[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make $500+ million from GTA Online >still want to add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: vg1jwcdm.jpg (183KB, 799x681px) Image search: [Google]
vg1jwcdm.jpg
183KB, 799x681px
>make $500+ million from GTA Online
>still want to add even more microtransactions

Is anyone even hyped for RDR2 Online after this?
>>
>>379538519
Iit is sad to know we will never have a good single player gta game evwr again
>>
>>379538519
Can someone explain why the hell GTA Online managed to make so much goddamn money, it's not even that great.
>>
>>379538519
>giving a shit about neo-Rock$tar

The only people I know who play GTA Online are underage or casuals who have spent, I shit you not, a grand each on shark cards. What the fuck is there to even buy worth a shit in GTA:O? When I played near launch on PC, a money fairy shot money at me and I had 2mil within minutes and there wasn't even anything worth buying then.
>>
>>379538850
Children and minorities.
>>
Time to expect DLC crates in the next update.
>>
Welp
Looks like I'll be holding off on RDR2.
>>
>>379539081
Fuck you, don't give them ideas
>>
File: 43242980423.jpg (13KB, 235x191px) Image search: [Google]
43242980423.jpg
13KB, 235x191px
You know what really fucking pisses me off about the microtransaction bullshit? The Online is still a buggy unfinished mess with a shit netcode even with hundreds of millions on top of several billions made from the game
>>
>>379538519
I so much want they take over the Fallout IP I would give them every of my pennises
>>
>>379538519
ITT poorfags can't afford $1.99 on cosmetics
>>
>>379538850

Shark cards.

You can get $100K for $3 real cash or get discounts like $8MIL for $69.99 real cash.

Every update adds items to the game that get more expensive to make players spend more real cash.
>>
>>379538935
You really are a turd sandwich.
They said publisher, Rockstar isn't the publisher Take-Two Interactive is.

At this point their hands are tied, Take-Two says jump and Rockstar asks how many shark cards they should charge to jump
>>
>>379539301
rockstar doesnt actually fix their games past release, unless it has legal ramifications, see hot coffee
>>
>>379539301
Most modern video games aren't for us anymore, it's a different audience now.
>>
>>379539378

There's a difference between being able to afford it and not being stupid enough to actually real money on it.
>>
>>379538519
This actually really annoys me. They're making it seem like they're the "good guys" and they're protecting us goyims from microtransactions.
When in reality they're ALREADY bending consumers over with them
>>
>>379539572
>r-rockstar wouldn't release shark cards if they weren't owned by take-two!

*breaths in*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You corporate apologists sicken me
>>
>>379539824
When has rockstar ever been the good guys?

They make good games, but people forget just how much money they've managed to suck out of people for the dumbest of features and they still never come close to the marketing promises. years before the game releases.
>>
>>379539572
Nigger, Take-Two literally created Rockstar.
>>
File: 14383704166_ba474431de_z.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
14383704166_ba474431de_z.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
I have the money to buy the same on full price, and yet i chose not to, because i already paid for the fucking game and now i have to waste way too much money to unlock stuff, and what do i get? retarded cosmetics that mods can do better and a buggy and boring multiplayer.

>ITT Pcbros that bend over to their Gaben overlord.
>>
Can I spawn all the cool DLC vehicles in singleplayer with mods?
>>
>>379538519

>biggest open world gaming franchise in the world
>only made 500million

You greedy fucks, do you realize how little that is per player? How many players are paying little to nothing to play in the online space. Greedy leeches
>>
Here's what I don't understand. Why the fuck would anyone want to buy cars and property and whatever the fuck in GTA Online? It's not like it has some RPG stats in place or something, is it? Or that there's any sort of meaningful content that can only be tackled with better gear or whatever.

It's just lounging around. It's like Second Life but without the option for all the weird stuff that happens there.
>>
>>379540374
it's kids using daddy's credit card or stupid manchildren
>>
>>379538850
Why is Avatar the top grossing movie of all time?

Idiots consumers and modern marketing methods so effective they will be illegal in a couple years.
>>
>>379538519
I'm retarded and a few years ago I made a this tl;dr wannabe market analyst post on GameSpot about how all games (including single player) would eventually go f2p so they could milk people with this shit. Back then I thought surly idiots wouldn't actually support tolerate microtransations in full priced games.

I also use to be a libertarian but I this has made me lose faith in the free market. The average person is actually dumb enough to pre-order, put up with broken launches, buy microtransations and actually defend on this shit. You can't just ignore it because this trend is going to be adopted into every game as it grows more successful. My excitement for the future of anything gaming related is fucking dead now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NInaMgBYrA
>>
>>379539301
Why would they fix this product? It was a success and it's still successful.
Now they have to keep the money so they can invest for the future.
It's basic economy, duh, I guess you don't even know what a capital is.
>>
I wasn't even hyped for RDR offline.
>>
File: 1496282530265.png (93KB, 194x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496282530265.png
93KB, 194x218px
>>379538519
>Being hyped about Rockstar after the GTA5 nickel and diming shitshow

We're never getting something on the level of Red Dead Redemption, Bully or San Andreas ever again. And that fucking blows.
>>
File: wut.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>379540126
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.