[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong? I've played the game for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Vikings.png (435KB, 488x539px) Image search: [Google]
Vikings.png
435KB, 488x539px
What went so horribly wrong? I've played the game for a couple of hours and it seems to be superior to Conquistadors in every way apart from the overworld map exploration being partially sacrificed in favor of local exploration, which seems to be a great trade-off to me, so what gives?
>>
Well, one obvious problem is that the setting doesn't catch anyone's attention with its (at least apparent) originality.
>>
>>379576746
Huh? How the fuck is the setting of Conquistador original? It has been depicted in all sorts of media so many times it defies quantification.
>>
>>379577004
Not so common in vidigams. Hell, history itself isn't greatly represented so much as its trapping and relics are worn like the new skin of a shape-shifting beast, flitting about as vague semblances of old cultures with a strong preference for European feudalism.
>>
It'd be better to compare Conquistador numbers from not too long after its release. I know I only bought it when it was on sale a couple years back
>>379577004
it's not even remotely common in video games. that was honestly a big draw for me. vikings are a bit oversaturated, although I'm sure they did a better job than most media does
>>
because viking setting is for numale redditors while conquistador new world setting is the shit
>>
>>379575270
Kickstarter is great marketing tool. EV had zero marketing unlike EC.
>>
sjw shit
>>
>>379575270
You expect the numbers to shore up to conquistador´s levels wheres the prior title had years to get to that point. Also several humble bundles.
>>
>>379575270
Its fundamentally the same game, and they should have realized with only 100k sales that the core game wasnt great.
>>
>>379575270
I didn't even know it was out
>>
>>379575270
great game and relatively different from the previous one, conquistador was survival driven when viking is about conquest
>>
the game fucking crashes when travelling to Ribe
>>
>>379580121
I thought they've already ironed out all the bugs, no?
>>
Ex:Conq has been in multiple bundles and sales, etc

Ex:Vik has only been out for a while
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.