[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, I found out the most fucked up thing the other day. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: notmoba.jpg (19KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
notmoba.jpg
19KB, 400x398px
Ok, I found out the most fucked up thing the other day. I'm working at this game studio, and the game project we're working on is a moba. Sounds good, right? Well, hold that excitement, because this game is JACKED UP.

>plays nothing like LoL or Dota 2
>no lane phase, just constant fights and "jungling"
>no teams, instead the game modes are deathmatch shit like a fucking brawler, save for the one team deathmatch mode I suppose
>no straight up supports, characters are all different kinds of damage dealers
>has a fucking jump button and mechanics like jumping OVER terrain, jumping to higher or lower terrain, wall jumps, and fucking going up/down stairs and elevators and shit while fighting
>game is futuristic themed instead of a proper forest like other mobas
>no last hitting

Seriously, the fuck are they thinking? They're taking out all the shit that makes games like League and Dota great, and making it some fucking top down mindless action brawler, why? People aren't gonna want to play this shit, why would they when LoL exists?

Is there any way I can sabotage this project, this studio needs to learn a lesson for trying to create some dumb shit like this.
>>
File: 1388988627172.jpg (6KB, 216x243px) Image search: [Google]
1388988627172.jpg
6KB, 216x243px
>>379661775
>Is there any way I can sabotage this project
Do whatever they tell you. That's the best way to sabotage it.
>>
>>379661775
Sabotage it by telling them it sucks, and then to either ditch the MOBA theme or watch some gameplay of actual MOBAs.
>>
>>379661775
That sounds fun anon. When can we expect it to be released?
>>
>>379661930
>>379662072
why the fuck are you guys replying to this thread jesus /v/ come on
>>
>>379662157
Because none of this shit matters. You think 4chan is serious business or something?
>>
>>379662090
How is it fun, you don't even have a fucking team. Its just deathmatches. What skill is there in that?
>>
>>379662212
Not who you're talking to, but there is less skill in team-based games.
>>
>>379661775
Man it's been a while since i last have seen this pasta
>>
>>379662278
Wrong, team based takes more skill. You need to learn to do proper drafts, know what characters go with what kind of team comps, etc. Deathmatches is just you picking some shit and killing shit mindlessly. Fuck sakes, without team dynamics, that means the only characters can be damage dealers, that means no support characters that are strictly healers or shielders. How the fuck is that fun or healthy for the game?
>>
>>379663659
You have a very incorrect definition of skill. You're confusing it with luck and knowledge. It's all meaningless if you cannot execute what you want to do which is an individual effort.
>>
>>379661775
It may not be MOBA, but it's still ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
>>379663659
>being able to spread ability amongst team with the requirement of basic game knowledge = having more solo skill

Lol KYS
>>
>>379663850
That term is for games with lanes and destroying a nexus, from what I've seen of this game so far, there's no "destroying the nexus" mechanics, some maps have objectives for winning but there's no team strategies on the majority of these maps due to no teams.

>>379663747
Excuse me, how is utilizing teamwork and learning how to draft properly luck? You also forget these games teach social skills, you need to be able to get along with your teammates and put aside grudges. This game will just be you killing everyone else over and over til it ends, like an arena shooter. How is that even fun, or skillfull, or mentally engaging? Games like dota and league push your mind to the limit, this? Fuck no.
>>
>>379663984
Why do you think these games have become more team oriented? LoL used to allow solo carry, Riot has been dampening it severely, because it isn't conducive to teamwork, it isn't fun for the enemy players to get stomped by one person, and it isn't that skillful to have one person just own the enemy team because "he's just that good". I'm sorry, but why should someone be able to solo half the team with fucking Zed for example? This game design limits character designs, solo play focused means you can't have supports, a character that primarily heals and doesn't do damage will be literally useless in a non team based game. And it shows, all the designs for this are assassins and warriors and ranged assassin type shit. This game will be limited as fucking hell. No sorakas, no malfurions, no sonas, no venomancers or dazzles. Is that your idea of fun?
>>
>>379661775
You graduated from Digipen? How long did that take you anyway?
>>
There was a Warcraft III mod called Fight of Characters.
My entire class used to play it during high school. It was basically just what you described, except with characters taken from other tv shows and video games.

It was just a death match with a "jungle" and a shop, and you'd spend 30 minutes killing each other. It was actually a lot of fun.
>>
>>379664332
I dropped out, and ended up going my own way. talent is worth more than game design school anyway.
>>
>>379661775
>>no lane phase, just constant fights and "jungling"
This sounds a fuckton like battlerite, except for the jungling part
>>
>ASSFAGGOTS
>"skill"
>>
>>379664342
But was it skillfil? I doubt it. Was it balanced? Oh I HIGHLY doubt that. No way in hell would such a game become an esport. This team is sabotaging themselves, if you're gonna make a moba, you gotta make sure its gonna be an esport and support that. Nobody is gonna want to watch tournaments of assassins and shit all running around ganking each other nonstop. If people wanted that, Riot would just make their tournaments be pros picking assassins and carries and roaming the map as they please, instead of following the meta.
>>
>>379664480
There's another aspect of this I hate but I'll go into it soon.

>>379664532
Play LoL then tell me it takes no skill. I'd go up against you and destroy you with Fizz in mid lane.
>>
your making starcraft?
>>
>>379664814
I wish, least that would be an esport.
>>
>>379664538
Is any game ever actually balanced? Even TF2 wasn't 100% balanced. The whole model of balance is ridiculous.
>>
>>379664961
But competitive games should a least try. How will you balance a game around all the characters being damage dealers? Even proper games like lol and dota 2 have issues with balance.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.