[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people understand that people who hate "turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: aeris.jpg (110KB, 338x319px) Image search: [Google]
aeris.jpg
110KB, 338x319px
Why don't people understand that people who hate "turn based games" do so in general not because they fundamentally hate turn based gameplay in principal, but because almost all existing turn based vidya just have garbage gameplay that is highly limited and tedious as all hell.

In general devs just make no attempt to move beyond this despite all the advances the industry has gone through. This isn't even a request that these games "get with the times" and become action game or whatever, but an honestly inquiry as to why turn based games simply don't bother to take advantage of the simple fact that they are turn based and the freedom this ought to bring. In spite of the fact that turn based games ought to let you do arbitrarily creative stuff that takes advantage of the environment just by default, and old school adventure games let you do tons of interesting shit in this vein (i.e. use x item on statue to make it fall over), its typical that this is either just not possible, or it otherwise only is in contrived situations where the game goes out of its way to highlight these limited possibilities for you.

And that's just the absolute minimum that I would expect of this style of game is order for it to be not just completely inferior to real time games (where such possibilities are much more commonplace). The actual potential for tactical creativity in turn based should far surpass what is possible in real time actions games, but nobody seems to demand this or really care.
>>
Jesus Christ anon, it's just a 20 year old video game.
>>
>>379561685
jagged alliance 2
dominions 4
heroes of might and magic 3
>>
File: Nocturne.jpg (34KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne.jpg
34KB, 256x360px
>>379561685
>
>>
>>379561685
>>
File: header-8.jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header-8.jpg
63KB, 460x215px
>>
>>379561685
>hate turn based gameplay in principal

I feel your pain, my principal beat me with a stack of Final Fantasy guide books when I was a kid.
>>
>i write one and a half paragaphs in good grammar and punctuation and shit and get sent straight yo archive

>dude writes a fucking essay with no bait picture and gets multiple responses

ive been here since 2007 why the fuck dont you guys like me yet
>>
>>379561685
tldr
>>
>>379561685
I hate turn based games on principle. I want my dudes to get in there and slap some shit, not wait around for their 'turn'.
>>
Name a single turn based RPG that has better gameplay than Worms Armageddon
Protip: You can't
>>
lmao op, aint nobody will read all that crap, keep it consize next time

tl;dr
>>
>>379566059

Not OP but I feel like Worms is the only turn based game that I'll give the time of day to.
>>
I don't hate turn based. I just hate random encounters
>>
>>379561685
I've come to terms with the reality that I do in fact, hate turn-based gameplay in principal.

Why the fuck do I have to wait for an arbitrary pause menu before I am allowed to hit my opponent. How is that ever good for gameplay. Especially now, when there are alternatives now that literally accomplish the same thing but allow you to move and attack freely.

I remember my first time playing a Souls game and realizing what the fuck was so wrong with turn-based gameplay all these years immediately, and the first thing that came to mind is 'damn, it's forcing me to attack/buff/heal in windows like a turn-based RPG, except it doesn't feel shitty'.
>>
>>379567304
I don't hate random encounters I just hate stats
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.