[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best small open world games that are not procedural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1443717071958.jpg (478KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1443717071958.jpg
478KB, 1280x1280px
what are the best small open world games that are not procedural but carefully designed and crafted?
>>
Gothic 1 and 2
Morrowind
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (not really open world, but close enough)
Stalker Call of Pripyat
>>
>>379532621
I'm talking small open world as in almost indie level small.

Games like Grow Home, Outer Wilds and the likes. Something that almost resembles a world from a 3d super mario but with a few themed areas in it.
>>
>>379533229
At which point do they stop being small open worlds and become large closed levels or hubs?
>>
>>379533365
Well I'd say it's open world in that you're free to go everywhere right from the start. Like one of the cities in Vampire Bloodlines the Masquerade for example. It's not really open world in the more common sense of the word but you can go around picking up random unrelated quests and find misc locations that have their own story.
>>
>>379533559
>cities
They were districts anon, but yeah, I get what you mean. Witcher 1 and 2, perhaps? The games themselves aren't really small, but each act has its own mini-open world. Kind of like vtmb, except bigger and you can't return to the areas from previous acts.
>>
>>379531695
You named it.
Runescape.
>>
zineth

proteus
>>
>>379533229
Played a demo of outer wilds a while back. Can't put my finger on it but it game me the coolest feeling of exploration
>>
>>379534957
that's what I'm trying to find. The thing is this game was in space so every zone was literally miles away on a different planet. Are there games with a more intricate, intertwined world like it?

I guess San andreas and Dark souls (as opposed to the clusterfuck that was Dark souls 2) had very good elements of this even though they're much bigger.
>>
>>379535179
The Witness
Rain World

Like those?
>>
>>379533229
Persona 5
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.