[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's such a shame that this series, with such deep lore,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 16

It's such a shame that this series, with such deep lore, political and religious organisations / beliefs and an entire continent the size of America hosting an unknown ancient civilization with a steam-punk themed setting in the heart of an island based empire during the heart of the industrial revolution will never be explored or played out properly.
Such wasted potential.

Really makes you think.
>>
All they need to do is abandon Corvo and Emily as characters. They're too high on the totem pole and nothing is really at stake because you know they aren't willing to let those characters actually "lose" since it would flip over the entire setting.

Switch back to Daud, or get a new guy in like an Overseer granted the Mark
>>
>>379680617
>an Overseer granted the Mark
That'd be really interesting.
>>
File: Map.jpg (3MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
3MB, 1920x1440px
>>379680617
What they should do is have you play as Anton Sokolov and his journey to the Pandyssian Continent in his younger yearas, then have the character switch to a crewman left behind on the continent (while the rest return to the Isles) and have you venture forward, find an outsider shrine (since there was evidence of that in the game letters of it taking place there) and thus a whole new premise.

Boom.
Make it like a discovery of Columbus and find natives / Aztecian civilization. It would probably sell really fucking well.
>>
>379680464
Yeah right, I'm sure you would do a better job at it than developpers themselves.
>>
What is it about the Dishonored games that is just a bit off, if you know what I mean?
Like they're ambitious, and they're a step above what devs like Ubisoft can put out, but there's just something stopping them from being the great games they could be.
>>
>>379680854
He would just be kicked out or killed
>>
>>379680873
At no point did i say i could.
I simply said they've set the premise, setting and lore to truly delve into the world they've created if only they move it from a stealth game or at the very least have us play as someone else, somewhere else on a larger scale with more lore.

Stop talking shit.
>>
>>379680958
>Like they're ambitious, and they're a step above what devs like Ubisoft can put out, but there's just something stopping them from being the great games they could be.

Their main plots are generally really bland, with the exception of Daud DLC. Mechanically they're solid as fuck.
>>
>second game is literally the first game's dlc rehashed into a 'new' game
>asspull delilah being jessamine's sister
>first game tells us 8 people are marked
>instead we get the same people from the first game

such a fucking waste indeed. blizzard levels of recycling.
>>
>>379680974
Really? Imagine that, a character in a Dishonored game, kicked out or killed.

That certainly wouldn't make an appropriate start point for an adventure.
>>
>>379680974
Thats what would make it fun, its extremely high stakes and you have to play it cool or you get merked.

Plus storywise you have room for some sweet internal conflict between his creed and the power he's been given.
>>
>>379680974
>have to use your powers without your underlings finding out
>eventually, if your bond is high enough with some of the less ardent, you can convert them to tolerating the magic
>or lie to the stupider ones and say it's "actually anti-outsider magic ;)"
>>
>>379681112
I think the mechanics are functional, but the combat is basic and the options afforded to you are situational at best. Most of the time you'll be blinking and choking.
>>
>>379680974
>He would just be kicked out
Dishonored, you might say.
>>
They totally fucked up everything story wise in dishonored 2 but its still fun. WHY DID THEY REHASH DELIAH. I'm gonna pull the SJW boogieman card to and they also had to make sokilov some oil drilling crusty retard. I think they are little bitches by putting black guards in dunwall but they dont show the black guards being hung at the end of the game fucking racists fags. they ruined the outsider too REEEEEEE
>>
>>379680958
I'm not kidding at all, but it's going to sound like I'm being facetious - they're hard to meme.

They're also hard to market, but word of mouth counts for a lot these days.
>>
>>379680464
They blew it by hiring feminist hacks like Cara Ellison to write Dishonored 2. Now no one cares about the story anymore.
>>
>>379682393
Who cared about the story in the first place? The writing went from bad to slightly worse, not really a big deal.
>>
>>379682465
i did. i actually enjoyed reading all the lore notes/books. wish the games would go deeper into whales, the game universe's natural philosophy, and all the shit going on pandyssia especially the origin of the rat plague.
>>
>>379683135
Buddy that's not story, that's worldbuilding, god does Dishonored have a great world though.
>>
>>379682393
>>379682465
Th'eres ALOT of lore in the game in journals and books. Honestly people don't appreciate this kind of shit.
>>
>>379683135
>the guy who doesn't know what capital letters are likes Dishonored's story
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>379680464
I'm more disappointed that they won't make DLC for this game like they did the first one due to it not selling as well. I was very dissatisfied with what I got this time around. I perfect stealthed the game my second time around.
I would have enjoyed seeing Billie's post-ending story expanded on and as a result seeing how Daud's story ends, too. I imagine it would have you playing as Billie then later Daud
>>
>>379683272
>I'm more disappointed that they won't make DLC for this game like they did the first one due to it not selling as well.

I've actually heard rumors a DLC might be announced this E3 but it's just rumors.

We'll find out soon.
>>
there's lot of story to tell in these games, shame the second game utterly blew it to the point where the ip will probably be shelved and arkane moving on to something else. what a shame.
>>
I don't get the hate for Dishonored 2 story, I thought it was fine, and was no worse or better than the first game.

And I don't give a shit about your SJW politicking bullshit.
>>
>>379683476
its a retelling of what we already played.

>SJW politicking bullshit.
literally not even the issue
>>
>>379683585
I always felt the story was in service of the gameplay, which is to say it's just a set up to put you in a bunch of open environments to do what you want.

The world building is the only thing I want more of.
>>
>>379683585
>its a retelling of what we already played.
That seems fair enough. I wouldn't mind seeing Corvo sent out on clandestine missions to subvert hostile countries or spy or something. But then there wouldn't be enough gorey killing, so it would sell even worse than it does now.
>>
>>379683746
Dishonored 2 would have sold just as well as the first game if they didn't fuck up the PC port on release. By the time they made it playable all the potential buyers had jumped ship.
>>
>>379683803
Definitely didn't help but honestly console sales are what they mostly look at.
>>
>>379683476
> I thought it was fine
It was nothing , like they didn't even bothered. But i don't find this a problem, i'm just little disappointed. Dishonored was clearly not designed to be a franchise so they didn't think it through. I hope story in Dis3 will be better
>>
>>379683476
It's so bland and it's impossible to care about. The villains have such little development that they just feel like an objective to solve and not someone you want to kill.
>>
>>379683746
id settle for new characters. like someone said above there's 8 people who are marked. the second game is retread and was only even remotely saved by the time travel level (which really felt like a demo for another game) and jin dosh's mansion.
>>
>>379683896
>console sales are what they mostly look at
The first Dishonored sold most on PC though
>>
>>379683803
I'm in agreement with you.
I've refunded the fucker twice because I want to play it but I refuse to deal with 20fps on low settings. Why oh why did they ever fucking decide that THIS was the game to try a new engine and style out on when the first one is timeless and beautiful and ran like a cheetah.
>>
>>379683936
>It was nothing , like they didn't even bothered.

Pretty much the same as the first, in fact I thought the hub area was even more tedious and boring in Dishonored 1, seeing emilys drawings react to your choices was cool though.

>It's so bland and it's impossible to care about. The villains have such little development that they just feel like an objective to solve and not someone you want to kill.

I thought they were equal to the first game, disagree.
>>
>>379684004
this is what pisses me off the most. why does everyone have to make their own frankenengine dumpster fire snowflake disaster instead of using what's proven. is id tech a nice engine? sure for doom shooters. does it suit dishonored? we all learned the answer to that the hard way.
>>
>>379684004
I tried it on PS4 when they had the free first hour thing, but the controls were ass.
I instantly went to buy it on pc but heard about the performance issues. They really shot themselves in the foot
>>
>>379684080
Oh come on mate, the Baron in particular gets one line at the start of the game before you go to kill him. Jindosh and the person who turns out to be the crown killer aren't established at all prior to their missions.
Arkane are bad at characters.
>>
If they ever make a third and they INSIST on still having Corvo and the Gang be the stars of the show, I want them to make it be about a potential conspiracy against them from the Overseers.
Something like there's an assassination attempt on Emily that fails and you have to sneak around the Overseer place and other areas after getting a lead that they tried to assassinate her due to Corvo and Emily being Marked
I honestly can't believe the Overseers are even kept around still when Corvo and Emily are both 'heretics' in their eyes and they do awful shit
>>
>>379684406
I'm not saying the characters are good in Dishonored 2, I'm just saying Dishonored 1 was no better. It's probably because I only played 2 recently but I don't remember a damn thing about the characters or story in 1 but I remember all the world building shit and the fun levels.

Both games concentrate on world building and gameplay, and I think they excel in both. I would totally be down for a better actual plot but I'm more than content that they know game comes first.
>>
>>379684406
>Baron in particular gets one line at the start of the game before you go to kill him.

The Baron has plenty of dialogue over the loud speakers in the game, and lots of tidbits in audio files and notes you find in the gameworld. He also has a lot of stuff you can evesdrop on in the mission you kill him. I think it's fine.
>>
File: 1494575081672.png (237KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1494575081672.png
237KB, 680x598px
>>379680958
i know EXACTLY what you mean

the problem is that Bioshock infinite exists

they will always be a poor man's infinite

ALSO; the art style is nasty and pale

and game mechanics are jack of all trades and master of none...sort of like Prey
>>
>>379680464

I've played only the first game but I think the """lore""" was forced and annoying. The game wanted so badly to make me care about things that just weren't interesting. By the way, scatting books around the environment is not a good method of storytelling in video games.

Imagine if you went to a theater to see a movie which supposedly exemplifies the art of storytelling in film, but your ticket came with 30 pages of text explaining the "lore" that supposedly makes the movie's story good, because they were too lazy to actually do the storytelling in the medium which you were trying to enjoy.
>>
>>379684817
>the problem is that Bioshock infinite exists

>they will always be a poor man's infinite

What terrible bait.

And if you're being honest, then I pity your terrible taste.
>>
You guys finish the second game?
A lot of you seem to be complaining about the focus on Emily/Corvo but the end of 2 clearly points to Billi Lurk being the protagonist for the next dlc/game.
>>
>>379685103
No shit but that nignog was terrible.
>>
>>379685103
>Billie Lurk

If that ever happens and we get a game with her I just can't wait for all the /pol/ shitposting.
>>
>>379685103
Naw, had to refund it. Fuck, I hated her. I killed the shit out of her as Daud.
>>
>>379684726
>if you go looking for it you can find out about him
Show, don't tell. Especially in a medium with such potential for it like videogames.
>>
>>379685231
>Show, don't tell. Especially in a medium with such potential for it like videogames.

Disagree completely, if I want cutscenes and bullshit I'll watch a movie. I like that there's shit in the game I can look for if I feel like it, but I don't want to be taken out of the gameplay.
>>
>>379685231
>Show, don't tell
The game literally shows you what the Baron is like the entire game. What the fuck.
>>
>>379685231
I hate that psuedo-intellectuals have co-opted this phrase and abused it.
It's "show not tell", not "spoonfeed and dumb down"
>>
>>379685181
>>379685173
Why didn't you like her?

And give me reasons other than "nigger".
>>
>>379685231
>Show, don't tell. Especially in a medium with such potential for it like videogames.

Do you realize how much they actually did this in the game?

There's so much visual story telling in the missions it's actually crazy, few games even compare to dishonored in this day and age.
>>
>>379685380
>has a good life, taken care of and trusted by Daud
>decides to try and Nothing Personnel Kid him cause of greed
>annoying fucking starscream character in the missions beforehand anyways
Didn't even know she was black till the mask was off anyways.
>>
>>379685527
Yeah, she was a bitch in the first game but she actually got meaningful character development in 2.

There was never a moment in 2 where I was thinking to myself "wow what an annoying cunt".
>>
>>379685316
>cutscenes
Never said that. Still though, you'd rather read books. Ridiculous.
>>379685374
Oh really? He just waltzes in at the start of the game, turns out he's evil, don't see him until his mission.
>>379685379
Non-response.
>>379685439
Like what.
>>
>>379685615
>Like what.
lol play the game
>>
>>379680464
I'd be fine with more dishonored games if they had just left Emily and Corvo in peace. Just let Emily live the life I fought for, damn it. You can explore the setting all you want after that.
>>
>>379685615
>Like what.

I'm not gonna sit here and methodically go through all the shit in the game that you could easily have seen if you actually played it.

If this is me conceding in the argument in your eyes so be it, but you clearly didn't play it or didn't pay attention to shit.
>>
I'll tell you what it is, it's the games being about FREEDOM, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT and not about crafting a polished and challenging game

The freedom dishonored gives you breaks the game, so it becomes a choice to even "play" the game and not just spam the fucking zip-around spell

This spell does so much wrong, it rushes the player so he doesn't take in the world, the story, everything

And that "freedom" that was picked over better design, is nothing special

It's just kill or don't kill everyone and kill or not-kill your targets

It's not interesting because it's scripted, why can I make this pointless choice anyways? Am I supposed to believe that I'm doing anything better by selling two brothers to be slaves for life in some mine until they die?

Or giving that woman to that crazy rapist?

It just makes no sense they would bother, make us an assassin, scripted shit is unfitting in a game about "freedom" anyways

They're just messy games really
>>
>>379685527
>decides to try and Nothing Personnel Kid him cause of greed
If you are low chaos she tells you why she did all of it.
That she doesn't want to see her home fall to plague and wants a peaceful life. If you read the note she leaves behind there is even the moment where she finds out you had the same desire to leave as her and that you really are like family and she tells you where she planned to go.
>>
>>379685653
>>379685752
What a cop-out. I played the game, the characters were fucking terrible. You very rarely feel a personal connection to what you're trying to do.
I know you can just lie about it, but first playthrough did you decide to kill or spare targets based on what chaos level/playstyle you chose to stick with at the start of the game, or because of how you felt about the characters specifically? I'm betting it's the former.
>>
>>379683476
My biggest issue is that 1 ended fine. You did what you did and Emily got to live the life she deserved. The epilogue itself basically says that she lived happily ever after and everything was peachy keen.

Then they fucked it up in a sequel by going into detail with her adult life and then throwing even more bullshit at her and Corvo for them to deal with.
>>
File: 1461725863619.gif (2MB, 303x277px) Image search: [Google]
1461725863619.gif
2MB, 303x277px
>>379685898
>>
>>379683476
Yeah the story in the sequel was bland, but so was the first games' story.

I think people are just nostalgiafagging. First one was really babby's first revenge plot, acting like Dishonored 2 had a much worse plot is ridiculous. I hope that if they make a Dishonored 3 they'll hire better writers though, it's a shame the worldbuilding is always so great but the story is lackluster.
>>
>>379686168
Fucking exactly.

Glad someone is on the same page.
>>
>>379686168
D1s plot did all that it needed to do, D2 retreaded old ground and not in an interesting way.

If you played the DLC this is painfully obvious. btw the DLC was better written than both main games.
>>
>>379686308
Why care? DH2 story is fine btw, nothing really wrong with it the world is still great
DH2 isn't about the story it's about the world and gameplay
It is a video game, and it's not like DH1 had a story worth a damn
>>
The story is so shallow but people are keep eating it.
>>
>>379686529
>it's about the world and gameplay
>with no story to make you give a fuck
>>
>>379686308
>If you played the DLC this is painfully obvious. btw the DLC was better written than both main games.

It was very good, but that's definitely hypberbole.

Daud was great, but he's the only thing about the DLC's that could be argued is "better than both games" purely because he's a very interesting character, and the levels were no better or worse.
>>
>>379686529
>Why care about the thing that actively drives the game forward and makes up a huge part of it

Look, I like DH2 alot. I think its a vast improvement on the first game in terms of design, but lets not piss around with excuses for a lackluster main story.
>>
>>379686308
I agree that the choice of villain was uninspired, but I still don't think the story is "so much worse" than the one from the first game.

Also, the Daud DLC's didn't have an interesting plot either, it's just that Daud was a much better character than Corvo. That's cause he was voiced and they got a great voice actor for it, it made all the difference. The gameplay was also more polished than in the base game and that's why people put the DLCs on a pedestal, not because of some amazing story.
>>
>>379686308
>D1s plot did all that it needed to do

Did it? The first few missions that were actual assassination missions didn't really have any importance to the overall plot. Then when the game goes on rails when you meet Dowd, the game goes from having no real story to fairly standard and forgettable.
>>
>>379686584
I said the story was fine, how the is the mansion level not interesting story wise?
The main story is basic but it was basic in the first game too, nothing special
The stories outside of the main one are actually interesting, which DH1 didn't have, at least the base game

>>379686654
DH1 main story wasn't better, just a basic run of the mill story
It's not good at all, it's serviceable, just like DH1 main story

Hey, let's kill this woman you met 15 fucking seconds ago and act like it should make you weep. Not good, but it's a video game
>>
File: 1470415699920.jpg (14KB, 274x176px) Image search: [Google]
1470415699920.jpg
14KB, 274x176px
>>379686589
>>379686708
>DLC story isnt that good, Daud is just very interesting

Yea, no fucking shit, interesting characters make for better stories. Daud actually had a goddamn character arc with a level of nuance to it, and it carries on as he deals with the Delilah situation.
>>
>>379686860
The story isn't fine though. Nothing is established, the protagonist and the big conflict of the game is established in the same five minutes.
No time to get to know anybody or anything. You spend the rest of the game playing catchup,
>>
>>379686860
You're not really disproving the fact that D2 just retreads everything D1 did but in a less interesting way. Its just "oh but D1 wasnt better", which is totally off the point.
>>
>>379686980
>Nothing is established
I mean nothing is established concretely. Basically you're just whisked away with an excuse for who to kill and vaguely why.
>>
File: 1384666459492.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384666459492.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
its because the games were marketed towards stealthfags and it's mechanics shifted towards that as well. It has the most dumb fanbase ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with;
>i can't get the good ending if i kill and my ego can't take that not even on my 2nd playthrough
>playing lethal is for dumb people even if dishonored is 100x more complex as an action game and i will never try it
>oooh kill compilation on youtube without being seen or getting hit, this guy must be the best player ever. No mind other people who use the mechanics to their fullest.
>>
>>379686980
>the protagonist and the big conflict of the game is established in the same five minutes.
>No time to get to know anybody or anything. You spend the rest of the game playing catchup,
Just like in the first game? Or are you gonna tell me you really cared about Corvo's revenge when you just met Jessamine and Emily for 2 minutes?
>>
File: City_Watch_Officer_Render.png (842KB, 1093x2167px) Image search: [Google]
City_Watch_Officer_Render.png
842KB, 1093x2167px
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Also obligatory post;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DknzLFEXxog
>>
How can the worldbuilding and lore be so good but the actual in-game story and characters be so fucking bland and unmemorable? I don't get it
>>
>>379686980
That's BETTER storytelling tho, it allowed for more freedom since there's no pressure of SAVE EMILY over your head
It just worked better for the game part of the video game, I hope you understand

And again, nothing is good or special in the DH1 story-wise

Run of the mill revenge, save princess story with a guy that doesn't talk for no reason
Nothing special man

>>379687037
I'm saying it's all inane in the end since we are talking about a game here, not a movie

The way the story is told in DH2 works better for a video game

>Its just "oh but D1 wasnt better", which is totally off the point.
How isn't it when people are saying D2 has a worse story? That was the point
>>
>>379687158
People just want to shit on D2 for no reason
Who the fuck in their right mind thinks that D1 had a good story?
>>
>>379687080
this
>>
>>379687296
I guess it's because they spend a lot of time on the worldbuilding part and then they don't have as much time for the story. The great art design also helps for the worldbuilding aspect.

Personally I'm not that bothered about the story part since I get really immersed in the world despite of it.
>>
>>379687302
>The way the story is told in DH2 works better for a video game
The way the story is told dosent change between DH1/2, its about the story themselves.

And yes, DH2's main story is relatively lackluster compared to the first game. The lore may be good, but the scenario is just "save the throne, again". At least Daud had a more engaging personal quest with a nice whodunnit aspect.

I did like what they were doing with Low Chaos Emily in that she learns she's been a bratty shit and should take her responsibilities more seriously, but you have to go out of your way to really see it. It might have been better if the game was all hers instead of split between her and Corvo.
>>
>>379680464
>hosting an unknown ancient civilization

Everyone there is dead.

The rat plague is literally 'the doom of Pandyssia.'
>>
>>379687541
>It might have been better if the game was all hers instead of split between her and Corvo.
I agree, but you know a lot of people would've bitched about it. It's not a huge franchise, so they need all the sales they can get.

It was a marketing decision to also have Corvo as a playable character, it's pretty clear the game was made with the intention to have Emily as the protagonist.
>>
>>379687541
Daud is DLC, not the part of the base game but sure let's count him in

Again, nothing special his story is also save emily kinda
He talks but so what? It's just a small extra, it doesn't make or break the entire game
the daud DLC is loved because of the gameplay

>The way the story is told doesn't change between DH1/2

It's completely different, what are you saying?
In DH1 you play as shit is going down, in DH2 you play after everything has taken place, the aftermath in a way
>>
>>379687554
Proof?
>>
>>379687932

The heart tells you in the first game.

>"The doom of Pandyssia has come to this city"
>>
>>379688007
Interesting, do you know where abouts it says that? I'm not discrediting you i'm just curious.
>>
>>379688070
>do you know where abouts it says that?

It's one of the quotes that it can say in any district, after you've gone through all the contextual quotes.
>>
>>379688141
Cheers anon!
>>
Am I the only one that hated Daud? I thought he was a massive hypocrite and 90% of the stuff he says is either lies or bullshit.
>>
>>379680464
All the worldbuilding and flavor text is pretty neat, but almost none of it is actually utilized ingame and none of it can salvage how poor the actual story is.
>>
>>379688234
You aren't wrong, but honestly I was too busy jerking off to his voice to care about that.
>>
>>379687808
You're just being incredibly vague and selective to boost your argument, not happening. The very fact Daud develops as a character and his motivations are a little more nuanced than "save the kid" put its head and shoulders over both the main stories. His gameplay was good too I agree.

>It's completely different, what are you saying?
You should have been more clear, I thought you were talking about the way delivers its story through cutscenes, environment, etc.
>>
>>379688459
See>>379688234
I wish people would stop acting like his character had any depth, it didn't
>>
>>379681883
Arkane made a good name for themselves by releasing Arx Fatalis.
It even had motion controls for casting spells, just like in Black and White, inventory management like in Resident Evil.
A really cool game. I remember the bald armoured guys, truly a fearful enemy.
>>
>>379680974
Sounds like a good place to start
>>
>>379688539
Him being a liar and hypocrite is not the same as him not having depth. Want to try that again?
>>
>>379683272
The sales didn't meet bethpizda's expectations because they decided to implement a certain drm that made the game unstable and buggy.
>>
>>379688789
He is a liar and a hypocrite because the writers were shit, not because they intended him to be like that
>>
>>379688704
Not sure of your point, but thanks will check it out.
>>
>>379688857
riiiiight
>>
>>379688928
What I mean is, they don't need marketing. They have their audience, like Piranha Bytes.
>>
Tabletop games, anon. Blades in the Dark stole everything good about Dishonored and then improved on it.
>>
>>379689072
Then why is this the first I'm hearing of it. Word of mouth my nigga.
>>
>>379687080
Well it is a stealth game, but you're right that playing it as an action game is great.

I don't think there's any wrong way to play. I just play how I want first playthrough then go for challenge playthroughs afterwards.
>>
>>379680464
>Bethesda
It's shit. Doesn't help it's also SJW pandering leftist garbage.
>>
>>379689370
Go to bed.
>>
File: 1496525944316.jpg (36KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
1496525944316.jpg
36KB, 600x657px
>>379689370
I have to ask people in this thread.
Is this response that i've linked, something i see so often in other threads about other games, a limit of intelligence or a geunine lack of understanding of what other anons are discussing?

>Merh leftist
>Merh Bethesda
>Merh SJW

While these are genuine reasons you'd think people would get bored of posting the same shit or not wanting to contribute and talk about vidya in this thread. Inb4 /v/ doesn't talk about vidya. When anons do talk about games it's pretty fucking comfy, you should probably try it.

Is it underage and new-fags?
>>
>>379689370
>two civilian women discuss the Abbey
>"why are there only men there?"
>"they separate the sexes so keep them from getting it on with one another"

Yeah, sounds about right. SJW gender politics pand...

>by the way, the female Overseers all have to get their eyes gouged out

oh.
>>
>>379689580
>Is it underage and new-fags?

Those two, and just plain retards that only come to /v/ to shitpost.
>>
>>379680958
They ambitious compared to modern games but that's a "winning the special olypmics" sort of thing. They aren't at all compared to the games they're influenced by.
>>
>>379685793
This.
>>
>>379687296
It's easy to write "There's a massive unexplored island and the few people who returned from it said they saw some crazy shit" and let people's imagination run wild with it than it is to write characters.
>>
>>379689653
Reddit was a mistake. Because of the "muh downvotes what will people think of me??" retardation all the autists come here to shitpost to get it out of their system.

Doesn't help that 4chan has the image of "hate machine only memes allowed" in the media. Redditards are really under the impression that this website is only for memes 24/7.
>>
>>379690461
of course Reddit was a mistake. Any system that downright encourages people to amplify messages that fit their ideology and silence dissent is literally an echo chamber factory. How can you produce anything but circlejerks with something like that?
>>
>>379690461
only thing you can do is hold actual discussion, ignore bait, and call out edgy kids for being edgy kids if you want.

There's a screencap of an anon going nuclear on someone who told someone else that they can't discuss undertale or something. it's very fitting.
>>
>>379691146
>>379691110
>>379690461
Shocked this thread has even had such good discussion, must be the time.
>>
>>379691492
Dishonored threads are usually always good like this. I remember one went full /his/ and it was great.
>>
>>379691564
Fuck, wish I coulda seen that. I love screencapping when anons give it their all on a subject they autistically love.
>>
>>379690368
There's a lot more to the lore than that that is genuinely interesting, all the stuff with the void and the whales, and just the general society is all really well done.
>>
>>379691564
Do you happen to have a link to the thread? Or was it a long time ago?
>>
File: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (173KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg
173KB, 1024x576px
What was her end game?
>>
>>379691635
It was last year, I just remember one guy talking about Polish war history in-between other stuff.
>>
>>379691564
...and people say Dishonored has nothing to do with Thief. Thief threads are always good.
>>
>>379691703
Making the best stew in Dunwall.
>>
>>379691756
>...and people say Dishonored has nothing to do with Thief.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard if people believe that.

Dishonored has legitimately more actual thieving and thief elements than that shitty nu thief game.
>>
Not sure if I'll get an answer, but did any of you guys buy the Dishonored 2 art book or know if it's worth the money?

I love the art style of this game, but I've never bought one of these books before.
>>
>>379691968
No-Powers runs are basically Theif without arrows.
>>
The Dishonored lore is so rich that they could make plenty of games that are not simply stealth simulation.
Dishonored game "Witcher 3" style when?
>>
>>379692275
>Dishonored game "Witcher 3" style when?
God no. I really think open world would ruin this franchise, the main draw for me is the amazing level design and fun combat.

Arkane would never get the funding from Bethesda for a massive game like that and they'd have to cut corners significantly.
>>
>>379680464
I'm glad it was a flop and there will be no d3, it's shit and all the people working on it need to die.
>>
>>379692630
This is you >>379689653
Now go to school and think about what you're doing with your life kid.
>>
File: Knife of dunvall.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Knife of dunvall.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>379691703
>>379691782
Even Daud seems frightened by her.
>>
>>379692027
And without having to worry about sound or light, i.e. things that make Thief Thief.
>>
>>379690461
Why are you reddit-spacing then?
>>
>>379693442
What the fuck is "reddit spacing"? No really, I keep seeing retards complaining about it and I legit have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>379693591
Apparently making your posts easily readable is reddit spacing.
>>
>>379693591
It's when you try to format your posts by double spacing.

Like this.

It's a stupid meme, I've been doing it for years here but only recently does anyone care.
>>
>>379693591
>What the fuck is "reddit spacing"?

Pointing out how someone is using 'reddit spacing' is a shitty forced meme.

Feel free to ignore any posts that mention it.
>>
>>379693665
So using paragraphs was invented by reddit, got it.

I swear some of these faggots never went to school.
>>
>>379693591
>>379693662
>>379693665
>>379693690
Because this >>379685793 looks good
>>
>>379693826
You obviously don't do it when you have a lot to type.

I agree that post looks like shit, but what I'm doing now is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>379693853
You obviously don't do it when you have a lot to type.
I agree that post looks like shit, but what I'm doing now is perfectly acceptable
>>
File: 1480307622621.gif (737KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480307622621.gif
737KB, 200x250px
>>379693826

Who gives a shit what a post looks like? I mean honestly, who gives the slightest fuck whether the format is aesthetically pleasing? I don't even think you do.
>>
>>379693907
Keep shit posting.
>>
>>379693665
But why reddit spacing? Why not "facebook spacing" or "any forum in existence spacing" or "writing an essay for you English class spacing"?
>>
>>379693941
Because here "things I don't like" = Reddit.

But more accurately it's just "I'm bored so I'm going to shitpost".
>>
>>379693941
Because on reddit, if you want to do a line break like
this, you have to hit enter twice or it ignores it. Only a true redditor (like me, yes) would know that.
>>
>>379687080
you can still get the good ending if you kill. You just have to kill less than 60% of NPCs on the map.
>>
>>379694029
So it's really just redditors trying to fit in that use this meme? Good to know.
>>
>>379680958
can't speak for the second game the first game has an interesting setting but the delivery of the plot and characters is just so empty and bland there's no reason to care about it
the characters only deliver the bare minimum dialogue and it's all badly acted
>>
>>379693591
When you're posting, you're typing your message
in a small window that's only this big. You think
you're writing long, unreadable walls of text, so
you decide to start dividing your post into para-graphs like this.

Then once you actually post it all, you realize that the posting window is deceptively small, and once your paragraph is stretched out across the entire screen, it all becomes "reddit spacing"
>>
>>379694078
Hmm... I just thought of a stupid meme playthrough. Kill everyone you can kill discreetly, but only if they're unarmed innocents. I wonder if that would get you a high chaos ending.
>>
>>379680464
Should've done Tyvia instead of Serkonos
Should've done more of the city too
AND THEY SHOULD'VE KEPT THE OUTSIDERS VA

HARVEY YOU DENSE FUCK
>>
>>379694479
The new outsiders sounds absolutely shit.
Just garbage.
>>
>>379694479
Unpopular opinion but I always thought the Outsider sounded pretty retarded in the first game. Second VA is not that great either but at least he doesn't sound like a "dude weed" teenager.

As for Tyvia, I hope we'll get to see it in the eventual DLC or Dishonored 3 if they continue the franchise.
>>
>>379694663
The new VA just sounds bored with his lines.
The old one tried to give it a strange/knowing vibe to it and i'd say that he succeded with that.
>>
>>379694479
Literally don't give a shit that they changed his VA, and I have no problem with the new one.

I would get it if the original was really good but he wasn't.

>The new VA just sounds bored with his lines.

I have the complete opposite opinion, I feel the original was mundane as shit and didn't care about his lines, the new one seems like more of a professional voice actor.
>>
>>379694663
old VA sounded mysterious and like not giving a fuck.

new VA sounds like a manchild
>>
whats with this shit taste
the first outsider was great
>>
>Outsider teleports around for no reason during his monologues
I can't take this guy seriously anymore.
>>
>>379695074
Wahat you don't like some edge?
>>
File: vzTdmf6.jpg (515KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
vzTdmf6.jpg
515KB, 1920x1440px
Morley or Tyvia, /v/?

Personally I'd take a DLC in Morley and then Dishonored 3 in Tyvia. A snow setting could be nice to explore, Morley sounds a bit similar to Dunwall.
>>
>>379695185
I'd rather they focus on making their latest game run at a playable framerate
>>
>>379695185
>dunwall has an english climate
>serkonos has a mediterranean climate
>they're right next to each other
who designed this shit
>>
>>379695378
>right next to each other
dh2 plays in karnaca, the lowest point at serkonos

it's like saying London is right next to Gibraltar
>>
>>379695478
>>379695185
>>
>>379695478
looks more like the distance between london and jersey
>>
File: 1489090907572.jpg (202KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489090907572.jpg
202KB, 1080x1080px
>>379681371
that sounds hella retarded
>>
File: 1489083766354.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489083766354.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
>>379687519
200% this
>>
>>379695378
There's nothing wrong there, from London to south Iberia the climate changes like that.
>>
>>379695185
Whats Morley like?
>>
>>379697529
Scotland/Ireland-type place, I think.
>>
>>379697514
With something like the Gulf Stream wrapping around the south coast of Serkonos it'd become even warmer.

There's a reason Scandinavia can be on the same latitude as Greenland and the northernmost parts of Canada without being half as cold.
>>
>>379698292
I seem to recall reading that there's exactly something like that going past Karnaca. But there's really no reason to base the climates of a magical world on laws of physics. Hell, in Final Fantasy 7 the only reason why there's snow and cold in the north is that there's a big meteor crater in there that's literally a bleeding would on the planet, and the lifeforce is seeping out of it and withering that part of the world. I wouldn't put it past Dishonored if the Void was just a place under the very bottom of the deepest oceans. A place where light and warmth are such a distant memory that few living things can return from it. Afterall it's been pretty well established that the Outsider is basically a sea creature living unimaginably deep and channel into the dreams of surface-dwellers.
>>
>>379680958
Because they're owned by Bethesda now. Look at the games that they made before Bethesda acquired them, you'll see a drastic difference in quality and PC focus.
>>
>>379699482
wooh lad
>>
File: 20161217190252_1.jpg (54KB, 409x482px) Image search: [Google]
20161217190252_1.jpg
54KB, 409x482px
>>379680617
>>379680854

>Dishonored 3 with this setup never ever
>>
>>379680958
Art is ugly, characters are annoying or outright forgettable, plot is dull and as smooth as eggs. You're expecting gritty, but the world isn't gritty. Just a bunch of modern 'lets come together' ideological grandstanding.

I'm well aware of the genre and how ethically diverse it can get, dishonored doesn't even open the first gate, so to speak.
>>
>>379701603
>Art is ugly
Opinion discarded. One of the best things about the games is the art style.
>>
>>379687541
It would have been way better if Emily was the only playable character (because then you could do more character specific stuff), but the subsequent whining from people would have been super fucking annoying.
>>
>>379701701
Still doesn't make it any less unpleasant to look at. Actually 'uncomfortable' would be the more appropriate word.
>>
>>379689641
where is this dialogue? i must have missed this. or was it in the first game?
>>
>>379701603
Highly stylized art != ugly

It's nice for once to have an exaggerated art style that conveys character instead of more hyper-realistic uncanny valley nightmares
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.