[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Axiom Verge >AM2R >Shadow Complex >Xeodrifter >Ori

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

>Axiom Verge
>AM2R
>Shadow Complex
>Xeodrifter
>Ori and the Blind Forest
>Guacamelee
>Outland
Care to explain to me why the fuck Nintendo didn't release even ONE good Metroid(vania) game in a decade (ever since MP3)?
>>
Metroid doesn't sell in Japan, and its less popular than Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem in the west.
>>
>>379521731
That didn't stop them from making abominations that are Other M and Federation Force. Did all the good game designers fuck off one day or something?
>>
>>379521982
no, they just didn't have their top developers on those games, since their top devs would rather focus on the games that actually sell
>>
File: 1415514059908.png (50KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
1415514059908.png
50KB, 421x248px
>>379521496
Probably the same reason Konami didn't.

>yfw you remember there's actually a Castlevania game on the 3ds that no one talks about.
>>
>>379521731
>the manchild platformer franchise, the anime heroic fantasy and the tactical waifu simulator sell better than Metroid
i don't want to live on this planet anymore
>>
Metroid is one of those really amazing franchises that I have absolutely no idea why it doesn't click with the mainstream... So far only Other M was a bad game and it wasn't even that bad if you ignore the shit story and writing.
>>
>>379523068
metroid is just an alien ripoff anyway
>>
>>379523552
A good Alien ripoff, though. I mean, same could be said about Dead Space, and the first two parts of that were pretty good.
The original Prey probably also counts.
>>
File: 640[1].jpg (39KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
640[1].jpg
39KB, 680x425px
>>379523552
>yfw you realise Ridley is named after Alien director Ridley Scott
>>
>>379523552
Stop parroting memes, it's heavily inspired but it's certainly not a rip-off
>>
Because they know that there's no real market for it.
>>
>>379523509
It DOES click with the mainstream. They were popular as fuck during the Prime era.
>>
>>379524260
Nope. The games sold less and less with every release.

Prime really only did as well as it did due to being bundled with $99 Gamecube's.
>>
>>379524517
>The games sold less and less with every release.
Irrelevant. The games had tons of mainstream and critical appeal. To the point where retarded fanboys got into arguments about if Samus or Master Chief would win in and fight and where a common opinion was that Metroid Prime was an attempt to copy Halo.

You're too young to remember, but Metroid was MAINSTREAM for a long while. John Woo even optioned rights for a movie.
>>
>>379524517
>Prime really only did as well as it did due to being bundled with $99 Gamecube's.
And yet Metroid Prime Trilogy was the most demanded Wii game for re-release.
>>
>>379524817
And it didn't sell well at all. It barely became a million seller.

Metroid fans are a vocal minority:
>>
Brb guys, my boyfriend is pointing his dick at my mouth again
>>
>>379525856
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>379523068
Fire Emblem wasn't always waifu simulator. That cancer started with FE13 (Awakening).
>>
>>379527340
I'm aware, but it wasn't that popular until it became waifu simulator, though. MP3: Corruption sales were a lot better than Radiant Dawn, for example.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.