[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of your favorite LORE games? I'm generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].jpg (56KB, 575x327px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
56KB, 575x327px
What are some of your favorite LORE games?

I'm generally not big on a game having a TON of shit for the player to read like the Elder Scrolls games do for example where entire books will be written for you to stumble upon. In these cases I generally prefer audio diaries. Bamham, Bioshock and Dead Space were some of the big titles I remember doing this and I honestly liked it because it keeps the game flowing while also delivering your lore.

But man there's just something about scanning in Metroid Prime that I love. It was always short and sweet but informative while still being interesting. Learning about what the Space Pirates were doing in the labs or just telling you what these enemies are and how they're best dispatched. And the way they had important scannables and fluff scannables was great too because you had your big logs that filled in lore but you also had world building side logs that served no purpose other than to make the world feel lived in and real.
>>
File: 1478695615311.jpg (59KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1478695615311.jpg
59KB, 407x407px
>Be little chillum who loves science and nature
>Into gaming but mostly playing kiddy parent approved shit
>Play Metroid Prime on the demo unit at Walmart
>Totally blown away by the graphics and detail
>Save up my money and grab it used from EB Games
>MFW realizing how much stuff to scan there was

It just struck me perfectly, it was like a space biology game in it's own way. Loved it. Metroid Prime is why I'm a "serious" gamer. First game 100% completed too.
>>
File: 1465064190309.gif (43KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1465064190309.gif
43KB, 268x268px
Bloodborne lore is an obvious one.

It's mindblowingly detailed and well put together. The layers of references, symbology and subtext are DEEP.
>>
>>379685419

I've been meaning to replay. I feel like I rushed through it too much and didn't stop to smell the roses as much as I should have.
>>
File: 1445930249905.jpg (343KB, 1322x920px) Image search: [Google]
1445930249905.jpg
343KB, 1322x920px
Space pirate lore is best lore
>>
>>379686556
The best one is where they try and recreate the morph ball
>>
>>379685853
The layers are endless.

I can say almost with total certainty that they planned out the entire history of the Pthumerians and Yharnam,

After the fall of the Pthumeru civilization thanks to the beast scourge, the remainder of the Pthumeru royalty fled to the surface and founded Cainhurst. Nearby, they built a city and named it Yharnam, after their queen, as was tradition. Years later, Yharnam has forgotten it's Pthumerian origins and inquests begin at Bygenwerth. They find the remnants of Pthumeru and rediscover the arcane and blood ministration and the rest is.... history?
>>
File: Tempura_Wizard.jpg (100KB, 560x605px) Image search: [Google]
Tempura_Wizard.jpg
100KB, 560x605px
Every creature in Kid Icarus Uprising has lore. It's wild.
>>
>>379687245

Man that was such an underrated game and such a clear example of how talented a guy Sakurai is when left to his own devices to make what he wants to make. Easily the best game on the 3DS still imo. Nothing else like it.
>>
>>379686632
>Log 11.222.8

>Science Team is attempting to reverse-engineer Samus Aran's arsenal, based off data acquired from her assaults on our forces. Progress is slow, but steady. Command would dearly enjoy turning Aran's weapons against her. We believe we can implement Beam weapon prototypes in three cycles. Aran's Power Suit technology remains a mystery, especially the curious Morph Ball function. All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster; four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes. Science Team wisely decided to move on afterward.
>>
>>379687356
>>379686556

I've always loved the disconnect of space pirates looking like fucking savage monstrosities but in reality they're high functioning autists.
>>
>>379687338
>tfw I'll be 40 by the time the next game comes out
>>
>listening to an audio log while meandering through level
>something interrupts the audio log
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.