[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How high is his power level canonically when he takes off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].png (600KB, 498x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
600KB, 498x1000px
How high is his power level canonically when he takes off the handcuffs?
>>
Cody is like a child in that he has unlimited potential but has yet to explore it.
It's why he and Guy work well together, Guy is in no way gifted but is constantly training and applying himself and that's why he can fight at Cody's current level.
Canonically if Cody ever became truly invested in fighting at his best possible condition he would be the single strongest person in the Street Fighter/Final Fight universe, but he won't because being lazy is his character trait.
>>
>>379510364
He's pretty strong. Probably one of the toughest "regular" fighters of SF.

If I'm not mistaken, he's clearly above Ryu in some comics but not Evil Ryu. And I think Akuma or Oni admit that he has some hidden strength (since he's not fighting seriously) when they beat him. And when Cody wins against those monsters he's either not impressed (vs Akuma), or amused (vs Oni).
>>
Not sure, it would change a thing. I can already see why we're not using these kind of handcuffs anymore.
>>
>>379511879
iirc shin oni beat him in a fight but admitted that if cody was actually trying he wouldn't be sure if he could beat him

m.bison in one of the comics is downright terrified of cody
>>
>>379510364
If he bothered to give himself the same dedication to training that Ryu has, then he'd easily shit all over every SF character.
>>
>>379512110
Ah yes you're right. I don't know why I thought it was Akuma.

>m.bison in one of the comics is downright terrified of cody
You mean Dictator right ? Well I didn't know that, it's quite remarkable...
>>
>>379512497
yeah dictator
I think it was in one of the recent comics
bison treats cody as a force of nature that he's better off just not getting involved with or getting in the way of
>>
>>379512110
Neither of these things are true
>>
>>379513408
t.dictator
>>
File: My Idol.jpg (181KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
My Idol.jpg
181KB, 1000x1200px
>>379513792
post proofs worm
>>
>>379510754
Is all this from those Udon comics that have no bearing on anything or some shit
it all just started out as an in-joke due to Cody and Guy fighting multiple dudes at the same time in their franchise vs everyone else only ever fighting 1v1
>>
>>379514002
street fighter lore is already wacky enough as it is so why couldn't the strongest being in the series be a dude who stays in prison willingly because whenever he leaves people try and fight him which bores him even more
>>
>>379510754
Guy was a delinquent as a kid until his master took him in as a teenager and they revived the Bushin-Ryu school together
Cody was training in boxing and martial arts since he was 9, he & Guy became casual training rivals at some point before they help Haggar fight off the Mad Gear Gang

That's in Final Fight anyway which had none of this stuff about Cody being secretly superman or whatever though, dunno if Street Fighter is a different canon or what
>>
not even as strong as oro using one arm
>>
>>379514498
I think it comes from matchup specific win/lose quotes in SF4 where Cody makes light of the known strongest fighters when he wins and Akuma/Oni remark that Cody should fight with his full strength since Akuma's whole thing is fighting the strongest people he can to push his limits and it went from there.
>>
>>379510364
>when he takes off the handcuffs

the handcuffs don't restrain him in anyway. He fights perfectly fine without them.
>>
>>379514002
>it all just started out as an in-joke due to Cody and Guy fighting multiple dudes at the same time in their franchise vs everyone else only ever fighting 1v1

That's not exactly an in-joke, it's the canon reason for Cody keeping his handcuffs on. He can take them off whenever he pleases (as shown in his A3 taunt) but handicaps himself because he's so used to fighting hordes of dudes at once, 1v1 is baby mode to him.
>>
>>379515925
i think that is the neatest thing. that cody can easily remove the cuffs but leaves them on to challenge himself. my type of guy.
also love how one of his a3 supers is his Final Fight stun-infinite.
>>
>>379514374
Because its not
>>
Someone post that canon image of him crying after getting his ass beat by that cop in a FF game which is way more of an indicator of power than some wonky as comics.
>>
He's pretty good.
But is he any match for tickle tickle Ingrid?
>>
>>379517080
i wanna tickle ingrids feet
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.