[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat this game. Didn't really like it. It was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px)
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
Just beat this game. Didn't really like it. It was pretty boring and felt really generic to me. Lots of stupid bullshit that interrupted the action, lots of waiting for the suit to recharge then deplete in 2 seconds, annoying weapon upgrading system, enemies that kill you in one shot, a few deaths that are practically unavoidable, retarded boring story that takes up 17gb of cutscenes, forgettable music, and the weapons didn't even feel good to shoot or anything.

Call me when Godhand comes to PC.
>>
>>379582384
You sucking is not the games fault.
>>
>>379582443
>"I don't like this game"
>"bcuz u suck lol"

obviously

The game being not that good isn't my fault either.

MGR was far superior, and I beat that shit on revengence. At least the soundtrack was god tier and the story had some funny parts, instead of being forgettable nonsense.
>>
If you didn't like it why didn't you stop?
>>
>>379582642
Because it wasn't obviously terrible or whatever and I wanted to give it a fair shot. Paid $15 for it, may as well see it through to the end, see if it gets better. I don't except every game to be fantastic from the start.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad game, but I don't see why so many people lost their shit over it.
>>
If you need to have the suit recharge every 2 seconds you are doing it wrong.
If you get killed in one shot you are doing it wrong.
If you think any deaths are practically unavoidable you are doing it wrong.

It's like playing FEAR without using the slo-mo and complaining it's too hard.
>>
>>379582642

nigga the game is 4 hours long
>>
I liked it, but I felt like most bosses were pretty bland, much more fun to fight againts hordes of enemies
>>
>>379582582
MGR was a shallow, babby-mode-easy shit game whose only redeeming quality was the Jetstream Sam DLC.

Vanquish's guns feel GREAT to shoot, by the way. The shotgun triggering 100% stagger on all Romanov-tier enemies is so fucking incredible in practice.

I'll accept that the upgrade system isn't fun; I get what they were going for, but I would have preferred a more traditional "skill shop" DMC/Bayo unlock system. Breaks up the pace, makes score relevant, and gives more incentive to switch guns rather than stick with your stock loadout for as long as possible .
>>
>>379582793
>If you need to have the suit recharge every 2 seconds you are doing it wrong.
Maybe so, but I'm not a super high level 1337 player who knows all the hidden mechancis from the start. Being out of cover for 2 seconds constantly led to me getting to super low HP and the suit always causing that shitty slow motion

>If you get killed in one shot you are doing it wrong.
Not most enemies did it, just a few, but it was pretty fucking annoying when it did happen

>If you think any deaths are practically unavoidable you are doing it wrong.
I recall starting a mission in particular where there was that giant spider looking thing, just before I had to protect the rail guns with the turrets. As soon as the mission started, the was a huge fucking laser firing INSTANTLY, like, first second, I ran behind a truck to be safe, only for the laser to completely ignore the truck and kill me right through it.

Completely unfair bullshit.

And though I do love fear, I didn't expect it to be like it at all, except that I expected something good.

>>379582928
Too each their own I guess, but the guns had no impact to me. Even warframe had better feeling weapons. Hell, soldier of fortune 1 had better feeling/souding weapons to me.
>>
>>379582928
The upradge system frustrated me even more due to lack of any real rating/reward system, the game does give you results but you get no reward, just brainless points.

You can play the game in cover all the time and not be treated any different from a guy who goes cuhrayzee
>>
>>379582384
>enemies that kill you in one shot
60 fps kills you faster. Superior japanese engineering
>>
>>379583083
It was alreadly fixed
>>
>>379583083
Apparently they fixed the FPS issue, but I still felt like I was going into critical HP mode far too fast. Like, legit, 2 seconds out of cover with just some basic enemies firing at me, and BAM. Critical HP.
>>
I mean it's a flawed game but it doesn't sound like you even bothered to learn the mechanics. And i sure as hell preferred it over MGR's edgy bullshit.
>>
>>379583132
That edgy bullshit was fucking hilarious if you ask me.

"It's time for jack... TO LET IT RIP"

I mean, that's so fucking funny to me. Why does he need to suddenly change his voice like that? Goddamn comedy gold.
>>
>>379583064
buy the game
the unpatched version has a bug where you take double damage at 60fps
>>
>>379583132
Well i guess it's a matter of taste, i can see what you mean but personally enjoyed the dumb writing in vanquish a bit more. I guess i also kind of dislike MGR being so dumb and campy because it kind of fucked with the cannon of the metal gear universe anyway, not that that's great to begin with.
>>
>>379583106
yeah, "fixed"
>>
>>379583260
meant for
>>379583185
>>
>>379583132
Literally the first scene of the game is a bunch people get boiled alive. Seek help if this not edgy
enough for you.
>>
>>379583260
>I guess i also kind of dislike MGR being so dumb and campy because it kind of fucked with the cannon of the metal gear universe anyway, not that that's great to begin with.

Nigga

>MGS was always campy
>The franchise itself fucked with its own canon for years
>MGS4 was the game that raped most of the characters and story-lines.

MGR is the best thing to happen to Metal Gear franchise since MGS3, MGR has better story-telling than all POST-MGS3 games.

Fuck MGS4, fuck everything about it.
>>
>>379583293
It was. I can confirm that the game got easier post-patch.

>>379583064
Dodge roll, dummy. You get i-frames.

And if you're out of cover and you're not boosting, rolling, or using slow-mo, you're gonna die. That's how the game works.
>>
File: 1306955746709.jpg (17KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1306955746709.jpg
17KB, 211x211px
>waiting for the suit to recharge
>>
>>379583064
I know you said you just played this but were you playing without the 60fps damage bug patch? You should be able to stand out of cover for more than 2 seconds on most difficulties.

I'll give you that one laser though I remember it too. Further than that I'm not sure what else would be classed as unavoidable arcade machine coin feeding style deaths short of maybe letting Unknown get too close.
>>
>>379583229
I DID buy the game, I got it on steam during that 30$ deal with bayonetta
>>
k
>>
>>379583293
no it was actually fixed
>>379583420
those were very different kinds of campy though
>>
Fuck you, the game is legit fun. You suck at being fun.
>>
File: 1479908725144.jpg (30KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1479908725144.jpg
30KB, 599x510px
>>379583747
>fun
>>
>>379583402
that wasn't intended as "edgy" though, it was intended as a horrific event that sparked a war
>>
>>379583913
to add to this, MGR reveled in being edgy, it went out of its way to do it
>>
File: Bayonetta_Ending.gif (1MB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_Ending.gif
1MB, 250x160px
>>379582384
Too be fair

Yeah is pretty boring, I liked more Bayonetta but maybe are just taste
>>
>>379582384
remastered edition for consoles when?
>>
>>379582384
>Lots of stupid bullshit that interrupted the action
It has the least amount of stupid bullshit in all of Platinum's stream of garbage. No mini games, even the giant bosses die in 2 minutes.
>lots of waiting for the suit to recharge then deplete in 2 seconds
If you want to go into slow mo every time with no downside play fucking Max Payne 2 or 3 instead.
>annoying weapon upgrading system,
Hardest difficulty doesn't have weapon upgrading, and the upgrades don't even fucking matter
>enemies that kill you in one shot
The game even give you a sort of second wind system, if you failed to dodge a rocket, laser or energy blast which has clear start up and audio cue, you just fucking suck. Simple as that.
>a few deaths that are practically unavoidable
name 1 fuckwit
>>
>>379585021
The game had the same issue with non stop cutscenes/glorified cutscenes that take away control from the player, like the stupid first person shit which let you walk super slow along with normal cutscenes. This constantly interrupted the game for me.

I don't mind a downside to the suit running out of juice, I just wanted it to last a little longer.

The weapon upgrade system is annoying, even if it doesn't exist on the hardest difficulty, and they absolutely do fucking matter if you don't want the game to become even more of a chore. Not everyone plays the hardest difficulty, but I guess you're just a super 1337 gamer huh?

I'll give you the second wind thing, but melee attacks often cause you to just fucking die instantly, depending on the enemies.

here's one example
>>379583064
supported by
>>379583512
>>
Oh look, it's another thread where someone hates on Vanquish because they sucked at it and had no real idea how to play the game.
>>
>>379585725
>and they absolutely do fucking matter if you don't want the game to become even more of a chore. Not everyone plays the hardest difficulty, but I guess you're just a super 1337 gamer huh?
Upgrades barely do fucking anything beyond upgrade magazine size, max carryable ammo count. Maybe one of the weapons get a damage boost or rate of fire increase, but other wise upgrades don't make the game less of a chore unless you literally can't aim for fucking shit and don't know reload canceling. Fucking moron.

>melee attacks often cause you to
>letting the enemy that fucking close
>being so shit you can't dodge to slow mo and head shot them.
>>
>>379582384
shit game
>>
>>379588352
Upgrades add damage, increase magazine size, add more maximum ammo and increase firing speed. It would be super fucking annoying fighting enemies late game with level 1 weapons, and you would need to constantly reload them to kill just a few, or just one enemy.

Also

>"Tell me one example where you can get instantly killed"
>Gives you one example
>"Wow you're fucking shit that doesn't count"

literally kill yourself autist. Your game is shit and so are you.
>>
>>379583083
Issue was fixed already, fàm.
>>
>>379590102
a death that would happen if you are that fucking shit obviously doesn't count.
This is like seeing a fuck complaining that the chainsaw wielding shits or the head tentacle things in RE4 can insta kill if one got up close

damage boosts barely fucking matter even for late game enemies and check the fucking internet again because maybe two or something weapons or something actually get a damage upgrade.
Weapon clip size is fucking meaningless since you can instantly reload and continue to fire by cancelling. Even rate of fire for certain guns.
>>
>>379585725
The first person shit was masking the game's loading time between levels.
>>
>>379590976
You asked me for one example, and I gave it to you, and you just complain.

Reloading constantly quickly becomes an annoyance the bigger the enemies health pools get and you can only kill 2 or 3 basic enemies with a single clip. Upgrades are pretty fucking important.

>>379591165
It went on way longer than it needed to, and a shorter loading screen would have been a far better choice
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.