[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just played this for the first time and beat it over the course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: PS_WiiUVC_SuperMetroid.png (316KB, 456x409px) Image search: [Google]
PS_WiiUVC_SuperMetroid.png
316KB, 456x409px
Just played this for the first time and beat it over the course of an afternoon.

I didn't like it. Not that I hated it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Did /v/ pull a fast one on me by convincing me to play it?
>>
I liked Other M.

It was bad, but I liked it.
>>
>>379570652
>Did /v/ pull a fast one on me
Maybe you could consider for a second the possibility that you just have different tastes and /v/ isnt just there to troll you. Super Metroid is a beloved game but you need to put yourself into a certain perspective since it's a 1994 game. Also, consider the impact it had on speedrunning.
>>
Motherfucker no one here cares enough about you to care what games you play or what you thought about them or trick you.
>>
>>379570915
Speedrunning isn't really a thing outside of heavily autistic communities. I would guess 0.01% of people who play video games have ever attempted a speed run of any game at all.
>>
>>379570652
Everyone has different tastes.

I didn't like OoT, mostly because I found the controls terrible and the graphics passable bu not pleasing. However, I didn't play it when it came out as I didn't have an N64 at the time, so that's probably part of it.

Super Metroid, on the other hand, I find myself replaying every once and a while though.
>>
>>379570915
>Also, consider the impact it had on speedrunning.
oh christ you had me until this shit, haha fuck me

mentioning speedrunning is so arbitrary and esoteric
>>
>>379570652
best game
>>
>>379570915
>consider the impact it had on speedrunning.
None, until over a decade later when it became the most popular Metroid game since "Metroid and Metroid 2 are 2hard!"

The original Metroid had more of an impact on speedrunning since it was one of the first games to actively encourage it.
>>
File: 96yuzu.jpg (72KB, 358x175px) Image search: [Google]
96yuzu.jpg
72KB, 358x175px
>>379570652
You clearly just have different tastes, plenty love Super Metroid, it is a good game, it just wasn't for you. What didn't you like about it by the way?
>>
>>379570652
>Did /v/ pull a fast one on me by convincing me to play it?

No. Super Metroid is a game that gets recommended because it has a lot of love from the general video game community, it just wasn't for you.
>>
Super Metroid is one of the best game ever made. That's for sure.
>>
>>379570652
Back in 1994 that was the best game ever and I spent many years of my childhood playing it.

But today, it's okay and i would probably play it for 10 minutes and that would be enough to feed my nostalgia and then i'd stop playing.
>>
>>379570915
>1994
So what? Are you suggesting that there are similar but better games that have since been released? If so please post some.

>speedrunning
never mind I guess I got tricked
>>
>>379570652
I played it a few weeks ago and liked it.

I'm currently trying Mega Man X since it seems to be the official game of /vr/, but I really can't see the appeal of it so far
>>
>>379570652
Played it last month and loved it. Very fast paced game that also encouraged exploration and strategy, and has high replay value.

Mega Man X on the other hand, I just don't get. I think most people calling this game a masterpiece only do so out of nostalgia or to fit in with the hardcore crowd, because in reality it's pretty fucking flawed.
>>
>>379570652
>Did /v/ pull a fast one on me by convincing me to play it?
That game is pretty much universally praised, don't blame on /v/ for having a shit taste.
>>
File: 1460623005667.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1460623005667.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>379570652
>beat it over the course of an afternoon
Here's the problem here. You're playing it wrong.
You're supposed to take your time with retro games.
Old games are meant to be played slowly, just few ours a day, without any guide help, possibly trying to score a 100%, then take another faster run and then another one until every pixel of the game is deeply burned into your mind.

>>379573938
>>379575490
>played Super Metroid just few weeks ago
>Never ever played Mega Man X before
>can't see the appeal

I-is this what /v/ is reduced to? Kids playing masterpieces games like a chore and then shitting on them?

You can literally play Mega Man X on any system possible (because SNES emulator run even on toasters). It will take few ours to finish it so time isn't an issue at all.
There's no TRYING Mega Man X, it's nearly impossible to even avoid playing the game.

>fucking flawed
Well go on then, start pointing out.
Classic games like Mega Man X aren't a nostalgia trip only. That's a game with a gameplay so fresh it didn't age a day.

Mega Man X is a straightforward game. You're supposed to have fun jumping and shooting. Difficulty curve is balanced in a way to keep you constantly focused without crushing your nerves.
That's a comfy and mindless fun for expert players. It's a good start for novices.

Also I'm sick and tired of people just ignoring good OST, level design and character design. That's the classic Capcom style. You may not dig it but it's just good art.
>>
>>379575490
>>379573938
When it came out, it felt like a significant step forward from Mega Man on the NES. True, it is far easier, but it's a game that tries to teach you by doing instead of by failure.

It's not the best game ever made, but it is a noteworthy one on the Super Nintendo. My suggestion, if you are looking for a mecha side scroller for the SNES, is play Cybernator. It's not the best, but it does have some impressive effects for a super nintendo game and solid gameplay.
>>
>>379576614
who the hell is hating on MMX
>>
>>379570652
I fucking loved it when I played it for the first time last year. Shame you didn't, too.
>>
you have shit taste. nobody tricked you
>>
>>379576797
them >>379575490
>>
>>379575490
I dislike megaman X more than the classics because I think it's easier, still think it's enjoyable though
>>
Megaman is just a faster and shittier metal slug
>>
>>379570652
You just have shit taste.
>>
>>379570915

Basically this. It's possible that it simply doesn't appeal to you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.