[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did you enjoy the 3DS version? Did you patch it or just play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: dq8_wallpaper_1_1920x1080.jpg (897KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dq8_wallpaper_1_1920x1080.jpg
897KB, 1920x1080px
So did you enjoy the 3DS version? Did you patch it or just play the official English release? Did you finish it? Did you marry Jessica or Medea?
>>
wow, no one?
>>
>>379502554
Played this game to death on PS2 but I fucking hate handhelds.

still half tempted to bite the bullet just for jessica though
>>
>>379504684
It makes the transition pretty well all things considered
>>
File: 1494613673233m.jpg (94KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494613673233m.jpg
94KB, 683x1024px
>>379502554
Having a break now. Jessica is taking a break from my party. Looking forward to getting Red. I have a thing for warfans.
But dunno who to exchange.
>>
>>379502554
did 3ds piracy just to fix this game. orchestrated ost and uncensor the oufits
lost interest early on though because the game was not meant to have monster encounters be easily dodgeable, and the graphics on 3ds are a lot worse than ps2.
>>
>>379502554
Yes
Yes
Yes
Both
>>
>>379502554

I liked it. It's the only version of DQ VIII I've played. Played the Nip version. Went with Medea since it was the normal ending.
>>
>>379502554
>3ds abomination

Almost wish it made it to the vita
>>
I stopped playing before the fight against dhoulmagus (First fight).

I need to level up, i fucking hate farming.
>>
>>379502554
It's my first time playing and I'm on the english 3DS version. It's fun but for the two bosses I've gotten stuck on Dhoulmagus and Empreya guides tell me I need to be like, 3-4 levels higher than I really am. I beat both without grinding eventually but will I have a better time if I actually take the time to grind?
>>
>>379506536
Just farm metal slimes.
>>
>>379506536

Depends on if you're having fun now or not. If the difficulty is getting you down, grind a bit. It's extremely simple in this version since you can just rotate the camera away from an enemy and back until a metal monster appears. I remember three good grinding spots from the game.

1. The first was some crypt I can't remember the name of, but it was real early and the first dungeon Metal Slimes appeared in.
2. A certain room in Trode's castle. 2nd floor on the east side I think. The room has 2-3 enemies in it. Liquid Metal Slimes appear there.
3. Slime Hill
>>
File: 1494408502130.jpg (21KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494408502130.jpg
21KB, 471x480px
Sitting on Last boss currently. Lost first attempt. I Just need to go grab better armor. I have most of the best weapons for my characters.

One dislike i have about this game (and some other JRPGS) is how good the AI is for party members.

Select Fight, know your healer is going to use Multiheal but then boss does some devastating ability and kills one of your dudes. If it was human controlled the Multiheal would go off, but since its AI controlled it secretly changes to Kazing and resurrects your fallen member.

From a healing perspective the AI is too good. Offensively they are sometimes dumb; would assume Show No Mercy would have them using their strongest abilities, often times this is not the case.

JRPGs are great on handhelds, really allows for more consistent playtime as you can pickup and putdown when needed.

Overall I would say the additional 3DS features for DQ8 are good. While the encounters no longer being random is nice, it is easily exploitable given the limitations of the hardware. Metal Slime hunting is so easy:
>Go to area where they spawn
>Look at monster, if not Metal Slime rotate camera so they're off screen
>Rotate back, monster spawn triggers
>Repeat until Metal Slime appears
And while they do run away in the over world, they don't despawn like they did in DQ9.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.