[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is their lack of character development the most disappointing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 9

File: WhatCouldHaveBeen.jpg (66KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
WhatCouldHaveBeen.jpg
66KB, 500x725px
Is their lack of character development the most disappointing thing about the game?

2B:
>Her monologue at the beginning of the game foreshadows her breaking out of the cruel cycle.
>This didn't happen.
>The description of her weapons suggest inner turmoil.
>This is never really addressed or resolved.
>Instead she is a generic stoic, 'ice queen' character.
>Her only character development involves her falling in love with 9S, which came out of fucking nowhere.

A2:
>Probably the most gorgeous video game character ever created.
>Easily the most fun to play as.
>Her personality is Kaine's but slightly less rude.
>No character development whatsoever.

Please tell me I missed something /v/, I want to love this game.
>>
>>379506693
>which came out of fucking nowhere
>The beginning of the game is nowhere

>>No character development whatsoever.
?
Did you get ending C?
>>
>>379506693
character development is bland
boss fights aren't that hard
minimal diversity in weapons, even at V4

but there's something so damn satisfying in combo hack n slash, plus wifu butts

also fuck 9s entire play through. hacking was the most frustrating thing.
>>
>>379506693
t. retard who spews stupid shit unless he is spoonfed everything
>>
>>379506996
2B almost called him 'Nines' once about two thirds through endings A and B.
I got all the main endings, explain to me how Kaine 2's character was developed?

>>379507070
Yeah, fuck 9S, hacking was cool but it got boring after having to do it for every boss fight and powerful enemy.
>>
>>379507331
Did you at least find 2B's flying unit?
>>
>>379507118
I'm pretty sure that everything I said was valid.
>>
>>379507612
Well no I didn't, but I just watched that on YouTube and I still don't really think it counts for anything. They could have shown the two actually acting like they have affection towards another, rather than 2B just saying it was really nice. Show don't tell. Goddammit, I was so excited for this game...
>>
Could somebody explain 2B or 9S's character development to me?
>>
>>379508339
2B didnt have one, she was the same character the whole game

9S was just realizing the truth then breaking down, also that cheesy shit with 2B
>>
>>379507996

Automata is that game where even though the story is clearly flawed people will still jerk it off for being "atypical"

Enjoy it for what it is, but yea its pretty fucking lacking in some of the basics.
>>
>>379508897
The gameplay, aside from 9S's segments (half the game) and the music are absolutely stellar, but honestly the lack of a good story with a cast of fleshed out characters makes is far less memorable than the first Nier.
>>
>>379509173
Yep, that was pretty much my major disappointment with it. I don't know, I've bitched enough about this game, how Taro can do better, etc. But the guy made his sells and is already onto something new.

Hopefully if he ever returns to DoD/Nier the story will be a little more substantial ,but who knows.
>>
A2 got her own character development through the innocent machines, but it was rushed. Fuck SE
>>
>>379509343
At least we still have the first Nier,.
>>
>>379506693
I mean, the whole point is she couldn't break out of the cycle, and only did in death. Her character is supposed to be tragic.

I feel like a little more was needed for A2, though.It really didn't give enough information about her loss to make it stick.

I still don't see 2B's interest in 9S as romantic love, but brotherly love. Whereas 9S is romantic.
>>
>>379506693
That's my biggest problem with Automata. Nier had some of the best characters I've ever seen in an RPG which really carried it.

Nier is definitely more about the characters while Automata is more about the overall plot. It felt like Automata was trying to be some big finale to the Drakengard series but it just didn't deliver.

The characters are all plot devices with very little development. 2B is killed off halfway through just to move the story forward,
it doesn't provide much meaningful character development at all.

They had an opportunity to make 9S a great character but they wasted so much time on pascal and other side events that the main plot just didn't live up to the setup it had.
>>
>>379506693
>Her monologue at the beginning of the game foreshadows her breaking out of the cruel cycle.
>This didn't happen.
Because you misinterpreted it. She contemplates her fate of of being a "B" model, which is actually an "E" model.
>This is never really addressed or resolved
It is. See above.
>Her only character development involves her falling in love with 9S, which came out of fucking nowhere.
This doesn't happen in the game. See above.

I didn't read further than this, because you obviously didn't get shit that was even spelled out for you. But its safe to assume that your assessments of the other characters are just as stupid and misguided.
>>
>>379510523
>It felt like Automata was trying to be some big finale to the Drakengard series but it just didn't deliver

If it ended anything it was the Nier timeline, sure as hell not Drakengard.

But yea, it was really overwrought for what it was.
>>
>>379510523
Pascal was okay. But yeah, thanks for saying what I'm trying to say but being much more articulate about it. I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.

>>379510503
I wasn't really saying that the two of them would be lovers, that picture was just the best one that had both of them in it.
>>
>>379510503
>I still don't see 2B's interest in 9S as romantic love, but brotherly love. Whereas 9S is romantic.

Same, I guess "canonically" they're a couple but the writing didnt convince me at all that 2B saw him as anything more than a comrade. And they had already made a point of Androids feeling deeply for their fallen comrades be they in love with them or not.

So the whole type E thing felt really out of left field, that should have been incorporated into the story much better than it was.
>>
>>379506693
NieR had a better cast but Automata has better everything else, that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make
>>
>>379506693
Well actually OP, 2B was in love with 9S since way before the events of the game take place, in game she's trying to control her feelings so she can complete the mission. And she does break out of the cycle, she uses her life to save 9S in the end, and when she's repaired in ending E she's no longer in the cycle.

A2 also goes from a machine hating nihilistic misanthrope to everyone's big sister over the course of her story.
>>
>>379511067
Literally the first dialogue option you have in the game as 2B is to hit on 9S
>>
>>379506693
>This didn't happen.
Except it literally does, all thanks to her own sacrifice, 9S going nuclear and allowing N2 to evolve and 042 saving them both and allowing them to live in a world free from both N2 and YoRHa.
It was resolved when she sacrificed herself for 9S as he's her object of obsession and the only desire in life.
>which came out of fucking nowhere
Except it happened even prior to game events and she loves him during prologue mission already.
>>
File: 1da.jpg (11KB, 411x369px) Image search: [Google]
1da.jpg
11KB, 411x369px
>>379510847
>This doesn't happen in the game.

Basically the key to understanding Nier Automata in a nutshell.

Literally nothing happens in the game.
>>
>>379511401
>option
>>
>>379511482
But the game is about robots trying to create meaning for themselves and only really realize they already found it at the end of the game so its sort of on point.

Its an atypical love story.
>>
>>379511315
>A2 also goes from a machine hating nihilistic misanthrope to everyone's big sister over the course of her story.
In like 2 seconds flat.
>>
>>379511067
>So the whole type E thing felt really out of left field, that should have been incorporated into the story much better than it was.
What are you talking about? It was really obvious indirectly foreshadowed by an obscure side-quest once! You clearly misinterpreted it, because the writing in this game is perfect, baka!

>>379511223
I feel like characters are the glue which holds narrative together, so without a good cast, Automata really isn't that memorable.

>>379511315
>>379511458
Maybe she did break out of the cycle, but it wasn't as good as when Nier broke out of the (sort of cycle) he was trapped in. I sort of mean that I was excited for her actually doing something cool to escape the cycle, freeing everyone, but also dooming everyone at the same. Jesus Nier had a good plot.
>>
>>379511626
The fact that he asks a question and the options that come up in 2B's head are

>Yes
>No
>9S is cute! CUTE!

Is somewhat relevant to her character I think
>>
>>379511683
as>>379510018 said

rushed shit
>>
>>379510503
Sisters don't tell about their first meeting with her "brother" as a "love that would last for eternity".
>>
>>379511729
But a big thing about the original Nier is that he has all the power in the world and he unwittingly decides the fate of the human race while in Automata the heroes are, despite all their high performance super bodies, utterly powerless before the machinations of the networks and the idea of mankind, their God.

I'm not saying one is better, but they're both different themes and both capture those themes, I think, quite fantastically.
>>
>>379511842
Sure, but its far from substantial if you're trying to prove this character has this undying love for another. Its just basic flirting.
>>
>>379512105
The only time Automata really delivered its themes effectively was in Ending E's credit sequence. Otherwise it was pretty mishmash and unfocused IMO.
>>
>>379512105
They didn't really seem powerless against the machine enemies when I was playing it...
>>
>>379512113
There's a ton of hints like that thrown across the entire fucking game.
If you're still not convinced, 80% of side materials are about how much 2B loves her bashful smile, how much he changed her and how much she wants a future together with him.
If even that does not convince you, you're just a waifufaggot in denial.
>>
>>379512393
Not the individual machines, the machine network that decided those individual machines would put up a pathetic resistance as part of a thought experiment. In the words of Jackass, they were set up for a pointless war that was impossible to lose.
>>
>>379507619
You can be sure but wrong and show everyone that you're a retarded faggot
>>
>>379512393
That's another thing I noticed, the game didnt really have any sense of stakes.

It wants to sell you this idea of an endless and desperate war, but the number of times the machines actually felt like a real threat can be counted on one hand.

Hows that for ludonarrative dissonance.
>>
>>379507996
Show don't tell doesn't work on weeaboos

My eyes rolled back into my head when 2B had to explicitly state why 9S dying was sad in ending A and B, such garbage writing
>>
>>379512607
I dont care about the side materials, and if you read my post you'd know that I'm well aware of whats "canon" or not

I'm saying the writing itself dosent do a good job of conveying these things. It tries to play the indirect game but is just flaccid as hell.

I unironically think Taro was better off not having a dramatic narrative at all for Automata and just going full FromSoft with the more atmospheric storytelling. .Since it was clear he didnt give a damn to tell a more complete story this time around.
>>
>>379506693
>Is their lack of character development the most disappointing thing about the game?
You forget boring combat, boring world, boring enemies, shit quests.
>>
>>379511729
>but it wasn't as good as when Nier broke out of the (sort of cycle) he was trapped in
He "broke" out of it because of utter incompetence of Devola and Popola.
2B, 9S and their Pods struggle against the entire fucking setting for a chance to break free and succeed on a verge of death.
>>
>>379506693
>ywn be this dumb
>>
>>379512835
>I'm saying the writing itself dosent do a good job of conveying these things.
Every time people mention that it strikes me that they are really bad at looking for details.
Sure, it's not a game where you should expect a typical love story with sobby confessions. Because the whole point of the story is that they can't really be together as long as Bunker exists and N2 kills 2B right after it gets destroyed. But as far as hints about their feelings go, both of them clearly show affections that are incomparable to simple sisterly/brotherly ones let alone simple feelings between comrades because 2B doesn't give a shit about her entire squad but panicks like a little girl when 9S gets hurt.
>>
>>379513449
Why dont you stop straw-manning about "sobby confessions" and actually listen to whats being said.

I would have LOVED to experience more of 2Bs internal struggle between managing her mission and her feelings for 9S, but we didn't get that. She was just devolved into a player self insert and by the time she actually does feel like a character its time for her to die. Then we're stuck with 9S and his bullshit.

As it stands she's a glorified sidekick/mentor character and all her real feelings are buried in subtext, that's a really poor way to sell something that's supposed to be so integral to a main character.

Oh, but its "atypical", I guess that makes it good.
>>
>>379513389
>ywn be this delusional
>>
>>379513449
>both of them clearly show affections

But, why? Is it that 2B has lima syndrome? Her affection towards 9S is handwaved and only exists so the plot can
>>
>>379513689
>I would have LOVED to experience more of 2Bs internal struggle between managing her mission and her feelings for 9S, but we didn't get that.
We didn't get that because the story is multi-layered. You can only get full context of 2B's internal struggle on a second full playthrough which changes context of pretty much every her interactions with Nines when you know that she loves him so much she's willing to sacrifice herself for him at any moment.

Automata's story is all about implications and context. Taro specifically stated that he wanted to make player think for himself.
And the fact 2B is offed at that moment only adds to the impact of route C as you can feel 9S' grief from losing her before he could spend even a moment with her with no Bunker or their mission around.
>>
>>379506693
How comes the most attractive female character of this year is an android?
>>
>>379514297
>You can only get full context of 2B's internal struggle on a second full playthrough

And now we come to this, but guess what, the game dosent offer much as a GAME to even warrant a second playthrough.

You run through the exact same content, from route A all the way to the end, to get a few extra bits of characterization that should've been there in the first place. You might as well watch the shit on Youtube for all it offers you.

That's not making the player "think for themselves" thats just wasting people's time.
>>
>>379513689
You can't see her feelings develop because her feelings towards 9S is a contrivance on their own
>>
>>379506693
>This didn't happen.
Did you miss the part where the place that stores her memories exploded? Or the part where the only body she had left got infected by a virus? Her remaining memories were shoved into a sword that was later shoved through 9S. The cycle absolutely ended.

>Instead she is a generic stoic, 'ice queen' character.
Did you miss the ending of A and B? Did you miss all the side quests that had 2B talking about 9S in a far less 'stoic' manner? Did you miss the subtle hints that are dropped in the dialogue between the two? Did you miss her busted flight unit with the recording she made to 9S that completely demolished her 'ice queen' character?

See above. Also she had no character development, the stoic bitch personality was just a facade she put up.

>Her personality is Kaine's but slightly less rude.
Either Taro has trouble writing anything else or he specifically wanted A2 to reflect Kaine in personality to mess with Nier fans expectations, make up your own mind on that one.

>No character development whatsoever.
Her development isn't exactly amazing but it's there. There is no way you could've missed it.

Were you expecting the game to spoonfeed you every little fucking detail, like you're expecting posters here to do too?
>>
>>379514291
Even if you don't touch side materials that provide a definitive answer for the source of her feelings, 9S is a competent, cheery, easygoing guy who is always eager to protect her and make her feel better. There's a reason he has a nickname around the Bunker as he's both smart and /soc/ as fuck.
>>
I really liked A2 more than 2B and 9S

I can say A2 at least is a much better character than 2B. First ever nier automata reveal was a stage play and A2 was the MC, but it was really bad

Also I didn't like the romance story between 9S and 2B
>>
>>379514691
>Also I didn't like the romance story between 9S and 2B
its pretty much the definition of a forced paring.
>>
>>379506693
>Her monologue at the beginning of the game
If anything, her monologue at the beginning of the game mocks the player for failing prologue on very hard again and again.
>>
>>379514460
>the game dosent offer much as a GAME to even warrant a second playthrough
Taro doesn't make the game for everyone. If you can't stand his narrative, feel free to never touch his games again.
>>
>>379514614
>side materials
That exist solely because the game failed on a key narrative level on one of the most important points in the game

Her affections exist for him because she was written as an object for 9S, she isn't a character
>>
>>379514828
>Taro doesn't make the game for everyone.
lol bitch please, the game wouldnt have even sold if not for the ass on the cover.

And so it really comes down to a cheesy copout like that huh? Funny, since I really do his writing peaked at Drakengard and Nier 1.
>>
2B/9S romance is basically what happens when an otaku's waifu becomes real and the whole thing is taken seriously.
>>
>>379514941
>the game wouldnt have even sold if not for the ass on the cover
Well congratulations, you got baited by ass.
>writing peaked at Drakengard and Nier 1
[studies youtube lore analysis for 30 minutes]
>>
File: 1487094665796.jpg (86KB, 1067x885px) Image search: [Google]
1487094665796.jpg
86KB, 1067x885px
>>379506693
I thought development was good for 9S and A2.

But 2B's weakness is that a lot of the emotional core of her story is buried away beneath the story's final twist. It fits the theme and makes a lot of her previous actions retroactively make more sense, but the finer details of what she really went through are still left up to tragic implications.

So I liked what we got, but I do wish that we could have gotten prequel chapter after the big reveal that showed how 2B and 9S first met, before 2B had to really start burying her emotions.
>>
>>379515243
I actually played both games and loved them alot. Shame Automata never reached the same peaks as both of those games.

Oh well, its not as bad as Drakengard 3, but I'd say even Drakengard 3 handled it's cast a little bit better. Taro's just lost his touch, that's all.
>>
>>379514460
You've been hopping around trying to understand the story and when the game goes back to present said story from a different perspective to allude to things to come you complain about there not being a "game" (whatever the fuck that means)?

The content isn't the exact same. Playing from 9S's perspective is the first hint to the player that 9S actually knows more about what's going on then we got from 2B's perspective. To the point where he begins to have suspicions about what 2B really is. It's what sets up the narrative path that comes later when 9S begins to lose his mind and develops the love/hate dynamic for 2B.
>>
File: C_7z-khUAAAOXNK.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C_7z-khUAAAOXNK.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>379514691
I mean I was disappointed because it seemed like A2 was supposed to be the true MC of automata, instead they made her as a side character, more and less, rushed her character development. Taro and team really were limited on the resources
>>
>>379514864
>she was written as an object for 9S
Funny thing because she continues to influence both 9S and A2 even after her death.
She's way more influential for narrative than your waifufag mind can accept.
>>
>>379509173
I have to agree with this

Nier 1's story was fucking awesome and the side quests were way more memorable than Automatas. I also just enjoyed the party banter with Nier 1's crew (Weiss > Pods)

Hell the saddest moment to me from Automata so far was the secret boss fight
>>
>>379515467
You completely failed to understand my post so I recommend you read it again.
>>
>>379515491
That doesn't disprove anything I said at all, you're an idiot.
>>
>>379515312
>but I do wish that we could have gotten prequel chapter after the big reveal that showed how 2B and 9S first met, before 2B had to really start burying her emotions
read memory cage and thorn
she was burying her emotions even before meeting 9S, he's just the only one who managed to break down all her mental defences and force her to fall for him so hard she decided to rather die than to continue killing him
>>
>>379514567
I was expecting something on the same level as Nier. Also yes I didn't play most of the side quests because I was really excited about the main quest going somewhere. I didn't need to play side quests to get a good story in Nier 1.

>>379515485
It fucking hurts.
>>
>>379515485
>Taro and team really were limited on the resources

Personally, I think they had more than enough resources. Taro's script was just fucked up. The same story could be told in a much more effective way while making all the characters have more presence, but that didn't happen.

It's something like an MGSV situation where a bunch of effort is put into the wrong place.
>>
>>379515582
You're a goal post moving shitposter. Got it.
>>
>>379515643
There's nothing to disprove, you're just a retard who can't even pinpoint her role in story, let alone why she can't be called as a simple object for 9S.
>>
>>379515353
>Shame Automata never reached the same peaks as both of those games.
You can always see a youtube lore analysis reader from posts like this one.
>>
>>379515835
Nah, you just can't read. You trail on and on about story bullshit when I was talking about gameplay.

Games that encourage multiple playthroughs usually try to offer a little more than the same content and challenges. Automata does not do this, yet a second playthrough is supposed to be so integral to understanding the full story.

It's incredibly wasteful, and I daresay even arrogant.
>>
>>379516053
>and I daresay even arrogant
That's because Taro doesn't give a shit about you and does what he wants.
You got baited by ass, you spent money, he's happy regardless.
>>
>>379516164
>That's because Taro doesn't give a shit about you and does what he wants.

And thats why he had to rely on Platinum to get another game made. Lol @ you trying to paint me as some newfag when I'm damn sure I played the games before you even heard about them.
>>
>>379506693

The most disappointing thing about Automata is that it ends. I would have gone for 200 hours more.

I hope they make more DLC for it since Square did acknowledge that it sold way above expectations. The arena thing they made is just bad.
>>
>>379516325

Are you the kid from yesterday who got his ass blown out in public when it came apparent that he literally hadn't played the game at all and lied about owning it? You sound like him.
>>
>>379516325
If you can't cope with a concept of multiple playthroughs in Taro's game, you reek of a fucking newfag from a mile, otherwise you would've been gone from this community during the time of original Nier already.
>>
>>379516053
>Nah, you just can't read. You trail on and on about story bullshit when I was talking about gameplay.
Almost as if I was under the assumption this thread was about story. Fucking mental. You also seem to be incapable of reading. You want people to explain story and characterisation then when people do that you cop out to the gameplay so you can continue to have your little whinge about the game.

>Games that encourage multiple playthroughs usually try to offer a little more than the same content and challenges. Automata does not do this, yet a second playthrough is supposed to be so integral to understanding the full story.
WELCOME TO TARO GAMES FAGGOT This is like playing a Miyazaki game and complaining there's too much backstory in item descriptions.

>It's incredibly wasteful, and I daresay even arrogant.
I'm sure Taro himself will be heartbroken. Game was clearly too different. Change not allowed. Back to formulaic game design.
>>
>>379516378
I hope for a A2 DLC, it's time they give justice for her character
>>
>>379515672
>Memory Cage
That wasn't the first time 2B had been forced to kill him though was it?

I thought it was just another accepted kill order in a long stream of kill orders.
>>
File: 1474904777567.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474904777567.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>379516575
>>379516587
>>379516597

>hurrr you're not used to Taro's style
>I guarantee you newfaggots don't even realize the ONLY time Taro even did multiple routes well was in Drakengard 1, where each route offered substantially different content and endings

Every other game paled in comparison from that angle. Get the fuck outta my face.
>>
>>379516378
If they made DLC which expanded on 2B and A2's characters, that would be fucking brilliant, although it probably won't ever happen.
>>
>>379516873
>complains about multiple playthroughs in Automata
>defends it in older Taro titles

Correction: A goal post moving, false flagging Taro elitist shitposter.
>>
>>379517093
>one game does alt routes well
>another does not

I'm sorry this breaks your brain, but it's just the facts.
>>
>>379516872
>That wasn't the first time 2B had been forced to kill him though was it?
It was. Confirmed by Memory Thorn. It also shows that she started adoring him back then already and couldn't completely shake off those feelings no matter how hard she tried, especially after his first death from her hands.
>>
>>379517237
I'm clearly not as mature a gamer as you buddy.
>>
>>379516378
>Square did acknowledge that it sold way above expectations
I'm surprised they still haven't bothered to patch the steam version after it actually sold well.
>>
>>379516378
>I hope they make more DLC for it
Taro left his place at Platinum's office and probably balls deep into writing side content for sinoalice, if anything.
Literally no chance of happening, he's merely a freelancer. Concert script is called "Farewell" too.
>>
File: 1478120939909.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478120939909.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>379517323
>Memory Thorn
I see. Interesting bit of backstory. Though a bit odd that one version of 9S would opt for killing 2B and the next would opt for suicide.

And I wouldn't have minded seeing if 2B acted any differently during their real first meeting.
>>
>>379518663
He never tried to kill her. On their first meeting it was merely a self-defence and attempt to understand why she attacked him. Once he did, he accepted death without any fear. In Memory Thorn he could already see how much she suffered which only added to his adoration of her.

Basically their whole story is progressively falling for each other and becoming better through it, as 2B becomes less machine-like and understands that there's more things to life and 9S gains a real reason to live, moving past an edgy nihilism as long as she's with him.
>>
Why these people trying to shill their 9s and 2b love and firendship when there people that played the game weren't even into this shit
>>
>>379519547
I don't understand your autistic question. Why people are interested in relationships that are at the very core of Automata and have almost all side materials dedicated to them, you want to ask?
>>
>>379519863
>Why people are interested in relationships that are at the very core of Automata and have almost all side materials dedicated to them
More like people didn't even knew it was focused on a ''love story''. Only faggots or dramafags would love shit like that or people that recently got into this.

For me and other faggots think it was forced.
>>
>>379520365
So my point is, why don't we talk about the philosophical narrative aspect of the game instead of your ''pairing''. And besides there are more characters besides of them like pascal, devola and popola, etc.

A2 is my favo and im not interested in their ''love story''
>>
>>379521295
Not the other guy, but I forgot Devola and Popola were even in the game, which is odd because their story was the closest I came to crying during the entire thing.
>>
>>379521567
So I take it you read their novel in the game and despite that you manage to forget them? Do you even know they were in the previous game?

Or you actually saying you only care about 9S and 2B? Are you defect or something?

You really should put your couple goggles off
>>
File: 1495913588252.png (391KB, 608x550px) Image search: [Google]
1495913588252.png
391KB, 608x550px
>>379520365
If you can't understand that 2B/9S story goes alongside general themes of automata, you're the one who managed to grossly misunderstand the game.
There's a reason why Taro dedicated majority of side materials to this.
>>
>>379522317
No I played the first one and it's one of my favourite games. I don't really like 9S, and I would care more about 2B if she had better characterisation. (I'm OP)
>>
>>379522656
>If you can't understand that 2B/9S story goes alongside general themes of automata
What's there to understand if there is only a relationship to be had? All I see in /vg/ is how people lusting over their ''perfect love story'' which I seen/heard billions times. And this why I didn't get emotional while reading the side materials, also the same goes to philosophical parts.

It was definitely forced friend, doesn't matter how many times she decided to kill 9s just to develop those feelings on him. And the part of the story you only care about is only the one they actually took their time to write and develop. They definitely easily could make a A2 story as good as 2B's and 9S's but different.

Everyone has different opinions, tastes, and mindsets. The writing might be good, but not worth for who you are.
>>
>>379506693
> her monologue at the beginning
> this didnt
Are you retarded? This literally happened in Ending E with the players killing god to save them
>>
>>379524042
>And this why I didn't get emotional while reading the side materials, also the same goes to philosophical parts.
In other words, you don't like thing. How sad.
>>
I want to play this game so badly but the cracked version wont stop fucking crashing
>>
Is there any decent art of 9S getting futa fucked in the ass and mouth by 2B and A2?
>>
>>379525591
Buy it then, you faggot.
>>
>>379525207
Yes. At least you come to some agreement with me. Don't be this picky.

Taro and team could've come with a different story that I might've been interested then yeah you would see me talking about it none stop. Personally I really wanted a detailed A2 story with amazing outcomes.
>>
>>379525591
Get a job, hippie.
>>
>>379525732
>>379525823
I dont want to spend money on something i can get for free
>>
>>379525756
Write Taro a mail and beg him to make a DLC out of the Atlantis Assault.
>>
>>379525938
Go to church, hippie.
>>
>>379526123
M002/Atlantis is most likely about 9S with a little 2B at the end.
>>
File: 1496315059920.jpg (165KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
1496315059920.jpg
165KB, 1200x928px
>>379526123
You know what? I want that Atlantis DLC and A2's, how about that?
>>
File: 2352.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2352.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
>>379526123
I don't think that's really his call.
>>
>>379526329
Its proly mainly about Bromance during the coupe
>>
>>379526205
... yes.
>>
>>379526418
That sounds awesome but too expansive to ever happen.
>>
>>379526418
So you think I'm into bromance? I think you misread my posts.
>>
>>379506693
>character development
it's a fun game with an ok story in an interesting world, i wouldnt care if all of the characters were flat as fuck
>>
>>379526535
Gotta wait and see what happens during E3 and TGS. I feel like Atlantis is one of the most important events that happened during the game which would explain Cruel Oath, why Scanners got E-Units assigned and why 9S could so easily merge with the Machine Network during Automata.
>>
>>379526625
>doesnt want Band of Brothers: Scanner Version
>>
>>379526870
>>379527003
>why Scanners got E-Units assigned and why 9S could so easily
>doesnt want Band of Brothers: Scanner Version
If i was a girl, a faggot, or a open minded retard then i might've been interested. Don't you ever suggest me this Atlantis shit again.
>>
>>379526123
More 9Shit is the last thing I want.
>>
>>379527509
>actually thinks Bromance is homoshit
https://youtu.be/uYMboTIXym4

Link related is bromance
>>
>>379527606
Tough luck faggot. Wait for the next Drakengard/Nier game.
>>
>>379527509
Showing disdain of this magnitude towards male characters is a sign of an enormous shit eating waifufag.
>>
>>379527773
Doesn't matter, more shitty shotas or bromance garbage or anything that is a fujo fuel is in a shit list

More A2 is coming up

>>379527982
Nice delusions
>>
>>379528139
Like a fujoshit yourself?

Or you don't even know that I was a waifufag, it hasn't been cleared yet?
>>
>>379527773
Are you an actual cringy faggot? kek I thought you were a fujo for sec
>>
>>379528198
A2 DLC aint happening and I dont even want it to happen. I'd rather see some Country of the Night shit or YoRHa Betrayers questline bevause we already know everything about A2 due sidematerials and Stageplay. Its kinda like trying to watch an anime-adaption of a manga you already read, might sound exciting but you end up dropping it since you know every nook and cranny.
>>
>>379511729
They also have the beginning on the bunker where NPC's talk about 2B and 9S always being together despite the fact ( as far as the player knows) that they just met on the previous mission.
I agree its flawed though.
>>
>>379528783
I think her story was good. I don't know why you use so many buzzwords towards female only sidematerials, but you really have to hold onto yourself with this kind of manner.

First of they could make a refreshing A2 story with not revealing much materials for the DLC. Less shitty spoilers
>>
>>379529187
> buzzwords
Nigga what
>>
>>379529258
>Its kinda like trying to watch an anime-adaption of a manga you already read
Sorry didn't read it correctly.

But mate you, you are not thinking of other possibilities

And I really want more A2 isn't that simple?
>>
>>379528783
>Its kinda like trying to watch an anime-adaption of a manga you already read
The same shit goes to your homo parade animu garbage. Are you actually the close minded one?

I also read Atlantis doesn't mean I can say the same shit about A2's prequel.
>>
>>379511874
I think it's both rushed and stupid.
They could've just had A2 in the desert saved by Pascal or some of the friendly machines. There. One less pointless fetch quest in the game and her character development now doesn't give you whiplash.
>>
>>379506693
What Taro next game?
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.