[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's pretty much no chance of this series being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: starfoxzero.jpg (374KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
starfoxzero.jpg
374KB, 1280x720px
So there's pretty much no chance of this series being good again, is there?
>>
It was never good past the SNES era. By the time SF64 came around there were already infinitely better games in the genre like Rogue Squadron, or Sin & Punishment if you wanted to keep the on-rails bit.
>>
>Namco did the best multiplayer of the entire series
>Sakurai wanted to make a Star Fox but had to settle for Kid Icarus
>we could have had Star Fox Warriors but Nintendo is forcing the devs to make it based on Waifu Emblem instead

Star Fox won't be good again until someone else is allowed to make it. Miyamoto is a blight on the series.
>>
>>379589494
>By the time SF64 came around there were already infinitely better games in the genre like Rogue Squadron, or Sin & Punishment if you wanted to keep the on-rails bit.
But SF64 came out years before those two games...
>>
>tfw SFZ is still better than half the games in the series.

I'd like an updated port on the switch.
>>
>>379589786
Hes a blight on gaming as a whole.
>>
>>379589634
Assault was fine. It's shit like Command and Zero that killed the series.

Metroid is in the same place currently. I expect both of them will make a good comeback eventually, but not in the near future.

>>379589786
>Starfox Warriors
I don't see how his could turn out good. Starfox is in a bad place because Nintendo is taking it too far from it's roots (on-rail sections)
>>
Maybe. Zero had potential, then they fucked it up.
>>
I just want them to get what Assault wanted to do, polish it up, give it an online multiplayer component and release it as a 3rd person shooter in the vein of Bungie-era Halo.

It could be so fucking great, but everyone thinks they want an on-rails shooter.

It's not what Star Fox should be about. We should be modernizing the series and making it be about co-operative multiplayer and managing both vehicular combat and on-foot combat simultaneously with your friends.

Star Fox could be good if we get a dev to take Assault, see the potential and make a successor.
>>
>>379590371
I don't know man. What you describe sounds fun, it certainly was in Assault. But I see it more like a spin-off than a mainline game. And it feels like starfox spinoffs are all we've been getting.
>>
>>379589494
The problem is when ever Nintendo wants to make star fox themselves they want to include the concoles gimmick

The only time it did not have a gimmick was when rare and namco made it
>>
>>379589494
if nintendo x platinum couldn't do it, then i think nobody can.
>>
>>379590691

>Rare

Their gimmick was "Starfox as Zelda".
>>
>>379590530
It needs to be a reboot, not a spinoff.

People really don't care about rail shooters any more. If they did, Star Fox Zero would have seen better reviews.
Give it to Retro, give them free reign over whatever they want to do, let them prototype and do some r+d for a year and let them develop whatever they come up with in that time.

In my mind, while Splatoon is fucking fantastic, Nintendo could capitalize on 343 raping Halo to death by introducing an arcadey online multiplayer shooter with vehicles and make it awesome.
Everybody wins, although I'll admit, marketing Star Fox to the shooter market will be challenging. Furry characters and great gunplay just don't seem to go hand in hand, but with the Switch and a good game, I reckon someone could pull off something brilliant.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.