[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing King's Field for the first time >having fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: king's field.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
king's field.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>playing King's Field for the first time
>having fun
>get the bow and the mana spring going after some exploring
>now that I've got ranged attacks I bet I could cheese the giant squid thing that oneshot me when I was exploring
>go back to it
>run out of MP and arrows, still not dead
>have to dart in and smack his ass with a mace and run away before he blows me up
>15 minutes later he's finally dead
>have a nightmare of a time fighting the piece of shit squids that shoot blue fireballs inside the cave
>eventually down them all and get the shrine key and gold inside
>start heading back to the spring to heal up, restore MP, and save afterwards
>GAME FUCKING FREEZES
>>
is kings field good if youre a big fan of soulsborne? seems very dated and clunky
>>
>>379574829
Maybe the PS2 game, but otherwise no, you should only play it if you're a fan of games like Ultima Underworld(and they're not as good as UU).
>>
>>379574829
It's nothing like the Soulsgames, but that doesn't mean you couldn't like it. It was always clunky, but if you're into exploring dungeons, King's Field and Shadow Tower will offer you some of the cream of the crop. Actually I'd say that King's Field 4 has the best designed dungeon out of any game I've ever played, and I've been a dungeon crawler my entire life.
>>
Level design in this game is really great
>>
>>379575224
I was having tons of fun with it until the game froze and threw out hours of progress.
>>
>>379574829
King's Field is a terrific series but it is difficult to get into.
I'd say start with King's Field 2 because it's more linear in design and in turn more accessible.
Now if you like how the game works and want a game where you can explore more freely then I would say King's Field is the way to go.
King's Field 4 is also tough to get into because for some dumb reason they stick a poison cave you must progress through right at the beginning. You spend like 3 hours fighting rollie pollies and slimes. It's annoying. It makes the already tedious beginning bits of a King's Field more tedious than it needs to be. Then there are xenomorphs? Like, what the fuck is that shit?
Shadow Tower is cool too but you don't get a map and your equipment breaks making it, again, real difficult to get into. Shadow Tower is a game you play when you put up with all the BS of the King's Field series and want an even more difficult version of an already difficult series.
so tl;dr:
King's Field 2 to introduce yourself
King's Field
King's Field Ancient City
Shadow Tower

In that order
>>
>>379575903
I played it as a kid and it was a translated pirated version, and everytime you start to talk to NPC the game freezes. It was an odd experience - there are NPCs, but you can't talk to them. Complete loneliness. Couldn't progress that far in such condition desu, remembered about it when I played Dark Souls in 2012.
>>
>>379575985
I have a modded Vita with Adrenaline and all to play PS1 games collecting dust. Will try it.
>>
>>379574829
No, I don't think so.
As a fan of the Souls games I tried out the first one, only to write it off as shit after I died 3 times in a row to a tree thing, I tried waiting to see if it had an attack pattern, but nope it was just completely random attacks that would hit me 90% of the time before I could have the chance to back away.
>>
>>379576430
Circle strafe them so you're behind them.
>>
File: semen demon.png (855KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
semen demon.png
855KB, 1024x717px
>>379575985
>no Shadow Tower Abyss
opinion discarded
>>
>>379576619
I started the game up again to try this, couldn't find the tree again, only found and killed a mummy and some snakes. Just trying to practice strafing was so weird and difficult to get the hang of, I'm too used to MML1&2 strafing where you turn the camera with L1/R1 instead of left/right, so I doubt it even would have helped me had I found the tree again, but I'll take your word for it I guess.
>>
>>379574829
play King's Field 4 is the best King's Field and you can play it on PS3.
>>
>>379577169
>My Flail…. Bring Me My Flail
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.