[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CheMEMEcal Plant is back to represent Sonic 2 *sigh* again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: maniYuck.png (164KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
maniYuck.png
164KB, 500x377px
CheMEMEcal Plant is back to represent Sonic 2 *sigh* again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwNFWB2Qhg

>Mystic Cave will never get the love it deserves
>>
>>379574135

None?
>>
Am I the only one smart enough to see the cynical cash grab that this is? It's a polished ROM hack.
>>
>>379576653
You are so smart, anon. Post your dick for us to rate it, I bet its gigantic.
>>
>>379576653
>It's a polished ROM hack.

Wow... it's like the devs... actually... did that... for years...make rom hacks that is...
>>
>>379576653
in that sense, so is sonic 2, 3, knuckles, and CD

If you saw the video then you saw it's full of new sprites and new mechanics.
>>
>>379576861
Yeah man 2 and CD were just romhacks of 1.
>>
>>379576915
The devs literally made fan rom hacks
>>
The act 2 remix sounds pretty ok. I hate the way the new act 1 sounds though.
>>
Everything from 40 seconds on gets me rock hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRRxN4hydY
>>
>>379577008
Yes the Sonic 2 and CD dev teams made fan romhacks of 1. Kind of silly to make fanworks of your own IP if you ask me!

It's a good thing this isn't a romhack considering the assets are all new as in even tiny background elements in green hill and in taxman's engine. It's literally less of a romhack than 2 is to 1.
>>
>>379577214
You might be retarded. The developers of Sonic Mania, who aren't the same people at all as those behind the original Sonic games, spent their childhood and adolescence making Sonic rom hacks. It's all they did. That's why they're the ones making Sonic Mania.
>>
>>379574135
You're giving it shit, but that second act is the kind of thing I want to see from the remixed levels.
I like what they're doing, but it would be nice to see some more repeat zones that aren't also in generations.

If you just really like mystic cave that much there is an extremely well done hack that puts it in generations for you.
Go play that. No really it's very good.
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7KB, 201x199px
>>
>Act 1's music
Eh. It lacks the oomph of the original. Act 2 sounds rad though.
>>
>>379574135
Stay salty I'm glad it's back.
>>
>>379577008
So?
Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Why does it bother you so much?
>>
>>379578048
I never said it bothered me, the guy said it was a polished rom hack like it was a bad thing and all I meant was that Sonic Mania literally is just a polished rom hack. It's probably the best idea for a 2D sprite-based Sonic game. What in most posts indicated it bothered me?
>>
>>379578265
But it's not a romhack, it's a completely new engine
>>
>>379576653
>Its a polished Rom hack
would you have preferred a Romanian one?
>>
>>379578450
New computer no reaction images but nice.
>>
>>379578317
Polished as in it's more than a rom hack, that's what I meant. I'm not saying it's literally made using Sonic 3 code.
>>
Chemical plant has appeared in way more games than Emerald Hill Zone. Maybe some day they'll stop throwing Green Hill into every Sonic game and use Emerald just once more.
>>
>>379577339
This is a good thing.
It means they understand what makes a good classic Sonic game.
Mania is actually quite technically impressive. It remakes the old physics accurately (platformer physics suck these days) whilst being on a well made engine that won't slow down like a romhack would.
>>
>>379574135
The first theme is worse than the original.
The second one is better than the original.
>>
>>379574135
You mean Aquatic Ruins right? It could even transition flawlessly into Hydrocity.
>>
>>379574135
JUST REMAKE SONIC 2 IT WAS THE ONLY GOOD SONIC GAME
>>
>>379576653
they are rehasing the same levels, people hyping this shit up are up for disappointment
>>
>>379577631
>If you just really like mystic cave that much there is an extremely well done hack that puts it in generations for you.
>Go play that. No really it's very good.
I don't mind Chemical Plant since it adds a lot of cool mechanics but that Mystic Cave mod just copies the original layout from Act.1, it's great for a fan mod aesthetically how it recreates the enemies but there's no real reason to play it due to the level design being unchanged, it doesn't help Generations physics aren't really made for it.
>>
>>379574135
yea its a shame
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.