[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to play this for the first time, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
I'm about to play this for the first time, what's a recommended build?
>>
>>379565329
Grab a rifle, shove a silencer and upgrade the living shit out of it, drop all your fucking points into rifles and go to win the game (using stealth)

You may also want to drop points into some other skills, just don't drop points into swimming and that skill for enviromental suits, they suck.
>>
don't bother with stealth at all after the first mission
rifles, lockpicking, hacking are good
>>
>>379565329
Really, whatever you like. But make sure you get Computers, Electronics and Lockpicking to Trained early on.

Treat it as a stealth game, not an FPS.

If you do want to go a guns blazing route, that's fine too, but be forewarned it'll be quite a bit harder until you level up the Ballistic Skin upgrade.
>>
File: PaulDenton.png (267KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
PaulDenton.png
267KB, 460x438px
Stick with the prod.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>379565329
Put everything in Swimming

Trust me on this
>>
Shove points into all of the utility skills like hacking, lockpicking, etc. You literally don't need anything else as long as you aren't terrible at shooting. Once you get the sword, the game basically turns into easy mode anyway.
>>
>>379565704
Sometimes you have to make a silent takedown.
>>
>>379566623
a nonlethal is always the most silent takedown
>>
>>379565329
>expected "What should I expect?" faggotry
>turns out to be a legitimate question

Nice thread, OP.
>>
>>379565563
I've never tried playing Deus Ex fully run-and-gun. Do you get enough ammo for everything to be feasible? Even the flamethrower/plasma gun?
>>
The Crossbow
>>
>>379565329
Pretty much anything works in this game. It's one of the things that makes it so good. Pistols are my favorite tho. Swimming and Environmental Resistance aren't too useful IMO, but I've heard people defend them before.
>>
File: the attack on the statue.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the attack on the statue.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
skill athletics > melee > explosives > swimming > medicine.
stick every possible weapon mod on your pistol > crossbow.
augment sprinting > cloaking > combat strength > damage resistance > aqualung > bioenergy recycling or as situations call for it.
consider skilling multitool use on the side since you can break through most doors with your big dick melee weapons and explosives anyway. combat strength is also great for avoiding traps by stacking absurd amounts of props.
explosives is the best possible complement to melee weapons, since LAM/SCRAM/EMP/GEP makes shrapnel out of any bots you encounter, and GAS is perfect for clearing out rooms with your trusty telescope.
pistol's good for long-range takedowns, crossbows for lone targets.

you won't have much inventory room while holding pistol, crossbow, GEP, 4 grenade types, baton, lockpicks, multitools, medkits, soda, soy, and sword, but this is objectively the best way to play the game
>>
>>379565329
Lams, just lams.
>>
wait for GMDX 9.0 to release first
>>
>>379570269
>lam jumping over niggas as they explode
Always the best feeling.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.