[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it upset you guys so much that some people like different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1494054931762.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494054931762.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Why does it upset you guys so much that some people like different games than you, and have different tastes?
>>
Why would a community of literary enthusiasts be upset that their conversations would shift to discussing Twilight, or Fifty Shades of Grey?

It's not inherently wrong to like something, but if it's really low entry or even objectively bad stuff it's better not to pollute a community of enthusiasts with your presence.
>>
>>379623491
Lmao don't you dare compare videogames to literature
>>
>>379624282
>It's not inherently wrong to like something, but if it's really low entry or even objectively bad stuff it's better not to pollute a community of enthusiasts with your presence.

This applies to every artistic medium
>>
>>379622474
what are you talking about. /v/ loves all types of games. just as long as they're not popular
>>
>>379624484
I wouldn't even consider videogames an artistic medium. It's a hobby for kids
>>
>>379622474
It doesn't.

I just came here to say that the natural world is fucking nasty.
>>
>>379622474
I actually get more upset at people trashing games I like for really petty or shoddy reasons. Otherwise, you can like any game you like, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>379624614
So is every artistic medium.
>>
>>379622474
To an extent, there's nothing wrong with it.

But when resources and/or developer focus are dedicated to bad things and we get awful games, THAT'S when there's a problem.
>>
>>379622474
Uhhh what is this webm?
>>
>>379625004
Guy kills a zombie praying mantis, revealing a huge parasite living inside
>>
Having a three digit IQ and playing video games is suffering.
>>
>>379625004
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2635197/Like-scene-Alien-Giant-parasite-worm-living-inside-praying-mantis-jumps-host-killed-insect-spray.html
>>
>>379624506
Popular /v/ core exists. Stuff like F-zero GX or wario land 4. No one says these
games are bad, they just sometimes call out people who are only talking about them for cool club points.
>>
>>379624724
So like:
>It's bad because it's overrated
>It doesn't run on 60FPS
>It's bad because of the fandom
>It requires you to wait at times
>>
>>379625004
Proof that OP is a faggot who makes uninteresting threads and tries to get bumps he doesn't deserve.
>>
Anybody got that webm of the giant katydid killing the smaller insect? The fucking face on that big bug is the stuff my nightmares are made of
>>
>>379624724
>nitpicking

Try not having shit taste and being a manchild whose emotionally invested in a game. You will rationalize anything as nitpicking. If they are flat out wrong refute them.
>>
>>379626241
Try not being a bitter frigid cunt.
>>
>>379625686
Since when are those games popular in the same sense as Uncharted or Battlefield?
>>
>>379623491
They discuss Wuthering Heights seriously, that shit is as bad as Fifty Shades of Grey. Hell videogames are better written. And can't even grasp why it's considered literature
>>
Worst offender is when /v/ dishes games that the board would actually be pretty fond of (challenging, precise, tight gameplay, non-casual) just because of board-wide social reasons, such as being pixel art or still being in early access.

As a collective, /v/ hates non-nintendo triple A shit, but also hates indies and doesn't give a single fuck about inbetween studios so it doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>379626869
Those are just mediocre games. F-zero GX and wario land 4 are popular as hell, they are just a bit old.

I suppose fallout new vegas would be the obvious one for popular AAA game /v/ likes.
>>
>>379627119
>just because of board-wide social reasons

A games fanbase says a lot about the game itself. It has to be doing something to appeal to retards and most likely doesn't meet the criteria you laid out very well.
>>
>>379622474
Because we have the power to influence this industry. If most people have different tastes than mine in games, they'll buy games that I don't like and the only games released are going to be games that I don't like. This is why shitting on those with different tastes is a good thing.
>>
>>379625989
I'll fucking fight you, faggot
>>
File: spathi.gif (37KB, 483x213px) Image search: [Google]
spathi.gif
37KB, 483x213px
>>379628678
Because the industry will respond to whiny faggots on a Laotian Hedge Trimming website
No. You only do that because the hivemind mentality you've built precludes contrary opinions. If you really had the power to shape the industry, things would "improve" in accordance to your will, but they haven't. All you do is jerk off to what was and what could have been, and bully anyone who suggests you put down your worn and crusty Vivec prints and face reality the reality that no one wants what you want.
tl.dr. Games aren't as good as they used to, I get that, but bitching and moaning at anyone who enjoys new games won't solve anything.
>>
>>379624614
this. videogames is an autistic medium.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.