[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /v/, I want your insight on this. With Scorpio around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: ps5.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ps5.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
Alright, /v/, I want your insight on this.

With Scorpio around the corner, what are the chances a PS5 will get released soon, maybe even at end of this year?

Also, will consoles finally push the standard to min 60fps and/or native 4k? I actually really want a PS5 to come out, just for this reason.

Discuss.
>>
PS5 won't come out for a few more years, PS4 Pro is still pretty new
You won't be seeing 60 FPS, gotta keep the FPS low for maximum grafix. Don't know about 4k
>>
>>379578825
The earliest we'll hear about it is as Sony's Playstation event later this year.

They'll obviously want to see how the general market reacts to the Scorpio and go from there.
>>
>>379578825
Soon? Nah.
I think Q2 2019 at the earliest.

I think Eurogamer talked about Forza on the scorpio being 4k 60fps, if that IS true then you would assume that by the time the ps5 is out it would be 4k 60fps hopefully...
>>
>>379579017
>PS4 Pro is still pretty new
Yeah but won't Scorpio force them to make a better console though?

>You won't be seeing 60 FPS, gotta keep the FPS low for maximum grafix.
I fear this is probably true.

>Don't know about 4k
Scorpio is boasting native 4k, so it seems quite probable.
>>
>>379578825
ive purposely stayed away from the console bullshit but i do own a ps4pro and an xbone
is the scorpio and actual successor to the xbone or is it just a slight upgrade like the ps4pro
seems a little early to already advance to the next generation considering both consoles have little games to choose from
>>
>>379579198
i dont know they say 4k but it always comes out a grade lower
same with the promised fps
>>
>>379579315
>seems a little early to already advance to the next generation considering both consoles have little games to choose from
I used to think like this too, but I'm starting to believe that the console market is slowly going by the smartphone path, where they have yearly releases and each one is a slight hardware upgrade from the other. If lots of people buy the new iphone every year, why wouldn't they do the same with consoles?
>>
>>379579480
that sounds awful but i guess it will keep consoles up to date and keep up with PC advances
granted youll have to pay at least $300 each time
maybe ill just stick with PC
>>
>>379579315
They haven't outright said if there will be scorpio games that aren't on xbox 1's, but xbox 1 games will run on the scorpio.

So its like the Pro, just a bigger step then the Pro did.
>>
>>379579480
The problem with that thinking is that consoles are sold at a loss with the assumption that software will recoup the losses. They would have to severely cut back hardware or increase prices.
>>
>>379580060
eh ill keep the systems i currently have then
i dont see any real reason to upgrade if its like that
i only got the pro because it was on sale at costco
>>
>>379580185
Yeah wait to see ho the scorpio runs, we know know forza is 4k 60fps, but forza always aims for 60fps anyway, so it makes sense that a more powerful console could jack up the resolution easily.

But there are a bunch of xbone games that are like 900p 30 fps, those will be the tests to see if it can run them 4k 60fps.
>>
>>379580143
i could see them doing that cutting back quality and cost to pump them out each year but tell us its still high quality
have us spend the same
you know the fance of both systems would fall for it
>>
2019 is for PS5.
>>
>>379580326
Considering retards buy new iPhones yearly at 600-700$ a pop, yeah you're probably right.
>>
>>379579480
>going by the smartphone path, where they have yearly releases and each one is a slight hardware upgrade from the other
I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already.
>>
>>379578825
What could they possibly add aside from MOAR GRAFFIXX and MUH STUBILUTAY? 4K Blu-rays don't really mean much when games still needs updates after release, Screenshots and recordings are now a requirement, Online subs are to stay, And media usage is mainly streaming.
I don't see much else consoles can add like previous gens did. If I wanted to be a graphics whore, I would have just played on PC.

>>379579480
Smartphones are seen as a necessity nowadays, though not really. Consoles are mainly for for playing video games. Plus, isn't that what hardware revisions are, just smaller upgrades?
>>
Please try to understand that video game consoles are not the same as smartphones.
>>
>>379580426
They get those on contracts, so there isn't a much sticker shock. Carriers subsidise the cost of the phone.

A better example would be iPads. People don't go out and buy new iPads they year due to their high cost, and because their old ones work perfectly fine.

In regards to OPs post, PS5 is not happening this year or next year.
Earliest that a new PlayStation will land is Q4 2019, possibly even Q3 2020.

They already have their "Pro" console now, it doesn't matter if the Scorpio is slightly more powerful. They're still in the same ballpark and that's what counts.
>>
>>379578825
Consoles will never move onto 30fps. Most consumers don't care about that, they want shiny graphics that make them go wow. Playstation 6 will still be playing games at 30fps.

Did you know that PS1 actually had more 3D games running at 60fps than Playstation 4, even counting all the remasters of last gen games? Consoles have regressed.
>>
>>379581579
*consoles will never move on from 30fps
>>
>>379581579
It's not the consoles themselves that have regressed, it's the state of the video game consumer as a whole that has regressed.
>>
>>379581419
If Sony were truly worried or scared of the Scorpio because it was more powerful, they would have redesigned and delayed the PS4Pro so they could stuff a more powerful GPU on it.
>>
>buying more memes after this generation
>>
File: yes.gif (826KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
826KB, 500x280px
scorpio gonna be $600 like your yearly smartphone
>>
>>379582438
>scorpio gonna be $600 like
>PS4 will soon be 200$.
It's going to be fun.
>>
File: cry.jpg (168KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
168KB, 800x600px
>>379582581
MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE
>>
>Also, will consoles finally push the standard to min 60fps

This will absolutely never happen. People like grafics so they will continue to prioritize grafics over a higher framerate
>>
>>379578825
Why do "gamers" always want their devices to have shiny lights like a christmas tree? It's so weird.
>>
>>379582581
>soon

You mean today?

>>379574631
>>
>>379582808
mamma mia i'll just have to move to italy in less than a day
>>
File: b-b-breakfast.jpg (168KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
b-b-breakfast.jpg
168KB, 720x960px
>>379582782
This, this, this, so much THIS!

They will always go for bigger explosions at 30fps instead of less grafical effects at 60fps.
>>
>>379582808
Wasn't that a special offer or something? I''m talking about the price being steadily around 200$.
>>
>>379582689

>tumblr nose

jesus fucking christ, when will they learn
>>
Is this a sony shill thread?
>>
>>379582957
Its like -50€ comparted to yesterday in almost all europe.

Probably because of the E3?
>>
I only hope that scorpio will be the final nail in the coffin of Microsoft consoles so they can finally actually focus on pc gaming, focusing on both hardware and games would be the ideal.
>>
>>379583071
Yup they did the samewhen the switch released
>>
>>379579198
Not anymore than the 32X made Nintendo release the N64 faster which didn't happen.
>>
>>379578825
We already went through this
The Pro just came out, so not a chance
>>
Why would Sony release the PS5 just because MS is releasing the One Pro?

Scorpio still has no games.
>>
>>379583365
Microsoft has the more interesting business model and plans for the future than Sony.
Sony seem to stick to a more "classic" console structure of platform exclusives that you play from a disk.

Microsoft is evolving towards a convergence of PC, console and even mobile.
The future they're planning for sees no difference between platforms. You can buy a game for your Xbox, then continue playing on your PC from the same point, and even possibly bringing it along on your Windows 2-in-1 or convertible laptop.
They're also testing the waters for a "Games as a service", like Netflix, where you pay a monthly fee for access to a games library.

I find Microsoft's future more compelling, as it breaks down the current artificial boundaries limiting gaming.
>>
>>379578825
if they announce a ps5 and you buy it you are brain dead
>>
>>379578825
ps5
with no backwards compatibility
whats the point.
>>
>barely any mileage out of current generation consoles
>just starting to reach their prime
>starting a new generation
NO
>>
Ps4 is way to premature.

This gen is only just starting to teach it's prime.

Let's be real, the scorpio is only happening because the ps4 dominated the xbox one this gen. MS is literally desperate and want to force a .5 generation.
>>
>>379588182
Scorpio is only happening because PS4 pro happened.
>>
>>379588182
>Sony literally forced a PS 4.5 generation.
Here i fixed that for you sony pony
>>
>>379588298
More like Sony heard what MS was doing and beat them to market.
>>
>>379588416
You really hate Microsoft that much to reject everything on them and suck sony dick huh?
>>
>>379588480
Don't hate MS, just acknowledge they really screwed the pooch this gen.

Literally seeding lead market position ala Nintendo with the 64 back in the day.
>>
>>379578825
>implying circles will be cool by the time the ps5 rolls around

the controller looks pretty good apart from the retarded hologram thing though, how would that even work? you would have to sit with the controller angled at a certain angle all the time to get the proper effect.
>>
>>379588242
I think it would have happened anyway, Microsoft was already at a disadvantage vs the original PS4 and they needed to bump the power of their console if the Xbox (and Windows 10 S) were going to be able to bring devs into their new closed UWP platform.
>>
>>379578825

The regular console cycle ( looking at past generations), is around 7 years. So I'd give the ps4 another 3 years until ps5 get's announced.

Maybe even longer, they have mentioned that the next step in "next gen" will take some time, advancement in technology and whatsoever.
And going by the crazy amount of ps4's popularity, there is really no need to rush things.
>>
>>379590497
Console makers are desperate to shift to a phone style model where the hardware turns a profit and they're looking at a $200-$600 sale of hardware every 2-3 years.
>>
>>379578825
it blows my mind that people are already talking about the PS5
it feels like the PS4 came out like three months ago
>>
File: C4p114sW8AALm-V.jpg (61KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
C4p114sW8AALm-V.jpg
61KB, 979x832px
>>379591785
>[Deleted]
>>
Ps5 will probably come out in 2 years. I don't think Scorpio will win the sale war against ps4 but it will blow the ps4 pro away in terms of being the best gaming console.
>>
>>379593058
>blow the ps4 pro away in terms of being the best gaming console.
For $200 more. I doubt it will sell well. Too late PS4 won this round.
>>
>>379593058
It will definitely have better hardware than the ps4 pro, otherwise there's no point in releasing it. But hardware doesn't mean shit if the console has no games. I mean, look at the ps2. It had the worst specs of its generation, and it's the best selling console of all time.
>>
>>379593316
This, it's not that hard, what are those few surviving xbonkers rejoicing at.
>>
>>379590796

Would be a desirable cash-grab model, and I'm sure most businesses think along these lines.

But I doubt Sony or whoever, is about the "new-minimal-improvements-model-every-2-years" thing. There are the slim versions, 2-3 years after release; 3 years after that, a new next gen cycle usually starts anyway.

It's a home console, and no consumer is interested in switching up to a newer model just because of a few minimal differences (Ps4 pro showed this, N3DS as well).
As long as you can play the same games on your current console, and don't have to buy a new one just for a couple new games.. it's all good.

On top of all that, it would be development hell, trying to optimize every version of a game for a different console version, as well even attempt to develop a quality game for a 2 year console.. there is no point in that, makes no sense. Phone is just a simple phone, text/call, and a couple apps, didn't change much and unless you're a smartphone freak, you probably won't get a new every 2 years.
>>
>>379593169
In sales yes. But the ps4 is a shitty 3rd world upgraded 360 console so if you have a Scorpio you obviously won't have "lost"

>>379593316
Yeah I really hope Microsoft won't Jew us like the ps4 pro. I heard it would run battlefront 2, red dead redemption 2 and the new forza all 60 fps 4k. If it really can do that I will buy it but if it is a gimmick like the pro I will pass it
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.