[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys hate Brutal Doom? Hard Mode: don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
Why do you guys hate Brutal Doom?
Hard Mode: don't mention the creator
>>
Is there suppose to be something notable about the creator?
>>
i prefer vanilla
>>
It's designed in a way where it tries to make Doom "too hard", such as stronger and faster enemies, reloading and faking the enmies taking too much time.
It's as if the mod was less about good gameplay design and more about its appeal on being an edgier Doom.
>>
>>379637002
It takes essentially pure FPS game and bloats it with modern shit. It's ok, but for MP vanilla is better. What are some good DOOM MP mods/mappacks aside from the skulltag pack and 32in24_11?
>>
File: 1466857346631.png (816KB, 1780x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1466857346631.png
816KB, 1780x1050px
>>379637064
Something to do with stolen artsets, terrible coding (despite nobody having actual issues, except for BD64's lightning being an enemy and the latest version of GZDoom not working), acting like an asshole, linking someone depressed on how to kill themselve and a bunch of other stuff i guess?
>>
I hate nu-male games journalists claiming that it's 'the way the game was meant to be played'. Brutal Doom on it's own is a fun side thing, but no replacement for vanilla.
>>
>>379637002
I don't hate it. it's just that there are much better mods than it.
and that every normie treats it like the second coming of Jesus is annoying
>>
>>379637703
I hate how they even write about it in the first place, when they could have given more exposure to a lesser known mod that could be better.
>>379637773
This, because even if they change the gameplay completely, they still try to be balanced and well designed.
>>
It doesn't have soul like vanilla.
>>
Anyone have a list of Doom mods that they think it's good?
>>
I also heard that at least some of Mark's maps were good
>>
>>379637002
>Why do you guys hate Brutal Doom?
the edgy absolutely unnecessary taunts ("b-but don't use them" well they're still in the mod and something a 10 year old would find cool)
when played in classic mode, BD is cool.
>>
>>379637479
For a mod that claims to "improve Doom", it has a reason for being popular by people who would usually like COD
>>
It overtook the Doom community and now you can't play classic Doom without it being involved somehow, be it by having a significant portion of servers running it or retards complaining that you aren't.
>>
It is fun, but it makes a lot of game mechanics changes to both monster behavior and their skill sets. None-the-less some weapons like the Rocket Launcher feel weaker while the chaingun being solid in vanilla is a wrecking machine in Brutal.
>>
>>379638074
And yet it's way better than vanilla. After playing brutal doom and going back to original everything literally feels so fucking slow.
>>
File: 66813.jpg (31KB, 291x400px) Image search: [Google]
66813.jpg
31KB, 291x400px
>>379639567
>the edgy absolutely unnecessary taunts ("b-but don't use them" well they're still in the mod and something a 10 year old would find cool)

I hate to break this to you Anon, but Doom itself is built on the idea of what a 10 year old would find cool.

Romero has always been a giant manchild.
>>
>>379637002
Its a good mod that got praised way more than its deserve. Overhyped even. I don't deny its qualities, I just think there are a lot of better mods out there.

My favorite its the one that polish doom graphics and gameplay to the maximum, with more frames and new animations to the demons.

I don't really see too much value in making doom more like modern shooters. I hate modern shooters. But thats just me.
>>
>>379638294
just go to the /vr/ general
>>
>>379640313
there is a difference between "le epik middle finger that makes le monsters go angry xD" and just 10 year old tier edge, blood and gore.
one is just edge, one is stupid. it's like comparing Postal and Hatred. "they're both edgy games for 10 year olds" well yes but not in the same way.
>>
>>379638294
https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/vr/image/1467/42/1467421002740.png
>>
>>379641851
needs to be updated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4UGtGzFgk

Might as well make guides for different categories
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.