[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started demon's souls yesterday. It's my last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Demon's_Souls_01.jpg (47KB, 670x361px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_01.jpg
47KB, 670x361px
Just started demon's souls yesterday. It's my last soulsborne. I'm not enjoying the game play so much, mainly because it feels worse than dark souls 2 that I just played again before starting this. The atmosphere I also don't think is as good as DaS1. I think everything was improved upon by DaS1. What I am enjoying though, because I played all the other games first, is seeing where some of these things from the other games came from. Maiden in black, who keeps the candles in the nexus lit obviously became the fire keepers, and going back to your safe area to level up with that one character carried over to all the other games. The gargoyles carrying you off in the tower of latria became the demons in anor londo. I haven't finished the tower yet, but the big pulsating thing with the chains seems like it became the mother brain in bloodborne. Yurt reminds me of lautric. Other things I already forgot. Seems like they've just been trying to improve upon the demon's souls formula ever since as opposed to building upon the last installment (except for das2, because they were obviously trying to badly imitate DaS1).
>>
Keep at it OP. It's a very underrated game and a shame most Souls players haven't played it. Sure it's got some jank here and there but that's just part of its charm.
>>
How did you find 5-1?
>>
I enjoy it more than the other souls games because of how simple it is.

the later souls games got too bogged down by their own weight. Especially 3.

DeS is basically just King's Field in third person, and I appreciate that
>>
>>379616665

I definitely think the game is kind of cheesy, but it's not really doing it any harm. It's got its own feeling going on.
>>
>>379616737

I don't know what that is. The valley? Really all I've done so far is 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, gone as far as killing yurt in latria, and ran out of the first area of the valley. Astrea's theme and Vaati lore videos made me want to go there after hitting that road block after the tower knight, but I was getting my ass stabbed, plagued and poisoned all over the place. So far, this feels like the hardest souls, maybe because I haven't adjusted yet, but the slow movements and forever recoveries makes dealing with multiple enemies a bigger pain.
>>
>>379616665
I'd fucking love to play it if only it wasn't stuck on a now ancient console. Just waiting for RPCS3 or a remaster on PS4
>>
>>379617942

I borrowed the console and game from one of my employees. We would always be talking about games, and after like 2 years of that he finally mentions that he had demon's souls and tells me I could borrow it. I bet he expects a raise.
>>
>>379616198
Demon souls have better gameplay than DS2 by a a mile
>>
>>379618434

I'm not feeling. It takes so much longer to recover from everything, takes maybe longer to use healing items. It seems like after I block I end up smashing r1 a few times trying to attack, but my guy is just standing there, not in any animation. It might also be his controller. Shit might be worn out. I'll have to see how it goes trying to use a ds4 instead. If the issue is his controller, and the game play is actually a little faster than what I'm experiencing, I would enjoy it a lot more.
>>
>>379618943

To expand on that a bit, though, the play through I just finished of das2 was with a fucked up 360 controller that was basically unusable right button, b, and right on the d-pad. That still felt better than demon's souls does. It's not ruining it yet, it just feels "artificial."
>>
>>379616198
May thine STWENTH help the world be mended
>>
>>379617942
you can buy PS3's for real cheap these days.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.