[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick one if you had to choose someone to develop your video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: developers.png (3MB, 1828x1080px) Image search: [Google]
developers.png
3MB, 1828x1080px
Pick one if you had to choose someone to develop your video game of your dreams within 4 years with a 4 million dollar budget
>>
>>379689459
Todd will make me the most money easily if he's allowed to PR
>>
Kojima-san
>>
>>379689459
Todd. Bitch at least gets decent results.
>>
gaben maybe carmack
>>
>>379689459
4 million dollars isn't enough for Kojima
>>
>>379689556
kojima will use all that budget on trailer hype. your game will be shit.
>>
Unrestrained kojima is god-tier. the rest are all low energy.
>>
>>379689459
Is this a joke? Why wouldn't you pick Todd?
>>
Todd, he has the best track record out of all these fags.
>>
>>379689693
>>379689571
>>379689550
>>379689704

I wonder who is behind this posts
>>
>>379689459
Whether it was good or bad, Kojima has at least been entertaining.
>>
Who's the guy between Gabe and Notch?
>>
Carmack
>>
>>379689796
johnathon blow
>>
Guys, Todd released Elder Scrolls Legend and nobody plays it, it has less player than fucking Gwent.

The only logical choice here is Gabe Newell, he already has Steam for advertisement and he has a rabid fanbase behind him that will buy anything he releases.
Besides he could make a very poor Half Life 1 remake that costs 500k to make and sell it for 30 jewerinos and i would already have quintupled my initial investment.
>>
File: 1483272891929.jpg (541KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
1483272891929.jpg
541KB, 1000x709px
>>379689459
Todd, I genuinely think he had the best intentions with Fallout 4 in regards to the voiced VA. I think he looked to games like Mass Effect and thought 'hey, why cant we do that?' without realizing that it kind of goes against Bethesda's push for radiant content.

All of the others are either
>No longer game devs or are focused primarily in the finances
>Only make games about themselves or critiquing the medium of games as a whole with the inability to be enjoyed in isolation
>Are actual con-men
>Are memes spread on 4chan and aren't really notable game devs.

The worst part about Todd would be that Pete Hines is a really bad influence on him, even then considering all of the others he is by far the best option.
>>
File: Einstein.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Einstein.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
jonathan blow, he's gaming's Einstein

Kojima would waste the buget and not make anythign new

Gaben would take too long

the rest of them are just idea guys or have shitty games
>>
>>379689459
who's the bald guy below phil fish?
>>
>>379689682
>thinking kojimbo can slap a game together for a mere 4 mill

This guy cant even make a doodlejump clone for under 4 millions
>>
The world needs more insane Peter Molyneux ideas.
>>
>>379689898
can todd make a video game under 4 mill? how much was fallout 4 budget?
>>
>4 years
So basically neither koji nor gaben
>4 million bucks
So basically 1 pictosecond of a kojima trailer
>>
>>379689870
>Todd released Elder Scrolls Legend
He literally didn't you little shit. Enjoy having a game released within 4 years only for it to be postponed for all eternity.
>>
>A bunch of talentless hacks
>Kojima, but he has no experience working on that low of a budget
>Gabe, but he's more of a business man with good tastes than a game developer.

I'd go with Gabe, he'd probably make something at least ok.

Also 4 million/4 years = 1 million a year = maybe 16 employees tops. But that's only including labor. 8-12 employees is much more likely.
>>
>>379690086
A rouge guess is 40 million since the team working on it was much smaller than MGSV and Witcher 3.
>>
File: john john.png (635KB, 725x725px) Image search: [Google]
john john.png
635KB, 725x725px
>>379689459
Obviously I pick Carmack.
>>
>>379691370
/thread
>>
>>379689459
>Pick one
But I would love to see Molyneux and Fish "work" together.
>>
Why wouldnt you pick Carmack?
>>
>>379689556
>licence couple of popular songs
>hire Hollywood actors
>no money left for the actual game

f-fuck konami...
>>
>>379691708
>molyneux+fish

but that would be sean murray
>>
File: 1496128625019.jpg (24KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496128625019.jpg
24KB, 500x350px
This guy.
>>
>>379689459
>Molyneux
Will use that $4 million to create a $30 million project that was actually a $120 million, 8 year project and hype it up until it crashes and burns and everyone's left suicidally depressed by the end.

>Inafune
Will steal the money and shit out a below-average turd.

>Murray
Will use the budget well, make a game with a single gimmick (bonus: maybe TWO gimmicks this time!) and design a 800 hour long game around it until everyone's left suicidally depressed by the end from lack of meaningful content.

>Toddler
Will make a short game for babies, a small list of features, diminutive creative capacity, and a bug will make every NPC a midget.

>Kojima
Will blow the entire budget on trailers and VA, forget to finish the game, then get called a genius by /v/.

>Poisson
lmao

>Carmack
Will use the money extremely efficiently, make the single greatest and most versatile engine, license the tech and make an absolute fortune, but no game will be made.

>Schafer
Won't understand the concept of budgeting, then run out of money barely 1/4 through development and slap something together at the last minute.

>Gaben
Will spend it all on an esoteric new storefront economy and will make billions, but never deliver a game.

>Blow
Will actually make a great game with interesting iterations on ideas and get jerked off as high art.

>Notch
Will toss a coin as to whether he turns the $4 million into a $4 billion empire, or abandon the project.

>Pitchford
Will steal that money and secretly use it for a new Borderlands, lie to your face and the world, then pin the blame for the unplayable dire piece of shit on you while trying to play it off as if they "ran out of funds" before blocking everyone on twitter and complaining that people don't like his games.

>Literally Wu
Will spend your money on a wild SanFran party where everyone mysteriously comes down with multiple STDs then blame male gamers for it.

Blow is the obvious choice.
>>
>>379689556
>Spends all his money trying to get with some horse faced bitch who looks like the scout and also trying to fuck norman reedus
>The rest goes to licensing songs that aren't even in the game

What now nigga
>>
File: bullying.png (2MB, 1856x1856px) Image search: [Google]
bullying.png
2MB, 1856x1856px
Chris Avellone
Then I tell him he has to rush out the game within a year instead of the expected 4 years promised.
>>
>>379689459
gaben
valve always makes good games the problem is they dont make games anymore
>>
>>379693842
4 million won't be enough to force him to do anything.
>>
Do not associate based Todd with those other shitheads
>>
>>379693910
except nothing in OP implies that you have to force the developer into making the game nor that they would be unwilling
>>
unironically, Todd Howard

I'm a sucker for bethesda rpg's
>>
Todd or Notch
>>
>>379693910
>pick any dev from pic
>budget 4m
>>Gaben
>hurr durr NO U CAN'T he won't
Autism?
>>
toddie boy, kojimbo, and gaben are the only valid choices, everyone else is a complete cock up that shouldn't be allowed to flush their own toilet let alone handle millions
todd's games are actually games, dumbed down or not, gaben's shittery comes from the steam platform and not making the games, the games themselves are fine, and kojima is just insane
notch isn't really bad, but he only ever got lucky with a clone done in java, not exactly dream game material especially when he ditched us for reddit
>>
>>379689459
>Molyneux
Too ambitious, but fails constantly
>Inafune
Con Man
>Murray
Con Man
>Todd
Too much PR, but decent results
>Kojima
Actually talented, but overambitious
>Phish
kek
>Carmack
Technical genius, I don't think he actually design games
>Schafer
I'm so funny, buy my game. Used to be good
>Gaben
Not a developer
>Blow
Legit genius, but too much smug
>Notch
one trick pony
>Randy
walking cancer
>This thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZhYYUMRa0
>>
Notch, the man knows how to appeal to a wide audience and make genuinely fun vidya. Once his project got too big and other people got involved it turned into a shitshow though.
Plus he seems like a chill dude.
>>
>all this Todd dicksucking itt
did bethesda send a bunch of shills over because of E3?
sorry toddy boy but every game you make is objectively worse than the last, fuck off
>>
I would go with Todd, the wise. He is the only one of those that would be able to develop the kind of fantasy game i want. Kojimbo while talented, would fill the characters with pretentious intellectualism and i have no use for Carmack since i'm not making a shooter.
>>
>>379694430
fuck off ubishill
>>
>>379694583
here's your (You)
>>
>>379694204
Which one do you pick though?
>>
>>379694430
Fuck off Obsidiot.
>>
@379694936
sorry i already gave you the 1 (You) you get, you should trying so hard :)
>>
>>379689459
Gabe assuming after 4 years he'd actually release the game.
Carmack if he has the id team.
Schaffer if he hires someone to keep him grounded.
>>
4 million US dollars is a really small budget for a 4 year development cycle. Would be enough to have like 18 employees (including taxes) in my country, and then I haven't counted any other costs like rent, gear, possible licenses or outsourced work, etc, so that number should probably be closer to 9. Counted on wages in software engineering in general though, I hear bad things about vidya development both in regards to paychecks and other aspects so they might be cheaper I suppose.
>>
>>379694204
How is Blow a genius?
>>
>>379694854
Probably Kojima, but the budget is too small for him. Otherwise Blow.
>>379695327
Both his game are amazing IMO. I hope he was less pretentious in his speeches.
>>
>>379695327
he makes puzzle games. I guess that warrants a "genius" title
>>
>>379689796
The guy who made Braid and then blew all his money making The Witness.
>>
>>379689459
Carmack. At least the engine would be top tier and moddable into what I actually wanted. He'd probably make it fucking VR though.

Most of the others would promise the world and deliver shit. Todd would reskin Skyrim again, Koji would deliver 1/10th of what I wanted but to a high quality. Gabe would produce hats, Fish would have a bitchfit and run off with the money, Brian Wu would say I never gave her the money, call me transphobic and block me and Randy just creeps me out too much to want to interact with him.
>>
File: My two asian fathers.png (456KB, 1060x397px) Image search: [Google]
My two asian fathers.png
456KB, 1060x397px
>>
Miyasaki could make Demon Souls 2 with 4 millon burgerdollars
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.