[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played Overwatch and my friends want me to play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

I've never played Overwatch and my friends want me to play Comp with them because I'm really good at CS. Played in Cal-I/Cal-P back in 1.6

I heard the games playerbase is fucking retarded though. How true is this image?
>>
it's 100% true; you will blame everyone but yourself for losing
>>
>>379638113
I can definitely self critique myself when I fuck up, if i overextend or peek in CS, etc.

How would it be my fault if the team composition is garbage or someone is griefing exactly?
>>
Put an escalator with; bastion, mccree, reaper, mei, junkrat, lucio, and zarya's faces on it and call it "the best characters," escalator. Then put genji on a bycicle and place a label called "bonus points honk rider," this will be the carry like a boss panel.
>>
>>379637919
I played an Overwatch free weekend and hated that it was a combination of TF2 and League of Legends while managing to be a shallower game than either. I don't know if you would like it, but if they only want to play with you because you're good at CS and are assuming you'll be good at overwatch I would advise you to get some new friends.
>>
>>379638408

because you necessarily participate in creating the comp, and most self centered assholes refuse to adapt to make the most of the rest of the comp, in blind cocksucking service to "the meta"
>>
>no mics

this is a blessing

everyone, even high ranks, has trash comms that only make the team tilt and play like shit
>>
>>379638408
Don't even argue with literal retards that say it's one person's fault for losing a teamwork based game. You'll not win that argument.
>>
File: 1488593509764.png (424KB, 519x903px) Image search: [Google]
1488593509764.png
424KB, 519x903px
>>379638886
>trying to follow the meta, the tried and true best way to win, is being self centered
I want to get off this crazy ride of hanzo and widowmaker mains
>>
>>379639039
>not being able to communicate is good
stay silver
>>
>>379637919
>I've never played Overwatch and my friends want me to play Comp with them because I'm really good at CS. Played in Cal-I/Cal-P back in 1.6

you will find that overwatch has 0 competitive viability because of its retarded press R to win design, and you will get tired of it in <20 hours
>>
>>379637919
I think the issue with League, Dota, Overwatch and other games where you queue with randoms is that you can't feel yourself getting mechanically better. Sometimes you'll rise extremely fast and other times you'll just lose 10 games in a row.

That element of randomness makes solo queue not as competitive as people actually think it is. Playing a team with these games is like playing an entirely different game
>>
>>379639107
>contributing negatively to the residual comp rather than adapting to whats there isn't selfish because i saw my pick on youtube

ok
>>
>>379639209

wow here is one right now, a toxic retard who thinks he is a coach or something

blocked and muted, don't need you calling out dumbass obvious shit
>>
Did you save that image 5 times from twitter or something holy shit that compression
>>
Don't worry, Blizz is the best at balance :^)
>>
>>379639601
note the remnants of the ifunny watermark in the corner
>>
>>379639459
>rather than possibly listen to what my teammate is going to do to coordinate with him, even without his knowledge, even if it's wrong, I'm gonna mute anyone who says anything because i'm better than everyone and my individual skill will surely carry me forward
that guy said it right the first time. Stay silver.
>>
Yes, it will be everyone else's fault except for yourself. And you should take the time let your team know it. Especially the shitters who aren't pulling their weight and making it pretty much 5v6. You have to tell them how fucking trash they are at a videogame made for fun for the sake of negative reinforcement. How else will they learn?
And if they don't learn, throw the game, you're above people who don't play to your expectations.
>>
>>379637919
Actual reality: You're shit.
>>
>>379637919

>I played in Cal-I/-Cal-P back in 1.6
>I was good at something 15 years ago

you're probably washed up as fuck if you have to ref something that old
>>
>>379637919
Rank is, over enough games, a representation of your skill. Not the other way around.
>>
>>379639814
bro competitive video games used to be for people who could play competitively

people who couldn't sank like a stone or get tired of losing and left. now games like this are designed where the skill floor is almost the same height as the skill ceiling

yeah, people who are shit should be told they're shit, because fuck off and if you can't take it pick a sissier hobby than video games.
>>
A single strong player can't carry a weak team.

A single retard can make a strong team lose.

It's never about having the better players, but not having the biggest retard.
>>
File: confused negro.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused negro.png
74KB, 300x256px
>Playing a game competitively

Why? Games are entertainment, not grueling competitions. I know that some people enjoy that, but it's just such an alien concept to me. Especially in games like Overwatch where the only thing you get from playing competitively is a number on your profile and a golden weapon or two.
>>
>>379639289
>mechanically better
This is a meme especially for shit like League, mechanics do not matter as much as having a single fucking brain cell rattling around in that cage.

Learning fucking basic cause and effect and how to make decisions will get you plat EASILY. Plat is full of HOT GARBAGE.
>>
>>379637919
More retarded than leagues by a stretch. At least league doesn't let you use voice comms through the client.
>>
>>379638408
You can only focus on your own game, litterally no one else in the game matters. If your team misplays who cares, blaming them isn't going to help you is it? And no one plays a 20-30 minute game without mistake, there's always something so you have a lot to go over.

Less time blaming your team more time looking at your plays. Overwolf has a replay system which is great for checking your deaths and kills so you can look at those mistakes you made.
>>
I've climbed from gold to diamond over the course of the seasons and the grass has never bee greener
unless shit actually gets better even higher up every rank seems just as shitty as each other so just mute everyone and have some fun.
hanzo mains had the right idea all along
>>
>>379640325
Because it's fun to improve at deep games, and there aren't many feelings that can compare to the ones you experience due to close games with a rival.
Anyone that's playing overwatch competitively is a retard though. That or ignorant.
If you think gaining anything physical is what makes competition worthwhile you're not really cut out for it in the first place, and that's okay.
>>
>>379640325
It's almost like some people have fun competing over each other.... woah damn I'm getting an aneurism from thinking to much
>>
>>379640807
But you can improve through casual play as well, and without any pressure, can you not?

>>379641007
But why? Why would you play a game all serious and probably enjoy it less than you would without the constant pressure of performing well on your back?

To me, playing vidya competitively is taking something that is meant to be a relaxing, fun pastime activity and making it into an exercise. It just don't make sense.
>>
>>379640765
This is the objective best way to deal with overwatch comp, but at times it can be trying seeing all the fucking retarded shit people insist on doing. If you can't handle the idea that something like 80% of games are decided by the matchmaker with no opportunity for any individual to affect the outcome aside from actively throwing or literally single handedly carrying, don't play this game.
>>
>>379641515
Blizz will patch it soon :^)
>>
File: 1472344108783.png (345KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1472344108783.png
345KB, 500x560px
>mfw made it to plat without saying a thing in chat or having chat on at all
>tfw I had a comfy experience without having to deal with any toxic player or anyone yelling at me

feels good. I couldn't care less about reaching diamond. I just wanted my gold weapon with no hassle from the community and I did just that.
>>
The odds that you're not a part of the problem are massively against you
>>
>>379639790
childhood is not using a mic because you think you are better than everyone else
adolescence is using the mic to communicate gameplan
adulthood is realizing the chat wheel and pings are all you need to communicate effectively
>>
>>379641371
You have a non-competitive personality then. Everyone plays vidya for a different reason, a lot of people play it to fuel their competitive drive. Let's say you're a 5'4 fat manlet but you want to win at something, you aren't going to excel at a sport any time soon if ever, so you can play a competitive video game to get a similar effect as playing a sport.
>>
>people unironically go into comp without using a microphone
>people unironically go into comp thinking its okay to lose

Its not okay to lose at anything. It makes you weak. If you dont care about winning in vidoegames you are a gamecuck and should stay in the casual/party mode of whatever you play
>>
File: fb4.png (256KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
fb4.png
256KB, 500x481px
>>379641515
>Literally any MP team game ever.

Not saying you're wrong but this is nearly always the case with "team" games; games in which composition and synergy with allied players do matter (LoL, TitanF2, Dota, Tribes:A)

A better game will emphasize the contribution of individual skill. OW, however, is super reliant on synergy with ultimates - the quicker you can combo them together the better your chances of getting that objective. I'm undecided if the inability of pubs to press a button simultaneously is a damming factor of the game design or the players themselves.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.