I don't even know if there even is an entire list of the people who worked on versus so it would kind of be almost impossible.
From what I can tell this could be a likely scenario
>2006-2011: Crystal tools engine is garbage and fucks up almost every game that it's attached to
>Late 2011: kitase announces versus has entered full production finally
>2012: Decision was made to help speed the process up on XIV 2.0's development and versus team was cut down again.
>2012: With type-0 finally completed, square re-assigns that team to work on versus and puts tabata in as co-director as he had asked nomura before for the opportunity and the higher ups said yes
>>
>>379707682
>theory
How is a theory when it's fact? You are the one in denial by clinging to faulty translations and ignoring what actually fucking happened.

>>379707752
I'm not doubting that Nomura fucked up, but he did not have 200 people working on Versus, and there wasn't only 20 people working on XV. It goes against every single statement pertaining to the transition from Versus to XV we know.

They added in people from the Type-0 and Luminous engine team along with the Versus dev team to form the FFXV team in 2012. Why would there suddenly be 20 devs when even just counting the people involved it's much larger than 20 for those on XV since 2012. Meaning that it is not possible that there was 200 on Versus then only 20 on XV, when it's the opposite, there was 20 on Versus then 200 on XV when they added in Type-0 and Luminous engine devs into the Versus team to form the FFXV team in 2012.

>>379707989
>He's italian that means his english is good
Sorry but no, again even just reading this Phillippe posts you can see inaccuracies in his spelling and grammar.
>>
>>379693835
FFXIV is currently nearly a quarter of Square-Enix's income, they even literally used the new expansion to cook the books to hide how much FFXV bombed since they knew it would make enough to hide the funds. They keep the game running for pennies and charge a shitload of money for cash shop items that the playerbase buys en masse. Probably 20% of the players have spent upwards of $500 just on character edit potions alone
>>
>>379708997
>It goes against every single statement pertaining to the transition from Versus to XV we know.
Then link them. The only other person in the thread providing links is the other guy you're arguing with

Your posts are literally worthless, especially the ones saying "this Italian->English translator is not good!" without explaining exactly how the Italian was misinterpreted. Your anonymous shitposts aren't proof I'm afraid, you've given us no reason to trust your authority or judgement
>>
>>379708997
>when it's fact
>what actually fucking happened.
You have literally shown no proof in your favor. All you have done is say "No I'm right" this entire argument. Show proof you idiot. Where are you getting 20 to 200 from
>>
>>379708984
>kitase announces versus has entered full production finally
That was a mistranslation, what he said was that Versus and Type-0 are both being given 100% effort. I mean if you want to say Versus entered full production at that time because of what Kitase said then that would also mean he's saying Type-0 had just entered full production too, even though he said that only 1 month before Type-0 came out.
>>
>>379708997
>Why would there suddenly be 20 devs when even just counting the people involved it's much larger than 20 for those on XV since 2012.

>>379703626
>It went from ~200 during Versus (before 2012), cut down to 20 right before it was re-branded (2012, presumably to get rid of all of the people who were fucking the project up so badly), then the Type-0 team was merged in (20+29, so let's say about 50, in summer 2012, see usgamer article). Then the team grew in size from there.
>>
>>379709024
That's basically what happened to FFXI except FFXI's original version wasn't so bad that they had to blow Vana'Diel up with a meteor and spend an ungodly amount of money working up a new engine for it.

Profit is revenue minus expenses, and both XIV and XV had an unfathomable amount of expenses
>>
>>379709443
>an ungodly amount of money working up a new engine for it.
They spent fucking pennies working on 2.0 and last I checked they used an already existing engine, they didn't create a new one.
>That's basically what happened to FFXI
FFXI didn't have a cash shop.
>>
File: caveman.jpg (36KB, 841x788px) Image search: [Google]
caveman.jpg
36KB, 841x788px
>>379693186
>XV-kun still hasn't killed himself
>>
XV is on sale but I don't want to buy it only for it to get a pc announcement at e3
>>
>>379709236
>then that would also mean he's saying Type-0 had just entered full production too
That is some leaps in logic there
>>
>>379709181
You can find Tabata's statements about the devs that he's mentioned in interviews even easier than Ferrari's statements that he made in his facebook. And even in that Ferrari statement he says they had 200 people on the game in 2013, so either you really don't know how to do some basic math and you lack basic common sense. Or you really are desperate to cling to a fucking mistranslation because it somehow implies Versus had a big team when there is no proof it ever did, and Ferrari's own statement doesn't imply it.

Not to mention not a single fucking person back when Ferrari made his posts on facebook said anything about there somehow being 200 people on Versus, because that isn't what Ferrari even said. Mistranslations from Italian to English are not uncommon, even officially translated interviews are still full of faulty English.

Like this interview here http://www.akibagamers.it/26-12-2016/intervista-roberto-ferrari-character-designer-final-fantasy-xv/, which you can see a google translate here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227394152&postcount=594

Had to be retranslated into English because of mistranslations by Ferrari here https://pastebin.com/FD2GfTT3

Like this sentence that was google translated

>se durante la vostra avventura doveste mai incontrare un ambiguo e losco figuro, diciamo forse il più italiano tra tutti i personaggi (sarà perché è una mia creatura?) non vi fidate di lui, mi raccomando!

>if you during your adventure you ever run into an ambiguous and sinister figure, say maybe most Italian of all the characters (it will be because it is my creature?) I do not trust him, please!

Was retranslated by Ferrari into proper English here

>if during your adventure you happen to run into a suspicious and shady character - let's say the most italian one (could it be because I was the one who drew him?) - don't you ever trust him!
>>
Man XV sure is serious buseniess
>>
>>379709997
>post link
>still nothing in your favor
Stop running in circles you faggot. Show fucking proof. Where are you getting 20 to 200 from
>>
>>379710139
People are generally in agreement that XV was rushed and shit. It's just a matter of blaming Nomura or Tabata at this point.
>>
>>379709201
You cannot be this fucking dense.

We know XV had 200 devs when Versus became XV because that was stated by Tabata years ago, we know that they merged Type-0 and Luminous devs with the Versus team to form the XV team in 2012 because it was stated years ago.

Just looking at Ferrari's own statement he says they had 200 devs in 2013.

So why the fuck would they have 200 devs on Versus, then when they add Type-0 and Luminous engine staff to the Versus team to make the XV team it is now suddenly only 20 devs, then is 200 devs again only a few months later?

When the actual logical and factual course of events was they had 20 people on Versus, they merged the Type-0 and Luminous teams with the Versus team to get 200 people in 2012 when rebooting Versus to XV, then they still had 200 people in 2013.

>>379709295
>Still trying to cling to mistranslations and google translate

You're own fucking shitpost there itself goes against what you are trying to cling to what you think Ferrari said.
>>
>>379710408
I blame Square in general
>>
File: 1486921151051.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486921151051.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>379693186
Holy fuck. Just let the game go already XV-kun.
>>
>>379709617
In September 2011, 1 month before Type-0 released on PSP in Japan, Kitase made statement in that they are giving both Type-0 and Versus 100% effort to them, people took this to mean that Versus had just entered full production and so Kitase was mistranslated as having said Versus was in full produciton, but if that was true then by the same logic it would mean Kitase also just said Type-0 entered full production because he said both Type-0 and Versus. When all he was saying was that they were giving Type-0 and Versus 100% effort to them.
>>
>>379710623
>but if that was true then by the same logic
No that's you being a fucking retard
>>
>>379709997
>And even in that Ferrari statement he says they had 200 people on the game in 2013,

>I wasn't part of the 2010 group from XIII that "would have scatched their bellies" (and then turned into the XV one), i came into May 2010. I know i was called in when a (female) designer resigned since she wasn't able to get any kind of approval from the art director. Then, from 2010 till the end of 2011 i worked on the designs i got assigned with, without any big issues. That's why, when the team got resized from 200 workers to around 20 in 2012 (right before the arrival of Tabata and the Type-0 team), i was still there and worked with the newcomers till 2013. Then i left because i followed mister Nomura.
I had no story planned for Gentiana, but i can confirm you that the writers changed the script i received in 2011.
[...] I stand behind what Sakaguchi said about big budget games developement: it's not worth it anymore. But they are also very disorganized. The staff -200 souls- had to work when the story still wasn't completely definied. In fact, this story kept changing every 3 months and the definitive delivery date for the game was for the end of 2014 (who would have thought it would have been pushed back to November 2016?).

Piece by piece here.

>Ferrari joined the team May 2010
>From 2010-2011 he completed his art tasks without any issues
>In 2012 the team was resized from 200 to 20
>Tabata and Type-0 team were merged in right after the downsize
>Ferrari left in 2013
>Nomura left in 2013
>When the staff was at 200, the story had not even been finished
>The game's release date goal was 2014

I don't know why this is difficult for you.
>>
It was kinda fun
>>
Who gives a shit about this game. It even got blown the fuck out by XIII. Shit is shameful.
>>
I refuse to use items in traditional FF because they too make it impossible to die
Did the same here and had about the same difficulty

I tell everyone to not use items in rpg's because they make them way too fucking easy, you can call it gimping yourself but I unconsciously did it even at like 7 playing pokemon red
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/361327663/#361335503
lol I found it
>basing your entire argument over one anons quick Google translate summary greentext over an Italian's own translations
>>
>>379698535
Huh.
>>379697291
>if you ever get a game over in a FF game
A casual playthrough of FF1 will likely have you dying in Marsh Cave.
>>
>>379710185
See >>379707230
From his original post which I specifically remember reading what he said there, and it was in response to a "Sara". And like I mentioned before the original post seems to have been deleted because it's not showing up on his facebook anymore. So now the only text of it is a google translate error and another translation full of faults.

What part of them mixing the Versus, Type-0 and Luminous engine team to form the XV team, which is much bigger than 20 people don't you fucking get? How could XV possibly have had only 20 people when the people from Versus, Type-0 and Luminous engine that were put into a single team for FFXV far exceed 20 people?

>>379710701
Are you really this fucking stupid?

He says both they are giving both Type-0 and Versus their 100% effort, people somehow think this means Versus just entered full production, yet by that same logic it would mean he also just said Type-0 entered full production.

>>379710719
>This retard still going
Ferrari joined in 2010, so did people like Sun Prasert and Wan Hazmer.
In 2012 Versus was rebooted to FFXV, and they mixed the Versus team, Type-0 team and Luminous engine team to form a 200 man dev team. There cannot possibly have been 200 people on Versus and only 20 people on XV in 2012, when the Versus, Type-0 and Lumionus people that were put into the FFXV team is far more than 20 regardless, therefore the only logical conclusion is that Versus somehow having 200 people is a mistranslation, and it was Versus that had 20 people, they added Type-0 team and Luminous staff into the one team to form the 200 member FFXV team in 2012
Ferrari states in 2013 they still had 200 members and that they had no defined story and it was changing story every 3 months.
Ferrar and Nomrua both left XV in December 2013 when SE restructured the company and Tabata took over XV
Tabata states they had increased the staff from 200 internal to 300-400 through external contractors from XPEC and HexaDrive.
>>
File: lol3.png (25KB, 1764x756px) Image search: [Google]
lol3.png
25KB, 1764x756px
>>379711012
>>
>>379711664
>yet by that same logic
No it's you being fucking retarded. He's saying versus has entered full production with type-0 already in full production. Thus both are in full production
>>
>>379711927
>with type-0 already in full production
How does it say that when Kitase's statement is talking about Type-0 and Versus under the same exact context, so anything you could infer about Versus form what he said is the same thing he is saying about Type-0.

He said they are giving it their 100% effort to Type-0 and Versus, he said nothing about "Versus is now in full development".

If you are trying to take that to mean he just said Versus entered full development then by the same logic it means he just said that about Type-0 too.
>>
File: You idiot.jpg (1MB, 1241x4193px) Image search: [Google]
You idiot.jpg
1MB, 1241x4193px
>>379711760
Not sure what's wrong with your internet, but I guess I'll just post the screencap from my phone
>>
Isn't an objective opinion just a fact?
>>
>>379712506
But that confirms that Versus only had 20 people.
>>
>>379711664
>which is much bigger than 20 people don't you fucking get? How could XV possibly have had only 20 people when the people from Versus, Type-0 and Luminous engine that were put into a single team for FFXV far exceed 20 people?
Nobody said this you fucking mong. They said the Versus team was 200 by early 2012, it was cut to 20 as Tabata came in with the wrecking crew to resculpt the game so it could release sooner, and then the staff escalated from there.

At that same exact point in 2012, Square Enix needed to transfer people to ARR, so I don't know why you're flabbergasted at people being removed from Versus at the exact point it was transforming. You don't need 200 people on staff when the higher ups are trying to figure out what to do with the failed husk of the game, in order to salvage it into FFXV
>>
>>379714410
>this anon's google translate summary is more accurate than this Italians translations because I said so
>>
>>379711012
>over an Italian's own translations
Literal greentext on 4chan. It could have been written by you for all we know.

The only text I trust at this point is the original Italian language post Ferrari made on FB, but since he's a cuck he deleted it. Waybackmachine doesn't work for me on FB either because of robots.txt
>>
>>379711012
>>379711760
I'm getting this too, anyone know what's up with the archive?
>>
>>379714961
Mooteczuma's Revenge. You're going to poop liquid fire for the next 24 hours
>>
>>379714698
Which is part of my point. xv-kun has been basing his entire argument on one anon's translation over another because it fits his narrative more. I've been asking for proof this entire thread and I had to find his source for him since he was being a faggot. Turns out, the source isn't as reliable as he claims.
>>
>>379698535
FFXV "superbosses"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTgs5Qve2I
>>
>>379714516
But Versus didn't have 200 people, it had 20 people, then they added Type-0, Luminous and other staff from SE to form the 200 people that they had in 2012, and in 2013 they still had 200 people.

There was only 20 people on Versus, not 200.

ARR had people pulled from all around SE starting in 2011. And Versus was rebooted to XV in July 2012 which is when it got its 200 member dev team and budget, and Tabata mentioned that in 2013 they started migrating more and more Luminous devs into the engine team. XV didn't somehow start with 20 people in 2012, it had 200 people and went on from there. Versus is the one that had only 20 people.

It makes absolutely no sense for Versus to somehow have 200 people, then they reboot it into a fucking mainline game but give it less devs than it had when it was a spinoff. There is no logical sense there.

And again even from Ferrari's own words from the translation you are clinging to it is impossible for XV to have only 20 people when it became XV because we already know for a fact that it had much more than 20 people on it, because it had the Versus staff, Type-0 staff, Luminous staff and others who joined.

ARR already had it's 14 2.0 team and SE was split into different divisions after it had its team, it also makes no sense for them to even put 200 devs on Versus in 2010/2011 only to pull them off a few months later. Versus never hit full development and it had only 20 people on it.

>>379714656
Sorry but what the fuck are you even trying to say? The post you just posted only helps to prove that there was 20 people on Versus and they gained 200 once it became XV.
>>
>>379715149
Sorry, I got lost in this whole discussion then
>>
>>379715360
>There was only 20 people on Versus, not 200.
Prove it. The neogaf and novacrystallis translations say otherwise
>>
>>379715313
>literally gets lucky with a luck based spell
>this is somehow bad
>You can kill adamantoise through regular combat in under 5 minutes anyway
>>
I don't get why they don't just move on, release the DLCs and be done with it. Free updates are fine but they'll take years. In that time they could make 1-2 other games with that engine and improve on it.
>>
>>379715360
>only helps to prove
No it doesn't.
>>
>>379699281
>a gimmick strategy that only works at Lv 99 is the same as a strategy that works at Lv 1 and slaughters everything
Really gets those central neurons firing.
>>
>>379715381
No worries m8
Reading this thread will give anyone headaches
>>
>>379715478
Your damage control is off the charts
>>
>>379715360
>And again even from Ferrari's own words from the translation you are clinging to it is impossible for XV to have only 20 people
in 2012 yes it was possible, because they had to revise the entire scope of the game, and cut out things, in order to get the game to ship in a reasonable amount of time

this is managerial/producer stuff and reasonably was done with Tabata and a small staff. 2012 was the year they rescoped the project, then Type-0 joined in

nobody is saying FFXV's staff was only 20 from 2012 onward. ferrari said the staff was 20 __at one point__ in 2012. reread the translation, christ
>>
>>379715474
The novacrystallis uses the neogaf translation from a single person, it doesn't even have the original italian there.

Again are you even reading what is being said to you? I have more than proven it is impossible for XV to have only had 20 people when it rebooted from Versus because we already know that they had Versus, Type-0 and Luminous staff on the game since 2012, which is far more than 20 people. Like what the fuck man? Why are you clinging to a mistranslation so desperately?

>>379715503
Yes it does, because that post is saying that Versus had 20 people on it and that it gained 200 devs, how is that not only helping to prove what I've been saying this whole time?
>>
>>379699497
>Dealing combos
Hold O with the occasional release to press O again is stronger than every directional input for every weapon with the sole exceptions of the Trident and Scepter.

>magic
Boring direct damage nukes with no utility.

>switching around
At least half your weapon slots are dedicated to stat boosts, you barely ever switch weapons in combat.

>armiger deals far more damage than only just doing an attack string
Armiger is an attack string you press L1+R1 at the beginning and the end, and is completely brainless.
>>
>>379715762
>I have more than proven it is impossible for XV to have only had 20 people when it rebooted from Versus because we already know that they had Versus, Type-0 and Luminous staff on the game since 2012, which is far more than 20 people.
Because the cut happened before Tabata joined. According to the translation.

>Why are you clinging to a mistranslation so desperately?
Prove that it's mistranslated
>>
>>379715640
Says the desperate shitposter.

>>379715558
Now this is damage control. That's from a level 1 Critical mode playthrough.
>>
>>379691825
it is. it will soon be forgotten. the fact that they still keep developing and patching it seems puzzling to me.
>>
>>379715762
>how is that not only helping to prove what I've been saying this whole time?
You literally couldn't even source where you got the fucking stupid idea in the first place and I had to find it for you. And you know for a fact that that anon's translation is 100% accurate because?
>>
>>379693186
>Its great
>When you push buttons in battle, things happen

Play any good action combat game and you'll quickly realize how shitty the combat in ffxv feels.
>>
>>379715643
>in 2012 yes it was possible,
No it isn't.

>because they had to revise the entire scope of the game
They merged the Versus, Type-0 and Luminous teams and had 200 people. Ferrari even says in 2013 they had 200 people.

Why would they go
June 2012 still Versus staff = 200
July 2012 rebooted to XV and merged in Type-0 staff, Luminous engine staff and Versus staff to make XV staff = 20 people
January 2013 as XV now = 200 people

That makes no fucking sense, when it actually went like

June 2012 still Versus = 20 people
July 2012 rebooted to XV and merged in Type-0 staff, Luminous engine staff and Versus staff to make XV staff = 200 people
January 2013 as XV now = 200 people, still.

What Ferrari is actually saying is that they had 20 people on Versus and then 200 people on it as XV when they rebooted it to XV, when they merged in other teams into it.

It makes no sense for them to have had 200 then 20 when they were EXPANDING the fucking project into AAA mainline status, giving it a full budget and brought in new Luminous engine staff to coexist with the Ebony engine staff, which they in 2013 had merged the two engines into one engine.
>>
>>379715993
I have and XV feels great, nice shitpost though.
>>
>>379716415
>Ferrari even says in 2013 they had 200 people.
No he doesn't. He said >>379710719

>The staff -200 souls- had to work when the story still wasn't completely definied. In fact, this story kept changing every 3 months and the definitive delivery date for the game was for the end of 2014 (who would have thought it would have been pushed back to November 2016?).

He doesn't say that it was in 2013.
>>
>>379716539
No one cares barry
>>
>>379691825
It is, but good luck getting XV-kun tier faggots to realize it's a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>379715478
>being able to instant kill a boss whose primary gimmick is being a damage sponge is a good thing
>>
>>379715931
>That's from a level 1 Critical mode playthrough.
That's from a Lv 99 speed run, Lv 1 damage looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G23g8fkXDAc
>>
Is the frametime still shit on the base ps4?
>>
Threadly reminder XV kun thinks Haste effects wouldn't be useful in realtime combat, Gravisphere=Demi and the 9999 damage cap isn't a damage cap.
>>
>>379715921
>Because the cut happened before Tabata joined. According to the translation.

But the translation is saying they had 20 people when Tabata joined, which is fucking wrong because we know they had 200 people when it started as XV, and they had 200 people only a few months alter still in 2013, as Ferrari states they had 200 people in 2013, where he was still on the game.

Ergo it makes no fucking sense for them to have gone 200 devs, to 20, to 200 devs within the span of a few months, when the actual logical conclusion is they went from 20 devs to 200 devs, then still have 200 devs a few months later. Which also factors in the fact that they added more people to the team when it became XV which is why the team increased from 20 from Versus to 200 including the Type-0, Luminous staff etc staff.

>>379716556
See >>379711664

That part where he talks about 200 people and the story changing every 3 months and not even being defined is him talking about what happened during 2013, because he's talking about FFXV and the game became FFXV in July 2012 and Ferrari was on the game as FFXV until December 2013.

Regardless he is talking about stuff that happened before he left in December 2013, so either way his statement about 200 devs either implies it was something that was there since it became XV, aka in 2012, or it was him talking about 200 devs for FFXV in 2013. Regardless he is talking about 200 devs specifically for FFXV while he was on the project, which was from when it started as XV to December 2013.

So which one are you going to flip flop onto now?
>>
>>379716556
lol I just realized
>Ferrari even says in 2013 they had 200 people.
The anon >>379712506 didn't mention that ferrari said that
So xv-kun is basing his arguments on the neogaf google translation http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327881#post227127355 here.
Reminder that here he said >>379707230
>You are clinging to faulty translations
While doing it himself later in the thread. kek

/autistic post
>>
File: 1385399986623.gif (2MB, 251x185px) Image search: [Google]
1385399986623.gif
2MB, 251x185px
>>379700954
>get BTFO
>b-but google translate!
Oh FFXV-kun
>>
>>379717691
He's ironically relying on google translate to back his arguments up right now
>>
File: rekd lol.png (215KB, 1002x1618px) Image search: [Google]
rekd lol.png
215KB, 1002x1618px
>>379717037
No it is from a level 1 critical mode playthrough.

>>379717168
Threadly reminder that SBK91 thinks Haste would be but can't give any ARPGs that use it to its benefit let alone make use of Haste, he also doesn't know that gravisphere is gravia aka demi and doesn't know the difference between a damage cap and max damage the system is capable of.
>>
>>379717405
>But the translation is saying they had 20 people when Tabata joined
true

>which is fucking wrong because we know they had 200 people when it started as XV,
proof

>and they had 200 people only a few months alter still in 2013,
proof

>as Ferrari states they had 200 people in 2013, where he was still on the game.
he said that when the staff has 200 people, the story wasn't defined, and that it changed every 3 months. He doesn't mention FFXV at all in that sentence, and he doesn't mention the word "2013."

You're assuming these responses are chronological, because you're retarded and don't know the context. These were compiled FB questions on a picture he uploaded to his page, from different people. That's whey there's a [...] ellipses between his story about >>379710719 his experience from 2010 to 2013.

All we know is that, when the staff was at 200, it was hell. He doesn't say which year that is. Ergo "200 -> downsize to 20 -> bulk up with freed Type-0 staff after the conversion to FF15" is the most logical reading of it, because the only time he mentions 200 is "before the staff was sliced down to 20 in 2012."

Then it ballooned to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960140/combined after they figured out what they were going to do with the salvaged remnants of Versus in order to turn it into a proper mainline FF.
>>
>>379717440
No, I'm basic my statement from Ferrari's own one that I read back when he posted it, and like I mentioned twice already it seems as though Ferrari has since deleted that comment, it was in response to a "Sara" but you can see his responses to a "Sara" there aren't the comments he made talking about the dev team.
>>
>>379718003
>but can't give any ARPGs that use it to its benefit let alone make use of Haste
Shadow over Mystara. That sure was hard.
>>
>>379701339
ask again in 5 years time
>>
>>379718221
>I'm basic my statement from Ferrari's own one that I read back when he posted it
>I'm right because I said so pls believe me
kek, you're a known pathological liar. Way to kill any credibility in your arguments, this whole argument was fucking pointless then. kill yourself and don't post again
>>
>>379718236
>he had to google the one arpg that uses it
>it's literally who: the game
Wow man it must sure be a great useful thing in ARPGs if only one game uses it
>>
>>379718510
>I haven't heard of it so it's obscure and you googled it hurr durr
Holy shit dude, literally everyone who played beat em ups at ALL know about the D&D arcade games.

Burst mode in Ys games is basically Haste too.
>>
>>379710521
I'm with this guy. Wada fucked shit up big time.
>>
>>379718178
Holy fucking shit man you really can't be this fucking delusional. If anyone here doesn't know how to understand context it's you.

He's specifically talking about what happened once they got 200 members, which is for FFXV, he is talking about them having no defined story and it was changing every three months in regards to FFXV.

>true
No it's not true because when Tabata joined XV is when they added the Type-0 team to the Versus team along with Luminous devs, that alone is more than 20 people. So there couldn't have been only 20 people on the team when Tabata joined, as he joined along with the Type-0 team and the Luminous staff to mix into the Versus staff to form the 200 devs.

>proof
See above, the sheer fact that the Type-0 team merged with the Versus team alone is more than 20 people

>proof
Ferrari's own statement about them having 200 people when it was changing every three months. Which was when he was on the team when it was FFXV, which was between July 2012 though December 2013.

>. He doesn't mention FFXV at all in that sentence, and he doesn't mention the word "2013.
Talk about failing to understand contenxt. He's literally talking about that in relation to FFXV and what happened in 2013.

I've already told you I've seen the original posts and he's talking in relation to 2013.

The game when it was Versus had 20 people, it gained 200 people when Tabata and the Type-0 team joined and they put in the Luminous staff too, and it still had 200 people in 2013 where Ferrari is saying that the story changes where happening every three months and nothing was defined.

There is absolutely no logical reasoning for Versus somehow having 200 devs when it never started full development.

Meanwhile there is every logical reasoning for Versus to have had only 20 devs, it gaining 200 when they merged Type-0 and Luminous staff to Versus team in 2012 when it became XV, and them still having 200 in 2013.
>>
>>379691825
Game's great but it's not as good as pre-XII FFs.

>FFs keeps adding more and more summons
>This game has a micropenis of summons

I know it's supposed to be quality vs quantity but sir I don't like that
>>
>>379719291
>Holy fucking shit man you really can't be this fucking delusional
The definition of irony
>>
>>379718480
You are the one that is denying reality because you want to cling to a mistranslation for some fucking reason.
>>
>>379691937
Lol delusional
>>
>>379719294
I wouldn't mind if there was at least one optional summon or something, but there's nothing and Bahamut can't even be summoned outside of the final boss even though the animation for it basicly exists.
>>
>>379719418
>denying reality
Nope. I gave my sources. You on the other hand are just saying "I swear I saw it once 7 months ago and this is what it said pls believe me". You have given no proof. You have run around in circles. Kill yourself
>>
>>379718719
>Literally a random DnD spinoff from 1996
>His only example
>A literally who game from 1996
>It's not even in 3D
So if it's such a great thing why aren't game like KH using it? How is Burst in Ys "haste" any more than using Armiger in XV which increases all your movement speed, attack speed, warp speed while its active?
>>
>>379719720
You gave 1 source which uses the same source as the other, both a post on neogaf.

You are denying what it actually said because you want to cling to a mistranslation, as if novacrystallis hasn't posted mistranslations from other sources in the past either.

I've already explained to you how it's physically impossible for what you're trying to argue to be the case because there was way too many contradictions against what you're trying to say, while there isn't any contradictions against what I'm saying because what I'm saying is firmly the reality of what happened.
>>
>>379719751
Just because your retarded ass didn't know about it doesn't mean it's a literally who game.
>>
>>379720057
>You gave 1 source
And it still more sources than you have given
>You are denying what it actually said because you want to cling to a mistranslation
Irony
>what I'm saying because what I'm saying is my theory on what happened pls believe me
kill yourself
>>
>>379715558
It's a level 1 run, but it's a glitch that only works when you're emulating the game. On a PS2/PS3/PS4 that strat doesn't work. For some reason on an emulator Goofy Tornado resets revenge values on hit so you can infinitely combo while Goofy continues spinning. If you did that while actually playing the game you'd just die after 10 hits or so when you activate his revenge value.

Meanwhile the FFXV webm is someone intentionally playing unoptimally, sort of like a truestyle video except instead of impressive it's just sad since it's basically a real ARPG with terrible controls when played like that, instead of the clusterfuck that the actual gameplay is.
>>
>>379718003
>No it is from a level 1 critical mode playthrough.
With stat grinding, which takes hours and makes it the same as Lv 99.

>>379718003
>Threadly reminder that SBK91
The guy that did a Lv 1 run? Where's yours?

>thinks Haste would be but can't give any ARPGs that use it to its benefit
Dragon's Dogma.

>let alone make use of Haste
>if it's not called Haste it isn't a speed buff
kek

>he also doesn't know that gravisphere is gravia aka demi
Gravity deals damage based on enemy HP. So does Demi. Gravisphere doesn't.

>doesn't know the difference between a damage cap and max damage the system is capable of.
9999 is the damage cap, the max the system is capable of is based purely on computing power, which hasn't been an issue since at least the PS2 days.
>>
>>379719751
>How is Burst in Ys "haste" any more than using Armiger in XV which increases all your movement speed
It doesn't increase your walking or jumping speed at all.

>attack speed
It isn't speeding up any attack animations, it gives you new ones.

>warp speed
It's the slowest warp attack in the game.
>>
>>379720531
Technically it's not about computing power, it's about the variable type. Any game with a damage cap of 9999 will (probably) have the same maximum system damage as an old game with a damage cap of 9999 (most likely 65535) since that uses the least memory and is the most optimized option. The difference is that modern games will most likely have some sort of failsafe to ensure that damage isn't calculated beyond 9999 so you don't end up with overflow errors.
>>
>>379693186

When will it end....
>>
>>379720710
>Any game with a damage cap of 9999 will (probably) have the same maximum system damage as an old game with a damage cap of 9999 (most likely 65535)
You can hit for over a million in IZJS.
>>
File: 42-07.png (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
42-07.png
14KB, 200x200px
>>379708542
>while driving on the train tracks to get into Gralea
That part pissed me off so much. They had not on rails driving in this game, but for some reason nobody thought to implement it on the fucking roads.
>>
>>379720932
That's because IZJS removed the 9999 cap entirely instead of just having certain attacks be uncapped like vanilla FFXII. However both versions of FFXII still used a larger damage variable for damage that goes beyond 65535 since there were uncapped attacks in vanilla that could hit for more than 65535 damage (eg Black Hole). IZJS removed the damage cap so that spells like Scathe wouldn't be worthless.
>>
>Leviathan fight in FFXV
QTE fest, could swap Leviathan out for the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with a jetpack and it would still work, mechanically
>Leviathan fight in a shitty FF MMO
Unique fight mechanics that require coordination and are thematically fitting with Leviathan's motif
>>
>>379721354
The Levi Ex fight in 14 is nuts, i wish any fight in XV was as challenging as any of the ex fights in 14
>>
>>379721124
Spells like Scathe were still worthless in the end due to effect capacity.
>>
>>379721734
Didn't Scathe deal like 50k damage in IZJS? Been a while since I played it
>>
>>379721695
It's a bit of an unfair comparison since FFXIV has the best boss fights in the series presentation-wise
>>
>>379702384
People who dislike FF15 need to actually come up with their own opinions before they just spout bullshit like stupid contrarian faggots.

>Even though this exact thing exists in another game but takes more time, it's better because I liked it more this way.
>I only care about it being optional in games that I like

So chocobo hot and cold was fun? Was it fun to read a guide to get all the astrology signs? Taking a random screenshot of the overworld and making you walk to that exact spot is a good example of a sidequest? How about playing the game inhumanly fast to earn a weapon that'll be effectively worthless by the time you get it?

All the sidequests besides maybe ONE were steaming piles of shit. The fact you'll defend those but bash FF15 mean that it's not even the gameplay, you're just angry about the game it exists in.
>>
File: 1482970079043.png (22KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482970079043.png
22KB, 234x200px
>tfw want to try out xi and xiv but don't care for mmo's
>>
>>379722020
Aren't they both free? I know at least FFXIV is free up to level 35
>>
>>379722020
Just try out 14 you can level every class to lvl 35. I don't care about MMos either but 14 is pretty fun especially if you played other FF games.
>>
>>379721734
Having one mage in your party worked pretty well for nuking and gumming up the queue for enemies.
>>
>>379721943
>Taking a random screenshot of the overworld and making you walk to that exact spot is a good example of a sidequest?
One of the side quests in XV were collecting arbitrarily located frogs, it is the worst side quest I have ever encountered in a video game. Compare this to the Wutai side quest in VII and it's just depressing.
>>
>>379692767
I was just pondering this. I don't give a fuck about the topic at hand.

Like, methodology could be considered opinion-based, right? But you can also demonstrably prove how certain methods are better at reaching the intended outcome than others.
>>
>>379691825
I thought the story was very compelling and the battle system was enjoyable. Your opinion carries no weight.
>>
>>379723613
>Your opinion carries no weight.
To be fair, neither does yours really. Nor mine
>>
File: opinions.jpg (83KB, 853x607px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
83KB, 853x607px
>>379723771
>>
>>379723838
damn...
>>
>>379720192
>Still literally who random 2D beat em up RPG
>Only game
Again if its so good why don't ARPGs like KH use it?

>>379720664
It increases your movement speed when attacking as well as warping.

>It isn't speeding up any attack animations, it gives you new ones.
So it's giving you new sped up attacks, aka a state where you are attacking at higher speed than regular attacks do.

>It's the slowest warp attack in the game.
I didn't say warpstrike I said warp, learn the difference you dipshit. Noctis autowarps to any targetted enemy while Armiger is active which means he moves around faster to different targeted enemies than you can do just from regular attacks normally.

>>379720531
>B-BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT
It's still a level 1 playthrough on Critical SBK91

And you havn't posted proof you did anything, meanwhile you still talk out of your ass every fucking time you post.

>Dragons Dogma
Really so if it's so good why doesn't KH use it? Why doesn't Mana use it?

>denies that Armiger increases speed for when you attack and warp around, something which a speedbuff would do, while at the same time arguing semantics over what haste is
Classic SBK91.

>He still doesn't know that Gravisphere is Gravia aka Demi
>He's still trying to argue semantics because he was wrong

>He still doesn't know the difference between a damage cap and max system damage possible.
>He thinks max system damage is a hardware thing
>He thinks a game where you attacks can do 9999 means you are being capped from some appart higher tier of attack, when all 9999 means is that you are doing the most amount of attack possible in complete whole, aka you aren't capped.

>>379720449
>He's seriously fucking grasping this hard because he was BTFO
>>
File: 1496613488525.png (4KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
1496613488525.png
4KB, 324x271px
>ffxv threads
>>
>>379723906
>>He's seriously fucking grasping this hard because he was BTFO
Grasping at what?
>>
He comes back after almost an hour just to scream again
why
>>
>>379720339
>And it still more sources than you have given
Except I already told you my source was the actual statement he made, and that his original post is deleted now, so what the fuck else am I supposed to do? All that exists at this point is google translate and a faulty translation

Here is the full google translate I found, but the original Italian post is now forever lost because it was deleted.

>Sara Bardi: I remember an interview where their Sakaguchi said that today feels awkward longer handle such large projects. I believe it was referred to bravely Default, which in fact exist on a more simple and less expensive platform on which to develop.

>Roberto Ferrari: Hello Sara, I confirm what he said Sakaguchi about the great productions of the highest quality videogames: no longer agree. But we must say that they are very disorganized. We staff -200 souls in it- we found ourselves in the vorare even when the story had not been defined. In 2013, in fact, this blessed story kept changing every three months and the deadline for delivery of the game -That definitively had been set for the end of 2014 (who would have imagined that they would then pulled for long until you get November 2016?). In the world of animation, however, (the world where I come from) the story is catalyzed guide before calling in if its staff to avoid this type of waste. I'd like to tell you that I have prepared for the remake of FFVII fantastic things but considering all the limitations to which I had to submit (they are all too closely linked to the original) was not possible to give vent to my imagination. Let's hope so

And again I've already fucking explained to you how you are wrong even ignoring Ferrari's statements about the game. Nothing I've said is a "theory". Type-0 team merging to the Versus team is a fact, them putting Luminous devs into the team is a fact. There being more than 20 people on Type-0 who came to XV is a fact, that alone means there was more than 20 people.
>>
File: Samefag.jpg (36KB, 717x430px) Image search: [Google]
Samefag.jpg
36KB, 717x430px
>>379723952
>FFXV threads
>>
>>379724152
Probably had to change trains or some shit, if he could he would be here 24/7 it's the only place where he can't be banned permanently
>>
>>379723314
>were collecting arbitrarily located frogs
So just like in FF9.
>>
>>379691825
>negative criticism in the OP
>mandatory +400 comments
Has FFXV seriously not given up? You can't even have a genuine discussion about this games faults without him shoving it down your throat.

>can't die
One of the developers was at momocon doing a panel and this was literally one of their platforms for this game. The category was "game over prevention", he quite literally said their goal was to make getting a game over impossible. It's like they don't even understand the point of a videogame anymore...

The worst part of all this is I know that Square is going to spend all of their time at E3 talking about how they're going to fix this disaster, rather than cutting their loses and zoning in on KH3 and FFVIIR.
>>
File: 1496903902949.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496903902949.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>379693186
You wanna know the sad thing about that WEBM you posted? It shows how shitty the gameplay is. Up circle, d-pad up, Circle (slight delay) circle, delay, Circle (slight delay) circle...
That's the only combo in the game and it's just an ad infinium combo reset. The funny part? It's applied to every weapon type. FFXV praisers swear this game has a combo system when in reality it's just a standard attack reset with occasional weapon switching...
>>
File: quina-japanese-12.jpg (271KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quina-japanese-12.jpg
271KB, 1280x720px
>>379724358
Quina's frog mini game was fun though and actually had a modicum of strategy to it since you would want to optimize the frogs collected by always leaving a pair of male and female frogs, you weren't searching a random area on the map for frogs that were smaller than Noctis' hands and deliberately hidden to artificially extend the length of the mission.

XV had one good side quest and that was the Deadeye hunt.
>>
>>379724162
>Except I already told you my source was the actual statement he made
>because I said so
>and a faulty translation
>because I said so
>only one post of the group of posts
>uses google translate while condemning it earlier>>379700954
The motherfucking irony. Kill yourself xv-kun
>>
>>379724130
That that is somehow a glitch and that playing XV like that is unoptimal. Like you're in damage control because people enjoy the game while doing flashy stuff which kills things dead just as easily if not more so than other methods.
>>
Is it even okay to say that I liked the game?
>>
>>379724857
Sure
>>
>>379724857
Sure, why not. Is it okay to say that i enjoyed only a few aspects of it but overall think it's mediocre?
>>
>>379724569
You know the sad thing is you have no clue what you're talking about, weapons have different swings on different directional inputs compared to regular attack swing without a directional input, but you wouldn't know anything about that, nor do you know that switching your weapons can be done mid combo to chain the combo to a different weapon, where you can see the hit counter stays up during one combo even when switching weapons. Because you are encouraged to switch weapons on the fly to change up the combos on your own.
>>
I wish they kept the weapon abilites from Duscae. The animations still exist, but it was way better when you could just do them with a button press and when each weapon had both passive and active abilites so even a weapon with worse stats could be useful sometimes. Now you just pick the weapon that has the best stats
>>
>>379692095
HOW BOUT THE DECALS
>>
>>379724589
It was the same thing, you're doing the same thing. Stop being contrarian just for the sake of it.

All the dungeon quests, on tour quests and plenty of the NPC quests were good. Just because it also had fetch quests doesn't mean shit, every FF has fetch quests, and the type of quests in XV aren't any different to what you find in them.

How is getting an item for Cid so he can give you a cool upgraded weapon any different than finding an item and giving it to a dude to get a weapon in FF1?

How is stumbling upon a dungeon by going off the intended path and finding a large optional boss at the end not what you also have done in plenty of previous FFs?

How is something like getting Ignis's glasses back from the black chocobo and doing a bit of sneaking to not get spotted somehow any different in principal to those weird on off things in FF6 or FF7?
>>
>>379691825
>Mfw I love FFXV and there's nothing anyone can do about it
>Mfw I'm gonna get all the DLCs for it too

Stay mad OPee.
>>
>>379724976
Sure.
>>
worst thing about it is that there will never ever be a sequel like X-2 where you play as Luna, Aranea, Iris and Cidney
>>
>>379724857
>>379725027
Of course.

That doesn't mean you can't mock the fuck out of the blind fanboys though.
>>
>>379725634
>genuinely wanting that
The games bad enough already...
>>
>>379725634
Just wait 3-4 years and you can play as them
>>
>>379724592
I told you my source was Ferrari's own statement. Jesus fucking christ can you even read?

Did you even read what I just fucking said about that google translate statement? Even without his statements there is enough proof to prove you wrong and you have already been proven wrong.

Fact: Type-0 has more than 20 devs on it
Fact 2: Versus merged with Type-0 devs and Luminous devs in 2012 to form the FFXV team
Fact 3: therefore the FFXV team had much more than 20 devs

That fact alone already contradicts what you're trying to cling that Ferrari somehow said, when what he actually said was that Versus had 20 devs, they added Type-0 team to it then 200 devs.

You are fucking wrong, there cannot possibly have been only 20 devs on XV when it started because there is more than 20 devs who were brought onto the FFXV team when it started. Jesus fucking Christ why is this simple fact so hard for you to comprehend?
>>
>>379725708
meant to quote >>379724976
>>
>>379725787
>my source was Ferrari's own statement
No it's what you believe he said, not the actual thing
I can do the same thing, saying how he and nomura jacked each other off and it wouldn't mean jack shit without the source
>That fact alone already contradicts
kek, every post in this conversation is just you contradicting yourself and damage controlling
>>
>>379724857
Be careful because people will jump down your throat if you defend the game and claim you ignore the flaws the game has, even if you acknowledged them multiple times.
>>
>>379724635
>That that is somehow a glitch
Because it is?
>palying XV like that is unoptimal
Playing FFXV doing anything but holding down O, using items to heal, and spamming Ignis' buff is unoptimal.
>>
>>379726206
>No it's what you believe he said, not the actual thing
No it's what he actually said, which I have seen, and I also saw his google translated post months ago but that's beside the point, I've already seen his original post so I know what he said.

And the thing is you know I'm right bu you're too fucking in denial to admit it.

Even now you're going full fucking damage control because you were wrong.

Again
Fact: Type-0 has more than 20 devs on it
Fact 2: Versus merged with Type-0 devs and Luminous devs in 2012 to form the FFXV team
Fact 3: therefore the FFXV team had much more than 20 devs

It is therefore impossible for XV to have had only 20 people when it was rebooted from Versus, when it clearly had more than 20 people on it. Therefore Ferrari's statement somehow being him saying "versus had 200 people and XV had 20" is a faulty translation, when he's actually saying Versus had 20 people and XV had 200, which is the only thing that makes any logical sense regardless of his statement.

>>379726639
No it is not, and holding O and spamming items is the most unoptimal way to play because it's the slowest method, the least amount of damage being dealt, the most downtime because you are constantly being knocked into danger state and not doing as much damage you could be doing from magic, weapon switching combos, warpstrikes etc.
>>
>>379723906
>It increases your movement speed when attacking as well as warping.
It doesn't affect your movement speed whatsoever. Those are attacks.

>So it's giving you new sped up attacks
Instead of speeding up your older ones. That's why Final Form isn't a speed buff, it isn't buffing the speed of anything.

>aka a state where you are attacking at higher speed
Because you're using different attacks that happen to be faster. It is not a speed buff like DMC3/4's DT is.

>Noctis autowarps to any targetted enemy
As part of a new attack animation, once again that isn't the same as buffing the speed of the warp function.

Also, funny you're claiming its a speed buff when it's making an attack far, far slower.

>which means he moves around faster to different targeted enemies
Which has nothing to do with his base movement, it's no different than solo Trinity in KH2. God you're dumb.

>It's still a level 1 playthrough on Critical SBK91
That maxes stats, something that no one considers when doing a Lv 1 run because it makes it functionally like a normal run and is only doable by grinding for hours postgame. You may as well claim every boss in FFXV is a complete joke because you can fight them in NG+++ with three or four Swords of the Father equipped, a maxed Ascension board and three Dark Matters.

>And you havn't posted proof you did anything
Because I'm not SBK91, who has indeed done a Lv 1 run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNnfOXQtjUY

>Really so if it's so good
Are you actually arguing it isn't?

>why doesn't KH use it
Because there are only so many assets that can be added to a game due to resource constraints and it not being the developers intention? Nothing comparable to Bayonetta 1's Rodin weapon is in FFXV or KH, is that shit now too?

>something which a speedbuff would do
A speed buff would make your core moveset faster. Armiger replaces it.
>>
>>379726856
>No it is not, and holding O and spamming items is the most unoptimal way to play because it's the slowest method,
Wrong.
>the least amount of damage being dealt
Wrong.
>the most downtime
yes, clearly I mean for you to hold O even when obvious damage is coming in. No, then you switch to holding square for a bit, or pressing triangle once.
>magic
>damage
oh I am laffin
Magic is literally useless outside CC
>weapon switching combos
net DPS loss
>warpstrikes
Massive DPS loss.

Sounds like you only enjoy the game because you're bad at it
>>
Literally the only thing I hate about it is the backstreet boys main cast. Which indirectly make me not care about anything else
If they made a purely visual mod to replace them with cute girls I'd give it a 9.75/10

Their mistake was not to pander to waifufags with lower standards like me.
>>
File: 1497105302681.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1497105302681.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>loving and defending FFXV
>>
>>379723906
>He still doesn't know that Gravisphere is Gravia aka Demi
Please explain in what way Gravisphere is Gravity or Demi when it doesn't function like them at all.

>He's still trying to argue semantics
>game mechanics are semantics
Did you forget your medication this morning?

>He still doesn't know the difference between a damage cap and max system damage possible.
>XV has abilities to specifically let you break 9999 damage
>b-b-but 9999 is the max damage possible.

>He thinks a game where you attacks can do 9999 means you are being capped from some appart higher tier of attack
The 'higher tier attack' being able to deal more than 9999 means the 9999 is indeed a cap to your damage.

>when all 9999 means is that you are doing the most amount of attack possible in complete whole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix18KqYmyrE
Oh look, 1,000,000+ damage from a standard attack. 9999 is so totally the 'most amount you can possibly do'.
>>
>>379726856
>No it's what he actually said, which I have seen
kek, that isn't and will never be actual proof. "Because I say so" is desperate and pathetic
>just repeats himself because he ran out of arguments and knows for a fact how full of shit he is
double kek. I hope arguing from 8pm to 4 in the morning was worth it for you because you have once again made a fool out of yourself. Good night, you dumb faggot. Remember to kill yourself after reading this
>>
>>379727062
>Those are attacks.
Which is doing those attacks through movement. Fuck you're dumb

>Instead of speeding up your older ones.
And? It's speeding up the character regardless and you have a speed up state where attacks are faster than regular attacks plus warps are intergrated into the lockon of just simply attacking meaning you are zipping around fast as fuck seamlessly through just atttacking when it's active. It is buffing your attack, your speed through attack speed being increased and the warps that happen, also increases defense because the barrier swords deflect projectiles

>B-BUT IT'S A DIFFERENT ATTACK
Irrelevant, it's higher speed attack and faster movement through attacking regardless, aka it's a speed buff in addition to all the other stuff it adds.

It's making attacks far more faster while it attacks with the physcail weapons Noctis's is swinging in ADDITION to the swords stabbing into the enemies on their own which is also dealing attack, therefore it is dealing more damage faster than any other regular attack does.

It has everything to do with movement, because warp is movement, you are fucking retarded SBK91.

>B-BUT IT'S MAX STATS SO IT DOESN"T COUNT
It's level 1, it doesn't fucking matter, stop with your denial because you were BTFO.

>I-I'M NOT HIM BUT I HAVE LINKS TO """""HIS""""" YOUTUBE
Jesus christ SBK91, not only do you bullshit about being him but you're also bullshitting about everything you've said. You still can't post proof while at the same time denying everything.

>Are you actually arguing it isn't?
Where is it in KH?

>b-bcuz excuse
So it doesn't do it because the devs didn't care to put it in since it didn't need it.

>A speed buff would make your core moveset faster.
Armiger is a super state where your attack combo has a new attack combo not any different than how switching a weapon in the game has different combos for different weapon types with combos.
>>
>>379691825
OP you are 100% correct but fanbois don't care
>>
>>379726856
>No it is not
it LITERALLY is.
>>
>>379698535
What did he even do to defeat her so quickly like that? NG+?
>>
>>379729074
Looks like food, good recipes are broken as fuck in XV
>>
File: rULQDR1g0L2WM0gz.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rULQDR1g0L2WM0gz.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379727091
>Wrong.
Except it is.

>Wrong.
Except it is.

>clearly I mean for you to hold O even when obvious damage is coming in.
So you were full of shit after all.

>No, then you switch to holding square for a bit, or pressing triangle once.
So you're already backpedaling.

>oh I am laffin
>Magic is literally useless outside CC
So you know fuck all about magic when it's strong as fuck and sends enemies into a state where then doing further combo damage means you are doing more damage because they were made vulnerable, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

>net DPS loss
There is no DPS loss because you can do it seamlessly mid combo.

>Massive DPS loss.
Not when warpstrike damage it deals is far, and some warpstrikes like shield of the just warpstrike does quicker AOE damage at higher damage than regular attack does

Show me another regular attack which can knock 10 MTs down from max HP to half HP in a single hit. If I wanted to I could have just warpstriked again and killed all the MTs in two warpstrike hits with shield of the just, but I decided to just see how long they would last until only 1 enemy was left before I did it again.

If I wanted to do regular sword combos against them for example it would take much longer while I would have been constantly taking damage from magitek assasins you weren't attacking since there was 10 of them.

>>379727657
Gravisphere is Graviga which is demi, stop arguing semantics.

>SBK91 literally doesn't know what semantics are
>He literally doesn't know what the limit break ability does just takes OFF any cap you have, meaning 9999 is you without a damage cap

There being 9999 attack means it's the absolute max fucking attack you are doing in a single hit, that is a system max, not a damage cap

>b-but FF12 has 1000000 on single attack
And? What the fuck does that prove other than FF12 has it's high attack go above the represented value?

All 9999 means is that the value of strongest attack is shown as 9999.
>>
>>379727776
>kek, that isn't and will never be actual proof. "Because I say so" is desperate and pathetic
Yes it is and you are in denial about it because you were proven wrong. And even using the google translate and "faulty" translation proves your own fucking assertion wrong.

>he admits he was just pretending to be retarded
Oh so you are cancer.

>>379728675
No it isn't.
>>
>>379728209
>Which is doing those attacks through movement.
It's 'doing those attacks' through their animations, which includes a teleport portion. It isn't making your normal walking/running/jumping speed faster.

>And?
So it's not buffing anything, it's replacing them.

>It's speeding up the character
It's giving him a different attack, that is not the same as a multiplicative speed buff like DD and DMC have.

>you have a speed up state where attacks are faster than regular attacks
Because they're different faster attacks. Again, it's not speeding your core attacks up.

>plus warps are intergrated into the lockon
That was already a thing with several weapons. Armiger doesn't make warp faster.

>meaning you are zipping around fast as fuck seamlessly
lol no.

>It is buffing your attack
It is replacing your standard attacks for different ones.

>your speed through attack speed being increased
No attacks are having their speed increased, you are simply using different attacks.

>Irrelevant
It is not irrelevant because we're talking about speed buffs, ie things that make attacks faster. Armiger is replacing, not augmenting, them.

>aka it's a speed buff
Please link to Armiger letting you cast Alterna faster.

>It's making attacks far more faster
Please stop repeating this lie. It isn't speeding up any of Noctis's weapons, he is simply using different attacks than he normally would, which happen to be faster than his core weapon movesets.

>in ADDITION to the swords stabbing into the enemies on their own
This has absolutely nothing to do with being a speed buff.

>therefore it is dealing more damage faster than any other regular attack does.
Too bad we aren't talking about Armiger increasing damage, but Armiger being a speed buff, which it isn't.

>It's level 1, it doesn't fucking matter
Oh, ok, then Aranea is a pushover because she can be fought with 4 Swords of the Father and 3 Dark Matters at Lv 120 in NG+++. Do you deny this?
>>
>>379729331
>No it isn't.
Then post the video and not a webm.
>>
>>379728209
>I-I'M NOT HIM BUT I HAVE LINKS TO """""HIS""""" YOUTUBE
This may surprise you XV kun, but you aren't the only one who can use Google.

>you're also bullshitting about everything you've said
Really? Demi doesn't deal damage based on enemy HP? Since when?

>You still can't post proof
Of myself? No. Of your GFAGs butt buddy doing an easy challenge run you're too frightened to? Yes.

>Where is it in KH?
What does being in KH have to do with being useful? Tons of things, like the Alucard Shield, aren't in KH yet are useful. Are you claiming speed buffs aren't useful, yes or no?

>So it doesn't do it because the devs didn't care to put it in since it didn't need it.
Yes, like how they chose not to incorporate the Alucard Shield. What does this have to do with it being useful?

>not any different than how switching a weapon in the game has different combos for different weapon types with combos.
Which isn't a speed buff. Glad we're in agreement then.
>>
Don't know why you guys add arguing about the Armiger's speed when it is just an all around terrible excuse for a super mode.
>>
>>379720057
>You are denying what it actually said because you want to cling to a mistranslation

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227150985&postcount=454

That's wrong though, because Philippe makes further posts in the same thread that apparently you haven't read. The "story is a mess and had 200 staff" comment refers to the time before Tabata.

At least do your own damn research before invoking the neogaf thread
>>
>>379731738
This, you basicly just shoot weapon out of your ass while you do sped up normal attack animations
>>
>>379729195
>Gravisphere is Graviga which is demi
You're just arguing from assertion now. What makes Gravisphere Demi, don't just say it is.

>He literally doesn't know what the limit break ability does just takes OFF any cap you have
First, it doesn't remove the cap, it just raises it. Second, if it lets you deal more than 9999 damage by removing damage, then by definition 9999 is a damage cap.

>There being 9999 attack means it's the absolute max fucking attack you are doing in a single hit
Because its what they capped the damage out. Damage capping is retarded.

>What the fuck does that prove
That 9999 is a damage cap.

>other than FF12
Which had 9999 as the damage cap in vanilla before IZJS removed it. It's a damage cap.

>All 9999 means is that the value of strongest attack is shown as 9999.
No, it means the most damage you can do in one hit is 9999, which is a retarded system.
>>
File: Armiger vs Regular.webm (3MB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armiger vs Regular.webm
3MB, 960x1080px
>>379729512
Except it's making your attack faster as well as your movement because it's part of the fucking attack you goddamn retard.

It's buffing you by giving you stronger attack and new attacks, it's not "replacing them" any more than switching a weapon is.

Jesus fucking christ you are literally in denial if you don't think it's faster.

>B-BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT ATTACKS IT DOESN"T COUNT
Why the fuck does it matter if they are different attacks when it's still a super state when you have stronger attacks at faster speed and it also makes your movement while attacking faster, which you're literally in denial about?

>Armiger doesn't make warp faster.
Really so you're telling me him moving between enemies that fast isn't giving a warp to attacks?

>lol no.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FUCK, LOOK AT THE WEBM YOU BLIND FUCK HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

>It is replacing your standard attacks for different ones.
See above. Irrelevant.

>No attacks are having their speed increased, you are simply using different attacks.
So just like using Daggers compared to regular sword where daggers are faster, so using Armiger compared to daggers are faster than that too.

>Increasing your speed, movement and attack through armiger somehow isn't a buff because it's using a new faster attack

>Please link to Armiger letting you cast Alterna faster.
What does casting alterna have to do with anything? Why are you ignoring that you can move and attack faster through attacks when Armiger is activated.

>lie.
HA

>This has absolutely nothing to do with being a speed buff.
It has to do with attacking with multiple hits at once meaning higher damage being dealt faster

>b-b-but having triple NG irrelevant fucking argument
Fucking lol this denial. It doesn't fucking matter if you grind stats when it's still a single playthrough at level 1, stop the fucking denial you retard.

>>379730358
Then why does that youtube not showup when searchign SBK91? How would you even know it's HIS youtube anyway?
>>
>>379731738
>Don't know why you guys add arguing about the Armiger's speed
XV kun once argued that speed buffs weren't useful in games with real time combat to defend FFXV not having Haste, then he brought up Armiger for whatever reason. I completely agree Armiger is awful.
>>
>>379730358
>Really? Demi doesn't deal damage based on enemy HP? Since when?
Still trying to argue semantics because you don't know demi is graviga which is what gravisphere is.

>Of myself? No. Of your GFAGs butt buddy doing an easy challenge run you're too frightened to? Yes.
>SBK91 literally on fucking damage control because he got exposed

So tell me how did you find SBK91's youtube account if googling SBK91 doesn't bring up his youtube, how would you have found it unless you knew exactly where it was, because you are him? Also fucking lol it took you THIS fucking long to even get an FFXV video if that is you, and even more funny because you posted a link to that youtube account a few days ago which was just 1 day after that FFXV video even got posted, meaning if that is you it 1: took you months to even get an FFXV video after you had been shitposting for months against the game, and 2: that video doesn't even prove anything other it's fighting a random bandersnatch

So it's not in KH because it's not useful? Oh too bad.

So you're bringing up some irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with speed buffs? Man you really love moving the goalposts all the time.

>Which isn't a speed buff
But it is, see >>379735726

>>379730132
>He's literally in denial.

>>379736204
If Haste is useful then why doesn't KH have it? Why doesnt Mana have it? Why doesn't Soulsborne have it? Why doesn't Witcher have it? Why are you ignoring what Armiger actually does as shown here >>379735726 which clearly does show an increase in speed, which you are in fucking denial about it?

>>379731934
Except we know it was rewritten because Ferrari says that the script is different to the one he read in 2011, damn you're really grasping.

>>379735602
Gravisphere is graviga, deal with it.

First of all it does because that is what it does, second there is no cap because you are doing 9999 aka system max.

There is no cap on that you fuck. You are literally so fucking stupid it hurts.
>>
>>379735726
>Except it's making your attack faster
It isn't doing that all, it just makes Noctis teleport every once in a while. Your webm showed how shitty it is.

>It's buffing you by giving you stronger attack and new attacks
Which isn't the same as augmenting your regular attacks nor is a speed buff in the sense of Haste.

>it's not "replacing them" any more than switching a weapon is.
Weapon switching is swapping to a different moveset.

>Jesus fucking christ you are literally in denial if you don't think it's faster.
Outside the random teleports, it isn't.

>Why the fuck does it matter
Because it isn't a speed buff. Speed buffs increase the speed of attacks by X. Giving you different attacks isn't doing that.

>when it's still a super state
I'm not arguing it isn't a super state dumb fuck, I'm arguing it isn't a Haste like speed buff because it isn't.

>Really so you're telling me him moving between enemies that fast isn't giving a warp to attacks?
It's altering their animation to start with a teleport, like several weapons already do. The warp function (triangle) is not a smidge faster.

>spazzing out like a retard backflipping for no reason is 'seamlessly' zipping around
No.

>See above.
The above didn't address anything, just shitty caps lock to cover up your non-argument.

>So just like using Daggers compared to regular sword where daggers are faster
Which isn't a speed buff in any way. How are you not getting this.

>because it's using a new faster attack
Correct. A speed buff like Haste would have you using all your normal attacks faster and stack with Armiger.

>What does casting alterna have to do with anything?
Speed buffs make you do things faster. Armiger doesn't let you cast faster, and therefore isn't a speed buff.

>Why are you ignoring that you can move and attack faster
Because that isn't being done by speeding up animations, but replacing them with different ones.
>>
>>379699281
>KH2 combat
Square Square Square etc
>FFXV combat
R1+Triangle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTgs5Qve2I
>>
>>379725423
>It was the same thing, you're doing the same thing.
No you are not, one is a mini game the other is a horrific fetch quest that offers zero world building or character development.
>>
>>379735726
>It has to do with attacking with multiple hits at once
Like Final Form in KH2, which also isn't a speed buff.

>meaning higher damage being dealt faster
Which is done by tons of things that aren't speed buffs, like Muscle Stimulants and Enhancement.

>It doesn't fucking matter if you grind stats
The point of Lv 1 is to beat things in unlevelled conditions, ie relying on the damage floor. Stat grinding defeats that point.

Glad you agree every boss is a joke in XV then.

>Then why does that youtube not showup when searchign SBK91?
Because not everyone uses the same user name for all their accounts?

>How would you even know it's HIS youtube anyway?
Because I can use Google: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187182-resident-evil-4/74756198

>>379737383
>Still trying to argue semantics
Game mechanics aren't semantics, they define how things work. Gravisphere doesn't function at like Demi, and therefore isn't.

>So tell me how did you find SBK91's youtube account
By spending a minute trying different word combinations on Google.

>Also fucking lol it took you THIS fucking long to even get an FFXV video if that is you
It isn't, glad we settled that.

>that video doesn't even prove anything
It proves your favorite boogeyman has beaten the game at Lv 1, have you?

>So it's not in KH because it's not useful?
>the fucking Alucard Shield isn't useful
Are you really willing to sink to such depths to defend your shitty game?

>So you're bringing up some irrelevant shit
Like you did by bringing up KH when discussing the usefulness of speed buffs, as if any particular game lacking something meant that something wasn't useful?

And you still haven't directly answered whether speed buffs are useful or not, because you know they are and won't admit you're wrong.

>If Haste is useful then why doesn't KH have it?
Same reason it doesn't have Bravery, magic buffs aren't KH's thing.

>Why doesn't Soulsborne have it?
Because it'd give PvP fags a brain aneurysm.
>>
>>379737383
>Except we know it was rewritten because Ferrari says that the script is different to the one he read in 2011, damn you're really grasping.

You're not understanding the point. Ferrari confirms that the "story is rewritten every 3 months" through Philippo, which is in the same sentence as "the team was 200 large." This means that the team was 200 large during Versus, which you have foolishly and adamantly rejected this entire time.

Keep living with your head under the sand. Versus' team was 200 in 2012 before it got slashed down.
>>
Wowsers, it's really that bad huh? I was gonna get it used since it's super cheap now.
>>
File: FFXV-Combat.webm (3MB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-Combat.webm
3MB, 600x350px
>>379743336
>it's really that bad huh
Yes.
>>
>>379743560
What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>379691825
yeah it's bad, pretty though.

i suppose though it's good that they keep trying new stuff, it has worked more than it hasn't. the thing that will signal the death of final fantasy as a fun series is when the next game uses the same system as the previous one. or they start just trying to leverage the love people have for the older games for an easy buck.
>>
>>379743336
If you really want to get it just wait for the PC version and pirate it, it's basicly in early access right now
>>
>>379737383
>Why doesn't Witcher have it?
Same reason KH and FFXV don't while Dragon's Dogma does, because of the dev teams decided to go that route.

>which clearly does show an increase in speed
By adding in some teleports and new attacks. No attack is being sped up.

>Gravisphere is graviga
Argument from assertion, try again.

>First of all it does because that is what it does
No it doesn't, you can't deal more than 99999 damage a hit even with break damage limit in X or XV.

>second there is no cap because you are doing 9999 aka system max.
>break damage limit doesn't let you deal more than 9999 per hit even though it's function is to let you deal more than 9999 per hit
The fuck did I just read.

>There is no cap on that you fuck
Outside damage overload, please link to a single example of dealing more than 9999 damage in a FF game when the damage indicator shows you dealt 9999.
>>
>>379743835
An abortion
>>
File: 1496254651761.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1496254651761.png
367KB, 568x454px
>>379744000
>PC
I only have a laptop which could probably function as an actual toaster.
>>
>>379697970
also you get some really good forks early on, which make quina usable while her blue magic is still lame

i didn't use frogdrop for ozma, it may have been useful but i kinda needed her to use her turn on autolife and angel's snack to fix curse
i used freya for the 9999 damage
>>
>>379746191
>Quina
>Her
The Protect Girls skill doesn't work with Quina.
>>
File: consider the following 3.gif (331KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following 3.gif
331KB, 480x480px
>>379748258
>The Protect Girls skill doesn't work with Quina.
>>
>>379748258
does it not? that's interesting, it's he/she in the dialog i think, but idk it has a pink dress
>>
>>379701950
>Jesus christ xv-kun, it's almost E3 just give it a rest for one day
This. Stop acting like a faggot and schilling for a dead game for one fucking day and enjoy e3 jesus christ it's not that hard.
>>
>>379708542
Lol keep defending the shitty gal
>>
>>379752080
The worst part is, I had a stronger attachment to the Regalia than I did Luna.
>>
>>379739282
>Webm literally shows faster attacks and movement through warps is making him move faster while attacking with armiger compared to just regular attacks
You blind cunt just admit you're wrong

You are objectively wrong on what you think a buff is or on Armiger somehow not boosting speed for movement through warps and attacking, which the webm here >>379735726
shows

You are 100% objectively blown the fuck out in every single aspect. I'm not going to bother with any more of your shitposts about buffs or speed because you are unequivocally blown the fuck out in every single conceivable aspect over this with visual proof completely destroying your dipshit dumbfuck lies.

>>379741751
So XV is better.

>>379742302
Except it is the same thing because both involve you doing the same thing and is literally you doing the frog cathching because you are helping out a professor in her research by finding frogs who emerged because of the strange phenomenon to do with the longer nights, aka the plague of the stars, which is objectively part of world building because it's one of the earliest parts where you start seeing the world affected by the longer nights caused from the plague.

>>379743037
No because unlike final form Armiger is actually useful. Again you were already BTFO in every single way, Armiger objectively increases attack, speed and movement through warps.

The point of level 1 is being at level 1, stop with your fucking denian SBK91 you utter cunt.

>SBK91 still on immense fucking damage control
>google to some random resident evil thread that has nothing to do with FFXV and would never show up on google search results when searching SBK91

>SBK91 still trying to argue semantics while having no idea what semantics are

You mean by creating the account and uploading videos to it then posting a link to it because it's your account? What serach combination did you use to find it? Searching SBK and youtube shows a bunch of random shit that has nothing to di
>>
FFXV is legitimately one of the worst ARPGs ever made. I've played almost every one that isn't a Diablo clone.
>>
>>379743037
So please tell me how could you have possibly found a link to that youtube account that you are desperately trying to pretend isn't you, when there is no search results that would even have that gamefaqs post that show up in the search results unless you know exactly who he is because you ARE him. Holy fuck you have literally exposed yourself you fuck.

>SBK91 still has no clue what semantics are and doesn't know that gravisphere is graviga aka demi

>SBK91 still trying to pretend he isn't SBK91 and that "h-he is just a boogeyman s-stop calling me out!?"
My sides, it's obvious you are a vapid shitcunt who hadn't even played FFXV when it came out or even for months, and doubtful you even have any idea what the fuck you are talking about because no one who has played it shows the sheer fucking stupidy and ignorance that you show about every fucking game mechanic and aspect of the game or game design for action games in general, but you're a lying cunting failed abortion so you have ot keep bullshitting so you can shill KH2FM because your an underage KH drone.

So Haste isn't in KH because it's not needed, aka there's no reason for it? So you admit KH2FM is complete gutter trash.

>SBK91 has no idea what sourlsborne is
So are you saying games with online don't use haste? What about MMORPGs that use them? Holy fuck you're retarded beyond comprehension.

>>379743140
Except the story being rewritten every three months was him talking about FFXV in 2013, which literlaly every fucking person in that thread understood the statement to mean, no one is talking about "Versus" somehow being rewritten every three months or having 200 people, because Ferrari was talking about FFXV, which again you were already proven wrong on this point here >>379717405

And the original Italian specifically said "2013", which is why it shows up in the google translated version of the post here >>379724162

2013 wouldn't show up being mentioned in a google translate otherwise.
>>
>>379753720
>which literlaly every fucking person in that thread understood the statement to mean,
That's a boldfaced lie because Philippo was the Italian who translated the facebook comments. Go fuck yourself you deceptive wench.
>>
>>379753285
>Webm literally shows faster attacks
The attacks aren't particularly fast, they just have warps cutting in. Nothing's being sped up.

>You blind cunt just admit you're wrong
Why would I admit I'm wrong when your webm shows I'm right?

>You are objectively wrong on what you think a buff is
More argument from assertion. Armiger is not increasing the speed of animations, and is therefore not a speed buff. It's that simple.

>You are 100% objectively blown the fuck out in every single aspect.
Nice headcanon. Now, please link to Armiger speeding up Alterna's cast time.

>I'm not going to bother with any more of your shitposts about buffs or speed because
You're wrong and have no argument.

>blown the fuck out in every single conceivable aspect over this
>won't directly answer whether if speed buffs are useful or not because he doesn't like how it makes him look
>asks for an example of an ARPG with a speed buff, is given one and ignores it
>implies every game has to have every mechanic for it to be useful, then runs away when the Alucard Shield was brought up
Sure.

>No because unlike final form Armiger is actually useful.
Please explain how stronger stunlocking magic isn't useful.

>Again you were already BTFO in every single way
Where. Be specific.

>Armiger objectively increases attack
Funny how the fastest kill strategies don't bother with it.

>speed and movement through warps.
Which isn't a speed buff because it's not actually speeding up animations.

>The point of level 1 is being at level 1
And fighting as though you were at Lv 1. Stat grinding changes that, which is why the speedrunners never count it.

>still on immense fucking damage control
Not an argument.

>google to some random resident evil thread that has nothing to do with FFXV
>he didn't read the thread
What a surprise.
>>
>>379743336
>>379743560
>>379744587

>SBK91 samefagging again

>>379743835
SBK91 is posting some retard playing like shit, regular combat looks like this >>379693186

>>379744203
So basically KH doesn't because it doesn't need it? Good for you admitting KH2FM is complete shit in your opinion

The attack is dealing attacks faster than any other regular combo so yes it is, fuck off you were already BTFO and it is clearly attacking faster and warping between attacks meaning movement while attacking is faster than regular attacking too, as shown here >>379735726

Stay fucking wrecked you stupid fucking cunt.

>>379753471
>SBK91 still samefagging

>>379752080
>gets BTFO
>s-stop defending her!?

>>379751845
>>379701950
Why don't you fucks ever say anything to SBK91 who is a million times worse than anything I ever do?

>>379754178
Did you even read the thread? Did you even read the orignial post? Why is no other "italian" that is talking to ferrari commenting on that either? Oh it's because he was talking about FFXV in 2013, which is why 2013 even showed up in the google translate of that post, "2013" wouldn't somehow show up in a google translation unless the original text already says "2013" You are the one trying to fucking lie and cling to mistranslations.
>>
Why are you arguing about a dissapointing game like this when you can catch dissapointment at E3?
>>
>>379754916
Name a worse ARPG than FFXV to come out within the past five years.
>>
>>379755227
I think this xv fanboy has lost his marbles
>>
>>379691916
XVkun?
>>
>>379755227
Aren't Sony and Nintendo still days away? Everything else is irrelevant
>>
>>379754916
Not an argument
>>
>>379755293
The FFXV demo, easy
>>379755461
He spent years dedicating his life to shilling FFXV and put all his faith into it saving videogames or whatever, what you're seeing is an extremely long first stage of grief.
>>
>>379755461
That's correct but when's the square one, wonder if he'll shitpost in other threads about whatever XIV/VX expansion or the KH and FF7 remake news pops up.
>>
>>379693186
Notice how that webm dare not show the spears full combo animation. Take a look ingame if you have it, using it just feels fucking awful in terms of response and animations.
>>
>>379755680
Platinum? Cause man i wish it would still play like Duscae
>>
>>379754916
>Did you even read the thread? Did you even read the orignial post?
Yes, half of it is shitposting about Cindy because Neogaf is full of Puritans.

> Why is no other "italian" that is talking to ferrari commenting on that either?
There is one other Italian who translated, but it wasn't the FB page, it was some other article from an Italian gaming site.

>Oh it's because he was talking about FFXV in 2013, which is why 2013 even showed up in the google translate of that post,
Because google translate is shit, like you said yourself. "Mistranslation"
>>
Combat system was awful. I liked most other aspects of the game until Chapter 13 though. The game had a lot of potential and if they implement all that stuff they put in the survey it should turn out pretty good.
>>
>>379755708
>when's the square one
they don't have a dedicated conference like they did a couple years ago this time. They have 3 days of livestream of shit no one cares about except for dissidia.
If kh3/7Re do show up somehow, it'll be during the sony conference on monday and it's already certain he'll be shitposting in those threads if they do show something
>>
Which was the bigger disappointment? DNF or FFXV?
>>
>>379756106
I don't know what DNF is but FFXV is the most disappointing game of all time and I've played Phantom Pain. At least Phantom Pain had good gameplay.
>>
>>379756207
Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
>>379756103
Not too bad, he won't be able to keep up with the 100 posts a second, not like it will stop him of course
>>
>>379754810
>warps increase speed between attacks
>fast attacks happening dealing more damage faster than any regular attack combo does
>B-BUT NOTHING IS SPED UP
Keep going with that denial SBK91 you vapid fucking cunt.

The webm literally shows you are wrong and you are STILL in fucking denial. Holy shit just kill yourself already you failed abortion.

You have literally no fucking clue what you are talking about and have been completely fucking destroyed in every fucking way.

See >>379735726

You're literally BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

>increasing movement speed isn't a buff because
So you have no argument, like always.

The point of being at level 1 is being at level 1, doesn't fucking matter what else you do, who fucking cares about speedrunners you fucking faggot? Speedrunning has nothing to do with anything said here.
>He's still on fucking damage control because he's BTFO but can't deal with it and has to say shit like "durr where" because he can't fucking admit he was destroyed

So what did you google search to find that link to that gamefaqs thread? No, if you're claiming to not be SBK91 then how the fuck would you find that thread just by googling SBK91?

>>379755293
DA:I,Witcher 3, KH0.2, KHDDD, KH2FM from KH2.5, KH1FM on KH1.5 too and BBSFM on 2.5 too.

>>379755680
Says the faggot who spend years of your life dedicating to shitting in XV and put all your faith on it somehow bombing and failing when it was a success in every single way, and now you're on damage control because of your years of shitposting.

>>379755812
Notice how in that combo you see that it is weapon switching because you are encounraged to and you can build your combo so it plays out how you want to by switching mid combo

>>379755975
>He didn't real the actual thread

And you clearly have lost your argument because the fact that there is even "2013" mentioned at all to begin with means it's talking about 2013, which I have seen the original post which mentions 2013 too,
>>
>>379756261
At least you got a blowjob in that game, what did you get in XV?
>>
>>379756106
XV for me, i can always play a better Duke Nukem, but i can't just go and play a better FFXV
>>
>>379756379
>which I have seen the original post which mentions 2013 too,
Yeah then post it.
>>
>>379756379
>Says the faggot who spend years of your life dedicating to shitting in XV
Not me lol
>>
>>379756431
sex with prompto?
>>
>>379756207
>>379756106
>>379756445

Samefag.

FFXV is easily one of the best FFs ever and is an actual great game. DNF is complete trash and TPP had its ending cut out, at least XV has it's ending with a satisfying conclusion in it.

>>379756431
You get nothing from DNF other than cancer. XV gives you a great fucking game.

>>379756459
See >>379724162
Actually read what I said in that post you fucking idiot.
>>
>>379756431
>what did you get in XV?
Memes
>>
>>379707341
From the outcome I don't think Tabata should ever be put in charge either.
>>
>>379756628
>Samefag
Yeah surely only one person on this planet can dislike things about FFXV. Get out of your fucking bubble
>>
>>379756628
FFXV isn't even as good as the shitty MMO salvaged from the ashes of the 4.0 failure.
>>
>>379756628
>XV gives you a great fucking game.
Whoops meant to say Persona 5.
>>
>>379756690
Who even is Tabata? I don't remember hearing his name at all before FFXV.
>>
>>379756717
>>379756724
>>379756757
You can stop trying to samefag so hard when it's obvious you are. Resetting your IP and phoneposting is what you always fucking do, you're such fucking cancer.
>>
>>379756690
Tabata should've never been put in charge after being the director of Crisis Core, the start of destroying the VII universe.
>>
>>379756839
You're the only samefag in here, friend.
>>
>>379708542
This is the most pathetic post I have ever fucking seen, Holy shit.
>>
File: 1475715285998.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1475715285998.png
1MB, 852x854px
Am i the only one that reads a every xv-kun post in an arrogant voice? It just kinda fits.
>>
>>379756106
DNF. XV was good.
>>
>>379756690
I agree, which is partially how this shitstorm started. This entire thread is about who should be fired, Nomura or Tabata, and IMO they both should be.

Or at the very least, they should be banned from being a director or producer for the rest of their career

>>379756628
>Actually read what I said in that post you fucking idiot.
You're posting a google translation so why should I bother? You don't even have the original and you've been proven to be a liar, so I don't trust anything from you beyond the original source.
>>
>>379756891
>>379756902
>He's still fucking samefagging.

>>379756886
Advent Children happened before that.
>>
>>379756886
Holy shit, Tabata was in charge of that fucking abomination?
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea putting him in charge of a real game?
>>
>>379756827
Literally a Monster Rancher guy who got hired by Square to make shitty phone/mobile spinoffs of FF.
>>
>>379698118
/v/ literally send a card to treehouse
We are that autistic too so fuck off
>>
>>379757114
No wonder FFXV plays itself, kek.
>>
>>379756953
>You're posting a google translation so why should I bother?
See? How did I know you would say this. You didn't read what I said now did you?

>>379757062
>He's still fucking samefagging while making obvious single minded agenda shitposts against Tabata and XV
>>
>>379757062
>>37975688
You're making it too obvious.
>>
>>379757062
He is also director of the masterpiece known as Third Birthday
>>
File: h-668_54922_03.jpg.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
h-668_54922_03.jpg.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
>>379756827
the faggot on the far left
Director of shit like third birthday, crisis core, and xv
>>
>>379757161
But it doesn't. You seem to be confused with FF12.
>>
File: Tabata.jpg (134KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
Tabata.jpg
134KB, 640x491px
Speaking with Game Informer, director Hajime Tabata says the narrative direction was entirely intentional – namely the important events that happened off-screen. “It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”

With this sort of narrative design philosophy in hand, Tabata said it was only natural to increase the proportion in which the main characters are depicted. “It’s not that we decreased the role of the side characters,” he explained. “Focusing on many characters in the game means that the allocation given to the main characters will decrease. Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story, we placed greater importance on the four main characters and strived to depict a world seen from their perspective.”
>>
>>379753285
>You mean by creating the account and uploading videos to it
No, I mean spending a few minutes on Google.

>What serach combination did you use to find it?
SBK91 el gigante. First result.

>>379753720
>So please tell me how could you have possibly found a link to that youtube account
By spending a few seconds looking for it. Wasn't hard.

>when there is no search results that would even have that gamefaqs post
I just noted it.

>still arguing from assertion
What a surprise.

>who hadn't even played FFXV when it came out or even for months
I had it day one.

>doubtful you even have any idea what the fuck you are talking about
Must be why I've cleared it at Lv 1 like your butt buddy. Why haven't you?

>that you show about every fucking game mechanic
Like Gravisphere, that doesn't act like Demi. Or Armiger, which doesn't act like Haste.

>ad hominem
Not an argument.

>so you can shill KH2FM
You're the one who brought up FM2, not me. You actually seem quite obsessed with it. Did it molest you as a child or something?

>So Haste isn't in KH because it's not needed
Like warpstrikes. They useless too?

>aka there's no reason for it
No, it doesn't fit KH's style, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful (like Bravery).

>So you admit KH2FM is complete gutter trash.
Please, explain in what way that follows from 'KH doesn't need speed buffs'.

>no idea what sourlsborne is
Games plagued by PvPfags.

>So are you saying games with online don't use haste?
No, I'm saying they aren't in Souls because the PvPfags would throw a fit, Souls is not synonymous with all online games. Don't burn strawmen.
>>
>>379757161
Uh, how does it?

>>379757297
>>379757267
>this obvious phonepost samefagging
>>
>>379757267
>>379757297
Toriyama wrote 3rd birthday and Nomura was creative producer and character designer on it, Tabata being director mainly focussed on the gameplay of it while he left the story and characters to Toriyama and Nomura.
>>
>>379757062
>Who the fuck thought it was a good idea putting him in charge of a real game?
Unironically, Tabata is Square's best choice because they've forced all the other talent out of the company, i.e. Sakaguchi, Matsuno, Yoshida, Tanaka, etc. etc.

Square has no good managers/directors left.
>>
>>379757423
xv will never be good and no one will ever love you barry
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>379757297
>Director of shit like third birthday, crisis core, and xv
How the fuck did they guy responsible for those two steaming turds get put on a real project instead of getting fired? No wonder Versus got turned to shit. I feel bad for the people forced to turn that good-looking game into the steaming pile we got.
>>379757310
Programming a game to play itself is slightly more engaging than holding a button for the game to play itself.
>>
>>379757523
>Tabata being director mainly focussed on the gameplay of it while he left the story and characters to Toriyama and Nomura.
lol nice bullshit
Thread posts: 548
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.