[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are You playing the role of Geralt the Witcher if he already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
How are You playing the role of Geralt the Witcher if he already is a witcher who knows how to swing his swords witcher style and can drink witcher potions without dying since he was trained but you werent there to train him?

You are not roleplaying Geralt, you are watching him Be Geralt as this action game is but a pre-scripted movie and nothing else.
>>
Yes, you are given a role of Geralt, the witcher whose job is to kill monsters. Yes, there's a predefined set of tools you are given to achieve that. The "role playing" aspect of this game is when you interact with the world and people placed in it. And the consequences that are tied to those interactions and choices is how all this stuff impacts the said world.
>>
File: 1422574262607.png (331KB, 600x714px) Image search: [Google]
1422574262607.png
331KB, 600x714px
>>379565561

You can choose between a wide variety of hair/beard combinations - from fuccboi to based grandpa.
>>
>>379567038
but...why?
>>
>>379565561
Because he lost his memory in the first game and only fully recovered it by 3, the player has been given free reign to imprint upon him over the last 2 games and the resulting character is no longer Book Geralt, but Player Geralt + Book Geralt's knowledge.
>>
master chief in halo, snake in metal gear, isaac clarke in dead space, etc, all roles being played
>>
>>379568580
have you never, as a child, and lets assume that was some years ago, pretended to be a character from fiction you read, watched, imagined?

THAT was roleplaying.
You played the role of a character to the best of your knowledge, and pretended to face situations, then dealt with them according to the role you pretended to be.

>>379569501
the difference is choice and consequence.

In witcher everyone is faced with the same intial situations, but through the individual choices to resolve these situations you can face different situations later on, and so forth.

In halo, mgs, and dead space you only have the choice to continue, or not.

None of those expect you to pretend to be the hero in question and make choices that will differ depending on how well the choice suits the character.
>>
File: 1464641270119.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1464641270119.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>379565561

So this is the last resort shitposters have hmm?
>>
By using your imagination, anon. Come on, you can't expect the game to do all the work! I think my favorite roleplaying experience in a game was Alien: Isolation. That was so fun, because my character Amanda did minimal stuff that I agreed with and was relatable unlike Master Chief or Gordon Ramsay, but she also was quiet enough that I could really have her be thinking the thoughts I was, unlike loud talkative characters like nu-Lara Croft and I can't think of another example. Anyway I felt a real bond with Amanda I felt like I was her and that was very exciting. Wished Fallout 4 was bettter
>>
>>379570893
Oops, gordon freeman. Sorry, i am quite high
>>
>>379565561
pff that's fine with me because the story is pretty well written and the gameplay/exploration is decent. Roleplaying is for faggots who have a shitty life.
>>
This was actually an issue for me in the game. I never knew if I should be making the choices I would be making in that situation, or the ones I imagine Geralt would, and neither option felt satisfying.
>>
>>379565561

Witcher Online when?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.