[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Come and share some vanilla stories. Comfiness, noobishenss,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 17

File: dwarven ninja warrior.jpg (211KB, 416x380px) Image search: [Google]
dwarven ninja warrior.jpg
211KB, 416x380px
Come and share some vanilla stories. Comfiness, noobishenss, autism, wonder, revenge - we like them all
>>
In most videogames i pick a female character and pretend its me just as female lesbian. So everytime i meet another girl or female i say very quiet to myself. "If you could obly know how much i eant to go to bed with you..."
>>
>>379575145
I only recently learned that you can merge units in Total War games despite playing them since first Medieval.
>>
>>379576163
WHAT? IN EVERY ONE OF THEM?
>>
>>379575145
why in the hell did the enhancement tree have tanking talents in it, you couldn't even reliably dps with it much less fuckin tank
>>
>>379576239
I never played Empire and any that came later, so I don't know, but you can do this even in original Shogun.
>>
>>379576275
Because blizzard had no idea what they were doing with classes in vanilla. Remember, Warlocks were meant to tank too (although you did Warlock tank Twin Emperors and a few other things)
>>
File: bTkMAuH[3].png (46KB, 843x162px) Image search: [Google]
bTkMAuH[3].png
46KB, 843x162px
>>
I got my first account banned because I yelled "GET TO WORK NIGGER" in Ironforge at a black guy, on a high pop server.

I asked my mom for $300 and I just bought a new account and paid a chink to level my new char to 60.
>>
>The Crossroads is under attack!
>>
File: D9B9xdD[1].jpg (152KB, 1000x780px) Image search: [Google]
D9B9xdD[1].jpg
152KB, 1000x780px
>>379576894
bur
>>
File: fangs-1.jpg (71KB, 364x358px) Image search: [Google]
fangs-1.jpg
71KB, 364x358px
I met my wife on an RP server in Goldshire Inn in early vanilla, before that became a meme for ERP and sluttery.

We're married, have a kid and still playing Legion, though we've been Horde since TBC.

Aside from that, my most memorable moment in vanilla was someone in General chat who asked "At what level to I become elite?".

Good times.
>>
>Be autistic 14-16-year-old that over-achieves in middle school because it's middle school
>No real purpose in life
>Play all day because progressing in the game feels much more tangible than anything I do in school, knowing it'll only start mattering once I'm in the university
>Grind PvP rank to 13, twice
>Eventually have best (PvP) gear on server as a retfag/reckoningfag
>Stomp people in PvP all day
>Some kind of a celebrity on my relatively low population backwater server because everyone knew each other back then anyway
I've come to the realization that no MMO will ever live up to Vanilla because 1) adults don't have these amounts of spare time to throw away, 2) adults aren't autistic enough to grind through the kind of shit vanilla PvP was, 3) as an adult you have much more going on in life and don't need to look for a sense of purpose in a bideo game, 4) thanks to the build-up from WarCraft, there will never be an MMO with a world as interesting as WoW had, and 5) no dev will ever let the kind of gear gaps that existed in vanilla exist again.

Grinding in modern MMOs just doesn't get you the kind of ridiculous advantages they used to. It was ridiculous and I got the best of it, I guess.
>>
>>379577105
post pic of your kid in a horde t shirt
>>
>>379575145
ok
>>
>>379577105
Why would you do that, just come here and tell lies.
>>
>>379577105
how fat are you and your wives sons
>>
File: 1495459142070.png (378KB, 1393x458px) Image search: [Google]
1495459142070.png
378KB, 1393x458px
>tfw named all my characters [my first name][race]
>>
I used to farm black dragons at Burning Steppes for the scales and leather. While doing it you could tag a dragonkin just before the bots started attacking and they would kill it for you.

Used to spend hours doing that shit. But it paid for my epic mount in the end and my guild had a steady supply of dragonscales for fire res gear.
>>
>LF2M for UBRS. 1 DPS (no hunters) 1 healer. Need key. (No egg boss).

Truly the glory days
>>
>>379575145
>be me 15 y/o playing wow
>lvl 17 human rogue
>after countless deaths in the hands of moonbrooke HUHs i managed to finish the quests and get the deadmines quest
>hours later i find a party to get into the dungeon first time ever
>items start to drop, need/greed idk what the fuck is going on
>i need everything
>others started to call me ninja
>our dwarf wrr tank asks if i need those items
>i say no i dont need them
>then why do i need everything
>tell this is my first time in a dungeon
>then he started to explain how things go on in dungeons and in game in general
>had a pretty fun deadmines run
>>
File: 1358505140000.jpg (39KB, 1050x335px) Image search: [Google]
1358505140000.jpg
39KB, 1050x335px
>Be me circa 2010
>In Icecrown Citadel Heroic with random people
>Be tank draenei, with decent gear, and every tank item in ICC except the shield
>Finish the bot battles, shield drops
>I am exctatic, group leader tells all the tanks to roll
> /roll
>Roll a 5
>Start to be dissapointed, all my guild mates on ts start laughing
>other tank rolls a 2
>mfw when I get the shield and am full ICC tank gear
>Still happy when reminded myself about this story from time to time
>>
>>379577132
Funny enough, the pvp gear wasn't even the best in the game at the time. If your guild was competent enough to farm BWL, you had gear on par with HWL/GM gear. If your guild was one of the lucky few to do Naxx, you were untouchable in BG's.
>>
>>379578580
Yeah, exactly. I never got to 14 so it wasn't until I got a Sulfuras that I could even claim that.

Raiding gear complemented the PvP gear amazingly to the point where you'd ultimately only be, at best, wearing a few parts of the R12-13 set for more HP. T2.5 was great, not to even go into Naxx gear.
>>
>>379580259
>>379580364
Can't be arsed to delete and re-post.

To add, though, the gear gaps only really existed because somehow the vast majority of guilds were unable to clear BWL, and especially AQ40 and Naxx in a timely manner. Smaller servers had 1-2 guilds per side doing it quickly, and if you were in one of them you were practically unbeatable for a long time.
>>
>>379578580
legit cool story bro
>>
>>379580452
Yeah, I remember pvping with my guildy (Who ended up becoming a HWL a few months later) and some of his pvp farm group, and we got put up against this guild that had recently transferred from a high pop server and their flag carrier was in full T3, I don't think we got him below 90% health.
>>
ANAL [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
>>
>>379580794
>Who ended up becoming a HWL a few months later
Doesn't that mean he got HWL just before they made the honor gear welfare and implemented the current honor system?

Poor guy, holy shit.
>>
>>379580452
The jump from MC to BWL mechanically was fucking massive. Look at the first two bosses of BWL: Razorgore (a gigantic fucking mystery before guides were a thing) and Vaelestasz the Guild Destroyer AKA Patchwerk 0.5 AKA DPSers Can't Just Cruise It. Those two bosses alone are harder than clearing the entirety of MC.
>>
>>379580860
This was in Vanilla, so yeah... it was all made obsolete by the arrival of TBC.
>>
File: tauren.jpg (85KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
tauren.jpg
85KB, 566x800px
The first moments of playing WoW was magical. WarCraft 3 was one of my favourite RTS of all time, and I was really into the characters and lore. Half the magic of starting up a character in WoW was simply exploring and seeing all those locales you used to see in WarCrafts 2/3 (never played 1). Helped by the top-tier music, and (back then, at least) really nice-looking graphics. I remember being really excited for my first mount, that shitty 40% (or was it 60%) kodo. Rolled a Tauren Shaman as my first character.

It's unfortunate that what >>379577132 said is completely true. You can't really enjoy MMOs like you used to when you're an adult. Too much other shit to take care of.
>>
File: Screenshot of my new tier piece.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot of my new tier piece.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>379581027
I too started as a Tauren, druid though. And Mulgore is still to this day my favorite WoW zone.
>>
>>379581237
Mulgore is top comfy. Saddens me about the 'infestation' (?) that happened in Cataclysm.

And oh shit, yeah, I meant druids, not shamans. My friend rolled a shaman. Druids are for showing off your Cheetah and Cat forms. And later in BC your flying form. That shit was broken, I remember being able to perform tricks in fllight that normal mounts weren't able to. IIRC you could harvest shit from nodes while in flight, right? Made harvesting while avoiding mobs far too easy. Also the fact that the (IIRC) there wasn't a casting/channeling time for your birdie form, so you could save yourself from fall damage if your're quick enough.

Damn I love druids. Moonkins are adorable.
>>
>just starting, out 13 years old
>make a human mage, love the shit out of the starting zone
>meet a human warrior in Goldshire
>become friends, doing quests and shit, both communicate through broken English
>get to Westfall, both of us lose interest in our classes
>decide to reroll together
>both go for night elves, I go with hunter, my friend rolls a rogue
>quest together, shoot the shit, generally having a fun time
>a couple days later we decide to meet up with a friend of the rogue
>in Ironforge
>make the trek, LITERALLY takes us an entire day to get there
>the friend invites us both to their party
>they start speaking my native language
>start talking with them
>become even closer because communication got a hell of a lot easier
>turns out, the rogue is my age, lives near me, and is female
>her friend is her older brother, playing a dwarf priest
>we start playing together, join the same guild and start raiding and doing dumb shit all through Vanilla
And that, my dear anons is how I found my first girlfriend.
>>
File: 1496720059301.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496720059301.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>>379576728
>>
>>379575145
I shared this in /vg/ so I'll just copy paste it here

>get game in 2004
>join raiding guild
>one guy is a teacher, buncha guys my age, one dude works construction, and another guy works at a bank
>play till cata then drop
>get back into the game after 5 years
>join guild
>join discord
>one dude has aspergers, one dude has "ptsd", one dude is a tranny, one dude has ADHD, and the normal guy with me

I miss when people introduced themselves by their jobs, not by their mental disorder

So hows that vanilla server doing?
>>
File: C1JlkcKUoAAcPKu.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
C1JlkcKUoAAcPKu.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>Was a low druid
>Always bought some 50s silverhammer from weapon vendors without any stats
>Go to the gnome/dwarf starter area and pretend to be a rare in travel form while flagged for pvp
>People fell for it and i switched out of form to chase them down with my hammer.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (111KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
111KB, 584x622px
>>379575145
>join AV
>game has apparently been going on for like 12 hours
>people are still pushing at eachother around midfield
>Tank from one of the top 3 raiding guilds on the server joins the game in full T2
>watch as he just rushes in and they all focus him
>Horde on server have like only one raiding guild that just started MC so they are in full dungeon or PvP blues
>literally can't bring him down as healers keep healing him for what little damage they manage to do that he doesn't block/absorb/parry
>all while everyone else on my team keeps killing them as they tunnelvision him
>he pushes the entire Horde team back to fucking FB Tower with all the NPC's and shit aggroed on him
>mfw the game ended like 1 hour later
>mfw he was literally fucking invincible
>>
>>379582195
I tamed beasts in non-contested zones and named them appropriately then used Eyes of the Beast to walk around as them around the area the beasts are found waiting for someone to attack.
>>
>>379582383
First time i ever sa that happen was a vid from an Orc hunter in the human starting zone.

also:

>Remember thinking the server names were just random
>Notice my own server name has a location ingame
>Make it a mission to level up and go to it.
>Started as Horde and that server was Aerie Peak.
>>
>>379582364
I had a similar game, but the Horde won because they had a Tauren Warrior in full Naxx gear and 3 pocket healers.
We managed to hold for like an hour on the last bridge until the Horde managed to push through and win.
It was a pretty fun 20 hours.
>>
>>379581027
I, the adultretanon, rolled a tauren at first too, and only later on made a paladin on one of the new realms they made months after the release. And similarly, what really made the game for me was that I was so genuinely interested in the game world and lore thanks to WarCraft. It was a really one-of-a-kind experience being able to explore a whole world like that that you had only seen some glimpses and select few scenarios of in the past.

Past that it boiled down to the grind being really rewarding, which kept me going after the world lost its initial magic. In the end, it always happens with any game. At first it's interesting and immersive, but you will inevitably begin to see the game world for what it is, and see it through its laws and mechanics rather than your RP goggles.

I think that's also why I find it hard to enjoy some new releases I find too samey to some old games I've played in the past. There's no immersion when the mechanics and laws of the game world feel all too familiar from the get-go.
>>
>>379575145
Played paladin during vanilla and mut rogue during tbc (despite being repeatedly told that combat is better), even took a glaive off some sorry combat rogue but its not the story.

I rerolled to resto shaman at the start of wotlk so that the guild had more heroisms and heals. Ulduar hard modes were the best content I encountered throughout expansions but more often than not I was asked to go as ele, especially during gimmick fights like Vezax and Hodir. Also acquired a lot of offspec gear including that vezax trinket that was BIS for every caster.
Thanks to gear and typical FS->LaB->EM->CL nearly globaled any but tank classes on the server before they could react. Then trained engineering to safely thunderstorm players off their mounts while they were in the air. Never had as much fun in pvp since.
>>
File: 1479504472163s.jpg (2KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1479504472163s.jpg
2KB, 125x97px
>>379575145
>be 12 y/o me
>see uncle playing WoW, my first contact with the game
>Let's me try the game, on a level 10 Orc warrior
>not allowed to touch his max level characters
>Log in, warrior is standing in Thunderbluff
>noobish moment, go for the big leap down TB
>died like an idiot
>after rezzing, walk around the basin of TB, find this big ghost wolf mob
>it's level 11, me 10, got me into thinking "Yeah, this one surely won't be hard to kill"
>Die like a bitch
>this cycle continues for several tries.
>haven't got any shit done, but game was amazing nonetheless.
>seeing the vast land of Mulgore only enhanced the experience
After that i had to log off, raiding came up
>watching my uncle get ready and set for raiding
>Zul'Gurub, amazed at how great the instance was looking
>Once they hit up the snake boss, it made *click*
>"Yeah, I wanna fully play this game, too"

I actually never got to it, though. Didn't have the money with 12 years old and 13 eurobux per month was apparently too much for my parents.
still feel like I missed out on some great gaming exp with Vanilla.
>>
>>379582631
>paladin on one of the new realms they made months after the release

>what do you mean I can't dps as ret? why can't I dps with SoC?
>how do I tank as prot when I run out of mana with seal of wisdom?
>why does this other paladin in raid always replace my blessing of might?
>what do you mean I have to just cleanse throughout the whole raid?
>>
>Be a druid
>Have a warlock guildy
>Him, His brother an alchemist, and me in a party
>Decide "Hey, we should fuck with some people to pass the time" This was before such things were considered 'trolling'
>Swim way off the coast of Orgrimmar and down into the depths of the ocean with aqua form, endless breath buff & movement speed potions
>Still considered in Orgrimmar so have access to it's chat channels
>/1 FREE 14 slot bags
>Invite responders to group
>summon them to the bottom of the ocean
>kick them from group
>Laugh as they drown while either loading or trying to swim to the surface after loading

Vanilla was good times.
>>
>>379575145
>pretended to be a girl
>had 5 boyfriends at the same time
>2 of them hated each other
>kept buying me expensive shit to win me over
Good times.
>>
>make an orc named realsh
>someone calls me "relish" in general chat
>log off and delete character
>>
>Be low level shitter in westfal
>some orc runs around murderfucking everything and yelling "I KIL MU HA HA" in chat
I was genuinely terrified.

Fast forward few years later i got chat muted for spamming L t A A F and killing niggers in booty bay.
>>
File: 1491901276729.png (834KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1491901276729.png
834KB, 720x1152px
>be eastern european kid in 2004
>suddenly everyone in every computer hall(don't know what to call these businesses) starts playing this game
>go to the biggest one that everybody knows
>start up an undead rouge
>at one point the boss walks by, glances at my screen and stops dead in his tracks
>IS THIS KID ALLIANCE
>quickly approaches and squints at my character
>sees it's not a human and actually undead
>Oh
>walks away

everybody in my rural town played horde, and if anyone saw you play alliance you could seriously lose your friends
>>
>>379583085
At that point it was more like almost a year. I think 7 months. We already had greater blessings at the time and you actually healed instead of playing whack-a-mole with decursive.

I raided as 20 holy, 0 prot, 31 ret or some variation of it, like 12/8/31, and healed. I only got shit for my ret spec that was like 5/26/20 or something and had to change it after a few months. The only people who had any issues with me healing as ret and taking whatever I felt like throwing my DKP at were DPS warriorcucks who no one cared about anyway. Laughed when some warrior complained about me taking some piece of loot and the officer just said "maybe if you raided more you'd have DKP to win it mate"
>>
>>379586605
I can understand their complaints though as you weren't going to use that dps gear for raiding. There was just cloth, leather and the rare plate with int(not sure anymore, starting to forget things).
>>
>>379587026
Objectively speaking it was of course a valid complaint, seeing as they'd have used it in raids, but in reality DPS warriors weren't a real thing either outside fury warriors. Arms was a PvP meme. They were mostly useful as tanks. As long as they had one more healer who wasn't retarded they were happy to let me have a go at them fair and square with DKP.

Int was very much a useless stat for ret. You'd only get it if you went for the judgement meme for spell damage in addition to some melee stats, but in the end you just really wanted all the warrior stats and enough mana to full heal yourself in a bubble and cast some cleanses and blessings, along with like one holy light during repe and HoJ. In the end you often ended up with a completely random set of shit like the crown of destruction mail helm from Ragnaros.
>>
>stranglethorn valley pvp
>darkshire stitches
>getting my epic mount
>>
I miss being new to WoW
>>
File: CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg (883KB, 906x1367px) Image search: [Google]
CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg
883KB, 906x1367px
>>379587465
GOTTA GET BACK.

BACK TO THE PAST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39p5JT-rXE
>>
File: wtf_mister.jpg (156KB, 492x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_mister.jpg
156KB, 492x460px
I once met a fellow lvl 56 shaman in WPL who had no idea that his class has a resurrection spell. The obliviousness of vanilla players was amazing sometimes.
>>
>grind on the lv20 wolves on the river shore of Darkshire to get my skinning up/ sell some medium leather on the AH
>get ganked by lv ?? hordes
Happened to me both in retail WoW and private servers. I guess the horde players are there trying to find some rare spawn (Lupos? no fucking clue) for ... something. What the fuck is so special about Lupos?
>>
>>379576275
I tanked WC maybe once or twice with some of those.
>>
>>379589194
didn't it do shadow damage back in the day?
>>
>>379587465
>have epic mount
>now have to wait ages for peasant guildies
>>
>>379581596
how did it end
>>
>>379575145
its been so long i can barely remember but this was back in 2004 or 5 when i first installed
whatever early quest in human starter zone where you have to kill tha one guy with a shit respawn time
people literally were standing in line in order being polite and making small talk while waiting their turn
ransom shit like this was why i loved wow
fuck i loved my first guild we didnt raid hardcore or anything but it was nice just to get on and bullshit with people and get our asses kicked in pvp
fuck i miss raiding cities
or the bull run or whatever it was called where a bunch of lvl 1 tauren s attack stormwind a bunch of guilds would plan it to make it a big event
>>
i juzzed in my pants the first time i opened wow
that cinematic got me
>>
>>379589516
>raiding cities
Me too. I remember it was still a think up until MoP or Draenor too or at least on RP servers

Not too sure why it suddenly stopped. Guards too high or world pvp being kind of shit now in Legion.
>>
>>379590593
Guards are literally weaker then quest mobs now
>>
>>379589516
>raiding cities
Raiding cities was alright, but there was something even more fun to do:
>grab elite Satyr in Duskwood that's tougher than most 40-man raid bosses
>kite him to Stormwind
>during fight he keeps growing almost indefinitely scaling in power
>watch as entire Stormwind is trying to kill that sky-reaching colossus
>massive genocide ensued
>>
My first character was an orc warlock. Thought the idea of having a pet was super cool and orcs looked badass. Quit within 5 levels. Next character was an orc warrior and loved it. Named him something edgy like Blackthunder. Leveled as fury, bought gear off the AH for myself and everything. Got to level 20 and realized that my hair was purple instead of black. Was so irritated by this that I deleted the character.

My next character (and still main today) was a human paladin. I wanted to name him Silverhammer but accidentally forgot the R in Silver and didnt notice until level 30 something. Thought fuck it and rolled on as Silvehammer.

I didnt get a single Gold until lvl 20. Why? I would constantly buy white gear from vendors the second I saw a piece with more armor than I already had. I thought armor was the best stat in the game. Also, I leveled as a holy dps paladin because I thought Holy Shock was a super cool spell (omg a melee class with a ranged spell?? so op). Also, I had no idea you could rez someone when they already left their body. When someone told me I could I refused to believe it and pretended it didnt work by beginning to rez them and then jumping at the last second before it went off and saying "see didnt work".

God I was a shit player. Didnt even realize Holy was a healing spec until someone invited me to a raid and assigned me to heal only.

Had the time of my life though.
>>
>>379589398
She cheated on him with Jamal the troll.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.