[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>main character uses ancient weapons >while everyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: ww.webm (3MB, 640x260px) Image search: [Google]
ww.webm
3MB, 640x260px
>main character uses ancient weapons
>while everyone else has guns
Why do some games do this? Don't they know it's entirely unrealistic?
>>
>>379502162
why is wonder woman fighting nazis
>>
>>379504447
>nazis
>>
Yeah.

They should arm the magic amazonian warrior-goddess with an MG42 and combat fatigues.

Great idea
>>
>>379504604
She could've shot her way out of that seemingly strenuous event, for one.
>>
File: ILa_.png (1MB, 837x693px) Image search: [Google]
ILa_.png
1MB, 837x693px
>>379502162
Games don't have to be realistic. I mean they can be, but they don't have to.
>>
>>379502162
>small bullet proof shield covering her head and arm
Why don't they just shoot at her somewhere else?
>>
>>379505124
It's more of a power thing, keeping her in place as she slowly is worn down and laughing as she can't make any progress.
>>
>>379505124
>ha ha, dude just aim this unwieldy mounted machine gun down
>>
>>379504604
I'd pay to see that shit.
>>
>>379505349
Did the recoil and generally imperfect accuracy of early machine guns work in some way that prevented bullets ever straying below their mark?
>>
>>379505349
you realize mounted automatic firearms became popular BECAUSE of their accuracy despite such raw firepower, yes?
>>
>>379505554
>why didn't they shoot at her legs?
>they couldn't
>w-well why didn't he bullets go there anyway
way to move the goal posts, chum.
>>
>>379502162
>haha watch those dumb silly cisboys try to kill a strong woman when women use the SHIELDS OF PROGRESS they can't be killed by any mad salty bigoted cismen xd
>>
>>379505719
>guys had to come and bail her out
>>
File: die cis sgun.gif (2MB, 540x224px) Image search: [Google]
die cis sgun.gif
2MB, 540x224px
>>379505719
The movie was full of feminist symbology to be quite honest.
>wonder woman breaks a phallic instrument of war, fought by men, with her strong female posterior.
>>
>>379505685
>>379505349
>I have never shot a gun ever

A gun mounted on a pod or rested on bags is infinitely easier to accurately aim. You are massively retarded if you don't think they couldn't sweep that gun down 5 degrees.
>>
>>379505685
Different poster. Thought both are reasons why a shield shouldn't be able to reliably protect from machine guns.

But actions films, you go in prepared to suspend disbelief. I'm sure these conversations were common for Cap America too.
>>
>>379505946
Oh, please tell me how many mounted WWI era machine guns you've fired, faggot.
>>
>>379505124
You can CLEARLY SEE bullets sparking off of her greaves, which serve the explicit purpose of protecting shit that ain't covered by the shield.
>>
Why not just shoot at her legs instead of her shield?
>>
>>379505906
>do all the work
>some cis shits come up and take credit for it
This movie taught me so much about the feminist struggle desu
>>
>>379506058
Two.

A Vickers and a Maxim.
>>
>>379506225
>lying on the internet
you're not impressing anyone, kiddo
>>
>>379502162
>ancient weapons
Magic weapons.
>>
>>379505349
Yet they can drill her shield with near-perfect accuracy.
>>
>>379506275
Are you retarded?

Plenty of functional WW1 era guns exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbt1_gyAPYY
>>
>>379504447
They are most likely ottomans. Not all German soldiers are Nazis
>>
Itt virgins look for real life logic from capeshit
>>
as a soldier, you don't shoot at people's legs.
also, people underestimate bad visibility. you can't even see the dudes firing at her, they can probably barely see her, only a silhouette, especially once they start shooting.
also they're firing out of trenches. if you start shooting low, you can't really be sure if you're hitting the ground or are definitely going to be hitting the ground, but since it's a movie and they're firing tracers they probably wouldn't hit the ground.
>>
>>379504604
>goddess
>vulnerable to bullets
maybe they should
>>
>>379502162
Wrong side won am I right?
>>
>>379504604
That sounds really good. Superheroes are at their best when they're not being fucking superheroes. The most interesting superman was the set of episodes form the Justice League where he was stranded on a distant planet with a weak star and had to survive using no superpowers in a hostile environment by roughing it.

There's a reason a lot of people really like batman. Superheroes are fucking boring. The only interesting things are usually the stories that surround them. Wonder Woman with an MG42 and combat fatigues would be fucking great.
>>
File: galww.jpg (93KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
galww.jpg
93KB, 750x1334px
>in charge of designing wonder woman's movie costume
>have to chose between panties or skirt look
>chose both
>>
>>379506550
>Not all German soldiers are Nazis
More like none of the germans are nazis because the movie doesn't take place in WWII
>>
>>379506625
What's boring is trying to shoehorn fantasy elements into the real-world so normie plebs like you will fork out $20+ for movie tickets and fucking burnt popcorn.
>>
>>379505349
Retard, you've clearly never fired a gun, mounted or otherwise

Just stop talking
>>
>>379506734
I mentioned Ottomans you should have known I was talking about WWI. Think before you talk shit fag.
>>
>>379506625
>I want my super heroes to be regular jack offs
Please never write for super heroes.
>>
>>379502162
>video games
>realism
ok
>>
>>379506636
panties would be too silly for zac
>>
>>379506625
This. This is why the best Superheroes aren't actually super at all. Batman and Iron Man are actually just two badass normal dudes, which arguably makes them better than those with real powers.
>>
>>379506847
And yet you still bring up nazis like a dumbass, dumbass.
>>
>>379506275
>shit he's proving me wrong better just straight up baselessly call him a liar

Excellent strategy, anon
>>
File: Wonder-Woman-lifting-a-car.png (144KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-Woman-lifting-a-car.png
144KB, 750x490px
>>379506949
warner kicked snyder to the curb.
>movie about a female super hero
>directed by a woman
>is actually good, making shittons of nerd bux
Move over, boys.
>>
>>379506625

Batman is just as overpowered as any superhero depending on who writes him.
>>
>>379506636
Guys I'M FUCKING LOSING IT IT'S BEEN 4 FUCKINGS YEARS I DIDN'T BURY MY TONGUE IN A WOMAN'S PUSSY
I WANT HER TIGHS WRAPPED AROUND MY HEAD
I LITERALLY DREAMED ABOUT DOING A CUNNY LAST NIGHT
I'M LOSING IT I NEED TO FUCK
>>
>>379506965
Because super heroes rely on their powers. Heroes without super powers always have new things up their sleeve. Same for villains. What's flash going to do? Run slightly faster? On the other hand, Lex Luthor and Batman are characters that are always coming up with fresh new ideas.
>>
>>379506863
>he doesnt think regular jackoffs with superpowers are good/popular

Explain one punch man
>>
>>379507010
Tell me more about all those guns you've totally fired, gay boy.
>>
>>379506625
>superheroes
>good

I know that all of this is the core of the superhero fantasy - the desire to have gods swoop down and rescue us from ourselves, or those who seek to destroy us, and to wilfully discard their own lives to prop up our failing, decadent societies. The ultimate in self sacrifice. A higher power personified in service of the weak and the feeble, for order and justice. But there's a subtly fascistic element to this too, as these gods more often than not uphold the laws of the society they're beholden to and do so with or without the public's approval. When the public disapproves of their vigilantism this is generally portrayed as foolishness or outright ignorance because the hero knows what is truly best for them. And for some superhero fans this is a self-insert fantasy - because what guy wouldn't want to kick society's dregs to the curb with insurmountable authoritarian force. That said, there is an implicit understanding that these gods are not us, no matter how relatable they're made out to be. They're either born with powers beyond the capacity of man, receive these powers but still accept the responsibility of becoming a saviour, or their filthy fucking rich.

So how do you make an interesting story that comments on the nature of man when the main character isn't even human. Just an inserted "perfect" ideal? And you'll note how superhero movies never really comment on morality or ideology. Whether or not the hero is doing the right thing at all, whether or not he's actually the hero, is never the focus. It's not a story about men struggling to do the best they can in a world that isn't black and white. It's just "muh daddy issues" where the hero has to struggle against personal issues that have nothing to do with the actual problem so that he's strong enough to do the objectively right thing at the end.

THAT is why they're shit.
>>
File: kinomaster.jpg (135KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
kinomaster.jpg
135KB, 1200x675px
>>379507119
>writer: zac snyder
>producer: zac snyder
really get the noggin joggin...
>>
>>379507227
Ive fired 3 different mounted machine guns bitch boy, browning, M2, and. Xm806 .50 cal
>>
>>379507213
>saitama is a regular jack off
Except he's one punch man. the bike fag is a regular jack off.
>>
>>379507453
MG not M2*
>>
>>379504447
Because Wonder Woman was created in the same era Nazis were in?
>>
>>379507378
Yeah, and how many other names are attached to the film? After batman vs superman ate shit the suits went about diminishing snyder's roll greatly. They probably just let him sign his name on the script so he wouldn't throw a tantrum.
>>
File: 4Euo29A.gif (1MB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
4Euo29A.gif
1MB, 500x227px
You punch wonder woman through a wall and she gives you this look.

wat do?
>>
>>379507508
Take away Saitamas abilities, what do you get? A regular jackoff

Take away supermans abilities, hes still an alien

Take away tony stark and batmans abilities, they're still billionaires

Take away wonder womans abilities, shes still a mystical athenian

So yes, saitama is as regular a jackoff as the superhero characiture can get
>>
>>379507793

Get nervous and run away comically
>>
Why does she seem so weak? Thought she was supposed to be extremely strong and shit.
>>
>>379507926
I dunno man. It's like the move is an origin story and your question gets answered or something.
>>
File: c52qqdm.gif (2MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
c52qqdm.gif
2MB, 245x200px
Say it with me.

WONDER WOMAN IS CUTE
>>
>>379502162
glad I didn't see that, dodged a bullet.
>>
>>379508002
So was she weak and became stronger or did she already have the strength and didn't know how to use it?
>>
>>379508324
Go watch the movie, goy
>>
>>379502162
I don't understand why you would say that using that choice of webm.
Would a gun be more effective a shield in that situation?
It is like saying Superman should use guns instead of his hands.
Her sword is a magical weapon forged by a god, her body is more effective than weapons.
This was a decent enough argument but it used a terrible choice in example material.
>>
File: 1414605319596.jpg (584KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1414605319596.jpg
584KB, 3840x2160px
>>379508390
In 3 or so months when the bluray releases, friend.
>>
>>379507227
Little twink can't comprehend someone outside a film or war firing a gun lmao
>>
>>379508839
>using the word twink like that

Not even who you replied to but there's some projection going on there.

we know you fap to traps
>>
File: 1490234687233.png (553KB, 814x555px) Image search: [Google]
1490234687233.png
553KB, 814x555px
>wonder woman movie is popular
>warner naturally will want to capitalize on this
>floods the market with wonder woman everything
I'm ready.
>>
>>379502162

The shield is much smaller than her body, why does everybody shoot at the shield and not the parts of her body that are exposed?
>>
>>379509423
Probably because she's crouching behind it.

She's also bouncing off bullets because they don't do shit
>>
>>379504447
>nazis
You weren't funny back when BF1 came out, you're still not funny
stop it with that shit tier bait, do you like being a nigger or something
>>
>>379509093
Actually I'm a trap myself and enjoy shooting
>>
>>379504447
They're not nazis, the movie's setting was changed from WW2 to WW1 because they didn't want to be like the Captain America movie.
>>
>>379509423
Because not everyone is a sharpshooter and can shoot someone in the legs from a distance in the middle of a messy warzone, with smoke and dirt everywhere.
First lesson of shooting class is aiming for the larger part of the body mass, the torso.
Shooting hands, head and legs from a distance is hollywood shit. Nobody will aim there if they can aim at the torso instead.

They were just betting that they could tear the shield to pieces, how could they know it was literally the magical creation of a greek god?
>>
>>379510521
It also works better for the 'humans are bad but they still try' angle.
>>
File: 1311473977732.jpg (40KB, 233x288px) Image search: [Google]
1311473977732.jpg
40KB, 233x288px
>>379511203
Yeah, but they barely touched upon that outside of the dialogue between Diana and Ares during their fight. They didn't do it in a way that they wouldn't have been able to do with WW2.
I'd be all for it if they actually did it to a degree where it was significant, but it's pretty obvious they weren't thinking of it that way.
>>
>>379511690
Except if they did WWII it would've easily turned into 'we gotta stop da ebil nazis cause they killing da joos'.
>>
File: Heavy Breathing.gif (4MB, 375x346px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy Breathing.gif
4MB, 375x346px
>>379504604

>>379504604

>>379504604

Go on...

I dated a grill that was 6'1 in college.

She loved heels but her prior Beta manlet boyfriends were too self conscious to be seen with a grill who was 6'5 so she never wore them.

I demanded it and walked around campus with my arm around her waist while looking up at my Amazon waifu.

Shit was SO cash.
>>
>>379506965
I agree, paraphrasing from one of the movies (can't remember if it was the avengers or not) Stark said something along the lines of "there is the Hulk, a God, a supersoldier, and i am but a man in a tin can"
(don't remember the exact words because i didn't see it in english)
>>
>>379512068
As opposed to 'we gotta stop da ebil germans cause they poisoning the innocent ppl?' I can't imagine the narrative would be different at all, just some change in presentation to emphasis the Jews (as usual). The movie isn't really morally gray at all as it is now.

Regardless, the point is that they did nothing of significance with the change in setting.
>>
Do bullets even fucking hurt Wonderwoman in the first place? I'm not too keen on her power levels so I don't know but I remember her being pretty strong.
>>
>>379507193
go to /soc/, best of luck cunny friend
>>
>>379513163
They can, but how much they hurt varies. Different authors, etc.
>>
>>379513163
They don't cause wounds, but they are painful. I remember Superman mentioned that even he felt pain when he was hit by anti-tank and other large types of ammo.
It isn't enough to wound them, but it is probably isn't very pleasant either. Plus, even if it doesn't hurt them much, the impact should still be enough to stagger them or stop a running momentum.
>>
>>379512753
>As opposed to 'we gotta stop da ebil germans cause they poisoning the innocent ppl?'
Yes because many people consider nazis just evil motherfuckers whereas wwi had no "good guys". It's easier to say people are fighting each other cause of ares than nazis are baking jews cause of ares.
>>
>>379507280
(you)
>>
This movie was such a mess.
>Why did wonder woman know what slavery was, did they have slavery on her island?
>Why did she not understand how to act normal in society it's not like she was a brain dead tribal or something
>Why did no one throw a grenade when she walked through the no man's land
>Why did an entire fucking building collapse when she jumped into it
>Why was there slow motion every 5 seconds
>Why was she able to march into a German town apparently just miles away from where the Kaiser was going to be and take it over without any German reinforcements showing up
>Why were there so few guards guarding the castle where all the German higher-ups were
>Why did no one stop wonder woman from carrying a sword in down the back of her dress even though it's clearly visible
>Why was she so narrow minded and thought that killing one person would end the war
>how did doctor poison make a hydrogen gas that could destroy a gas mask
>Why were they able to walk on the airfield and murder General Jagermeister whatever his name was without anyone stopping what they were doing or even noticing them
>Why did american dude with the jaw steel feel the need to blow himself up why couldn't he have just crashed the plane into the ocean and escaped
>Why was the ending just "love prevails"
>if they killed Aires and that stops all war how do they explain world war 2
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.