[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that the dust has settled, is it good? how does it stack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 50

File: tekken7.jpg (347KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tekken7.jpg
347KB, 1204x1500px
now that the dust has settled, is it good? how does it stack up with the other games? its 50 dollars right now on amazon canada
>>
>>379670763
its amazing dont let jive players talk you out of it.
>>
Best fighting game out currently imo
I'm new to tekken but SFV and Injustice are overwhelmingly shit
>>
>$50 CDN
That's a really good price for it. What the hell. Didn't it just come out?
>>
File: 1492219009884.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492219009884.gif
2MB, 360x270px
If you like seeing characters break their backs after every round, go nuts. I'll never understand that shit. It's awkward and ugly as hell. Reminds me of the injustice 2/mkx "I hit you with a combo, but you fall down then stand back up and fall back down again" garbage.
>>
Depends what you like. You can pirate the game if you want to try it before hand however I've thoroughly enjoyed both the gameplay and the fighting.

If I had to say one note about whats the best its.
MY MOTHER FUCKING BOY AKUMA BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE, FUCKING TEKKEN NIGGAS WEREN'T READY FOR HIS ASS WHOOPIN HE GIVIN THEM

But yeah other than that pretty good. Tekken plays different than most fighters so if you haven't played it before it might be a bit slow for you.
>>
gameplay wise it is good
most characters are quite balanced
but content/story wise it is kinda shit
compare to their previous game at least
im still mad they skip out bunch of chracters but then still putting both Kuma and Panda in roaster

now I know how Smashfags felt about Dark Pit
>>
>>379670763
Gameplay:
T7>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TTT2
Ending Cutscenes:
TTT2>T7
Gameplay is way better than tag, but holy fuck the ending cutscenes for characters suck ass.
>>
>>379670763

meme game do not buy
>>
>>379670998
E3 sales. Even new shit like t7 is going on sale for a pretty decent amount. $44 USD on amazon for physical.
>>
>>379670763
it's pretty damn good
>>379671350
meme reply
>>
>>379670763
It's great and 50 loonies is a good deal. I haven't booted up any other game since its launch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQW905P4BI
>>
I play Tekken for the story. Is it at least better than 6's story? - which was utter trash btw..
>>
>>379671458
Is there a good link to show what's on sale? I can't find it on Amazon. But Battlefield 1 Premium is 20% off, I might get that.
>>
>>379671681
there is Akuma in the fucking game
what else do you need to know?
>>
>>379671737
I have some RSS feeds that scour titles I put in.
>>
>>379671538
that's not infinite azure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvdmh0DcmA
>>
>>379671681
I really like the story.
Akuma is also canon and EXTREMELY relevant to the story, he isn't just a guest fighting character on the side. So it's an adventure.

If you are some crazy lore whore you might not like it. But considering the shit that happened in 6 which was just retarded, yeah it's fine. If you like fun then its really good.
>>379671772
>>
File: 1494826926742.jpg (90KB, 454x676px) Image search: [Google]
1494826926742.jpg
90KB, 454x676px
I like it but fuck Lucky Chloe and Akuma players
>>
>>379670763

Good fighting game, but content is lacking. In dire need of a tutorial mode. 7/10 as a game in general, 9/10 for fightfags.
>>
File: 1495401111196.jpg (449KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495401111196.jpg
449KB, 1024x1280px
>no time attack
>no survival
>ending movies suck
>mash ultra comeback move to win
>le super armor moves xDD
>customization is worse than Tag 2
>got rid of characters for no reason
>wubstep ost
>online is party and broken
>arcade mode is 5 stages
It's the worst mainline Tekken since 1
>>
>>379672093
>>no time attack
>>no survival
Literally who gives a shit.
>>ending movies suck
Agree
>>mash ultra comeback move to win
>>le super armor moves xDD
Literally git gud
>>customization is worse than Tag 2
Preference
>>got rid of characters for no reason
They will be dlc and fuck clones
>>wubstep ost
Preference
>>online is party and broken
Patch just launched
>>arcade mode is 5 stages
Agreed.
>>
>>379671538
That fight was so fucking anime it hurt. In a good way
>>
>>379672093
>got rid of characters
I mean unless they get rid of eddy I won't care, as long as my boy is in we good.
>>
>>379670998
I got it for $40 in one of those facebook digital games sellers lel
>>
>>379671930
pls be bait. no tekken game has ever had or needed a tutorial mode. if serious pls end you life
>>
>>379670763
If you like Tekken, you will like Tekken 7.
If you don't like Tekken, this one is unlikely to change your mind.
>>
>>379670763
Literally the best fighting game to come out recently

Also surprisingly, the only fighting game where the PC version is the definitive edition
>>
>>379673067
Anon, even Aris think the lack of tutorial is a con. In this day and age you shouldn't even be defending this shit.
>>
>>379673335
>he was serious
>he still replied to me
I told you to kill yourself faggot
>>
>>379672093
>wubstep ost
just turn on the jukebox.
>>
>>379673565
>I can't defend my argument.
>I'll resort to cheap insults.
Don't be as bad as capcbros anon. Sucking too much of a company's dick is bad.
>>
>>379673778
jukebox is ps4 exclusive because fuck namco
>>
>>379673903
>complaining about broken online
>not on ps4
really gets the ol 뇌 조깅

anyway I expect customization to get beefed up with aptches in the future, they've all but confirmed there's more shit to come, and if the hinting wasn't good enough, kenny omega outright stated that there's more bullet club merch dropping at some point before years end.
>>
>>379672489
Dumb nigger
>>
>>379674212
I mean we could be rude I guess or just say that you prefer a different character. But sure either works here.
>>
>Super close match against a random
>ready to go senses heighten for the match
>dumb ass dub step kicks in 20 seconds in and ruins my concentration

Fuck why does every stage have dubstep up the ass
>>
One of the best fighting games to come out in a long time, and it's not even close. It's everything SF5 should have been: a game with a ton of depth with great presentation that also has elements for more casual players like customization, arcade mode, as well as very fun to watch competitively. Seriously just watch tournaments and even an all Korean grand finals is exciting to watch.
>>
>>379674301
Couple of things
One has does music ruin your vibe
Two you know you can just mute it if it triggers you so much right?
Three you lost, stop blaming the music for you being a shitter. Just play your own music, its real fucking simple.
>>
>>379673335
There's pretty much a tutorial built into the story mode. Also stop echoing some random eceleb's opinion just because their famous, stupid fuck. What would you expect anyways? Casuals learning how to korean backdash all the sudden?
>>
It's gonna die after evo. The West literally cannot stop sucking Capcom's dick when it comes to fighting games. The Western FGC is a captive culture dominated by the old guards and influential TOs who control what people play and watch. The refugees who claimed to be hype for Tekken 7 will eventually go back to Street Fighter down the line, even if its ultimately a terrible game.
>>
>>379673903
Stay mad PC niggers.
>>
it has the best character
>>
>>379670763
Its literally the same shit Tekken has been for the last three entries with a shitty tacked on ultra mechanic and less characters.

If you want to play Tekken 5-TTT2 all over again then sure. If you didnt like those you wont like this.
>>
>>379674301
The OST is fucking ass. I just muted it completely.
>>
>>379674576
>shit talking Aris
First off, fuck you. Him and Markman have done more for the Tekken community in the West more than you'll ever do you dicksucking know-it-all. Second, in this day and age of casuals, from the perspective of the devs you have to account for that shit. Just because Tekken didnt have a tutorial before doesn't mean it should always be that way. You suddenly have these fucks who don't know that there's a WS state simply because the game only tells you that in passing on a loading screen. I've seen a lot of dumb opinions about fighting games his week but yours take it.
>>
>>379673067
Tekken games had tutorials before and Tekken ABSOLUTELY needs tutorial modes.

Like what the fuck are you talking about you clueless nigger, Tekken has a fuckload of shit that most people dont even know about.

Game is generally barebones as fuck.
>>
>>379674951
Aris sure, but Markman needs to fuck off, really.
>>
>>379674926
>tfw muting it and playing T2 soundtrack
>>
>>379675023
>practice mode is a tutorial
hola, retardo!
>>
>>379675023
>game is barebones cause it doesn't have a tutorial
>game is barebones cause it didn't teach me how to play
>game is barebones cause I can't git gud without an in game tutorial
>game is barebones cause i'm too lazy to look stuff up online
>game is barebones despite having one of the most indepth fighting engines in a long while
>game is barebones cause I said so

Not that anon but I really do hope you kill yourself. Just accept the fact you aren't made for fighting games. Isn't the new mario coming out soon? Go play that shit instead it probably suits you better.
>>
>>379675340
Yeah all of those things.

Its not the only thing missing either.
Its crazy how far you Tekken fanboys go to defend your unfinished cashgrab.
>>
>>379675340
>most indepth fighting engines in a long while
Its literally just Tekken5 with ultras and armor moves lmao.
>>
>>379675340
Not him but there's no downside to having a tutorial what the fuck are you talking about you dumb faggot
>>
Its doing many things as badly or worse than SFV but people are being hypocrites.
>>
>>379675340
Not him really, I have no problems with looking for info online, but having a built-in tutorial or atleast even a glossary of technical terms and how to apply them would suffice. There's really nothing bad if you don't expect casuals to KBD, but atleast teach them you can punish lows WS before they go online, get whipped and drop the game. Some casuals will go, some will stay, but having that kind of behavior is really not the right one
>>
>>379675419
A cashgrab is a game with a decent roster of characters, new move sets/revamps of tons of old characters, a story that has a budget other than just a few paragraphs on a blank page, then sure.

I'm a king of fighters shill if anything, but you kids who barely know fighting games speaking your opinions like they matter is really something.
>>379675707
its a tekken game, made for tekken players. The west doesn't care for any fighters that aren't SF so there is no reason to baby them when they aren't likely to play it in the first place
>>379675448
Man I can't tell if you are a moron or some capcom shill or what.
Thats like saying there is no differnce between sf3 and sf4. I hate neo-/v/ and this generation who doesn't stand fighting games.
>>
>>379675874
>Thats like saying there is no differnce between sf3 and sf4.
No, because SF4 actually completely changed everything from graphics over animations to gameplay.

Right now in T7 I'm pressing the same bnbs I pressed with Feng in TTT2 while all of his animations are the exact same shit he had before.
Its essentially an asset port to Unreal Engine and it somehow STILL has less characters than previous Tekken games.

Talk about not standing fighting games.
>>
>its a tekken game, made for tekken players. The west doesn't care for any fighters that aren't SF so there is no reason to baby them when they aren't likely to play it in the first place.

I hope you know what you sound like right now. You really dont want the scene to grow? You're worse than animefags who don't even play their games, atleast they want their fucking scene to grow.
>>
>>379675874
imagine being this much of a blatant fanboy nigger.
>>
I've been re-learning Steve and Hwoarang, and the hardest time I'm having in matches is opening up my opponent. I don't seem to have good pokes with Steve, and I tend to rely on starting with 1 and 2 moves with Hwoarang that I am terrible at converting with.

Anyone got Steve/Hwoarang tips besides >learn stances?
>>
>>379675874
>a story that has a budget other than just a few paragraphs on a blank page
lmao that story
>short
>didnt include most characters
>had the most monotone narrator ever seen
>didnt make any sense
>was 90% filler Jack and Tekken force fights
>actively killed character endings the series was known for
Easily one of the worst single player things in the whole medium

Kill yourself.
>>
>>379674841
>power bottom

N I C E
>>
I'm not feeling it. The super moves and the armor moves are fucking shit. I can take a super move, but a super move that has armor and has a single input? This game is for fucking casuals. In fact, this whole fucking series seems like it's being made for casuals lately. No joke, I let my six year old nephew play, and he beat some 1st Dan guy by spamming buttons. This game is really fucking disappointing, speaking as a longtime Tekken fan.
>>
>>379675707
Game explains fucking nothing.
I've played Tekken games before but I had to figure out that the new jizzy moves are armor moves.

Why not mention it anywhere? Its embarassing.
After so many years of delays too.
>>
>>379674841
cancer of the tekken community
>>
>>379676385
Did you try the move list, where it breaks down moves by a specific color and symbol if they do something? It says it and explains it in game:

Red = armor
Green = knockdown/spinner
Blue = homing
>>
>>379676385
git gud, play the game, pratice
>>
>>379676745
And most of all: ignore all flaws and defend them all on forums no matter what.
>>
File: Kitten King.png (786KB, 700x675px) Image search: [Google]
Kitten King.png
786KB, 700x675px
Is MAH BOI good in 7?
>>
>>379676819
All you need to know is there, and if you can't firgure it out but everyone else can. You can always go to a community site and get laughed at.

google: Mishima Zaibatsu
>>
>>379676941
Dont feel like it when the devs dont try to put the slightest bit of effort in, especially after such long delays.
>>
>>379674951
>shit talking Aris
First off retard, when did I shittalk Aris? The point is people think that citing the opinions of any known person in the FGC makes their point valid. Your logic doesn't make sense because in the one fighting game that has the best tutorial nobody wants to get good at it, and in the games that are casualized to hell (SFV) it leaves NOBODY satisfied.

There's no way to get people who never gave a fuck about a game to suddenly become passionate fans, stupid fucks like you don't understand this.
>Him and Markman have done more for the Tekken community in the West more than you'll ever do
What the fuck have YOU done for your scene? What are YOU doing besides being a little whiny faggot on the internet because two people didn't agree with your opinion? Ironic you say this not realizing how much of a delusional and elitist faggot you sound like.
>>
>>379676862
only as good as you are, anon
>>
>>379676862
He has a new chain grab and a new 3-hit combo that also lunches. But he's lost a few 10 hit combos. The new mechanics make him a lot slower as well.
>>
File: kingc.png (2MB, 1311x900px) Image search: [Google]
kingc.png
2MB, 1311x900px
>>379676448
I wreck scrubs like you with king
>>379676862
hell yeah, he's still fun to play as
>>
File: 8724852345.jpg (44KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
8724852345.jpg
44KB, 600x353px
Any other Kuma players here? I'm learning him but I'm having trouble with using his bear stance effectively.
>>
>>379676364
>oh no super armor
>oh no its a 3d dimensional game where you can literally dodge in every direction
>it's the games fault I suck not me for hitting into super armor
Go back to melee
>>
>>379677058
>Your logic doesn't make sense because in the one fighting game that has the best tutorial nobody wants to get good at it
There's more competitive GG players than Tekken players now.
And thats all without some epin Tekken3 nostalgia.

The tutorial definitely helped.
>>
>>379676239
learn stance changes
>>
>>379677173
Wrestling is fake
>>
have you ever been so butthurt that you bought a new game entirely?

I just impulse bought Tekken after getting buttflustered at SFV again
>>
its funny, not even SF4 babbs defended their garbage ultras that hard.
>>
File: King is displeased.jpg (39KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
King is displeased.jpg
39KB, 500x435px
>>379677306
It's SCRIPTED!
>>
>>379677058
>Backtracking and deflecting after being proven wrong
To nswer your question, when n influential personality in the scene that as done a lot of good or it criticizes something bout the game, its worth listening to.

Second, stop deflecting. I attend my locals, learn how to play and even branch out to other fighting games. That's how I cobtribute to the scene. If anything you sound like the type of person who's actively gatekeeping the scene from potential newcomers because you can't accept that you're wrong. The first step at getting better is accepting you've lost. At this point you're just exemplifying why you deserve to hold that L.
>>
>>379677306
so are waifus
>>
>>379677286
You know in other games comeback mechanics actually takes work to pull off, right? Oh wait, Tekken 7 is your first fighting game.
>>
File: 1471998026620.png (982KB, 3000x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1471998026620.png
982KB, 3000x1710px
>>379677424
But King is also not real...
>>
File: ruined.png (116KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
ruined.png
116KB, 400x392px
>>379677424
>>
>>379670763
E X C E R R E N T
>>
>>379677447
>comeback mechanics take work to pull off
>he is complaining about rage meter that barely does any dmg, CAN BE BLOCKED, and is easily dodgeable
>He thinks his opinion matters cause he keeps getting hit by rage
I knew I was gonna laugh but hot damn not this hard.

Since apparently you don't know you hold away from the enemy to block. it really helps with minimizing the damage you take
>>
>>379677289
I would wait to see how the release of T7 changes that, but it's just funny to me that in 3 different ways people got some variation of what is being asked for, and those games are either dead or nowhere near as popular as people act like they should be

>Guilty Gear
>Skull Girls
>Street Fighter V
>>
Is it worth buying a ps4 this late in to the gen? I feel like there will be a new console on a year
>>
>>379677509
I hate to agree but yes anon, you are right
>>
>>379677058
>What the fuck have YOU done for your scene? What are YOU doing besides being a little whiny faggot on the internet because two people didn't agree with your opinion?

Speak for yourself. You're the one throwing a tantrum. All I said was the game needed a tutorial. When you want more people to play your game, you have to make it accesible, and by that I don't mean removing complexity and depth, but by making quality of life improvements like these.
>>
also no Armor King, wtf Tekken
>>
>>379677631
T7's surge of popularity was because SF flopped. If SFV was good, every other fighting game right now wouldn't even be talked about.

To be honest, majority of Capcom players are acting like that girl who's trying to make her boyfriend jealous.
>>
>>379677615
Bruh, I'm letting my six year old nephew play, and he had a six win streak because all he did was push buttons and then armored into his ultra. A proper fighting game should not work like this. The last game where I saw him manage to win this much online was Smash Bros., which is really telling.
>>
>>379677632
Depends, for a fighting game? No, tekken 7s best version is honestly the PC version. Good networking, better frames with good options, just all around a great port which is a surprise from the fighting game genre.

The only reason I'd recommend a ps4 at this point is if you like jrpgs as its had a few exclusives that have come to the west, also 2 dark soul clone games, bloodborne (which is made by from soft, and Nioh. I'll probably get one during black friday but I'm a weeb.
>>
File: 1496764134434.gif (3MB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496764134434.gif
3MB, 600x310px
>>379676862
>le 50/50 grab man
>>
>>379677839
>making up fakes stories
>I won 6 games so that must mean I'm good
>he doesn't account for the fact that you get matched up with people of equal skill
>he is so bad that his six year old nephew plays at a higher rank than him

This is just getting depressing, stop while you are ahead.
>>
>>379677631
>comparing the most selling fighting game franchise that has been running for 20 years to a fucking indie game
this is desperate and sad.

And its a fact that more people play both GG and SF competitively.
Both managed to build up proper scenes over the years. Its extra impressive for something like GG which has been noname for years and has no legacy brand name.

>>379677817
I dont believe that Tekken7 will last.
Tekken games always sell, they are casual magnets but most drop it quickly.
They will most likely drop this one even faster because there's very little to do in this game and things like tournament mode suck because of bad design.
>>
Imagine being this much of a fanboy that you defend one button ultras.
>>
File: shit man.jpg (91KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
shit man.jpg
91KB, 460x459px
So does Jin have any good options after counterhit other than B 2 1 or savage sword?
B 2 1 seems to be the best option because of combo potential but if there's a wall nearby either of them works.

>>379677447
If you're implying raw supers or wake-up supers work past Mentor I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting.

>>379677839
>My six year old plays at the same rank as I do and he won 6 times in a row.
>>
File: 1493358377557.jpg (295KB, 577x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493358377557.jpg
295KB, 577x547px
>>379678060
imagine not understanding the concept of sidestepping
>>
>>379677992
>he doesn't know there's an option to turn off rank match ups
Are you sure you even played the game, anon?
>>
>>379672093
So you are a casual shitter.
>>
>>379678151
Yeah, thats why ultras are bad. Because people arent aware of the fact that they can block or sidestep.

Fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: IMG_5816.jpg (978KB, 2136x3856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5816.jpg
978KB, 2136x3856px
Just got this today. Miguel is my true nigga
>>
>>379677421
>If anything you sound like the type of person who's actively gatekeeping

Maybe the armchair psychology degree is stopping you from seeing my point. You could have just said " I attend locals " but you had to spend 4 extra sentences saying fucking nothing to stroke your ego. Great job retard, how many tutorial videos have you made and posted online? Have you taught people any tech with a certain character you use? You probably don't do shit so you just project and think everyone else is the same.

>>379677693
Honestly if the game had a glossary it'd be fine. A tutorial improves the game, but it's not exactly "in dire need".
>>
File: 1475473543394.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475473543394.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>379678263
how bad do you have to be to even get hit by one those
>>
>>379678416
yeah m8 I'll just never throw out a move again after I get a guy down to 30% health. that will do the trick. I'll NEVER get hit again!
>>
>>379678201
If I was a white bitch I'd say "I can't even"
But as I'm not I'll just go with, there is no point in continuing this arguement, you have given me every bit of evidence that fighting games are not what you are skilled at and thus are complaining for no reason. It's fine to not be good at everything, hell I probably couldn't be normal difficulty bots at an RTS, I suck at rts. It's my best friends favorite genre so I often end up playing it and him carrying me.

But you know what I don't do? BITCH on a thread that isn't relevant to me about how I suck and the game should cater to me because of it.
>>
If this game is so great, how come we had lobbies every day for months after SFV was released but all Tekken has is just people circle jerking each other?
>>
>>379678018
>And its a fact that more people play both GG and SF competitively.

How is your reading comprehension so poor? The point is that even when given a tutorial and accessibility casuals still hate it. Skullgirls players pretty much ignored the tutorial as evidence by how people played online, and almost all discussion involving the game. So what do you do when the people who WANT to play your game aren't even trying to learn it?
>>
File: 1385606023748.jpg (23KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
1385606023748.jpg
23KB, 492x440px
>>379678494
just dont get hit retard
>>
>>379678505
I'm fucking complaining because they took one of my favorite franchise and casualized the fuck out of it.
>>
>>379678516
because they can just play online right now?
>>
>>379678640
More like because you fuckers are all talk. I've been sitting in warm-up for the past thirty minutes with a single match. Fuck this game and fuck you idiots who keep defending what obviously needs to be fixed.
>>
File: Logic does not exist.jpg (79KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Logic does not exist.jpg
79KB, 400x240px
>>379678494
>do something unsafe
>gets hit
>OH OK I'LL JUST NEVER DO ANYTHING THEN
Poke, nigga. Or Bait and Punish. These aren't concepts that should need to be explained to you.
>>
>>379678574
>The point is that even when given a tutorial and accessibility casuals still hate it.
Wrong.
Those games somehow managed to attract casuals and turned them into players that stuck around and went competitive.

Its something Tekken fails at even though it has the biggest amount of sales overall.

In relative terms there are MUCH more competitive Skullgirls players than Tekken players. You are comparing the most selling fighting game franchise to a shitty indie game yet again and thats still sad.
>>
>>379678601
They casualized it how? Because of a 1 button super? Inputs don't take any more skill than a 1 button push. Oh no he can z move a joystick and then push a button that somehow means he is a million times better.

NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

Button inputs could all be 1 button and it still isn't casualized you know why? Cause at the end of the day fighting games aren't about inputs or combos. At high skill levels it's just assumed you can do these set patterns, which is all they are set patterns that are more of a rhytmn game than anything.

High skilled fighting games are about reading your opponent and faking him out. It's a mind game thats intense to see who can land a blow fight by playing mental chess. This is why fighting games are great. You take a step forward and your opponent needs to guess whether to block, attack, jump, step back, or crouch.

There are so many things you could be doing and you have to compensate for all of that. One button combos don't change anything.
>>
>>379678770
>poke against a guy who has a one button armored nuke that will eat your normal
>having to completely change your gameplay just because the other guy is too shit and got a nuke for sucking
Its a shit tier mechanic and you're a retarded babb for defending it.
Not even SF4 shitters went to such lengths to defend their garbage. Shows how retarded Tekken players are.

End of the story and last response you're getting.
>>
>>379678516
Well it doesnt help that Tekken lobbies are objectively worse than SFV lobbies.

Another thing people gloss over just because they are bandwagon SFV haters and Tekken dickriders.

Game wont last anyways. You will get a bunch of dedicated players that are split across multiple platforms because Harada is too lazy to include cross play and thats it.
>>
File: shenmuechinese.jpg (38KB, 619x460px) Image search: [Google]
shenmuechinese.jpg
38KB, 619x460px
OP here, what the fuck happened? i just wanted a comfy tekken thread bros....
>>
>>379678879
Its a one button comeback mechanic.

Worse players getting rewarded for being worse.
Yeah thats casualized.

Like how stupid do you have to be to not understand that?
>>
>>379678725
I dunno, haven;t stepped into ranked myself, just character searching for now.
>>
File: 1491483029978.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1491483029978.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>379678989
>poking AFTER the super was used
>pressing buttons AFTER the super was used.
You're probably the dumbest human being I think I've ever seen.
Poke them, BEFORE, they super, and then block. They will either use it to punish you and get blocked or they wont, rinse and repeat.
>having to completely change your gameplay just because the other guy is too shit
The fact that you think this isn't normal in any fighting game is hilarious to me. Have you never played with a spammer before?

I'm glad I don't have to read any more of your nonsense.
>>
>>379679110
You must be new to Tekken threads. The rabid fanboys go into maximum shitposting overdrive the second anybody only implies that something isnt perfect with the game.

They probably dont even play the game like that one guy pointed out, I have never seen a lobby in this thread.
>>
>>379679110
Turns out when you wave your e-peen by being OK with relatively few content and claiming you're a much better player while raising casualization as a point instead of playing the damn game, this tends to happen.
>>
>>379679110
Do you know anything about the four wude?
>>
no it sucks, everyone online is autistic and never drops combos and juggles you forever
>>
Why are accessories weapons? The guns are unblockable highs. That's just unfair.
>>
>>379678869
>You are comparing the most selling fighting game franchise to a shitty indie game yet again and thats still sad

You're obviously missing the point, and somehow even after mentioning Guilty Gear AND Skullgirls you're taking this "it's only a shitty indie game" argument and running with it.
You seem to be too much of a dumbfuck to realize that a tutorial mode isn't going to suddenly make this game have the most Evo entrants and that won't be the case until it becomes so shallow that even a random shitter feels like they can win.

It was fun watching you shit out low-effort posts while it lasted.
>>
>>379679475
duck
>>
>>379679202
>mechanic requires playeres to be 30% hp or less more often than not
>not only is easily dodgeable/predictable but you can double down on that KNOWING they have to use it to have a chance of coming back.
>Play from safe ranges or in areas the moves won't hit
>oh wow I won without them having a chance to use it or hit me
>oh wait anon is just a moron who sucks at fighting games
I can't explain it to you any easier. Not only do you knwo the exact moment they can use the move but all of them and I mean all are a decent amount of slow that it requires you to fuck up not to be able to dodge or block.

Hell I have a legit arguement for the game being casualized. Grappling is too easy to tech out of, why can't you use that argument? Oh cause you don't understand the mechanics I bet.
>>
File: 1483329096705.jpg (30KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1483329096705.jpg
30KB, 576x432px
>>379671856
>Round 1 mix sounds awesome

>Round 2 Infinite Azure sounds like a sentient machine farting in my ear

This dub step meme needs to die
>>
>>379679593
Anon, giving the people who are losing an advantage is casualizing. At least with the old rage system, with a damage boost upon entering rage mode, you had to play smart and pull off a few combos to win. Now it's just a single input comeback feature than can be thrown out on reaction because it has armor. Doesn't help that some of them hits low so now you have to factor in matchup knowledge too.
>>
File: tjqbNUn.png (32KB, 587x227px) Image search: [Google]
tjqbNUn.png
32KB, 587x227px
>>379679536
A tutorial mode DEFINITELY will ease more players into taking the game seriously.
Guilty Gear is in fact a great argument, I mentioned it before already but you ignored that.
Much smaller game, really fucking hard to get into compared to many other games but its still bigger competitively than Tekken.

Its not a game difficulty thing by itself, but having a game people claim is tough while also offering ZERO help to the new player is a recipe for disaster and its no surprise at all that people only mash in it for a week and then drop it. Gigantic game design fuckup.

Basically Harada is a lazy faggot and he does his best to prevent people from learning and getting into his game he claims to care so much about.
>>
>>379679821
>you now have to know matchup knowledge
>casualized
You just gave an arguement that was against that, please read what you type before you post. Knowing matchups is one of the reasons casuals quit fighters, cause they get countered, get fucked up, then blame the other character for being OP. Thats a part of fighters, knowing everything your character can do, as well as EVERYTHING other characters can do.
>>
>>379679593
Its still a mechanic that rewards you for being the worse player.

Thus its casual. Basically something you'd see in Smash Bros (funny enough Smash Bros4 actually uses Rage).

Nobody is saying its unbeatable, but you're insane and you think everybody is doing that when all people do is call a casual mechanic casual, which it is.
>>
>>379679947
A fucking single input comeback feature is casualization, anon. Only a fucking retard would say otherwise.
>>
File: 1494862980826.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494862980826.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I want Lili to poop on my chest
>>
>>379679661
That round two break is the worst thing I've heard in my life.
>>
At what point should I start a combo? Do I only launch when the other player whiffs a kick or something?
>>
>>379680049
Just spam the launcher, anon.
>>
>>379680049
You can launch them when they whiffed a slowass move or used a slowass move against you on block.

You can also launch off reads as most launchers crush shit like lows, but if you fuck it up they can launch you back and you will eat a 30% combo minimum.
>>
>>379680049
People throw out launchers regardless if its from a whiff. Crouch block punishing can start a combo off of a WS launcher as well.
>>
>>379679895
But in the end though, lets say that you were to add a tutorial. What parts do you really think need to be taught 100%? To clarify I don't think it SHOULDN'T have a tutorial, I just think that it shouldn't be considered lazy if a fighting game in this day and age doesn't contain a Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Tutorial Mode, and also some side fluff that nobody will touch past the first 3 weeks.

But aside from all that, as a valid complaint what would you add aside from point out what the fuck the icons mean in the movelist (e.g Red Armor-move icon) and rising attacks?
>>
File: IMG_5374.jpg (26KB, 180x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5374.jpg
26KB, 180x343px
How is yoshimistu? Wtf is up with the squid getup?
>>
>>379680386
Berief explanation of Launchers, Armor, Homing properties. But yeah, WS is definitely something to teach. Ive faced 3 consecutive guys who don't know how to punish blocked lows. Im guilty of it myself when I started playing the game. Its one of those things that doesnt exist when you come from a 2D fighter background.
>>
File: 1483905902966.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1483905902966.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>>379680049
What is crush counter
>>
File: 1407350147315.webm (3MB, 624x270px) Image search: [Google]
1407350147315.webm
3MB, 624x270px
>>379670763
No Jackie Chan, no way my man
>>
>>379680386
>What parts do you really think need to be taught 100%?
What are low crushing moves, high crushing moves, tracking moves, launchers, armor moves, ws properties, characters gameplans and signature moves, movement basics and maybe even an advanced movement tutorial

GG goes out of its way to show people legacy tech like throw OS shit.
Tekken has all this legacy tech but nothing is explained ingame.
Something that shows framedata would also be helpful in this clusterfuck of a game that has 300 moves per character.

The most useful Tekken beginner info I found that I started recommending to everybody is the list that shows 15 moves for a character.
It lists most basic things like good pokes, good punishers, good lows etc. You can give that to people and they wont go under in the movelist. Past that they can still evolve their gameplay by adding more tools.

All of those things are so nice to know and important but Tekken shows NOTHING.
Its lazy. I dont care about storymodes, I care about things that actually help improve the gameplay.
Something like online training is also missing in the game. Online modes are generally shit in this game.

There's no trial mode that includes basic bnbs either.

Tekken is sub par content wise. People expected more after TTT2 and such long delays. Harada did not deliver at all.
>>
How do I git gud?

I've yet to play online and I'm just mashing Lili and it's kinda working.

Help me be competent.

60+ combos aren't feasible.
>>
how do i not get juggled for half of my health?
>>
>>379681094
Don't get hit
>>
File: 1378090352719.jpg (766KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
1378090352719.jpg
766KB, 1000x944px
>go online
>all i fight are these fucking niggers who kbd and have 20 year long juggles

like where are the other new players? Do casuals not play this shit online? I mean shit at least in SFV you go into bronze and fight fucking new people what the fuck is this gay ass shit
>>
>>379680957
Couple of things while being a hypocrite.
One GG is a 2d fighting game is very different
Two SF, though also 2d fighting game but far more popular, doesn't show several of those things in its tutorial

Games do things differently. I'm very adament in the game loses nothing by not having a tutorial, people who would quit would have always quit with or without the tutorial. And people who want to learn will still strive to learn without a tutorial.

Would the tutorial help both of them take a step in their direction? sure maybe, casuals would leave cause oh no that combo is too hard or some shit, and people who wanted to stay could learn a bit quicker but the results would be the same.

More fighting games I play don't do that many details, mortal kombat and king of fighters sure as hell don't explain that much detail.
>>
>>379681094
Block high most of the time, dont throw out unsafe shit.
>>
>>379680639
I can KINDA see where you're coming from, without having already known shit assuming you have no internet you literally won't know certain shit about the game most likely. I figured that was SO that people would learn in a "each one teach one" type way. Or the way fighting games were before it became like Fightcade where people forgot GGPO stood for " Good Game Peace Out " and became tier-whoring trolls and shitposters who purposely hid tech.

>>379680957
Alright motherfucker no more tricks, which one of you am I really talking to? Well either way you guys are basically saying close to the same shit so you know my response.
>>
As someone whos played fighting games for years but avoided Tekken, how easy is it to get into ? Most of my local scene is people playing this and injustice and I want to have some options when im hanging around.
>>
it gets annoying when people play certain characters only so they can do those stupid 10 hit juggle combos
>>
I literally didn't buy this because of how loud, meme-y, and over the top the custom apparel options are. I don't want to be subjected to all that foolishness when online. They should have reserved a small amount of their options for expensive silly stuff , not the majority.

>Hurrr giant distracting rainbow dildo on Kazuya's back....EPIC LOL.
>>
>>379681223
Play story mode, then go play arcade mode as your favorite character, then go play arcade mode AGAIN as the same character on hard mode. Once you do all that you are ready for online. I bet you jumped into online without beating a single thing and having barely any practice. You need practice to do anything, at least 2 hours a day, but for getting good quickly probably 4-8. Assuming non neet otherwise as much time as physically possible.

Play for 4 hours, watch a video of pros, play for a few more hours, practice the combos you saw, and just keep repeating till you master it.
>>
>>379681342
Hit youtube for some tutorials and that'll help you ease into it.
>>
>Trying to open up someone with a Character without a good low
>trying to react to lows

Beyond frustrating I don't get this game's obsession with having some characters have tons of options with their strings and some characters have like a punishable string with maybe a low but lol its okay because the character has zoom in on hard hits aren't they strong XD
>>
>>379670763
It's worth about $30 or less, not much content.
>>
File: Heihachi_15.png (225KB, 480x444px) Image search: [Google]
Heihachi_15.png
225KB, 480x444px
Anyone who has played the Mishima saga can now clearly see that Heihachi literally did nothing wrong.
>>
why the fuc kis this game so hard. the muscle memory required to be good at this is liek learning an instrument
>>
>>379677410
Man everything in Tekken 4 was kind of weird

Cool game looking back
>>
>>379681534
If you're talking about the AI, it reads your input after a certain rank, if you're talking about online, then good luck.
>>
Newbie question but does Bryan have good pokes. It says hes a keep out kind of character so does that mean his buttons are overall good.
>>
Still hasn't fixed it's misogynistic content
>>
>>379681458
>Lets take scorpion and give him an eye-raping infra-red costume
>Wouldn't it be cool if Ryu dressed like vanillia ice?
There's awful fucking costumes in most popular games, the difference is that in this game you just build the pieces individually instead of them being sold to you as a $3.99 shitstain. Every game out now has a way to make yourself look terrible.
>>
>>379681510
>everyone in this thread shitting on the story
>I never liked heihachi msotly just cause of his playstyle isn't similar to mine
>forced to play him through whole story
>hate his playstyle even more, you janky weird ass old man
>through all of this love the whole heihachi literally was the good guy the whole time bullshit story

it's the best bullshit story of all time. Hey those 6 games where you thought he was the villian, well guess what, he was trying to save the world this whole time ya dumbo.
>>
>>379681269
You can be adamant all you like, doesnt change that people get frustrated and quit because of a lack of informations. Look at all the clueless shitters in the thread here who dont know how to deal with launchers or have ZERO understanding of anything because the game doesnt tell you shit.

And it absolutely doesnt fucking matter if GG is a 2D fighter or not. Stop being retarded. Like that line alone makes me think that you're a goddamn idiot not worth arguing with but I will still finish this post.

Everybody considers SFV a failure and shits on it all the time, but it STILL does those things better than Tekken. It actually does go over the absolute basic mechanics and character tools/gameplans with its demonstrations.
It does have trials. It shows highs and lows. It shows grabs and it shows specials/ex/super moves. It shows dashes and it shows the new series addition vskill and vtrigger too.
Tekken has none of that.

Worst thing is that none of those things take a lot of time to add. You can go crazy with the tutorial and the mission mode like GG does it but its not required.
You are defending devs delivering a lacking product. Tekken7 is absolutely lacking.

Last response you're getting from me because not only do you have NO argument, you are also being a thick headed fuck.
>>
>>379681501
It's the first tekken game with netcode good enough that i'm going to put in hundreds of hours online. Tag 2's netcode wasn't that bad, but the game itself wasn't nearly as suited to online as Tekken 7 is. That's more content than every other tekken combined by a mile.
>>
>>379681458
Its funny because the custom options are both obnoxious and lacking at the same time.

There's very little custom shit in general so people just spam the most ugliest shit possible.

Doesnt help that the custom assets legitimately look like PS2 shit.
>>
File: 1488592994678.png (766KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488592994678.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
>>379681475
>recommending arcade and story mode as practice
>>
>>379681729
The fanboy apologists are getting more and more insane.
>>
>>379681819
>story mode has a built in tutorial
>arcade mode has increasingly difficult enemies which help you progress in knowledge
What the fuck is wrong with you? Cause yes a tutorial that teaches you how to use 4 moves somehow is more involved.
>>
>>379681475
m8 i have my main up to fuckin juggernaught on treasure mode and have done arcade on hard.But yeah guess i gotta practice for weeks to learn how to move my fucking character. I know some juggles and shit but all i run in to are these fags who clearly have been playhing for 10+ years
>>
>>379681662
It's a bit different in Tekken's case, it's pushed as a feature and there's a system that promotes grinding for said stupid shit. In most games they're usually just one-off joke/fan service costumes, and they're usually not even in the initial release.

And anything NRS does is a bad example, since they have a fucking hard-on for unnecessary shit like shoehorned horror characters and EPIC pre-order costumes. they should honestly just make a horror fighter and get it out there system. No need for 4 fucking guest characters in any game with a roster as robust as MK.
>>
>>379681690
No he's still an asshole.
He stole the company from his father and turned it into a military organization.
Then he imprisoned his father in the company basement until he got posessed by some ghost or some shit.
>>
>>379681892
Who gives a fuck about casuals like you? Every other genre shits on casuals on /v/ but when it comes to fightan everyone suddenly goes full "muh roster" and "muh shit modes where I play the same boring cpu in a different context". Fuck you play a different genre. I'll start worrying about bringing people in when there's no one at my local to play against. 30 showed up for the first post-release tekken 7 tourney so I think we'll be fine without plebs like you.
>>
>>379681920
>10+ years
I know I called you a bitch, but do you really have to over exaggerate like a woman? Japan has had the game for 2 years, we can't deny the fact that if you fight a Japanese player you most likely will get your ass handed to you.

But other than that everyone has had the same game time, some people learn fast, some slow. Turn on rank, drop down to your level, then start learning from there.
>>
>>379682053
lmao
>>
>>379682028
I mean he isn't not an asshole. But he was trying to save the world, so hes a anti-hero. And then akuma comes to clean up his shit cause fuck if I know its cool I guess.
>>
What's the best toon to play in this iteration?
>>
>>379681971
>It's a bit different in Tekken's case, it's pushed as a feature and there's a system that promotes grinding for said stupid shit.

What the fuck does that have to do with what you said though?
> I don't want to be subjected to all that foolishness when online.

No matter the way you acquire them, you're going to see the shit online if someone has it.
>>
>>379681918
>"tutorial"
>input reading AI that doesnt behave like humans
>practice
>>
>>379682053
And this is why I kinda hate fighting games.
Pure assholes tend to be attracted to them, probably because they're wimpy bitches in real life and need to compensate.
>>
>>379682053
Ignore the shitposting mongoloids, they probably got BTFO earlier in the thread and lurk in the background like a fart trying to derail discussion.
>>
>>379682086
are you trying to imply that there arent people who have been playing since at least tekken 5 online right now? Are you this fucking retarded? My complaint is the fucking match making
>>
>>379682232
You hate fighting games because you're a bitch who can't handle losing. Fighting game companies have deluded themselves into thinking that bitches like you will actually keep playing the game if they dumb shit down, but you never do.
>>
>>379682152
He's not trying to save the world, he just hates his family because he fucked a demon.
He acted out of self defense against Kazumi, which was fair, but thats about it.
Everything after that is him being a retard or an asshole.

The whole T7 plot was about making the world think he's the hero when he's a cunt.
>>
>>379682232
>Lol eat shit fanboy
>fuck off
>wow how mean :(

What kind of response did you expect him to give, retard? How brand new do you have to be to think that a shitpost is going to be met with a kind response no matter what the game or genre?
Take your persecution complex somewhere else, faggot.
> I don't want to be subjected to all that foolishness when online.
Google the word "projecting" I think you'll learn something about yourself.
>>
File: 1495293237214.png (187KB, 541x595px) Image search: [Google]
1495293237214.png
187KB, 541x595px
Why is the soundtrack for T7 so bad? I wanted the jukebox version because I can at least play T4 ost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgf37ERwQMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-oyY1YMF_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlSkIzTJ9UY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6gSjJHaqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjr1RpH2Bl4
>>
>>379682086
>Japan has had the game for 2 years
What does it matter when T7 literally plays like every other Tekken that came before it?

I'm stomping everybody too because everything carries over, even matchup knowledge. The changes overall a pretty fucking minor compared to other fighting game sequels.
Tekken always treated sequels like other games treated patches.
>>
>>379682353
>You hate fighting games because you're a bitch who can't handle losing.

You are kinda dumb, aren't you? That is not even remotely close to what he was saying.
>>
>>379682353
>>379682439
I see I've struck a nerve.
You fighting game fags are so easy to trigger.
>>
How did Harada get away with making online so fucking worse that it makes original xbox games look better
>>
>>379681713
Tekken 7 shows what constitutes a high and low and mid
>>
>>379682440
Surely there will be sound change mods at some point.
Its not mega hard in SFV and both games are unreal so they should use similar file structures.
>>
>>379682593
Does it explain to players what highs, lows and mids are?
>>
>>379681789
Back in Tekken 5 you could customize shit like Devil Jin's wings, and putting a shirt on Kuma. You can't really do much of anything in this game. You can't really even make anything cool that won't look super generic so the natural response is probably what we see now.

>>379682521
>Merely pretending! Thanks for keeping the thread bumped.
>>
>>379682712
Some jackets and shirts dont even have matching pants.
What were they thinking?

I bet they are holding it all back to sell as DLC at some point.
>>
>>379682497
Thank you, this is literally what I was complaining about yet that fucking mouthbreathing retard can't seem to fathom that there are tekken fans who have been playing for over 10 years and are on t7 now.
>>
>>379681713
Tutorial doesn't matter, the kind of person who spends hours doing tutorials will search that shit up on youtube anyway. Goober Gear is basically dead unless you ask autists on discords to play (and if I was going to do that I'd play something good with good netcode and actual neutral like Melty) despite its apparently great tutorial.
>>
anyone else get sad when you try to practice the combos for hours and then cant perform them in online...i wish i could do those 40-50+ damage combos
>>
>>379682503
I dared to think differently than him, so fuck me I guess.

>>379682781
I heard the season pass was mostly going to be clothes dlc aside from 2 dlc characters.
>>
>>379682931
You should worry less about using perfectly optimal combos and focus on learning a few easy combos off your character's good launchers and counter-hit launchers and just get online and play games. You'll improve a lot more that way and the execution will come in time as you play. What character are you playing?
>>
>>379682853
There are some really loud and obnoxious tekken fanboy shitposters in these threads.

They will always try to misrepresent your argument and most of them are new/clueless anyways.
Not worth arguing with them, really.

>>379682931
Hitconfirming is a skill. Its pretty easy in Tekken because most combos are off launchers and launchers give you a GIGANTIC window to react to but its still something you gotta learn.

Focus on landing the first hit and then the follow up. Ignore the whole combo thing.
Just get the launcher into x and get that down consistently.
After that you can work on extending that which will be much easier.
>>
>>379682884
Explain why it has the second highest fighting game entrants in EVO then?
>>
>>379682884
Youtube doesnt explain what OTG recovery grabs are
>>
>>379676364
After hitting first dan all characters become first dan. Dude could've been playing a new character. Doesn't change much though
>>
>>379676862
he's the nearly if not the best he's ever been
>>
File: 57456826_p0.png (664KB, 533x700px) Image search: [Google]
57456826_p0.png
664KB, 533x700px
Most fun I've had with a fighting game in ages

Lucky is shit but fun
>>
>>379671178
Love the game, but you're right, the endings were pretty lackluster.
>>
File: giphy.gif (73KB, 675x227px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
73KB, 675x227px
>tfw killed a guy with a giant tuna after he whiffed rage art

worth 60 bucks desu
>>
>>379683167
Either way, love or hate the game thank you for your patronage. I will use this money on money tekken games that you will still buy despite how much you bitch because thats how lil your opinion means since you apparently suffer from Stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: mhhhh.png (30KB, 128x126px) Image search: [Google]
mhhhh.png
30KB, 128x126px
>>379684701
>not defending every single shit tier decision by a dev means that you dont actually like the game at all and suffer from stockholm syndrome
You are the insane type of fucker I'm talking about.

Dont even respond to me you crazy piece of shit.

PS: I bought it from a keysite for 30€ and I hope it will trigger a recharge so that Namco has to foot the bill.
>>
>>379671538
>>379671856
Plebs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrihEkmhZ5Q
>>
>>379684916
Aw now you don't even understand how key sites work, thinking namco would have to foot the bill on a bad key. Yup I will end this as, I think the game is fine, not its not the same as other tekken games, if your arguement is I can do same combos than you are a moron. You can do the same combos from fucking sf3 in sf5 that doesn't make them the same game. Hell to some extent even sf2 and sf5 have the same combos and I'd love for you to tell me they are the same game.

You can complain as much as you want you spent money on the game, thus having them make another sequel. The game is good, and you don't matter but thanks for your patronage.
>>
best song coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5dj-sZ8Fk
>>
>>379678018

I think tekken has a change this time SF dropped the ball and GG even thou it is very good turns off alot of people because of the anime asthetic.
>>
File: lars.png (2MB, 1310x1472px) Image search: [Google]
lars.png
2MB, 1310x1472px
why does no one good play lars?
>>
>>379685983
I'm decent and lars is one of my back ups, but at the end of the day I just rather play Akuma or Paul
>>
File: tekken_7_lee_choalan.jpg (34KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
tekken_7_lee_choalan.jpg
34KB, 825x464px
I forgot this guy was in the game.
>>
>play tekken since T2
>have no idea about tiers, concept of frames, launchers, punishers, all that shit
>win consistently
sometimes I think you retards are just deluding yourself with this overcomplexification of basic mechanics, just learn the character, try to predict opponent's actions and block accordingly before striking after an opening, it's that simple
>>
Just bought it, my first fighting game in decades. Played the arcade mode and it's ending credits after 4 fights. WTF? Am I missing something?
>>
>>379687334
Arcade mode is exactly what it says it is.
If you want cutscenes go to story mode.
Treasure Battle is endless fights and it gives you customization items, so if you just want to fight with your favorite characters you'll want to go there.
>>
File: 1496943621286.png (433KB, 1322x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1496943621286.png
433KB, 1322x1432px
>>379672093
>>mash ultra comeback move to win
So you didn't actually play it, good
>>
>>379670763
Pirate it
>>
>>379687218
try playing against good people
>>
>>379687218
Tekken is actually kind of baby tier compared to most other fighters.
>>
how do I do Yoshimitsu's crouching df1 after his b2,1?
>>
>>379687939
Maybe this is historically true, but its main modern competition is SFV, and if you think SFV is more hardcore than T7 you're just straight wrong.
>>
>>379685973
Forget it. Tekken dropped the ball in most ways SFV did too and does some things even worse.

I already stopped playing this game online at all because the lobbies are shit and kick you back into them after every single match instead of just allowing instant rematches or FT10.

Only thing it truly does better is having a bigger roster, but even then this is much less than what Tekken used to offer.
>>
File: jaycee kangz.jpg (582KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jaycee kangz.jpg
582KB, 1200x1200px
>>379670763
If we only compare it to other Tekkens:
Absolutely the best gameplay, the worst customization with mediocre character variety.
>>
>>379689259
>lobbies are shit
This is my biggest complaint along with lack of tutorial, what were they thinking?
>>
>>379689030
I'm just comparing entry barrier and skill ceiling here, anon. Tekken is slightly her in the former, but noticeably smaller in the latter.
>>
>>379689424
Nah, running halfway across the map to tackle someone was great. Making that shit hard to do is stupid.
>>
File: IMG_0293.gif (2MB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.gif
2MB, 400x170px
>>379670763
> replies: 244
> posters: 85
>>
>>379671178
> Gameplay is way better than tag

IT'S THE EXACT FUCKING GAME EXCEPT TAG YOU FUCKING RETARDS.

Fucking Tekkenfags I swear. Gtfo /v/ already.
>>
>>379689895
So the avg person post 3 times? Whats wrong with that. There were several debates and discussions thats how this works you know. But I forget some of you have no idea what a conversation is.
>>
>>379689664
Why do you say that?
>>
>>379689994

>IT'S THE EXACT FUCKING GAME EXCEPT TAG

What on earth does this mean? This post is making me so mad
>>
>>379690978
> Tekkenfags can't read

Figures as much.
>>
File: 1495250209050.jpg (30KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1495250209050.jpg
30KB, 649x649px
>Make Christie as a replacement for Eddie
>Drop her after 3 games
>bring eddie back as the main one

B R A V O

B
A
N
D
A
I
>>
>>379689994
Did you even play tag lmao
>>
File: 1495719938147.jpg (682KB, 1075x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1495719938147.jpg
682KB, 1075x1583px
Paul's damage is fucking retarded the guy when has that rage thing one has an almost instant one hit-attack that does like 50% of your hp i mean i get if its Jack doing it because he has windup out his ass but Paul is fast as fuck.
>>
So they made the soundtrack unbearable on purpose so they can sell the old soundtracks as optional DLC later right?
>>
>>379691281
> Christie "WHERE'S EDDY!?" Montiero

Only loss here is eventual SFM. I don't another wasted slot situation like fucking Kuma/Panda alternate skin/model would be fine though.
>>
>>379691517
weebfags loved it though
>>
>>379691447
Deathfists are like random DPs in SF. They're a problem untill you learn how to bait the fags and then destroy them.

The REAL problem is, like in SF with Ken, running into a Paul that actually does know how to play.
>>
>>379691616
They did? Teeth-grinding dubstep is weebshit now?
>>
>>379691447
in all fairness, that and demoman are just about the only things paul has going for him

his other moves are pretty slow and dont have great frame data, also not alot of utility in his other moves. His gameplan is basically knock you down then make you guess if he's going low with demoman, or mid with death fist

paul is the ultimate retard 50/50 character
>>
>>379689895
You're too used to threads that are filled with kids whose sole contribution to the discussion is plopping out a single shitpost to stir the antpile. Kind of like what you're doing.
>>
>>379691517
why would they sell it if PS4 got it for free?
>>
>>379691978
explain
>>
>>379671681
>I play Tekken for the story.
w-wow really? i skipped through all of the videos.
>>
>>379670763
even though it's tekken it's amazing. it's definitely the best fighting game released so far this year.
>>
One of the most fun fighting games i ever played
>>
>>379692071
jukebox
>>
>>379692351
explain in detail
>>
>>379692154
yeah. when i was kid i used to connect my ps/ps2 to the vcr and record all the story cutscenes. then i would write and draw fanfic comics. those skills as a child has led me to become a talented concrete layer
>>
>>379692557
Please post those fanfics.
>>
>>379692421
You can set the music from character select to stage music and even shit like online mode to music from all past Tekken games.
>>
>>379691517
I actually like the soundtrack except for Helipad Night
>>
>>379677128
what 3 hit combo launches with King?
>>
>>379692612
cool. but why is it only for ps4
>>
>>379674286
Faggot nigger
>>
I'LL SNAP YOU LIKE A TWIG
>>
>>379692557
wish I had your talents, I was mixing mortar the other day and I accidentally got fucking lime on me and it singed my calf
>>
>>379692597
>Jin, we can't...! That's forbidden love!
>I've long forgotten the meaning of the word "forbidden"...
>Panda...
>>
>>379692750
Because Sony either payed for it, or there were problems with actually using that music on a system that isn't PS
>>
>>379692750
dunno

apparently it's coming to PC at a later date according to their twitter
>>
>>379692750
Sony bribed Namco for it
>>
>>379689994

oh boy another person who has never played tag
>>
>>379687939

In what way.
>>
>>379692597
they were mainly just dumb fight match ups with cringey dialogue. theyre in storage somewhere

>>379693004
no lewds im afraid but go on...
>>
>>379693258
>hey were mainly just dumb fight match ups with cringey dialogue.
exactly, it'd be entertaining.
>>
>>379685861

My man. This is the only track that will last the test of time in this game.
>>
File: 1470997577861.jpg (127KB, 789x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470997577861.jpg
127KB, 789x792px
>>379685861
How the fuck can you focus on inputs with this shit
>>
File: 14709975917861.jpg (100KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14709975917861.jpg
100KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5Eo5Aji1I
>>
>tfw tekken will always be weeb garbage
>tfw we will never get another stylish tekken with early 2000s aesthetic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT-ZtK0Gi8
>>
>inb4 ppl complaining about ps4 input lag
>>
>>379693940
why wouldn't they though
>>
>>379694017
Because it's all in their head, in a game where your fastest move is 10 frames, it doesn't matter that much compared to a fighting game that has 3 frame moves because thats when the problems arise, just look at the obvious offender, SFV. There is no doubt whatsoever that the PC version is the superior one but I feel like the input lag is creating some sort of placebo effect on people. i'm not disputing the numbers I am disputing if the small differences actually affects gameplay.
>>
>>379671039

It's a great tekken tradition that they go "aahhh my back/guts", so shut up.
>>
Wheres the cheapest you found the game on PC? cdkeys has it for $42.
>>
>>379694267

input lag at up to 8f is a big deal in any fighting game you play. Reaction is still very much an important factor and all the lag just makes it harder. PC edition does not have that issue and T7 plays as it should be played.
>>
Its kinda shit desu. There's not much single player replay value and ''''high level'''' tekken is le spacing into oh he did a move time to whiff punish with my launcher and execute one of my memorized juggles for 50 % of his health bar

game is trash desu and unpopular for a reason
>>
File: keanoway.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
keanoway.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>379694943
Are you retarded by any chance? It's okay if you are. If you're not, then your shitposting could use some work.
>>
File: 1496482008798.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496482008798.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
>>379671929
what do you have against Lucky Chloe players?
She is literally trash character and extremely underpowered and needs buffs direly.

You can't possibly have problems dealing with her?
>>
>>379672093
>mash ultra comeback move to win
The only people who I've seen consistently pull of rage arts are Saint and JDCR. Everyone else is just gambling.
>>
the story mode is jank but tell me a fighting game story mode besides GGXrd that isn't eventually going to boil down to overly cheap boss fights.

The multiplayer is golden on pc, can't vouch for consoles as I only have the steam version.

I've easily already gotten 60 dollars worth of value from this game in just a weeks time.
>>
>>379694924
I do like that most use the input lag an excuse for not doing good. Imagine if you only played on the PS4 and never touched the PC version of Tekken, how will your reactions be if you've spent hours upon hours practicing and playing on the PS4 version? You'll get used to it and never notice it.
>>
>>379695096
dont bother posting if you have no argument, troll
>>
>>379671929
> Lucky Chloe
She can't punish shit till -14 frames and pretty much everything she does is unsafe. She hasn't even got that much to mix you up with, half the time you can interrupt what when she tries.

You lose to Chloe you deserved it.
>>
>>379695419

I do perfectly fine on PS4 and PC, it does not excuse 8f of lag however. Seeing as they add it to make offline feel like online they should add the option to remove it for offline play.

And if you crossed over to PC after PS4 your timings would be messed up in the beginning but you would adjust.
>>
>>379694924
I wonder if PC version will ever be tournament standard. Or atleast be the one most people play on. Because it looks like PS4 is winning that contest, input lag be damned.
>>
File: Versing Shin Akuma in Tekken 7.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Versing Shin Akuma in Tekken 7.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Shin Akuma's raging demon man... Fuck that guy
>>
>>379695620
If anything going from PS4 to PC would make your reactions even better i feel.
>>
>>379670763
The game is great. Best fighting game you could get right now.
PC version runs flawlessly and is amazing too.
>>
>>379682440

I like the T4 soundtrack, but sometimes they feel too chill. There's not enough hype for exciting matches.

Also use jukebox though, it's great.
>>
>>379696021
And the PC version runs on configs that could be considered toasters in early 2017, so factually you can play on a machine that costs way less than a console
>>
>>379695792
jump fgt
>>
>tfw trying to do dragunov's f3~d/f~u 1

hoo boy this is going to take a lot of hours in practice.
>>
>>379695792
you just jump and akuma's rage art whiffs
the biggest deal is that he can fake the rage art and actually do a gohadouken instead
>>
>>379691447
Paul main since T1 here. Paul is a flow chart noob stomper. That's why it took Expert rank before I even lost my first ranked game. You can't just throw out random shit when you're fighting him cause then you'll be eating counter 1 hit smashes. We're always looking for that free opening so don't give any. Use intelligent pressure, jabs, stay close and you'll wear him down.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.