[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> A very bad year for GameStop got even worse this week, as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

File: Game2.png (514KB, 720x735px) Image search: [Google]
Game2.png
514KB, 720x735px
> A very bad year for GameStop got even worse this week, as the retailer sent out letters to online customers informing them that their credit cards may have been stolen.
>In the letter received yesterday, GameStop says that breachers may have obtained names, addresses, and credit card information from anyone who “placed or attempted to place orders on our website from August 10, 2016 to February 9, 2017.”

Fucking GameStop
>>
kotaku threads should be an instant ban
>>
>>379598018

>having a credit card

Good goy
>>
>>379598120

>being this underage

Having access to credit lines helps your credit score as long as you're not maxing out on them
>>
>>379598018

I got that email. Can I sue GameStop for fucking up and getting my info stolen?
>>
i just fisted myself and now liquid is oozing from the exposed cavities
>>
So uh what's the best way to get a job at places like this? For example, GAME (britbong lands gamestop) online careers seems like a crapshoot with very few vacancies. Do I need to just go in person with my cv?
>>
>>379598376

Yes actually.
>>
>>379598376
Yes, if you have proof that you lost money or something else due to their negligence. You're also entitled to cash from the inevitable civil suit and free fraud protection services if you used a card to shop from them at all during the time they were compromised, regardless of whether or not your card info was actually stolen or misused.
>>
>>379598221
America is great for going into debt
>>
>>379598120

>when kiddies expose themselves

Having a credit card is extremely useful if you have self control. I always pay in full each month and get cash back as well as perks like double the manufacturer warrantee for purchases. Also, good look buying a house without any established credit.

Inb4 I'll buy muh house straight cash homey

Enjoy your shit hole you neet faggot
>>
>fucking gamestop

I've missed that.
>>
>>379599070
Who do you have a credit card with anon? Im thinking of making a switch soon.
>>
>>379598562

Even though it's a shit job with shit pay, I feel like it's hard to get in without a connection since so many faggots think it's some dream job. I've never seen a guy that didn't look like a complete betafag work there either.
>>
this is the end for gamestop. it's over for them.
>>
>>379598562
No, you need to go through their online application process, they won't take a CV from you. I had a group 'interview' (customer service role-playing basically, very casual) then a one on one interview. Had to turn it down unfortunately because they offered a 4 hour contract. The position online said full time, so be aware of that.
>>
File: image.png (244KB, 482x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244KB, 482x470px
>tfw the only time I used GameStop's website was to pre order FE collectors edition and it gets hacked.
>>
>>379599307

I started with capital one secured card since I had no credit at all but now I have a Visa. Don't close your account if it's the only thing on your credit unless there is a yearly fee and no perks since it could lower your score. Just keep it for an emergency
>>
>>379598940
You need good credit to qualify for decent home and vehicle loans.

You could outright purchase these items, but most people don't have over $100k just sitting around. Most don't even have $10k sitting around.

However, most people do have the capacity to make monthly payments on these items until they own them. Good credit can mean better terms for these loans.

One of the best ways to build good credit is to have and use a credit card and pay it off in a timely manner. An easy way to do this is using it buy gas and groceries and paying those expenses off at the end of the month with your normal budget.
>>
>tfw you pull a gamestop credit card out of your wallet and all the bitches be impressed
>>
>>379599767
>home and vehicle loans
I come from a third world shithole, and have never needed a credit card. This year I've bought a flat, and I have a car.
I guess burgers are just too stupid to understand the basics of "don't spend more than you earn."
>>
>>379598018
Does anyone actually buy stuff off the gamestop website? Why wouldn't you just use Amazon?
>>
>>379599942

You're severely retarded.
>>
>>379600026
How do you figure? You just got utterly BTFO and refuse to acknowledge your system of buying things on credit to get more credit to buy more things on credit is fucking absurd, other countries don't use something so ridiculous as a credit score for important things like housing loans, and don't encourage and endorse being a full-time debtor.

But yea, "dlurrrr hurrrr yu ur a retuuuurrddd" woah boy what a comeback.
>>
>>379600165
That wasn't the OP poster of the message you are responding to.

Credit score is important for the industry because it is essentially your means of showing that you ARE a fiscally responsible adult, that meet your financial obligations each month, and that you at capable of meeting the terms of the loan. There are more factors and credit score isn't the be-all-end-all in these loans but it is important.

In America, outside of the rare exceptions, it is nearly fiscally impossible to buy a home outright for most of the population because most people don't have the full cost of the house upfront. Instead, they can make monthly payments on the home, plus interest to the lender, and pay the home off after a period of years (typically 30 years).
>>
>>379599942

American financial market is designed to keep americans on a treadmill of debt which allows banks to sell and buy debt as investment products that get sold endlessly.

Bonus points if a bank gets you on student loans, no bankruptcy protection means that debt never loses value and truly gets traded forever.
>>
I bought one fucking thing, a bunch of DS games when they were all on sale, great.

This is why I never buy anything anywhere but amazon desu.
>>
>>379600557
You really don't need to explain the basic concept of a mortgage anon, you need to explain why you need such a thing as a credit score and credit cards and all that fuckery when other countries get by just fine without, and on average have a far greater number of "financially responsible adults" because it's not piss easy for anyone and their dog to take out loans for literally anything they might want.
>>
"Get 5% cash back when using your card at restaurants!" Do they think I have friends or something?
>>
>>379599767

How much money do you make? How much are homes where you live? You sound retarded because how the fuck would a 20 something guy can buy a 10k house with cash
>>
>>379601212

That's the minimum if you want something not surrounded by niggers
>>
>>379600165
Have fun living in a hovel for 20 years while you save up enough money to buy a house outright, because god forbid you take advantage of a credit system, you stupid fucking peasant.
>>
>>379600910
You people should really stop kneeling down and spreading your butt-cheeks for the banks.
Filling bubbles with new bubbles will finally ruin your market, and you know it.
>>
>>379601662
Why the fuck are you going full retard to cover up for the fact that you have no excuse for your credit faggotry?

No, a mortgage isn't some unique American concept, you have those the world over and that's not the issue being discussed here you blithering imbecile.

Jesus fuck how fucking dumb are you?
>>
File: 1425818516240.jpg (110KB, 676x858px) Image search: [Google]
1425818516240.jpg
110KB, 676x858px
I got worried for a second because I bought something from their website during Black Friday.

Then I realized I used Paypal for that order. So at worst, some Russian cunt has my name and temporary address.
>>
>>379601049
Credit score basically a tool that is used to asses your history of fiancial responsibility. It is a flawed system, IMO, because you could theoretically be the perfect, debt-free person who historically paid off everything you've ever purchased in cash and your score would only be middling because there is no real record of your payments AND no record of your ability to meet an ongoing financial obligation. It is necessary for the average person to improve their credit score because all major lenders will review your credit score during the application process for a loan. A good credit score could mean better terms on the loan such as a lower interest rate or a smaller down payment. Most major lenders like to see an individual with a good history of regular, timely payments in meeting their financial obligations as it gives them confidence that you will continue to do so under the loan you are applying for.

Further, credit score isn't only reviewed with loan but also with things like apartment or home rentals. So the score, despite its somewhat flawed nature, has some utility. It therefore behooves an individual to maintain a good credit score. This doesn't HAVE to be done through using a credit card, but is often the simplest manner of doing so.
>>
>>379601816

What? Yes it is. You need credit to get a fucking mortgage, fucknut. Oh let's just give every welfare nigger s mortgage. Great idea.
>>
>>379601359
Not me.

>>379601212
I make more than the average person in my area. Also, the $10k figure served a dual purpose. It was simple to note that most people don't have even that amount in their savings, let alone the full cost of a home. Secondly, since auto loans were mentioned it is a good general number for the average full cost of a car which vary widely depending what you are buying.
>>
>>379602223
Yea, except in non-retarded countries you don't need credit to get a mortgage you inbred fuck, you just need a job, an income, and you get a set loan based on that with the house itself as the guarantee, you don't need something as retarded as a "credit score" to act as a middle man.

And your system is fucked, as demonstrated by the sheer amount of debtors you have that can't stabilize.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about and are spouting nothing but bullshit and platitudes, based on some of the most absurd presumptions I've seen all week, seriously where the fuck did you go to school? Go demand a refund because you fail at shit that's basic level education.
>>
>>379602479

Your telling me I don't need credit when you actually do need credit to buy a home here. The system may be flawed but you can't need credit here.
>>
>>379602743
I give up, you have the reading comprehension of a five year old. The discussion is about how buying things with a credit card is retarded, and a responsible adult would only buy the things they can afford, encouraging debt and the act of spending money you don't have only encourages irresponsible behavior and takes away opportunities to learn how to be responsible with your finances, this is clearly demonstrated by how many failing debtors your country has compared to the global average, and how badly things got fucked when your demented bubble burst a decade ago.

Mortgages are not really part of this discussion at all, taking out loans for big purchases or investments is not the same issue as taking out loans to buy groceries, gas, furniture and the like.
>>
>>379601754

I'm well aware of that but the only politician that ran in the general that wanted to bring back Glass-Steagall (the old law that split investment banks from commercial banks) got fucked out of the election by the Clinton machine.
>>
>>379603107

I fail to see how me using a credit card to buy shit that I pay off in full without paying interest every month and get bonus cash back as well as other perks is dumb.Smart people use them to their advantage. Only retards go into debt using credit cards. That's why showing responsible use on a cc helps you get that mortgage with the low interest rate. The guy maxing out his gamestop cc is fucked. I may type retarded and have bad comprehension but I'm financially responsible.
>>
>>379598018
Fucking gamestop
>>
>>379598120
Its not just credit cards, it is debit cards as well.
>>
File: trippy dinosaur prop.webm (2MB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
trippy dinosaur prop.webm
2MB, 720x360px
>>379598018
>A very bad year for GameStop got even worse this week
I have been out of the loop for a while. Why is gamestop having such a bad year? I'm happy.
>>
>>379603549
There is technically little wrong with financially responsible people using a credit card system (though really, they wouldn't need it either) the issue is that giving credit cards to irresponsible adults causes innumerable problems that could have been resolved by simply not having such a system.

It's a system with zero gains and nothing but risks (except for the banks themselves, who gain massively off of floundering debtors for as long as they can leech them dry) it turns banks into a parasite that consumes the economical stability of a country for the sake of large earnings at low risk.
>>
>>379603689
poor sales really
>>
>>379603689

Gamestop is goin the way of FYE. Half the store is knickknacks and other cheap nerd toys/shit. I don't see them lasting much longer. We're goin full digital
>>
File: blank.png (81KB, 506x348px) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
81KB, 506x348px
>>379599767
>You need good credit to qualify for decent home and vehicle loans.

"YOU NEED GOOD CREDIT TO GO INTO MASSIVE DEBT!!!!! COME ON MAN JUST DO IT!!!!"
This is the problem with Americans. Why do you need to buy a home and a new car that costs $23,000? You do not need these things. You can rent a home or an apartment for much less money and never go into debt. You can buy a used car cheaply. The mindset that every person NEEDS a house as well as 1 car for each person in the family as well as a $700+ smart phone with $90/month plan is the reason that Americans are plagued by debt.

The fact that you immediately react with "well good credit is great for when you want to go into massive debt later" shows the mindset of Americans. They don't even know that there is a different way of life. They don't even realize they can live without debt. They just assume they need to own a home because everyone tells them they need to. I have always rented and I always will. There is a strange idea in America that if you rent you are "wasting money" because houses "build value over time" but that is only sometimes true. Also, there are many better ways to build money that don't involve being chained to 1 location, going into abject debt, doing yard work, fixing water heaters, and repairing the roof when a large branch falls on it.
>>
>>379603689
They just can't compete with Amazon walmart and Best Buy.
The last two games I bought (I don't buy lots of games) I found at a walmart and Best Buy on sale new less than what gamestop had them used.

Smart companies like amazon just waited for gamestop to starve out all the other used games stores then used the same tactics to put gamestop down.
>>
>>379604613

I guess that's why they call it the American dream. I want to own a home so I can build on it and do what I fucking want.
>>
>tfw Amazon

Feels good man.
>>
>>379604613
I bought a house in 2002. My monthly payment was $1,000. Do you know what my monthly payment is now? $1,000. You know it's going to be 10 years from now? $1,000.
Enjoy your ever-increasing rent and not owning an actual investment.
>>
>>379604613
The cost of renting an apartment for a family of 4 is generally more than the cost of a mortgage. In addition, when you rent something you lose the value of the money you spend on rent. When you pay a mortgage you retain the value of that money because you are buying the asset of the home and land. Renting when you can purchase something better for the same or less AND retain the value of your purchase is poor fiscal management.

Also, it isn't that debt itself is bad. It is debt which cannot be repaid debtor that is bad. This isn't an American philosophy, this is basic economics. When you are capable of meeting all your financial obligations and save for the future, and have some leftover then you are not some helpless or irresponsible debtor because you are making your payments on a 30-year home loan.
>>
>>379598018

Glad I use Paypal on Gamestop's site so Paypal takes a cut of their profits.
>>
>>379604613
>renting
This is a terrible idea always.
>>
File: 1424140439995.png (193KB, 255x238px) Image search: [Google]
1424140439995.png
193KB, 255x238px
>>379605524
You bought a house in 2002. Your monthly payment was $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000. Your next month's payment is $1,000.

(This goes on for a while because Mr. Home (semi)Owner is competing against interest rates. He will end up paying tens of thousands more than what he "bought" the house for because of this)

We're all throwing money down the drain my man it's time to wise up and realize mowing the lawn on your weekend is a waste of fucking time. Homes historically raise in value exactly at pace with inflation. You are getting nothing from owning a home. Every time you pay interest, taxes, homeowner's insurance, homeowner's association fees, ongoing maintenance costs, buying pipes and 2x4s and roof tiles for repair, you are lowering your return on investment. I'm sure you don't even take into account these expenses that add up quickly over time. Not to mention the average transaction costs for buying a home average anywhere from 3% to 6% of the total cost of the home which is no small fee.

We are all "throwing money away" and Home "Owners" are no different. The difference between you and me is that I have ZERO DEBT whereas you have $100,000+.
>>
>>379598018
Its just deathblow after deathblow for Gamestop isnt it?
>>
>>379605640
>Also, it isn't that debt itself is bad.
YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT INTEREST? WHAT THE FUCK? IT'S FREE MONEY YOU ARE LOSING OVER TIME FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!
>>
>>379606359
Renting is still retarded. I'm glad you don't understand this though, because you're going to die with nothing to your name.
>>
>>379606526
Good argument and logic dude. I just explained exactly why home"owning" loses money at the same pace or more as renting + you have to deal with mowing the fucking lawn on 1 of your 2 days off in the week. You return with "bro ur retarded tho!!! geez u should rly learn sum stuff about life!!!" Ok man I'm glad I won by default I guess.
>>
>>379606359
I dunno mate, my parents own thier house, and it'll be mine when they move. All I gotta pay are land taxes.
>>
>>379606526

Why should he care if he's dead? So his shitty kids can fight over the estate?

I'm pro home ownership tho
>>
Tom Nook, it's time for you to get off the computer.
>>
>>379606631
I wasn't even the guy you were replying to, I'm just calling you a fucking retard. But here's a validating point you're retarded, because you don't understand financial responsibility, you don't understand home owning if you came with that long winded bullshit, you damn sure don't understand that a mortgage is paid off, not on going.

I have zero debt and I'm a home owner, because I'm not a mouth breathing mongoloid who doesn't understand financial responsibility.
Again you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>379606526
>you're going to die with nothing to your name.
How about the massive amount of money he invested that wasn't put into a mortgage

you act like if you rent all of your money just goes away forever and you don't have any left

Meanwhile people who don't buy homes can use the money that you used to pay massive up-front fees, homeowners insurance, property taxes, homeowners association fees, and maintenance, to invest that money instead. They will have a giant cash pot in investments "when they die." The difference is those people invested their money and actually saw ROI whereas you invested all that cash into something that grows exactly at pace of inflation and nothing more (literally zero ROI). So the renter has a massive advantage, all he has to do is invest intelligently.
>>
>>379606690
Exactly, the point. My children will kill each other over the things I have without understanding what it took to attain those things. Can't die with things and expect everything to go alright. You better be into the bloodshed.
>>
They really do deserve to go out of business
>>
>>379606526
Renting can really be a massive pain in the ass, yes. I was renting a place for years until the landlord decided to sell the place out of the blue without informing me, forcing me to relocate everything i own into storage and find a new place. My new place did the exact same thing 2 months after I moved in as well.
>>
>>379606868
How are you going to invest the money, when you can't even do the most bare bones basic investment which is owning a home. That's the first fucking step, understanding that.
>>
>>379606842
>a mortgage is paid off,
you paid interest on it the entire time you were paying it off. to make that worth the effort you would need to live in the same house for 50 years and that is a fucking boring life if you ask me
>>
>>379606523
Except you own the house afterwards.

My mom bought a small home when she was younger and because property values blew up around here, I was able to go to college on a fraction of the amount of money she sold it for a few years ago

I myself would be in much worse financial shape if she had rented it instead
>>
>>379607028
Loans come in other factors other than long term idiot.
>>
>>379607028

He also lived in it the entire fucking time and probably made improvements to it over the years. As pointed out before, rent is more expensive in America than a mortgage.
>>
>>379607018
If you have $25,000 and good credit, the best way to invest that is NOT to buy a home, a commodity that has historically never risen faster than inflation. Look up the fucking facts you pleb. I didn't even mention interest rates you are paying on your debt for that investment. Transferring money into a home is a $1-for-$1 investment (not counting interest, if you count interest it's actually a net loss). That's it. If you can't think of any other way to invest that money and get better ROI than 1:1, you're mentally retarded.
>>
>>379606523
You don't understand how interest on loans work. It's not paying double you fucking mistake.
>>
>>379607104
>My mom bought a small home when she was younger and because property values blew up around here
She bought a cheap house that happened to be in a neighborhood that became nice after she bought it. That won't happen to everyone, and the opposite can happen as well.
>>
>>379598018
>ordering from GameStop ever when Best Buy GCU and Amazon Prime exist

honestly, they deserve it
>>
>>379599541
>pre order FE collectors edition
You deserve it
>>
>>379607304
Again you can't even do the basic investment which is having a mortgage to begin with, you don't understand long term investments if you can't even buy a house, much less do you even understand what the term interest means and why it ultimately means nothing to a 10 year mortgage or even 20.

Look up the fucking facts first, you don't even understand what you're talking about, because it's very obvious if you actually owned a home, you wouldn't be bitching about interest rates.
>>
>>379599942
>I come from a third world shithole
I love when people like this fully admit they come from a country nobody gives a shit about, and then cries about "ignorant Americans" while showing just how uneducated they are in return. Maybe try picking up a book instead of wasting your camel-powered computer's energy to shitpost online.
>>
File: 1495738002123.jpg (46KB, 445x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495738002123.jpg
46KB, 445x421px
>>379600940
>not just downloading the roms and playing them on an emulator or a hacked ds

PIRATES WIN AGAIN.
>>
>>379606993
you know why? Because they owned the fucking soil where you ate/slept/fucked etc.
>>
>>379599541
It's not a big deal.
>call credit company or bank
>cancel card
>get new card set to you

It's like you had to barely spend 5 minutes on the phone. Like holy shit that was difficult.
>>
>>379598940
It's also good for not living in a fucking shanty and shitting in the street, Panjeer.
>>
File: 1489136774160 - Copy.jpg (63KB, 426x296px) Image search: [Google]
1489136774160 - Copy.jpg
63KB, 426x296px
You want a game, you have the option to buy or rent it.

If you buy it, you have to pay 10 dollars a month until you pay your friend off for selling it to you, add 5 dollars a month because interest, and if you ever don't want it you can sell it after its paid off.

If you rent it, you have to pay 10 dollars a month flat for as long as you have the game, if you don't want it you stop making payments but can't make any money off it what so ever.

>Oh, but games are cheaper.
Different price, same logic. just because the pay-off date is months away and not decades away doesn't change the point in the slightest.

Now stop arguing about things you don't understand and plays some mother fucking video games.
>>
File: 1440620649740.png (283KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
1440620649740.png
283KB, 500x533px
>>379607708
>It's like you had to barely spend 5 minutes on the phone. Like holy shit that was difficult.

Anon, I have a heart attack anytime I see my phone ringing at work, do not underestimate the autism of some people on this website.
>>
>>379607915
This entire post, you should feel bad, because there's ultimately some dumb shit that is going to read it and think oh this makes sense.

No fuck you, fuck everything you believe in, fuck the gene pool you crawled out of, fuck you.
>>
>>379598018
God damnit. I loved my GameStop credit card
>>
>>379602479
t. buttmad pajeet
Enjoy never actually owning anything of value for your entire shitty brown-skinned life you fucking literal nigger.
>>
>>379607612
>not owning physical copies of your games

kekking at you m8
>>
>>379608267
emulators allow me to own entire collections no matter how bad it is, so I never feel buyers remorse for any of that shit.
>>
>>379607304
It depends on location you fucking sperg. Look to where all the hipster faggots are moving. In my case, Austin has been blowing up for years. The value of homes have doubled in the past ~10 years thanks to all the hipsterfags that moved there for "muh music" (which is shit now btw) and techfags. When you start seeing ads locally about buying houses at every fucking corner, on the radio, social media, etc then you know something is happening.
>>
>>379607915

Allegory doesn't work because renters lock you into contracts, break the lease when youre done at the wrong time at youre looking at 3x the cost of a single months rent.

Want to rent for a shorter timeframe? Your monthly payments are double what they would have been on a 12 month lease.

Renting is pissing money down the drain and the only reason people do it is because of the credit score scam. I recently bought a house after my wife and I got married. We were paying $1225/mo for a two bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment in wake county north carolina. After getting ripped the fuck off for a year, we bought a house and are now paying $1025/mo for double the space, a two car garage, an acre lot and, you know, an actual ASSET to my name.

tl;dr renter capitalism is disgusting and the only people advocating for it are brits because of how FUCKED their real estate market is.
>>
File: 1494204904429.png (138KB, 421x277px) Image search: [Google]
1494204904429.png
138KB, 421x277px
>>379608085
>This doesn't make any sense
>And here's why...
>....
Good argument there, kid.
>>
File: 1496170760968.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496170760968.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>379608267
I'm not the one with his credit card info stolen
>>
>>379608357
He won't think about that, no one will. "fly over" states don't have value, yet when I tell people how much I pay(almost 1/3 of these san fran faggots) they get shocked and consider moving.
>>
>>379607915
>If you rent it, you have to pay 10 dollars a month flat for as long as you have the game, if you don't want it you stop making payments but can't make any money off it what so ever.

You forgot the contract you signed on it that says you will pay for this long and if you decide to leave it's going to cost even more. Also, you're comparing entertainment to a fucking house you donut.
>>
>>379598120
You might as well be saying

>having a bank account for Shlomo to masturbate with in your money
>Not being smart and spending your money immodestly by donating it to the church.
>>
>>379606359
>I'm not in debt
>even though I signed a lease agreement to pay a monthly amount in order to live somewhere and will do so for the rest of my pathetic, lonely lifelonely in some shit tier eastern European country
>that bill doesn't count guys that's not debt!
>I work at McDonald's
>>
Friendly reminder that if you don't invest in bitcoin + ethereum, get /fit/ and join the military you are going to suffer the worst financial collapse and depression ever experienced by humanity.
>>
>pay mortgage for 30 years
>have a place where you can live rent free or sell and keep 100% of the proceeds
>rent an apartment for 30 years
>still have to pay rent
>can sell it because you don't own it.

Rentfags get out
>>
>>379598018
Maybe that is why my debit card info got stolen and $1400 was missing from my bank account.

Thanks Gamestop!
>>
>>379608838
Military pays min wage with some added benefits and an even shittier student loan which can only count 2 not 4.

Military is the option for stupid people. can't amount to shit in your life, join the military. It's the easy way to not feel like such a fucking failure. It should be seen as disgraceful if your life is so fucked you have to join the military to fix it.
>>
File: 1457261127208.png (822KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1457261127208.png
822KB, 525x809px
>>379608530
I admittedly did forget about rental contracts, I should have put a timer on the rental part of the analogy as well.

>donut.
Well that's a first. You got a good giggle out me of that one.
>>
>>379608838
I can't join the Marines right now, I have an anal fissure. Slowly recovering so wish me luck
>>
I just have two questions:
Why would you not pay with cash in a physical store?
Why would you not just order from elsewhere if you're buying online?
>>
>>379598018

>Eating dinner last week
>Get a text from my credit card company
>"Someone just tried to charge 1300 dollars to your account from a Best Buy 800 miles away, is this legit? Y/N"
>NO
>Call credit company, they take care of it, not charged thankfully
>Start wondering if I had a virus on my PC, if I got ripped off somewhere, if I used a bugged credit card machine
>Get a letter from Gamestop
>"Lol, sorry, we fucked up"

FUCKING GAMESTOP
True story. Buncha cunts
>>
>>379608924
>sell and keep 100% of the proceeds
Confirmed for never owning or selling property.
>>
>>379609265
Two answers.
Poorfags that can't into fiscal responsibility.
Idiots who are stubborn.
>>
>>379609065
That's true, but being in the military during a collapse means that you're not one of the people who becomes homeless, jobless and diseased the second it happens. It's sacrificing a pitiful couple years of your life to prevent a lifetime of suffering.

The financial collapses in 2018 will be the worst the human race has ever seen. The Great Depression will be nothing in comparison. We were due for a collapse three years ago but borrowed time, and when the bubble pops, horrible things will happen. Famines aren't going to be a thing of the past for much longer.
>>
>>379607523
"To get into basic investment you need to invest in something that has literally-zero-ROI"

okay man thanks for this lesson
>>
>have a card with them I dont use
>no email
Typical /v/ overreacting to something that didnt happen
>>
File: 1373331614181.jpg (123KB, 790x447px) Image search: [Google]
1373331614181.jpg
123KB, 790x447px
>>379609065
I'm a godamn NEET going on for 6 years and about to be kicked out of my parents house.

Military will save my ass
>>
>>379609426
>financial crash in half a year from now that could be worse than the great depression

The great depression was so bad, because currency literally dropped to worse than the yen. There's plenty of safety nets in place to prevent that, if by chance all those safety nets go down. Then there was honestly nothing we could have done in the 75 years since.
>>
>>379609234
Shouldn't have to the end of the dragon dildo recommendation chart anon
>>
>>379609541
You bitch about interest rates, you don't even understand what an ROI is. On the second note the bank and investment firm will never agree to it, because you don't have any standing credit to show you are deserving of it.
>>
>>379598018
I've bought from the store but I never order from them online. Why would you even order online from Gamestop?
>>
>>379598018
>Hadn't bought from FUCKING in at least 15 months
>brother wants Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Super Special Advanced bugaloo Edition
>can get a $20 rebate on it at FUCKING.com
>get a letter in the mail the other day

Well, fuck.
>>
>>379609616

Feels bad man. Also ALWAYS EAT FIBER AND DON'T DO SQUATS WHILE HAVING AN ANAL FISSURE

Shit hurts
>>
>>379609867
promotional, gamestop despite being a company that is literally so shit they are illegally making copies of games, because they are so broke to carry more stock, they still have companies throwing themselves at gamestop to get that preorder bonus set up.
>>
>>379609372

>using an agent
>not holding your property in a separate LLC so you can expense depreciation, interest expense, repairs and maintenance so you've built up a net operating loss so you don't have to pay taxes on the sale

Fuck off retard
>>
>>379598018
>> A very bad year for GameStop got even worse this week
what else happened?
>>
File: qwe.jpg (200KB, 960x587px) Image search: [Google]
qwe.jpg
200KB, 960x587px
>>379609885

Yeah, go call your credit company anon.
>>379609352
Happened to me. Looks like whoever stole the cards is probably selling them out. I'm just lucky my card refused the transaction. You really need to lock down your shit, tell them to refuse any transactions outside of your area, get alerts on anything over 20-30 bucks. I had another card stolen less than a year ago, no idea how, never really used it. Fuckers were in the same state, buying 20-30 bucks at a time from places like Wendy's, gas stations. I had my card, so I think it got skimmed. Anons need to be aware of these fucking things. They turn up more often than you think, and god forbid if they get your debit.
>>
File: 1496554405694.jpg (108KB, 660x490px) Image search: [Google]
1496554405694.jpg
108KB, 660x490px
>go to gamestop because had a gift card friend gave me for 20
>need new 360 controller for my pc
>no new ones
>used official 360 controllers for $40-50
>BUT BRAND NEW GAMESTOP BRAND 360 CONTROLLERS FOR $20 GOY
>didn't even use the card and left
>brand new controllers are $20-30
Those kikes need to go out of business already.
>>
>>379610093

Falling sales
Their refurbishing of tablets/phones isn't working out (Their buy used good low, sell high model isn't going well here)

Gamestop will most likely be dead by 2020.
(Get ready for those liquidation sales)
>>
>>379610521
We just recently had a bad skimming issue with ATMs in my town. Bunch of my friends had anywhere from 20 to 500 dollars stolen. I just go inside if I gotta withdraw cash since I work across the street from my bank to avoid this shit. It's amazing how inconspicuous they can make those things.
>>
>>379606359
>you are lowering your return on investment

Except for the fact that when you buy a house you are also living in it, you retard. There is more than one metric used to measure value
>>
>>379608838
>could have gotten on the ground floor with Bitcoin
>didn't because "LOL stupid 4chan"
>some of those people are millionaires right now
>>
>>379610770

I always grab, pull, tug, around the card reader. I get weird looks from people, but fuck it, people want to be ignorant and get scammed? That's their problem.
>>
>>379598120
This post should really be
>buying video games from a large company with a credit card
You're already there in person retards just pay cash lol
>>
>>379598018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA serves them right for calling my friend a girl the day before yesterday, fucking assholes.
>>
>Make a purchase at gamestop for the first time in ten years
>Buy the hitman game on sale
>Deal with credit card theft while I never lost it
>Hear from them a month later that yeah stuff got jacked

Thats what I get for buying video games
>>
>>379607434
Glad to see instead of taking his example into consideration you literally make shit up to dismiss it
>>
>>379610093
They've been losing money because Steam and Amazon are absolutely destroying retailers. Why go to the store when I can literally spend less money on Amazon Prime hand have the shit on my door within the hour?
>>
File: 1488924696530.png (475KB, 691x801px) Image search: [Google]
1488924696530.png
475KB, 691x801px
>>379598018
>tfw living in a piss poor country where criminals can't afford stealing credit cards and limit themselves to rob ATMs at gun point
>>
>>379609552
>I don't use

Try actually reading what's going on next time, you fucking moron
>>
>>379611152
I try to fiddle with the card reader but I never actually know how to tell if it's just stuck on there good or not
>>
>buying from gamestop

you get what you deserve
>>
>>379598376
Yes you can, go make some money anon.
>>
>>379603689
>Order a new game online, it arrives covered in fingerprints, and the case has been beat to all hell
>Find out credit card information could have been stolen in that time
>Find out last night that even more credit card information could have been stolen since the last security breach
Those rotten fuckers are probably selling info to survive.
>>
>>379598018
didnt they have a more contemporary picture to go with that than one from 8 years ago?
>>
>>379605524

>Not buying a house with cash
>being a poorfag
>>
>>379611301
No, that´s what you got for buying at gamestop despite it not being a good idea or a convenience of any kind anyway.
>>
>>379612865

It was a convenience, Hitman was 85% off for the complete edition which was the same price as only the paris one was on steam.
>>
>credit gets brought up
>Underages think it's the worst thing possible
Bless your hearts take a single econ class please
>>
>>379614525
Almost none of the richest people in the world has ever taken an econ class.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.