[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For someone's that's never played a Yakuza game, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: yakuza-2.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-2.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
For someone's that's never played a Yakuza game, is this an okay start?

I'm going to buy a game tomorrow for E3, but I'm not sure which one.

>Nioh
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Wipeout
>Yakuza Zero
>Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5
>>
>>379669481
Yes, it's the perfect start.
>>
>>379669481
Probably the best start aside from the original game.
>>
>>379669574
>>379669635
What do I even do? Is it just GTA, except Japan focused with silly antics? And less shitty open-world and more third person brawler?
>>
>>379669893
Its kinda like a JRPG but with beat em up game play and a ton of side content
>>
File: Screenshot_14.jpg (60KB, 424x426px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.jpg
60KB, 424x426px
>>379670072
I was already interested, but you've sold it. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>379669481
If you end up liking Yakuza 0, they re-published Yakuza 1-4 and you can get them for a nice price. I just started playing it for the first time and just finished 2
>>
>>379669481
No, for Yakuza, you should absolutely start from the beginning and play in order of release.
>>
>>379669481
That's a good start.
They're mostly self contained stories and good in any order (although some plots points might be spoiled, but you still get the impact).
>>
>>379670072
A LOT of side content.
>>
>>379669481
I was ultimately disappointed with y0. the combat system is a mess and really the only reason to use anything other than basic combos is the spectacle and that takes looking up whatever retarded combination of buttons you need for special moves and heat moves that are impossible to remember. too much waiting for everything like entering and exiting restaurants. not that much of the side content is all that fun.
>>
>>379669893
To call it a GTA clone is far from the truth, even Sleeping Dogs is far from what Yakuza is. It is a third person brawler with RPG elements where you can level up your character's health bar, movesets, and strength. You don't explore a world with "THE LARGEST MAP EVER", you explore a small district on foot that has lots of things to do in terms of side quests and minigames, most which will take you hours to do and some of which become useful for the numerous boss fights. Since Yakuza 0 is a prequel to the entire series its the perfect starting point, not just because of where it fits in storywise but because of how it refined combat mechanics throughout the years, I cannot recommend this game enough.
>>
>>379671150
There's nothing complicated about the move inputs. You're right about the heat moves though. There's a ton of them and you'll never remember most of them, some of which require you to be in very specific situations you won't often find yourself in. The same can be said about your upgrade wheel, there were more than a few moves I had unlocked that by the end of the game, I hadn't used once.

Didn't stop it from being my GOTY, though.
>>
>>379669481
Yakuza Kiwami releases in two months or so, it's pretty much the original. I've decided to get that one since i've never played a Yakuzi game.
>>
>>379672698
Not him but my biggest problem is context moves seem difficult to reliably get. In particular doing counter moves in the legendary styles is difficult while also being stupidly powerful. I never never get the timing for them down.
>>
File: 450-187108077-orange-fruit[1].jpg (110KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
450-187108077-orange-fruit[1].jpg
110KB, 450x450px
>>379673229
I just learned to not bother with looking any of them up for the most part. Made it that much more exciting when they would trigger on accident.
>>
>>379672909
That's the first? Huh?
>>
>>379673832
Kiwami is a remake of the first game
>>
>>379673965
Eh, I'll just get 0 and then 1 in two weeks then.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.