[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game hated so much? Yeah, the tutorials are tedious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 68487_front.jpg (299KB, 1523x1370px) Image search: [Google]
68487_front.jpg
299KB, 1523x1370px
Why is this game hated so much? Yeah, the tutorials are tedious as fuck but besides that it's just your average M&L game. By the way, did they bloat the HP of the bosses in the EU version as well?
>>
>>379602619
Tutorials are only selectively bad and /v/ chooses not to remember them in Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story despite them being just as present there.

Anyway, to me it's my least favorite because of excessive linearity that led to a lack of things to do but following the story, which is quite short.

The bosses' HP in the EU version aren't bloated.
>>
>>379602619
I like it. Combat feels much smoother and those special item powers were really fun to use and pull off.

I think it wasnt much as SS because for 1, Mushroom Kingdom again. Not as interesting as Bean Bean Kingdom as it was a new region, its just Mushroom Kingdom once again. And I believe the game was a lot more linear than SS. All places were in a confined in small areas. Nothing connected. its been many years so i can be wrong on that

>>379602881
>Tutorials are only selectively bad and /v/ chooses not to remember them in Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story despite them being just as present there.

i think your game series has a problem when the later entries have more tutorials for basic stuff than when your first game came out. DT is in my backlog and im meaning to finish it, but fucking hell 25 hours in and its still teaching me how to play while SS had quick explanations/without telling you to solve puzzles.
>>
The game didn't really make any good with the time travel mechanic. Areas felt just random places to visit, nothing really interesting.
The only chapter I remember was the Not-Yoshi's inside story, which probably inspired Bowser's Inside Story in the future.
It wasn't a bad game, just a tad boring.
The best thing is Mario yelling "BABIES!"
>>
>>379602619
>shortest
>most linear
>least humorous
>bros items suck
>>
Does this game have sidescrolling segments? The dream parts of Dream Team are fucking dreadful. I'll never beat that damn game for this reason. I loved Superstar Saga though.
>>
What's the best build for PiT?
>>
File: 1423224017702.gif (714KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
1423224017702.gif
714KB, 253x253px
Superstar Saga is vidya perfection, whereas this was just mediocre, but by no means 'bad'.
I did like how 'dark' it was a for a Mario game, though.

>those toads in the forest having their blood drained to power the UFOs
>the Yoshis almost being transformed into mutants inside a biomechanical factory
>Characters being turned into immobile mushrooms until the ending
>>
File: 1496984440992.jpg (18KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
1496984440992.jpg
18KB, 287x287px
>>379603620
>build
>in a M&L game
>>
>>379603815
I can't help it, I am autistic in that regard.
>>
File: 1429076611064.png (58KB, 165x235px) Image search: [Google]
1429076611064.png
58KB, 165x235px
>>379603620
>>379603815
>Not going maximum 'stache in every M&L game
>>
>>379602619
15 hours long to 100%, with literally no sidequests unless you count bean hunting, and the most linear RPG in history.
>>
>>379604082
>Everyone complains about PiT and BiS being too short
>DT ends up being padded out the arse and everyone still moans

Will they ever reach the perfect of quantity and quality again?
>>
File: autistic screeching.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
autistic screeching.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
Best final boss coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3LePmyN79A
>>
>>379602619
It's not necessarily a bad game, just weaker than its predecessor and successor.

My personal ranking of the M&L games would be:
SS>BiS>DT>PiT>PJ
>>
>>379602619
I think it's probably just because of the boss HP doubling in the US version, so it drags on a lot longer than it should.

I think it's alright aside from that huge detour you have to take because of the whole "Luigi isn't worthy" bullshit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.