[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inconvenient truth in gaming that everyone knows but no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 95

File: fuck her up.jpg (106KB, 925x1004px) Image search: [Google]
fuck her up.jpg
106KB, 925x1004px
Inconvenient truth in gaming that everyone knows but no one wants to talk about?
>>
Overwatch was made for 16 year old brazilian and americans that fap 3x a day(tare rejected at school)
>>
Battleborn has some good to great character design, hidden behind the shit tier horrible ones.
>>
>>379501286
video games are for children. and the fact that 20+ year olds can still "identify" with these fictional characters is even more pathetic
>>
>>379501286
https://exhentai.org/g/1072317/a044e9f18a/

Noones going to ask for but here it is anyway
>>
Nintendo has been shooting themselves in the foot since the Wii U, and they'll never get better because the teenagers that defend their actions will keep buying their games.
>>
You shouldn't waste money on a high-end PC unless you need it for things other than gaming.

Resource-heavy games are poorly optimized.
>>
File: wendy's.png (411KB, 620x875px) Image search: [Google]
wendy's.png
411KB, 620x875px
>>379501286
Multiplats are bad for games quality
>>
That the biggest thing hurting the industry are the consumers themselves.
>>
fallout has never been good, Including NV.
>>
The people who own video game companies don't play games. Focus groups and experiments in smaller IP's are used to test how best to implement micropayments in their more well known games.
>>
PC gaming is actually extremely expensive because of poor game optimization from developers
>>
Games are not becoming worse, it's the users that are more jaded.
>>
>>379502219
i would say they're getting worse, some games just run like absolute dogshit nowadays... most games have fucking terrible writing too.. like compared modern blizzard to blizzard from 1998
>>
Wendy's beef tastes like nothing. Never frozen garbage.

At least A&W still make good burgers AND good chicken
>>
The SJW movement had its roots in gamergate and everyone judged and shit hurled insults at us but look at where our society is at right now. Postmodernists are taking over our institutions and people are afraid to speak out against it.
>>
>>379502325
Maybe it's because of the poorfag computer that I used to have as a kid, but even stuff like Diablo 1 used to look like shit in my system, and the load times were upwards of 7 minutes sometimes.
I still enjoyed it like crazy
>>
The West cannot make good games because of its inherent retrograde mentality.
>>
>>379501286
Weeaboos are just as, if not more cancerous to the industry, as CoD kiddies.
>>
>>379501904
>not having daily conversations with your pals about the consequences of the hyper monetization of media/art in general
Hipsters are right in than a lack of popularity is usually correlated to a genuine experience.
>>
File: 1496821880240.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1496821880240.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
Old gaming is dying, physical is dying, the 60 dollar game is dying, everything triple A is slowly turning into a service. The time of diversified taste is gone, a few games eat up the masses and everyone is more and more just playing the same game. We no longer ask for something new, we want the same familiar shit constantly served to us; never going outside our comfort zone. The industry provides us with a bunch of skinner box dopamine bullshit and we gladly eat it up, because that's what we want.

You did this, I did this, we all did this.
>>
>>379502604
Millenials man
they believe themselves to be so fucking entitled to everything
they can't just enjoy a good game without whining about the resolution being slightly better, or load times being longer than 5 seconds
>>
Sony and Nintendo are both winners.
Microsoft is a true loser.
>>
>>379502769
But I am a millennial, upper edge of it but even at 31 still counts as millennial.
I consider more the fact that we were poor so I had to save money for months to get 1 game
>>
File: 1496161999148.jpg (38KB, 495x482px) Image search: [Google]
1496161999148.jpg
38KB, 495x482px
>>379502219
Objectively speaking, we are losing mechanics and technology from previous games
A good example would be FEAR
>>
You only play video games because you can't get a girlfriend.
>>
>>379502979
> we
>>
>>379501873
Dead wrong bud
>>
>>379501286
Video game addiction is a huge problem that needs to be addressed by more people but isn't, simply because this lack of self-control is profitable.
A little like fast food industries.
>>
No video game is actually "deep" and any level of play in any game can be distilled down to no more than 3 or so courses of action as a response to any situation. No video game has "deep": combat, story, roleplaying, etc. Then you realize the only challenge to a game may be how bullshit difficult it is, even if it's doable, to where you realize video games are not a truly skillful medium nor are they "deep" in any capacity.
>>
playtesters can and will absolutely ruin the concept of some games because of how fucking braindead stupid they are
>>
File: analog-stick.png (17KB, 400x300px)
analog-stick.png
17KB, 400x300px
Analog sticks fucking suck, they're better than touchscreens trying to be virtual buttons, and literally nothing else. Analog sticks and their terrible flopping motion is the bottom of the barrel for controls.
We're going to be stuck with these fucks on controllers until the end of time EXCLUSIVELY because the autistic cannot handle change well.
The same people who defend analog sticks in 2017 are the type of people who thought they were unnecessary and we only needed the dpad during the birth of 3D gaming in the fifth gen.

Trackpads beat it, trackballs beat it, gyro (were not talking wiimotes or ARMSshit here, think Gravity Rush, Splatoon, and BOTW) beats it, circlepads beat it (not that slippery thing on the 3DS, one with fucking grip on the top), whatever you call the KI:U control scheme beats it. And of course obviously Mouse stands at the top but you can put mouse on a controller. There's probably more I'm not thinking of and they all fucking blow analog stick out of the fucking water.
Fuck traditional controllers and the Jim Sterling lites that attack everything different that has a chance to seriously improve how terrible controllers are in their current state.
>>
Competitive FPS don't take as much skill as some consider them to. The mechanical precision required to fare in competitive CS and Quake is the eventual result of practicing few of mechanics, not mastering a wide array of skills.
>>
>>379503218
>fear
>mechanics
>technology

????????
>>
>>379502219
The literal only thing that has unanimously improved in gaming is polygon count.

Gameplay depth has objectively tanked since the 7th generation.
>>
>>379503487
We as in my family I meant, not we as a society
>>
>>379502720
Thank god old games still exist and there are hundreds I've yet to play, I barely touch my current gen shit unless something exceptional comes out that is a rare escape from this idea.
>>
>>379501286
We have hit the ceiling on TV/Monitor. The only place left for innovation is VR.
>>
>>379501286
Is it that OP keeps reposting this thread with the same image?
>>
>>379502219
My main thing is we don't see to have as many weird out there games like the ps2 GameCube era. Like katamari or destroy all humans.
>>
>>379503682
>analog sticks are pad
>but circle pads, the same exact idea but made with portability in mind and nothing else positive that Nintendo didn't even want to put on the Switch, are good
>fucking trackballs

You are just an actual idiot. Will something come along to replace analog sticks are an objective upgrade? Probably, but all that shit you say is better is fucking horrible.
>>
File: 1346355251072.gif (1MB, 276x232px) Image search: [Google]
1346355251072.gif
1MB, 276x232px
>>379501739
this
>>
>>379501459
I approve
>>
File: 1491847348613.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1491847348613.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>379501739

This man speaks the truth. If I can encode a 4k video without getting any stutter on my machine I should be able to play your shitty CPU-bound video game too.
>>
>>379501751
But I thought most of /v/ agreed with that
>>
>/v/ hates the wii u and switch because they are underpowered
>/v/ loves the ps2 even though it was underpowered at release
>/v/ hates the wii for bringing in a lot of casuals to vidya
>/v/ loves the ps2 even though it sold a lot of more than the wii
>/v/ hates microsoft for focusing on tv and sports with the xbox one and 360
>/v/ loves the ps2 even though sony was heavily advertising it as a dvd player in japan
>/v/ will try and defend this
>>
>>379505196
PS2 had games. WiiU and Switch don't.
>>
>>379505196
>ps2 underpowered at release
Nah

Everything else you said is true though.
>>
>>379504772
t. Jim "Cum on his face" Sterling

You're clinically retarded if you think Analog sticks are more accurate than fucking gyro and KI:U at the very least
>>
>>379505324
Weak as a DC but with a DVD player.

Gamecube and Xbox literally destroy it
>>
File: 1310715234494.jpg (18KB, 315x362px) Image search: [Google]
1310715234494.jpg
18KB, 315x362px
Games are escapism.

That's not an insult. That's how things are. Games will never get better again until people are honest with themselves and say that they want to escape reality.

There is so much resistance to calling games escapism, as if everything that isn't economically utilitarian is sinful and must be purged.
>>
>>379501385
He said inconvenient -truths- anon.

That's the popular meme opinion on /v/.

The inconvenient truth is that overwatch is a good game that's extremely polished and as a result is EXTREMELY successful. It's just that FPS games, especially competitive ones, don't usually cater to narrative focus and thus the fan base isn't used to and thus rejects all the character driven shit that "has nothing to do with the game"

They also resent the influx of new players that wouldn't play it if not for the narrative shit because these new players are seen as "casual" Interlopers in the eyes of an FPS veteran.
>>
File: Blood.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blood.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Framerates and resolution aren't that important.
>>
>>379505916
This. wish I could play GTAV with Windwaker graphics :(
>>
Overwatch is the best multiplayer FPS released in a decade.
>>
Most games aren't pure shit like /v/ drones on about. Almost all games have problems with them, but are often still enjoyable regardless. Not everything needs to be a masterpiece, and the trend of making ironic metacritic threads has destroyed most /v/ users outlook on videogames.
>>
>>379505196
>>/v/ loves the ps2 even though it was underpowered at release
it wasn't, you retard. Wii U and Switsch came out well after the competition, the PS2 was the first to come that gen
>>/v/ loves the ps2 even though it sold a lot of more than the wii
difference is stuff like wii fit wasn't marketed as a selling point for the ps2 (in fact, my parents bought wii fit it's pretty ok honestly)
>>/v/ hates microsoft for focusing on tv and sports with the xbox one and 360
>>/v/ loves the ps2 even though sony was heavily advertising it as a dvd player in japan
I don't remember any E3 conference where they talked 30 minutes about the dvdplayer for the ps2. And it was a different time, having a dvdplayer was a HUGE pro because the technology was in its infancy and everyone wanted it.

8/8 made me reply
>>
>>379501286

How every game/genre is converging to a singular, "proven" formula for success choking original ideas and concepts out of the medium and all games are just becoming derivatives of other games.

See: Earthbound inspired indie shit, TLoU/TWD-esque parent child feeloffs, MOBAs in general, comeback mechanics in fighting games, etc.
>>
>>379501286
Videogames are for virgin degenerates. Just go fuck a girl and pay for the alimony already lmfao retard.
>>
File: 1285362529929.jpg (44KB, 473x361px) Image search: [Google]
1285362529929.jpg
44KB, 473x361px
>>379506000
>>379506000
>>379506000
>>379506000
>>379506000
>>
>>379505709
This, but they range from full blown addiction (such as gambling, drugs, alcohol) to light escapism (TV and movies). They aren't a productive hobby (you don't make anything, like watching TV, travelling or reading books). You might say you're making experiences or video game skills, but at the end of the day you just used a .exe to modify a savefile.

Having a productive hobby to go alongside games is great tho, such as motorcycles, guns, cars, wood/metalworking, diy and so on.
>>
>>379506249
>alimony
too close to home, man not cool.
>>
>>379505873
t. shill
>>
File: 1432630256829.jpg (36KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
1432630256829.jpg
36KB, 304x366px
>>379505709
what's the fucking deal with that? everything is escapism if you do it for fun and with no profit. books, music and movies included
>>
>>379505709
having fun isn't escapism, anon.
>>
>>379506007
Getting away from this place for a few months and realizing that it's okay for games to be just okay helped me fall in love with this hobby again.
>>
File: 1412890015775.jpg (49KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1412890015775.jpg
49KB, 500x356px
Nintendo's virtual console is a fucking bullshit ripoff.

>On Wii everything was obtuse points that got really stupid and forced you to buy more than you needed (Microsoft is also guilty of this but at least stopped)
>Games come out in a slow drip feed, for every good release like Mega Man or Mario there's weeks of garbage
>If your Wii got fucked, too bad either buy them all over again or sit on the phone arguing with a Nintendo rep who wanted you to name off every single game you owned
>Wii U comes out, transfer your shit
>Not everything can come over
>If you wanna use your shiny new tablet you have to pay money to access games you already own on the Wii U side of the OS
>Once again if you Wii U gets fucked you still have to sit and argue with a Nintendo rep or just buy them all over
>Games that come out on 3DS ALSO need to be bought, you can't just download it for free
>Once again have to be drip fed all over
>Switch comes out
>Time will tell if we have to buy our shit again (protip, we probably will)
>NES Netflix shit coming with the account system, no idea if you can play them offline in portable mode like they keep pushing with the Switch
>Meanwhile on Sony all the PS1 games I've bought I can play across my PSP, Vita, Vita TV
>When my PS3 died and I had to get a new one I got to download all my shit with no hiccups
>Hurrr but you can't play your shit on PS4!!!
>Implying that fucking matters when I have like four Vita TVs I got on super clearance for like $10 a pop in each room of my house

I love Nintendo and Sony, Microsoft can eat a dick.

But you are LYING to yourself if you think Nintendo isn't nickel and diming you every single fucking step of the way.
>>
>>379501286
Competitive matchmaking is a fucking bust.
Does anyone know of a game where the community was overall satisfied with its matchmaking algorithm?
Manually organizing a scrim between teams and setting up a dedicated server, possibly with plugins to keep track of stuff, takes longer and requires more dedication but is so much more effective at making good, matched games.

Casual matchmaking systems that try to match up similar skill levels are also all complete failures.
>>
>>379506592
If you're having fun you're not facing and solving your life's problems.
>>
>>379506007
There are far too many great games in the world to waste your time on a mediocre game for any longer than is necessary to identify it.

Knowingly taking part in a mediocre game is bad tastes, plain and simple
>>
Despite the toddposting, skyrim is a good game.
It does have many flaws and bugs, but that doesnt completely ruin the work that was put into it.
>>
>>379502325
Are you serious? This is pure nostalgia. Warcraft 3 is the most basic shit ever. Their writing was never any good.
>>
>>379506845
Not everyone is a depressed sack of shit that has problems that need solving at all times m8
Stop projecting your shit life into everyone else.

The vast majority of people play games to entertain themselves. You think the average guy that buys a ps4 for sports vidya is playing that shit for escapism?
>>
Fighting games are 100% not meant to be played online.
>>
>>379505873
>good game
>shit tier gameplay
heh
>>
>>379506867
I'd be interested to hear what games you consider great.
>>
>>379507056
and somehow it got worse.
>>
MMOS are dead because of unrealistic player expectations and investor troubles.
>>
File: edge.jpg (232KB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
232KB, 1024x1200px
EVERYTHING that was considered cancerous in 7th gen started in 6th gen. but because most of /v/ grew up with 6th gen consoles they dont want to admit to it.
>>
File: IMG_20170527_001408.jpg (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_001408.jpg
33KB, 800x800px
Sony doesn't care about gaming and only use the playstation as a platform to keep their hardware manufacturing pride afloat.
>>
>>379507192
It really didn't, it started off average and it stayed average. It's been shallow garbage with shallow one dimensional characters since day 1. The allure has always been the fantasy setting. There is 0 difference between arthas getting frosourne and going nuts in one scene than guldan resetting time or whatever the fuck he's done since wod.
>>
File: smug.jpg (129KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
129KB, 1275x715px
Traps are gay.
>>
>>379506932
Eh, I personally found the combat underwhelming and the story a bit slow.
>>
>>379501739
The investment in the pc pays itself back through all the free games you get for it, which is why it's worth it for most pc-gamers
>>
>>379507401
Isn't the gaming division the only one raking millions second to the financial division?

That statement would be more true with MS.
>>
>>379507402
>and it stayed average
bullshit.

>There is 0 difference between arthas getting frosourne and going nuts in one scene than guldan resetting time

even the example you give already shows how things got worse, I don't get why you're trying to be contrarian here.
>>
>>379501286
waifufags and SJWs are taking over the industry and making it shittier
>>
File: 1465191949996.jpg (48KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
1465191949996.jpg
48KB, 770x770px
>>379507424
liking dicks is NOT gay
woman are phallic objects
>>
>>379507351
if you mean easy access to online multiplayer and the technical invention of dlc sure
but dancing and singing games never really took off among normies no matter how much the gaming companies wanted them to, instead regular games started catering to non-gamers
>>
Stagnant water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes, stagnant industry is a breeding ground for early access trash and dlc riddled AAA games
>>
>>379507571
I'm not. At all. I love wc3 and all the vanilla lore and don't even like wow anymore. But let's not act like Warcraft 3 wasn't always dragon ball z level of simple. Bad guy starts off friendly, gets corrupted by something, starts going nuts, has to be stopped, rinse and repeat. There's depth in the lore sure, but if we're talking about just straight up main canon, it was never anything special. You have nostalgia glasses on big time
>>
File: IMG_20170511_002726.jpg (34KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170511_002726.jpg
34KB, 800x800px
>>379507546
They don't care about gaming at all. They are literally only using the Playstation as a platform to keep afloat and milk it for thier other divisions. They do not reinvest money made on PlayStation into playstation. It usually goes to hardware development or box office flop movies.
>>
I feel like people on here, and just people in general, not all, don't have their own opinions, and are just parroting what everyone else is saying so they fit in.
>>
Gaming can be more addictive than any narcotic. We've known this forever when it comes to 'real gambling', it's just snuck up on us in videogames as they've devolved into slot machines. Overwatch and CS:GO are literally gambling software, full stop. There is no getting around it.

Consoles are inherently anticompetitive in nature and create value for no one but their creators. Also the big two+one are always operating in trust together to lock out others. You really think it's natural that dominance oscillates wildly each generation? It's the same shit as Coke and Pepsi or McDonalds and Burger King. It's an industry being sewn up.
>>
>>379506395
>>379507125
>Salty fps players raging against something new

As I said....
>>
>>379507817
you realize even dragon ball z levels of simple can get worse, right?
My point is that they got worse, not that the original was amazing.
>>
File: 1495401081598.jpg (6KB, 202x159px) Image search: [Google]
1495401081598.jpg
6KB, 202x159px
>>379501532
>M and AO rated games are for children
>>
>>379507846
That is definitely a problem. I was disgusted last year when House mentioned he wanted to merge the profitable gaming division with the schumer infested movie division sinkhole.

You have a genuine point anon, although I see it as a potential risk for the near future and not an already prevalent problem. Lets see what E3 has in store.
>>
Dedicated servers and community-created content are becoming a thing of the past AND I HATE IT.
I'm honestly shocked how much of nu-/v/ doesn't know about the importance of those two things.
>>
>>379502006
Are you serious?
I spent like ~300 McBucks on my rig, and can play Fallout 4 on high.
People who claim PC is more expensive can't into market research.
>>
>>379501286
Hyping people into preordering trash works.
>>
>>379507741
>dancing and singing games never really took off among normies
t.basement dweller
normies love that shit. but it's for the occasional famuly reunion day or some party games. they dont play it everyday. that's what a smartphone is for.
>>
File: IMG_ockqad.png (215KB, 600x393px)
IMG_ockqad.png
215KB, 600x393px
>>379508180
It's been a problem for years in case you haven't noticed. There is a reason they introduced a kikestarter on stage instead of just funding it.

Also here's another Truth.
Kojima is a good idea man, but he sucks at making games without a copilot keeping his crazy shit in check. MGS5 was shit because of him, not Konami
>>
>>379505873
It is extremely polished, but it's also stripped of many standard features people expect in FPS games (fall damage, ammo) in favor of attracting the MOBA audience with cooldowns and ultimates, along with fucking dozens of ways to stun, slow, or make other players easier targets.
>>
>>379507963
>Gaming can be more addictive than any narcotic.
Then why don't nerds steal or mug like crackhead nigs do?
Because that's what serious addiction looks like.
>>
Am I the only one who feels like a crash in the industry is approaching? Maybe not a crash, but a drastic change in it. MS is basically giving up on consolles. The Scorpio will be their last attempt at salvage the corpse of the Bone but they'll probably be surprised when it's going to flop. Sony is doing fairly well but like some other anon said they leech it to compensate for that shit-shooting / money-bleeding machine gun which is the movie department. We'll see in a couple of years if the Switch will be successful, but even then, I think it won't break any record and will probably do just enough good for them to invest on another consolle after that.
>>
>>379508031
Not saying you're wrong, but I guess we're just arguing opinions at this point when it comes to quality. I replayed wc3 yesterday and it's great still, but the dialogue and story felt so corny compared to what my mind remembered.
>>
File: This is the real life.png (186KB, 408x616px) Image search: [Google]
This is the real life.png
186KB, 408x616px
Mobile games, despite having little content and barebones gameplay, still have a spot here in /v/. FE Heroes threads are still going strong despite it being months after release.
>>
File: 1466424071165.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1466424071165.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
>>379501739
This.

Made up statistic here, but I think that 80% of people that spend thousands to make a "high end rig" only end up playing mid-low range shit like Overwatch and mostly browsing the internet anyway.

The only reason to buy an expensive PC would be if you're into graphix and you wanna render video/resource heavy stuff.

t. have a gtx 750 which is considered "crap tier" and I still havent found a game that is unplayable.
>>
>>379508537
yeah, you are the ONLY person to make this prediction
>>
>>379508080
M and AO rates games are for edgy teens who jump into shockvalue to pretend they are adults.
>>
>>379507963
>Gaming can be more addictive than any narcotic.
You have to be a legit retard to actually think that.
Not in the meme way, you are worst than facebook-notaskedfor-opinion posters.
>>
>>379508690
teens are not children so you proved yourself wrong anyway
>>
>>379501739
Agreed.
Although I did upgrade from a 770 to a 1070 last year because some games were running kinda shit
>>
The future of creativity and progress of the medium lies in indie games and crowdfunded projects. AAA has become blockbuster movies/fast food and there's no real hope for innovation, only further regression. "Indie" is still a dirty word to some people and it's a shame.
>>
File: C5qld0SU8AE8l7F.jpg (116KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
C5qld0SU8AE8l7F.jpg
116KB, 650x650px
>>379501286
video games do encourage violent thoughts and antisocial behaviour. everyone here knows it but nobody, especially not the industry devs themselves, want the norms to know we know
>>
File: 07420f1515dad08b7309cb3d2ced8e70.jpg (167KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
07420f1515dad08b7309cb3d2ced8e70.jpg
167KB, 700x1000px
>>379507959
I agree. I think it's because this place and other places of popular discussion have a very high rate of posting, so it's much easier to spam memes for attention rather than think carefully about what you personally believe.
If so, this also explains why slower boards and threads are often "comfier" and have higher quality discussion with less shitposting (or at least, more creative shitposting).
>>
File: 1468104855388.jpg (14KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1468104855388.jpg
14KB, 294x273px
All consoles, including pc, are exactly the same except for one or two marginal differences and a couple of exclusives.
The only reason console wars still exist are because people irrationally defend the console they own and want to pretend they made the right choice through mindless tribalism.
>>
>>379508537
Good. Time has shown the correlation that more people playing vidya->shittier vidya.
>>
>>379508615
Well, to be honest I've been having this impression for a couple of years now. Dunno man, I just feel like something big is going to happen within the next five to ten years. Just wanted to say it.
>>
Gamers are the reason gaming companies are using slimy design and monetization. They willingly pay for it.
>>
>>379501751
this expands my dong *lenny*
>>
File: LKS.jpg (496KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LKS.jpg
496KB, 1920x1080px
Players are becoming harder to please
>>
>>379508214
I'm not exactly new, but I stuck to singleplayer games during that era. No fond memories of fun with friends' servers...
>>
File: you.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>379508887
>>
>>379508537
I think the big 3 console companies are definitely gonna suffer. Blizzard and valve seem to be doing completely fine. Indie devs aren't affected by this at all. The problem is AAA devs are trying so hard to capitalize on the graphic trend and turn games into movies that they're bankrupting themselves to push these games out so quickly at the behest of these publishers and investors.

Game doesn't recoup it's 60 million dollar marketing cost and the 20 it took to cost the game? You're dev team gets reassigned to mobile games. Game industry seems like a fucking shark tank and I genuinely feel bad for the devs that went into that industry just wanting to make fun games for people
>>
>>379508485
>Because that's what serious addiction looks like.
no, it isn't. addiction is not defined by eventually turning to violent crime to feed your addiction. most addicts are 'functional', and feed their addiction through completely legal means. the harm in addiction is not that it will eventually lead to a nigger mugging you, it's that it reduces people to something borderline-subhuman (generally incapable of generating new value).
>>
File: denise-huxtable-lisa-bonet-1.jpg (42KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
denise-huxtable-lisa-bonet-1.jpg
42KB, 500x385px
>>379501286
Microsoft single-handedly fucked the gaming industry by introducing purely for-profit tactics as opposed to hiring actual creative teams to develop enduring in-house console-exclusive franchises that could compete with others.

>Throwing money around to purchase timed Exclusivity deals.
>Throwing money around to score multiplats for companies that could only logically afford to focus on one, which compromised development integrity and content, thus creating the disaster known as "console parity".
>Rushed the 360 to launch just to be ahead of the competition by a year, which irresponsibly lead to the piracy boom as 360 used outdated dvd tech-which cost third-party developers billions when standardizing Blu-ray was more secure, making the move to multiconsole releases less profitible than retaining some console exclusive franchises.
>Enforcing a code of charging devs extra for exceeding a disk for game content, further catapulting losses for devs who needed more than 1 disk to have a full game and outright causing FF13 and the developments around it and 13 versus to be butchered to hell narratively and on a fundamental game design level due to "singular world map cohesion" being impossible in multi-disc form on the level SE originally intended it to, shaving 13 to a sort of "corridor of story path" After SE had already broken ground with 12 and open-world games had begun become "the norm".
>Perpetrating draconian and pointlessly restrictive limits on what data and graphical limits can be in a game in the downloadable form, further increasing parity and resulting in the overbloat of DLC and day-one practices as Developers now have to take into account certain limitations and under-mark their production and complete it post-launch as dlc/patch.
>overblown budget on advertising Halo franchise, causing the FPS genre to be spotlighted, resulting in mass dev focus to be far less creative and attempting to emulate the contemporary genre's aesthetic and marketing.
>>
>>379508214
Just look at tf2 , the game started almost entirely community driven and now it feels like valve is desperately trying to kill community involvment (MvM, spray killing).
I fucking hate it, this makes games impossible to future proof.

>>379509125
Fuck off tripfag
>>
File: 516321635123.jpg (58KB, 361x303px) Image search: [Google]
516321635123.jpg
58KB, 361x303px
The Switch is successful because it's captured the same magic that Nintendo did when they released the Gameboy. Console like games you can play anywhere. It will probably end up just as successful despite all the shitposting from ACfag
>>
>>379508717
His post is melodramatic as fuck, but he's not wrong in theory. Are you seriously doubting that people can't get insanely addicted to anything?

You think there aren't people that hate csgo, league, dota2, overwatch etc etc that keep playing it for more loot crates, or to get the endorphin rush from getting a new rank? Regardless of whether they're having fun or not? Cmon.
>>
>>379501739
This. I still don't understand why people buy rigs that cost more than a thousand dollars when for $800 you can play just about every modern game on max settings.
>>
>>379509471
>>379501739
Some people like future proofing so they don't have to worry about it for a long ass time. There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>379502720
>never touched halo, COD or battlefield
no. i really didn't
>>
>>379509383

that doujin tho, what was its name again?
>>
>>379509438
I didn't deny videogames can cause addiction, but he said they're more addictive than drugs which is factually wrong and retarded. You have to have serious problems in the first place if you get addicted to videogames, or have some contextual problems anyway (like bad parenting). You don't have to have any of those to start smoking.
>>
collecting video games is pointless because eventually all that shit and your consoles is gonna stop working.
>>
>>379509125
You forgot that they introduced paid online and bought out all the games media outlets to bury the PS3 at launch. I ain't defending the price tag but those launch PS3s are a collectible today.
Scorpio will launch soon and it will be the most expensive system out of the available options. Ironic.
>>
>>379509761
by that logic collecting anything is pointless considering this flying rock we live on will eventually get eaten by the sun
>>
File: rachet and clack.jpg (78KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rachet and clack.jpg
78KB, 500x281px
>>379501286
If you want a healthy fanbase you must never have some sort of animal character. Furries, and the anti-furries, are so bad they bring in shittons of drama and embarrassment. Productive discussions will rearely happen if they happen at all
>>
File: 824.jpg (35KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
824.jpg
35KB, 600x645px
The Wii did more to harm Nintendo than help it, and people are too blinded by nostalgia and hero worship to see it.

The Wii U and Switch only made it worse, there is no redeeming the Switch it's going to end up like the Wii U.
>>
>>379508485
We have people who neglect education or work to play games. We have people who literally died because they played so much they ignored sleeping, eating and drinking.
>>
File: 1493754075952 (1).gif (756KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493754075952 (1).gif
756KB, 500x375px
A game with great gameplay and a shitty story is still a great game.

A game with great story and mediocre gameplay is probably bad, mediocre at best. No amount of presentation or pseudo-philosophy can save a game from being boring as shit during the actual play part.

An easy game is also a bad game, doubly so if it has no difficulty options or the options only fuck with damage numbers.

So, in short, The Witcher 3 and Nier Automata are mediocre games vastly overrated by young people who don't know any better or people who think story is a feature.
>>
>>379509678
Groove Tube
>>
>>379501286
Cyberpunk worlds > fantasy worlds
>>
>>379509884
lol stay mad
>>
>>379509098
>Committing crime and fucking murdering people to fuel your addiction is not "serious"
Addiction IS defined by how much it interferes with normal functioning, and threatening to kill or selling your body for a short high is wayyyy more extreme than being a neet.
Crack cocaine, meth and alcohol lead to violent, desperate methods of maintaining the addiction far more reliably than fucking video games. You can't talk your way around this. Video games are not more addictive than narcotics.

Not even getting into opium and morphine.
>>
>>379509125
Karma has caught up with them now though. But this stuf was going to happen sooner or later anyway. If not ms someone else. It's how these corporations work.
>>379509763
Didn't mmos technically start paid online?
>>
>>379505916
>he says, giving an example of a game that he enjoys BECAUSE it can easily run at 144fps and 4k

framerate always matters. best guesses for imperceptible framerate is something over 300fps.

resolution is starting to hit imperceptible levels already, for common flat displays (50" and less from less than 10' away), but VR HMDs will eat up a ton more, so much (Valve+Zenimax figured it may be over 30k per-eye) that we'll almost surely see radically different new tech instead (eg. Avagants DLP, fiber-optic collation, etc.)
>>
>>379501286
gaming peripherals aren't that good for the most part, and definitely not worth the money for the overwhelming majority of them
female comp teams are created only for publicity and company/sponsor brownie points, they aren't even expected to win anything
>>
File: 23400990000.jpg (47KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
23400990000.jpg
47KB, 700x600px
>>379507424
I accepted this long ago
>>
>>379509471
Not just future proofing but going above 1080.
>>
>>379508773
While some indie devs try to experiment, 90% of these games are copies of a popular idea. There's a reason why indie is associated with 2d pixelated platformer.
>>
>>379510091
It's that other 10% that matters though
>>
>>379508916
This is actually really true, overall polish of games has skyrocketed and consumers typically demand a lot more of games now a days. At least half of the games released during the 6th gen would flop if they released today with a fresh coat of paint.

That slight clunkyness of the PS2 just ain't tolerated anymore.
>>
>>379501459
>>
>>379504307
Almost every prop in the game reacts to the player or bullets, the AI was "smart", dynamic lighting, bullet-time that actually felt good to use, jump-kicks, impressive graphics for the time, great levels designed around firefights
Not that anon, but F.E.A.R. was incredibly ahead of its time. It's one of the only games I claim to be cinematic without the use of cutscenes
>>
File: game-header.jpg (231KB, 1940x774px) Image search: [Google]
game-header.jpg
231KB, 1940x774px
Heroes of the Storm is an incredibly well developed arcade style MOBA that I believe most people would enjoy but isn't given a chance due to unwarranted Blizz hate and current MOBA players unwilling to jump ship from their current MOBA.
>>
>>379501628
>1k images
huh
>>
>>379508916
What game is that from?
>>
>>379509947
>We have people who neglect education or work
>We have people who literally died
Sounds like your average severe alcohol abuser. And it happens far, far more often to alcoholics than it does to gaming addicts.
Nobody's denying that gaming can be an addiction. But it's not in the same ballpark as fucking drugs in terms of pathology.
>>
File: is this serious.png (465KB, 1033x733px) Image search: [Google]
is this serious.png
465KB, 1033x733px
>>379508916
>>379510213
are you fucking serious? many AAA games these day run like dogshit at launch, D1 patches are a common thing, and many high tier productions are carbon copies of each others. just think of how many games have tps mechanics with over the shoulder camera to aim
if anything it's the exact contrary
>>
>>379508916
>players are becoming harder to please

>a game about stackng blocks of dirt on top of another blocks of dirt sold gorrilion copies
>a game about sitting in place and closing doors was popular as fuck some time ago
>people will eat up any AAA garbage as long as it's not nuSimCity level of blunder
try again
>>
skill levels in most competitive video games depends not on how much you play, but on how intelligent you are. When you play competitive you're basically taking a really long IQ test
>>
>>379510435
The best parts of hots are the map objectives and the characters. There's a ton of things this game does wrong too. It does get lots of hate, but a lot of it is warranted as well. It's the moba for people that don't want to put effort into mobas
>>
>>379509125
i mean she was probably date raped right
>>
>>379501286
Kojima has had a net negative effect on the gaming industry due his popularity proliferating cinematic games.
>>
>>379510201
What indie games were truly innovative?
I would say off the top of my head that maybe only Minecraft was something unusual, and even then it's essentially virtual Lego.
And then it spawned never ending stream of early access survival shit games.

There are good games, but they are not anything new. Stardew Valley is basically Harvest Moon clone. FTL or Risk of Rain have not invented rogue-likes. Super Meat Boy is just a 2d platformer with extra stuff added for difficulty.
>>
>>379501739
7800 series here. The only recent game to give me trouble is d44m and that's partially on my end.
>>
File: 1452735205044.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1452735205044.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>379509125
>longtime devs with A+ stellar and trusted reputations who flocked to 360 due to early launch had recoup costs with scummy nickel-and-dime practices as well as microtransactions and massively began cutting down on what franchises would be given attention. Capcom was especially crippled by massive losses due to this fact.
>Newer developers contradicted themselves and outed themselves as incompetent by complaining about the PS3 being more difficult to use when in truth, they never adapted to any real new technology whatsoever as the 260 was NEVER new, advanced or groundbreaking techh at the time. New, inexperienced devs (individual persons with no pre-existing industry clout before last gen) simply presumed it was easier to work with, when in truth, older devs were always used to having to adapt and work with newer technology and more advanced/complex hardware. Microsoft literally benefitted from this legitimate rookie-born incompetence by word of mouth-in doing so, actively damaged potential future dev interest in wanting to work with more technologically challenging and secure hardware.
>Routinely drags devs down the mud of the "Daniel Craig Cycle" Where a dev team or company/group is good at trying to create whatever vision they want, but are ignored and discarded because MS wants them to be known for working on "project x" even if the audience would be better receptive to "subject y". (like how daniel craig was always a good actor, but is trying to do his damndest to avoid playing James bond any longer, no matter how much money is thrown at him.) This is why Bungie just gave the fuck up on Halo and sold it to MS (it had already veered too far from marathon as-is) and precisely the catastrophe treatment that MS gave to Rare.
>Spent every single year of 360's presence at E3 pushing "bullshit marketing" and mastering the art of "bullshits" and phony performances, such as the star wars kinect debacle.
>Routinely entertained Peter Moloneux's delusions.
>>
>>379506000

It's not how good it is, its how bad the competition is
>>
>>379510635
Papers Please and Undertale
>>
>>379501286
Men over 25 years now are gaming market inside children or teenage, meaning want more mature story but still don't adult story,nostalgic is huge boost sale end up industry hate begin eternal teen on play by "adults".
>>
>>379501286
I miss her
>>
>>379510635
Do total conversion mods count as indie games? Because that's the origin of most of the biggest multiplayer games on the market.
>>
>>379510635
Braid
>>
>>379510605
What? No. Kojima has been doing that shit for decades, and outside of MGS none of his games are anything but niche cults at best.
>>
>>379509981
>i like to suck puppies off and drink their prepubescent puppy-piss-jizz
boy, making up quotes sure is fun!

>You can't talk your way around this. Video games are not more addictive than narcotics.

It's basically invalid to compare substance and behavioral addictions at all, and arguing over petty 'which is worse' is missing the point. Get your autism checked out.

the point i'm making is that gaming can be as serious a problem as we've always known gambling to be, and it deserves attention right now as we see what could be the beginning of its emergence as a real public health issue (with the mobile-style freemium model cancer starting to spread across the entire industry).
>>
>>379510583
I agree. It's far from perfect. And alot of matches can be ruined by a single teammate but I do think people who do not enjoy the MOBA genre would enjoy this game but it often gets dismissed immediately.
>>
>>379501286
Wendy's puts too much fucking lettuce on everything.
>>
>>379510806
In english now.
>>
>>379510538
>people will eat up any AAA garbage
TORtanic
Starcraft II (forgotten within weeks)
Diablo III (genuinely good, ruined by auction)
FF14 (before Realm Reborn)
>>
>>379504554
Eh, something I'd counterpoint: how many pre-xp games are unplayable in Windows 10? How many will be with W11?
>>
>>379506749
The VC is the moralfags way of making them feel like they bought something, even though it fucking sucks and an emulator made by a hobbyist will be 10 times more accurate with better and more graphics options, for free.
>>
File: 1417210916358.jpg (49KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417210916358.jpg
49KB, 566x480px
There's nothing wrong with story focused games, even ones where the game feels like a movie, if the story is good enough to warrant that level of attention.
>>
>>379511040
was it so hard to read the rest of the sentence you ADHD ridden cumguzzler
>>
>>379511040
rare things with many aggravating circumstances
>>
>>379510802
Papers Please was pretty cool, but I can't say it was influential. Undertale is definitely heavily inspired by JRPGs like Mother 2.

>>379510893
I can agree with you that mods were really important in making gaming what it is today. Counter Strike and Dota started as mods. Portal was originally a student project. DayZ helped create the military survival early access shitstream that we see today.

>>379510910
2d platfomer with time travelling element. Not exactly new.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_containing_time_travel#Time_travel_as_a_gameplay_element
>>
>>379511251
like being shitty games?
>>
people play MMOs to try to get into a relationship
>>
>>379501847
Can't be helped. The average person is just looking for something to pick up and play for a few hours.

Which is how the various DLC schemes get by. "Welp, done with this. Oh hey, there's a bit more, guess I'll get it."

It's like movies, really, how many are just something to kill an hour and a half? Very, very few will even be remembered by the end of the year, let alone a decade or two down the line.
>>
>>379505873
>1/3 of the characters are unplayable level bad
>Maps are absolute shit, just a series of choke points

>Polished
>>
File: 1425484547246.jpg (161KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1425484547246.jpg
161KB, 500x628px
>>379510959
You shouldn't get this butthurt when your arguments get refuted anon.
You directly compared games to narcotics and are now pretending you it was actually about gambling all along. Even then, gambling has and probably will continue to have far more potential for an addict to destroy himself due to a variety of factors as history has shown, so you're incorrect in this as well.
>>
>>379506845
but i solved my problems. i got a job which made me be sociable and got friends and got laid
i still want to play games because they're fun

not everyone is a whiny little bitch
>>
>>379510397
The AI literally just spawned behind you but had audio clips that pretended they were flanking you.
>>
>>379501286
DLC isn't the problem, pre-ordering is.
All consoles are a gimmick to secure developers and double dip on both hardware and software sales
e3 is one of the worst things to happen to consumers
E-celeb/lolcow culture completely destroyed gamergate. Neither side could avoid shitflinging in their ranks, but having a mature medium and a lack of direct names to attack gave journalists the guise of a moral high ground.
>>
>>379509958
This is down to personal preference, you dolt. Nothing objective about it.
>>
File: PicsArt_06-06-02.33.58.jpg (19KB, 220x247px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-06-02.33.58.jpg
19KB, 220x247px
Kikerosoft and other companies trying to copy their policies is almost single-handedly responsible for ruining gaming.
>>
Everything from the PS1/N64 days aged terribly and there isn't much reason to replay almost any of them.
>>
>>379511326
yes. problem isn't that people buy shitty games (which still happens), but that they buy the same average one with a different coat of paint over it. your examples don't mean shit.
>>
>>379508787
>violent thoughts
Keyword on 'thoughts'
I constantly think about how someone in a situation could die, even if they are completely safe.
>>
>>379511327
this is the dumbest shit I've read all day, maybe true for 5% of mmo players
>>
>>379501286
nickle and dime strategies are going to become even more prevalent, soon there will be no purchasable full games
>>
Videos games as a whole are the best they've ever been at this moment in time. We like to think the games we've played growing up were better but they really weren't.

They were new and exciting when we were kids and very challenging not because they were actually hard but because we were children and children can't do shit.

Most of us have been playing video games for over 20 years now. 20 years of practice is the reason why games feel so short and easy now. 20 years of the same hobby is why we are no longer impressed with new games coming out.
>>
File: 1483984762719.png (220KB, 387x545px) Image search: [Google]
1483984762719.png
220KB, 387x545px
>>379501286
Video games will never be a form of art, because its consumers are childish, narcissistic idiots, who are incapable of understanding deep emotions or any philosophical questions more advanced than your average sci-fi can provide.

It's a fucking cash grab, and they milk you. DLCs? Pre orders? Fuck.

Indie devs are the most pretentious and smug people I've ever seen.

Since WoW TBC-WoTLK Blizzard didn't produce anything remarkable.

Jap games > Western games
>>
>>379511418
>gambling has and probably will continue to have far more potential for an addict to destroy himself due to a variety of factors as history has shown
yes, which is why I initially simplified with my 'more addictive than any narcotic' line, which your autism seized upon. sorry for triggering you.
>>
File: 3042657-howard-the-duck-original.jpg (162KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
3042657-howard-the-duck-original.jpg
162KB, 1920x1920px
Gamers are just as sexist, rascist, homophobic, and violent as the media and MOM groups claim they are.

Gamers obviously refuse to accept that because they want to continue being aggressive and ignorant.

from my personal experience with online games and forum communities, not all, but a huge majority of gamers are extremely angry and bitter about everything, and hold contempt for anyone not a part of their club.
Skill in videogames almost directly equates to how angry some people are.
The higher your rank or tier, the more prestige in games people get, the more secluded they become and more aggressive towards outsiders who don't care about their achievements.
>>
>>379501286
You pay for internet, on top of your Live/Plus/Netflix/Play/Streamers/Etc subscriptions like a schlubby pleb.
>>
File: 1451782256061s.jpg (9KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1451782256061s.jpg
9KB, 250x248px
Video games are a total waste of time compared to other leisure activities.

>Don't exercise your body like sports
>Not yet creative enough to make you smarter like reading books
>>
Games still require physical controls.
>>
>>379510721
You're getting ignored but you're absolutely right.
>>
>>379505324
PS2 was easily the least powerful console of the sixth generation, except the Dreamcast if it even counts. Everyone knew that at the time.
>>
>>379501739
This. It's not only a great cost-saving method but there's no point spending over $1,000 when you can get what you need usually for less than $900 since shit is never optimized
>>
>>379511534
you mean pirate
I don't account for consoleplebs here, since they aren't people
>>
>>379510945
Mgs did cause a lot of cinematic heavy shit to start gaining traction. A game as cinematic as mgs was unheard of until it came out
>>
File: 1406100545798.jpg (16KB, 229x233px) Image search: [Google]
1406100545798.jpg
16KB, 229x233px
>>379511610
>i dont ACTUALLY care about my analogy, i only tried to defend it for the past 5 posts
>anyone who refutes me is autistic
lol
>>
Piracy is healthy to the video game industry
>>
>>379511653
This is pretty accurate.

It didn't become as apparent until the xbox 360 launched with a headset. Giving everyone a voice was the worst thing any company ever did, and it showed just how shitty people who play games really are.
>>
>>379501385
The great thing about Overwatch is that it provided countless hours of fapping and I never needed to play the game.
>>
>>379507401
>Pride

NO

corporations don't feel pride or shame. they feel money, and they make decisions based on what makes them money.
>>
>>379511229
Then why don't they make a movie? They have the money, they have the voice actors, all they need to do is to replace the gameplay parts and it would be golden.
>>
>>379501654
>Nintendo has been shooting themselves in the foot since the N64, and they'll never get better because the teenagers that defend their actions will keep buying their games.

fixed
>>
>>379511579
Alot of music is made with the intention of easy cash grab. It doesn't mean it isn't art. It just means it's lousy art. Also anyone who brings up video games being art is a fucking retard. Video games are made from different mediums of art to entertain an audience in an interactive way.
>>
File: law-order155.jpg (42KB, 495x350px) Image search: [Google]
law-order155.jpg
42KB, 495x350px
>>379501286
I'm glad the lady running the Wendy's account left her job. You people idealized her incorrigible behavior much to the point you wanted to fuck the person writing the tweets and you shits have no sense of boundaries because you're not only afraid of dying alone but so desperate for your mentality encased with boobs and vadge, you thought you were entitled to ownership to said person as your future wife.

Shit like this is why people like Anita have a leg to stand on, because you shits try to weigh your own hang-ups with women as though it's a free pass to be a nigh sexual predator. There's only so much your hurt and pain can cover before your actions are more damning than your sob story.

The world's a cruel place, but that doesn't give you a free pass to do evil.
>>
>>379511892
I'd say a certain level of piracy is healthy. But its case by case. But if everyone stopped buying games due to piracy like what happened to Vita then its just bad. So I wouldn't say its always good.
>>
>>379511776
I don't really see what piracy has anything to do with the topic at hand.

>>379511787
the cinematic experience meme started last gen. MGS pushed the games to get better narratives in the 90s, but it's not guilty what's happening now.
>>
>>379511684
>Used to be creative enough to make you smarter like reading books
FTFY
After around 2000 or so was when vidya started to go down hill in terms of creativity and it's ability to make you think.
>>
HL2 gameplay was bad and the story actually isn't glimpses into an intricately crafted world with deep lore, but a barebones plot hastily thrown together to connect the levels.
>>
New IP are few and far between unless you count the indie garbage that's dumped on Steam all the time. Companies will not take risks anymore, and this is heir apparent in Microsoft and Nintendo.
>>
"RPG" has lost all meaning and there should probably be another term to describe action game with loose RPG elements like modern Elder Scrolls and The Witcher
>>
>>379501739
Agreed, build a cheap rig with a 2500k and GTX 960 for less than 300$ and it plays everything I want to play
>>
The industry became controlled by corporations and is just as shitty as any other hobby when it comes to putting money down for quality. In fact.
120.00$USD still buys you the 60.00$ game with some useless shit included.
>>
Pirating hurt the industry
>>
>>379512119
what did they do?
>>
>>379511317
Just because multiple games have time manipulation elements doesn't mean their implementation as game mechanics are identical, especially with regards to level design, or that it automatically means the other games didn't innovate on the concept.
Otherwise you might as well include Castlevania in that list because of the pocketwatch subweapon.
>>
The Japanese game industry is on a decline no matter how you cut it. Not talking about Sony or Nintendo but those that make games and not hardware. Capcom can't even make a Mega Man game to save their lives, and Square doesn't know what to do with Final Fantasy. At least Atlus is enjoying explosive success with P5 but when that's their only cash-crop in the west it doesn't bode well for the future.

I honestly haven't played a Japanese game that truly surprised me since Catherine
>>
>>379511684
This.

Used to spend my free time just grinding out CSGO in aim lobbies thinking it was gonna make me great in the long run. Now it's nice outside and I'm inspired to do shit like run, read, and work on teaching myself guitar
>>
>>379511653
The vocal minority is. Calling someone a fag or little girl is a way to insult someone. Just because I say those doesn't mean I don't like fags or women, its just misinterpreted banter because people don't understand the culture and context of a lot online communities and games.
>>
>>379502543
>tastes like nothing
it tastes like salt.
better than nothing, but my town's got shit for choice anyway.
>>
>>379505916
This. Ps3/xbox360 tier graphics are good to me. I still love playing RDR.
>>
>>379512181
They've never been anywhere near the creative brilliance of the worlds authors though.

Dont get me wrong, I cried with Aerith died in FF7. But no video game has ever come close to the narrative excellence found in novels.
>>
>>379501286
All this knowledge you have of vidya and vidya industries is completely useless outside of internet forums and no one is impressed that you're really good at X game in any social interaction unless by some small miracle that they play it too.
>>
>>379509884
The key difference is that the games and systems will stop working in your lifetime, whereas the sun will fuck everything over long after you and I are dead.
>>
>>379511653
videogames are just the tool to express one's frustration. Playing online with vocal chats is unhealty for kids because they can:
1- get in touch with anyone, even the worst human being imaginable
2- get in touch with older kids/audult withouth any form of protection, which can be harmful anyway. I'm no moral fag at all, but it doesn't take rocket science that for a kid, getting teased and insulted online by an adult, can be extremely frustrating and influence his behaviour when playing.
>>
>>379512360
Simply put, the Wendy's account person had stalkers and when they found out she wasn't bad on the eyes, they demanded nudes and shit because they felt they helped make her big due to the Wendy's meme. She wasn't having any of that and quit her job because of it.
>>
Touted mechanics like spread in Counter strike go only makes the games appealing to autists on v or people with too much time to spare.
>>
Metroid doesn't sell well.
>>
>>379512525
Capcom made dragon's dogma, which is one of the best rpgs ever made imo.

sadly it didn't reach massive popularity like skyrim did
>>
>>379502543
>Fast food burgers
Never ever. Diner or bust.
>>
File: veytnam-supermen.png (1MB, 1356x1360px) Image search: [Google]
veytnam-supermen.png
1MB, 1356x1360px
Video games are made for normies, by normies.

May I /thread?
>>
>nobody is working to legally allow video games to be archived in the same way as books, film, and music
>pirates are the closest we have to preserving video games for historical shit
>>
Consoles won't die soon, but Microsoft and Sony trying to chase down high-end PC hardware for their new systems is a horrible idea when they would need to re-release their systems each time a significant hardware advancement reaches PC. Devs don't seem to be latching onto the PS4 Pro anyway

The notion that PC gaming is extremely expensive most likely sours most people on buying one for games. To be fair, in comparison to consoles it is pretty pricey and it doesn't help people suggest future-proof rigs that cost over 1,000 dollars.
>>
>>379501286
I want to cum inside Wendy
>>
File: butthurt cancer.png (463KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt cancer.png
463KB, 632x569px
>>379511653
>>379511965
>>379512797
why do you come here, reddit?
>>
>>379512762
besides the fact that games from 30 years ago still play fine if kept in good condition, collecting them can be useful to preserve them for the future
I mean in a museum you can find a fragment of a papyrus scroll partially shat on from a cow of 2000 years ago.
>>
>>379512872
why quit her job instead of just ignore them
>>
File: the reality you live in.jpg (64KB, 462x768px) Image search: [Google]
the reality you live in.jpg
64KB, 462x768px
>>379501286
>>
File: 1456783263005.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1456783263005.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>379509763
Yes, I was going to get to that. The problem here is that MS is on radio silence about this practice purely because they expected other companies to catch on and exploit it in effect as an apology for the absolute mess that they caused. No company can actually defend the practice if they saw a single day in court for it simply because Sony saw to it that the consumer did have alternative options and Nintendo declared it non-essential as it's still impractical today to expect that having any kind of dedicated server makes the least amount of difference at all when netcode and individual connections are playing a factor.

On that note..
>The above.
>Being the first company ever to start the trend of "throwing shade" at backwards-compatability, in turn diminishing value of franchise quality based on accessibility of previous entries. with no access to previous entries and some companies not willing to produce remasters or remakes, there's increasing chances of new players to dismiss older games without justification even if the one game they played was utter garbage, such as sonic 2006.

>Attempting to enforce Kinect for Nebulous reasons (only attempting to project an idea the way peter M. did, but never comprehending the circumstances/functions/menu-of-action diversity that would need to be registered that entails a current-gen game being played. Kinect, on the most basic of levels, is already outmoded by the SNES controller....and the kinect only existed to 'give the illusion' that they were going to 'stick it to nintendo' and hoped that they would have an idea ready for it if the kinect outsold the wii.) when the device was never practical, even in the concept phase due to having no tangible input device for accurate intent identification.
>>
>>379512943
>Diner
Amen. My local diner has a Salsa Burger that's out of this world. Not to mention a double decker BLT with the crispiest bacon i've ever had
>>
>>379501385
If it was F2P it would be for Brazilians
>>
>>379513009
because we care about you more than your parents do, kid
>>
>>379511653
>Skill
You meant "how skilled they think they are".
>>
File: 1495305586621.png (1MB, 2218x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1495305586621.png
1MB, 2218x1270px
The reason why you post ironic meme's is because it's linked with depression. Your whole life you've been picked and judged on by society and you felt as the internet was your only safe haven for there are others who share your pain.

Now that the internet is becoming more mainstream and soon if not almost the entire world will use it you feel as if your club and culture are being violated. So you result in posting ironically because you think that dry, tasteless or raunchy and edgy humor because you think that it'll drive off people.
>>
File: 1491084072624.jpg (401KB, 2048x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1491084072624.jpg
401KB, 2048x1184px
>>379513202
Why are libtards so uncultured and short sighted?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Freedom is the only thing stopping hell.

Dumb libturd kike.
>>
>>379513009
>being from reddit is an insult

Reddit users are superior to 4chan users
>>
>>379501628
>Just a picture of a crying panda bear
What did he meme by this?
>>
>>379512119
KEK, this is genuinely one of the best posts I've read on /v/. I can't tell if it's a shitpost or not but I agree fully. /v/ is no different than the special snowflakes it likes to criticize, it lacks just as much self awareness as everyone else
>>
>>379513326
>>379512119
>>379513385

go where you belong reddit
>>
>>379513106
Probably because she also wanted to branch out to something else. Being paid to throw shade can only do so much for one's mental health.
>>
If you actually liked deep, engaging games you'd be busy buying all of them, but the truth is you can't be arsed to learn that much shit and neither does anyone else.

That's why video games are mindless, easy and entertaining.
>>
File: 1412366763063.png (322KB, 416x431px) Image search: [Google]
1412366763063.png
322KB, 416x431px
>>379513323
>>
>>379513429
You have to go back
>>
File: 1495310853507.jpg (50KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
1495310853507.jpg
50KB, 600x302px
You make fun and call people and things autism because you yourself want to hide your own autism and find a person who's mind and life is much lower than yours.
>>
I miss the simplicity of my old games, but what we get now are just simply better.
>>
>>379510471
looks like little king story, but not sure.
>>
>>379510550
This is untrue. Some people lack the mechanics and dexterity to perform at gaming. When I play cs go with my friends (inb4 normie get out) who I
-got better grades than in school
-make more money than
-perform better than on Standardized and no standardized testing (was in gate as a kid and scored 2340 on SAT)
-I am not the healthiest of the bunch but far from the least and I'm relatively fit and exercise daily

And I'm the only one of the bunch who is still silver because I can't aim the retarded guns for shit
>>
>>379512953
>toady is a normie
>>
>>379513183
Mine just has basic shit with bacon cheese and fried onions, but at least they have flavor unlike the shit you get at fast food restaurants.
>>
>>379513507
>>379513525

shouldnt you be whining on reddit about how comey didnt impeach Drumpf right about now?

fuck off redditor subhumans
>>
>>379509125
Microsoft faired better last gen because they launched first, had a lower price, and multi-plats ran better on it compared to PS3 and THE CELL.

But on the other hand the early 360 models were ASS. They were prone to failure and loud as hell. Not to mention Microsoft charged for EVERYTHING. Want to play online? Fork it over. Need wi-fi? Better buy our first-party adapter for $100! Controller out of batteries? How bout $35 for our plug-n-play! DLC? Sorry it's not free!

PS3 got a bad reputation but after Sony ditched the fat PS3 and the awful Spiderman 3 font and rebranded themselved with the PS3 Slim they really made a difference.

>Significant push on new IPs
>Controller with internal batteries that can be charged with a USB cable
>Free online services
>More reliable hardware
>>
>>379513607
How long until he gets hit by a bus so I can get off this ride
>>
>>379510550
this is the stupidest post in this thread, and it's full of stupid posts
>>
>>379511653
>*People are just as
It's not like hate is a problem exclusive to any particular group, it's a human problem, you're just witnessing a space where some people feel more compelled to let out all their bile and vitriol.
And a lot of it is just banter being taken too seriously, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>379510550
intelligence and video game skill have very little to do with each other.
>>
>>379513323
>Freedom
>Conservative

pick one.
Conservatives are just as anti-freedom as the hard left. Remember when Sex and "rock and roll devil music" were horrible sins. Conservatives.
I get that you don't like the way things are moving, but at least it's FORWARD. going backwards will not make things better.

You don't have to hate women because you're not a feminist
You don't have to hate black people because you're not part of black lives matter

Be logical instead of hating everything associated with the people you disagree with
>>
>>379513670
>you'll never be this mad
>you'll never ruin your summer vacations sperging on 4chan
>>
>>379510802
Papers please is a dramatized job sim. Sure it's a more dramatic job but when you think about it it's not anything different than farming/trucking sim gorillion
>>
>>379513560
Initials match the filename, thanks anon.
>>
>>379507424
The truth is that sexuality is a spectrum. You can like jerking it to trap porn and not want to fuck a dude straight up. even if you did, theres absolutely nothing wrong with either.
>>
>>379501286
Mmos dying in the eyes of the public is probably the best thing for the genre. The mmo bubble only regressed the genre back ten years and never went beyond that. Mmos only became more convenient and thus threw away the community/world building mechanics on favor of objective driven endgame.

Natural selection 2 and dirty bomb are the best multiplayer fpses released in the last decade.

Obsessions over politics and sjw killed gaming as a whole as notmalfags continue to focus on needless politics rather than he continual degeneration of mechanics and blatant nickle and diming policies. You played right into their hands and now gaming as a whole suffers for it.

Both western and japanese games are generally shit. For every conematc experience there are enough waifu otaku pandering shit games to last a lifetime. Both represent the bottom of the barrel for their region and only shiteaters pretend otherwise.
>>
File: loser hillary.jpg (453KB, 1349x1349px) Image search: [Google]
loser hillary.jpg
453KB, 1349x1349px
>>379513801
nice assumptions retard but the reason you lost is because the modern left is evolving into the most tyrannical cancer humanity has ever seen, which is why you lost

8 years and we'll win again

>>379513843
>i'll never be neogaf

better than any other outcome tbqhwu cuck
>>
>>379513670
>drumpf drumpf drumpf
Holy shit you couldn't be more reddit if you tried
>>
The video game industry grew too big. Once it became a part of Wallstreet profit was no longer good enough, 'growth' was needed to appease investors. The video game world used to just be for nerdy white/asian males, then the first growth phase was casualization to get normal males. Casualization has peaked and now they're going for the non-white/asian male market (hence the push for minorities) and women. This is why diversity is forced into games, it's all about $$$$ over integrity.
>>
>>379513685
Don Mattrick screwed Microsoft over for this gen with the Xbone by forcing a higher price-tag thanks to Kinect, having no games, and souring several potential customers before launch with their proposed draconian DRM policy.

I'll give Phil Spencer credit for giving Kinect the boot and focusing more on games and promotions, even if it's the same Halo and Gears stuff they've been doing for years
>>
>>379513973
go to /tv/, they get derailed by /pol/ easily
>>
>>379510721
You sir, are very correct.
>>
File: a_sad_edgar.jpg (10KB, 218x208px) Image search: [Google]
a_sad_edgar.jpg
10KB, 218x208px
>>379513475
I would like to be 14 years old again where the world was still ahead of me and I had all the time in the world to play vidya.

I very much would.

I would like to be 10 years old with a bowl of Cocoa Puffs and unable to contain excitement about new episodes of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons instead of getting myself piss drunk enough to forget my obligations and rewatching reruns to try remember that feeling.

I very much would.

I would like to remember a time when computers were magical and being curious to pick up any game I could just out of sheer curiosity and being open minded to try just about anything rather than base my time and investment on whether or not I can fap to the characters or play between 10 minutes and 5 hours and still get the most out of either.

I very much would.

Times change, but I wish my mentality didn't.
>>
File: feel the bern.png (90KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
feel the bern.png
90KB, 600x442px
>>379514058
match me on reddit fellow bernout!
>>
>>379508581
Tetris has very little content and simple gameplay, but its debatably one of the best games of all time. I see your point but there are plenty of mobile games that are actually fun and interesting, the problem is that most of them are riddled with MTs and the like.

Which isnt much different from most AAA titles these days
>>
There is not a single Souls game that is above a 7/10.

You know it to be true.
>>
>>379514247
>Willingly becoming a wagekek
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>379511398
>opinions stated as facts
>>
>>379513795
This
In high school my dumbass spic friend was the bet at cod
>>
>>379513597
>>379513757

Obviously stephen hawking is never going to contribute to a ctf map in quake (I know he has some special device to move the cursor and probably has some equivalent to a keyboard with his tongue, but if it was better than a mouse and keyboard I'm sure gamers would be using whatever he uses by now) I just meant as a general rule.

It's just that when I see someone play either:
>winston
>tornbjorn (in attack)
>tracer

I first get mad at them, but then I remember they're probably intellectually inferior and are simply trying their absolute best to help the team. The thing is stupid people are very frustrating- when you tell them of their bad character pick in voice chat, they get insulted and channel their bitterness, anger and hatred of normal people into their mic like a fucking 5 year old. Then I lose pity for those fucking retards. Obviously I'm not genius- I'm not very good at ranked or overwatch in generally. It's just that I've come to terms with my intellectual mediocrity.
>>
>>379514382
It's never too late to go to school and learn something either. I don't know why wagecucks give up so quickly.
>>
>>379513348
You are just pretending to be retarded, right, kid?
>>
>>379514503
I think you are confusing gitting gud with intelligence.
>>
>>379501286
This shitty smug Wendy faggotry is Vivian 2.0. The sooner it dies, the better
>>
>>379513801
Conservatism like liberalism has it's extremes but the problem is that the left is so extreme these days anything remotely conservative is 'literally Hitlerr'.

To use women rights as an example the modern woman has is way to easy, whereas as Islamic woman is under complete control. Most western conservatives just want women to be more modest, end slut/fat acceptance, and level the playing field by getting rid of affirmative action; in comparison to Islam that is pretty light.
>>
File: fd38494c2a1df1613809786f958952.jpg (98KB, 736x1042px) Image search: [Google]
fd38494c2a1df1613809786f958952.jpg
98KB, 736x1042px
>>379501286
>esports is a fad
>fps games will always need to run shit clientside therefor will always be hackable and always be filled with cheaters and therefor shit
>dota 2 cant be hacked because vision is serverside and its therefor the most proper pvp game out there right now, but its a boring fucking experience
>pvp killed pve+coop and indie devs hardest thing to tackle is multiplayer meaning we wont get much coop in the years to come other than maybe 2d indie shit
only coop games out right are like monster hunter and resident evil...
>>
Nintendo will literally die out if they keep doing things the way they've been doing them. Without 3rd party support they will fizzle out again. They don't need whatever generic shooter is popular, but they need to at least work with people to ensure the games are made well on their platform
>>
>>379513973
>The reason you LOST
>which is why you LOST
>8 years and we'll WIN again

I didn't lose anything you child, I had no horse in the race. I wasn't running for president, I'm not Hillary, I'm not Bernie, I'm not Jeb (I am Ted Cruz though)

How detached from reality are you that you think normal people treat everything like a game.

>I win you lose haha
this mentality is beyond childish, especially when you're an adult talking about the future of your country. grow the fuck up

Make america great again. yeah and you won't get to be edgy anymore, let the conservatives have their way so you can be on the winning team. get some backbone and start thinking for yourself.
>>
>>379514343
Souls exists because
A. The high difficulty is a meme and makes the no life neckbearda who actually play/finish it feel accomplishment for once in their life
B. The retarded difficulty makes the game stupidly longer than it actually is, which both traps gamers with sunk cost fallacy with their time as well as artificially increases the play hours to make the game seem more worth the price
>>
>>379501286
Regenerating health > Static health and medkits
>>
File: 1488554651722.jpg (53KB, 501x471px) Image search: [Google]
1488554651722.jpg
53KB, 501x471px
>>379513801
>>379513973
>>379514782
this

>>379514831
yeah i made a little mistake in my post i made real quick wtf HILLARY IS PREZ NOW

>I'm not Hillary, I'm not Bernie, I'm not Jeb (I am Ted Cruz though)

this reeks of reddity neogaf """humor"""

go there you emasculated cuck
>>
>>379514842
I like souls and none of this is true, it's a decent ARPG and has a nice world aesthetic
>>
File: 1479012412572.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479012412572.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>379514831
>this mentality is beyond childish, especially when you're an adult talking about the future of your country. grow the fuck up

see you at spirit cooking tonite! #SheWon ;)
>>
>>379514503
The retarded autistic neckbeard who wastes their life to master a character's kit or a weapons spray pattern or the exact timers on a map's power ups is going to be better than someone smart enough to realize that that's way too much to spend on a videogame

The people you mention are just brain dead trolls or memers
>>
>>379514974
You're literally the new-age missionary/vegan/zealot no one cares about your cause
>>
>>379514547
Nah, it's fine.
I have other reasons why I need to change. It's possible I might need some professional intervention though, so I'll look into it.
>>
>>379505873
Only one detail you're missing. It's a good competitive team-based game because the only RNG mechanic is bullet spread for firing your gun like a retard. In theory it is capable of being a competitive game where individual skill is less accountable and is more focused on the team's skill. In practice it's a fucking mess because of its marketing and the individualistic mindset of its community. It's why all the chill people are up top while all the angry people are middling in competitive. They know that shit happens and are more or less devoted to the concept of a team rather than what "they" are doing.
Meanwhile /v/'s interpretation of a competitive game (along with many others') focuses more on individual skill, which rejects RNG bullshit and enables the ability to carry if they are good enough. Which is pretty cool and arguably funner depending on your experience with teams in games like Overwatch. Most of this time it's going to be overwhelmingly negative due to its other players.
>>
>>379514831
Are you new here? You're trying to have an actual discussion with a shitposter.
>>
File: 1479352053542.png (314KB, 775x701px) Image search: [Google]
1479352053542.png
314KB, 775x701px
>>379515191
>N-NO ONE CARES FUCK WHITE PEOPLE FUCK DRUMPF

keep the salt coming little man
>>
PS4 is the definitive video game experience and PC master race is a meme created by and for Reddit
>>
>>379514590
>Not knowing something means you're merely pretending
>>
>>379511653
>Skill in videogames almost directly equates to how angry some people are.
There's correlation to a point but the angriest people are always the ones with the least skills in any games.

Even if you can't have a thousand things you want, you will end up way, way less bitter if there's one thing you like and are good at.
>>
>>379515301
I can't believe you have so many images to shitpost with
>>
>>379514881
Patrician taste is combination of both like halo 1
>>
>>379514782
That's true, but it doesn't make conservatives less worse.

The neckbeards online are just as bad as the tumblr dykes outside.

Their only response to feminism and Leftism is to just be as racist and offensive as possible under the banner of conservatism.

>Most western conservatives just want women to be more modest
it's worse than that. they are bargaining for control over something they shouldn't have control of in the first place.

Islam and Western conservatism are both cancer. Although right now Conservatives hate Muslims, they are actually different shades of the same color.
>>
Open world games are the cancer killing the industry because all the production value goes into the "open world" rather than the actual gameplay. Thus you end up with an empty open world and repetitive missions you can barely tell the difference from in both main, secondary, and side quests.
>>
>>379501532
This has not been true for at least two decades.
>>
>>379513165
>Making the last gen all about fleeting bragging rights that would be valuable for no longer than a week, made most notable with the 360 first-launch startup message of being "the most powerful console on the planet." and followed up by a disaster spell after of RROD.

>Trying to take a shit on customers with the XBone to lock out the concept of gamesharing.

>Entering the gaming industry and doing sleazy sideways deals with no-name devs wih a super-shitty dev deadline for two whole console gens straight just to be able to brag at having "70+ plus titles at launch!!" despite it being mostly clusters of unpolished, broken far-beneath-average nonsense at launch, literally the advent and creation of "Shovelware" and masterfully spinning this to make it look like only the competition was guilty of it, only dismissing it by dodging the fact and rubbing Xbox Live in people's faces.

>Straight up disrespected Bruce Lee by making a game about him just one of their 'express shovelware for our ad campaign' ploys.

Jesus, I can't fucking stop. I could single-handedly bring the post count to 500 if I could beat the posting rate of other topics and not get dropped to archive by new thread influx. The list just goes on and on.

The fact that MS is even in the console industry is laughable considering that PC gaming has better clout than it while Nintendo has world-renowned and best-known historical franchise cred to it's Name and the in-house creativity to back it up with new franchises and ideas while Sony has always been prominently been a big alternative for up-and-coming third parties to develop on as a "artisan" brand, which is why franchises like GTA even got as big as it did in the ps2 era and why Squaresoft fucking exploded in the PS1 Era.
>>
>>379514247
"It all goes back in the box."
Honestly though, spend time pining over it or just deal with it and find something you don't yet understand and that offers mystery until it doesn't and keep doing that until you run out of things because you never actually will.
>>
>>379512305
>2500k
>GTX 960
>less than 300$
I hope you don't mean less than 300$ for the whole rig cause both the CPU and GPU cost ~300/more than 300 each.
>>
There will never, ever, EVER be a good warhammer 40k game again
>>
>>379515645
>The fact that MS is even in the console industry is laughable
don't worry anon, they're clearly taking the way out
>>
File: diversity.jpg (176KB, 1114x562px) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
176KB, 1114x562px
>>379515428
my shitposting database will be a national treasure one day

>>379515503
>Their only response to feminism and Leftism is to just be as racist and offensive as possible under the banner of conservatism.

meanwhile in reality, pol is more diverse than modern (((liberals))) by a country mile
>>
>>379515715
what's the best one? I'm playing dark crusade now and it's fun. never played anything warhammer related before
>>
File: 1457366225207.jpg (63KB, 278x346px) Image search: [Google]
1457366225207.jpg
63KB, 278x346px
>>379515645
The only reason MS even set foot in the industry with the first xbox was to knock on sony because of the PS2 looking to be encroaching on the stranglehold MS had on being the de-facto "multimedia preference." and that alone is enough for business sens to consider that "sony is the competitor and 'looking' better than they do with a game console of our own will scare them away." was their entire gameplan, but they basically turned the gaming industry to a graphical lensman arms race with Sony instead of creating a single damn thing of substance that hasn't actively damaged the industry.

The fact that they don't even try to dignify Nintendo as a competitor says it all, because realistically, MS has gone 3 generations straight with zero MS-created/established first-party brand franchise at all that can even be remotely compared to any of Nintendo's legacy franchises, so they know for a fact they can't actually compete.

MS's reason for being in the industry has and always will be for profit by the order of damaging the ability of the industry on the whole to operate effectively by way of disrupting the system of checks and balances that are keeping the industry stable. If this statement is even the slightest bit wrong, then the only question you need to ask yourself is this:

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MS-EXCLUSIVE FIRST-PARTY DEVELOPED FRANCHISES?
>>
File: 1486422000855.png (477KB, 517x437px) Image search: [Google]
1486422000855.png
477KB, 517x437px
>>379503615
As a current AAA game developer and former game addict, this. Playing a game for more than an hour or so a day (even that might be too much) is spiritually harmful.

But, you might say, well - isn't television harmful? Isn't spending too much time doing anything harmful? Of course. But games are literally built around cheap kinetic rewards for the player to get them to continue playing. Think high scores, victory music, leveling up in RPGs, etc.

Nobody wants to talk about it because of 1) cognitive dissonance 2) games are extremely profitable and 3) people don't like to be told that something they are doing is "spiritually harmful." It's not PC to tell somebody not to do something this day and age.

once my student loans are paid off im getting the fuck out of this harmful industry and never looking back
>>
>>379506007
A million fucking times this. Once you start taking the shitposting seriously, rather than a joke, it really ruins videogames. It's funny, I just realized this the other day and have been enjoying vidya a lot more.
>>
>>379515418
Arteezy
Sumail
Fear before he reformed
Cancel
No[o]ne
Mason
Benjaz
Kingteka

All these people intentionally ruin games by walking down mid lane in dota yet are all on successful pro teams
>>
>>379515503
>conservatism is the same as islam

just neck yourself. you are the epitome of "reddit fedora pseud"
>>
>>379515712
You can get them refurbished. Alternatively,
>AMD FX 8xxx
>GTX 1050 Ti

less than $400
>>
>>379515874
When was the last time non-dota players took dota seriously?
Or dota players themselves?
>>
>>379501459

Water monk ankd Dual Swords would be great if Gearbox had a single creative bone in their body.
>>
>>379515503
Careful how you word that, anon. Someone may interpret it as a moderate POV, and as we all know, once you're branded a filthy CENTRIST all your arguments are invalidated on principle. This world sucks because you're forced to adopt one of two extremes, and refusing either side is somehow considered worse.
>>
>>379509958

The original Nier called, which is still probably one of the best games of last generation.

Same with Planescape: Torment, and KOTOR2. Neither of those games has objectively 'good' gameplay - KOTOR2 you can win using nothing but Flurry and Lightning, for one, but they're still absolutely fantastic games.
>>
File: LnuoInh.png (355KB, 504x579px) Image search: [Google]
LnuoInh.png
355KB, 504x579px
>>379515759

How are you cucks still on this picture? The huffington shit is real, but the /pol/ picture is a random picture. It's been proven to not be a /pol/ meet up due to the first picture having a photoshopped pizza to make it appear as if it had a Nazi symbol and was also just a random picture.

What's next, you gonna say that 4chan never has shopped pictures?
>>
>>379501739
>have an hp work computer
>put in a geforce 750 graphics card and power source that can accommodate it

And i haven't run into a game i couldn't play yet.
>>
>>379516203
>HWNDU W-WASN'T /pol/!!!

desperate
>>
>>379515923
what if I wanted an Intel CPU though?
>>
>>379515645
The 360 had couple of very strong cards that MS didn't even realize were as important as they were.

With those gone, they're fading back to the levels they were at when they started.
>>
>>379516253
>>
>>379507535
>"You have a nice PC, take all our games for free"
>>
>>379516253

Nice argument, show me the actual proof that it was a meet up.

If you can't, you have to agree that niggers are genetically superior to white people.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>379515838
Remember, Gears and Halo were NOT initiated by microsoft, same goes for Banjo/kazooie, conker, perfect dark, Killer instinct or any other game you can name off the top of your head. A company's viability in the industry is based on their ability to produce content. Say what you will about Konami, Ubisoft and even EA or Activision, but at least they have franchises to show for their time in the industry.

MS and the xbox line is, was, and always has been an illusion that has been choking the industry to death instead of causing any real growth or creativity whatsoever. If you even have purchased a single console of theirs, You pretty much bought into a hype that never once had any legitimate payoff.

All they're doing is taxing the very existince of the Gaming industry so long as you believe Microsoft is actually doing ANYTHING for it and that sweet, sweet tax that they collect from the industry is basically free money for them because their losses are minimal compared to yours in the long-term and the masses that the rest of the companies in the industry incur daily.

It's an inconvenient truth that anybody supporting microsoft is blindly accepting this one-sided compromise. Good luck with that knowledge.
>>
>/v/ - politics
>Retards pretending to be libtards pretending to be /pol/ pretending to be triggered about their own posts
>(you)
>>
File: hook[1].jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
hook[1].jpg
24KB, 500x333px
>>379516581
>>
>>379516581
at least 5 people namefagged, had tripcodes and went up to the camera and made pol references, and i was only in like 1/5 of the threads
>>
>>379505709
Everything is escapism because there is no end goal. We can't be productive because there's nothing to do. Arbitrary lines.
>>
File: 1495000142496.jpg (60KB, 376x425px) Image search: [Google]
1495000142496.jpg
60KB, 376x425px
The really good games are the ones that aren't very hard. Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Day of the Tentacle, even Super Metroid...they aren't THAT challenging, and Super Metroid is only difficult if you don't know where you're going. Difficult "get gud" games aren't going to be as well-remembered, no matter how much fun you had with them (or thought you had).
>>
>>379516581
HWNDU was the most successful /pol/ op in history, both irl and on the web (unless you dont count the election)
>>
>>379515121
Well honestly here, he never addressed that his so called "rigged" system played in his favor.
>>
>>379517049
name some git gud games
>>
>>379517049
Dark souls, megaman, and Castlevania are both difficult though, and I personally like them more than zelda.
>>
>>379517259
Not him, but The World Ends With You, Henry Hatsworth, and SMT Nocturne count in that department.

In b4 Nocturne being easy, it's the first SMT game that really came to mind in the difficulty department.
>>
>>379517341
>Good games
Not your personal favorites buddy.
>>
File: 1458467661785.jpg (27KB, 217x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458467661785.jpg
27KB, 217x375px
>>379516307
MS never had any intent to make capital on any game of it's own make to start a franchise in order to stymie the potential for profit loss.

Their fiscal divisions have been set up since before the first xbox was even a thing to support the entire company growth regardless of MS game studios. MS Game Studious don't need to even make an actual profit. The console lines just need to exist for stock portfolio and tax write-offs. Something like the acquisition of Rare only make invevestors pleased even if thenew games they make are shit and the devs are barely even the same people that were with Nintendo!Rare.

Men in suits pushing pencils and making deals are not the same as creative teams. Those "strong cards" you speak of were cardboard cutouts placed in windows to give an illusion to people who were not YOU.

You can be impressed by a game and praise it, but Microsoft wants to see that praise and sell it to investors. Period. What happens after is that MS just Fails upward because the company at large can afford it regardless of MS game studios.

See the picture now? There's never been any intent to faithfully contribute a damn thing to the industry from MS.
>>
>>379506749

You're not wrong in the slightest, and I fucking love Nintendo. Making chargers separate with the 3DS's, having to purchase all your shit over and over again because for some reason they attach to your console not your account, fucking friend codes in 2017... the list goes on.
>>
>>379505709
You don't get points here for stating the obvious.
The dark secret of everyone running away from BOREDOM isn't actually that dark.
>>
Sony makes the best exclusives
>>
>>379502581
That and you need to sort yourself out, bucko!
>>
>>379501286
Videogames are a waste of time.
>>
>>379511087
MSX La Mulana sadly has either slow down or messed up sprites (transparency gets rendered as solid gray).

No way around it unless you play it on older Windows.
>>
>>379517518
Castlevania wouldn't have stuck around as a franchise for as long as it did if it wasn't relevant and remembered.

Shame how easy it got towards the end though
>>
File: 1489610372635.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489610372635.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>>379510721
>Routinely drags devs down the mud of the "Daniel Craig Cycle" Where a dev team or company/group is good at trying to create whatever vision they want, but are ignored and discarded because MS wants them to be known for working on "project x" even if the audience would be better receptive to "subject y". (like how daniel craig was always a good actor, but is trying to do his damndest to avoid playing James bond any longer, no matter how much money is thrown at him.) This is why Bungie just gave the fuck up on Halo and sold it to MS (it had already veered too far from marathon as-is) and precisely the catastrophe treatment that MS gave to Rare.

Hit em with the Marathon Truth, you and I would be good friends
>>
Denuvo actually does cause performance issues.
>>
Almost every cancer in games right now was introduced and perpetuated by Sony first and foremost.
>>
>>379517049
>>>>or thought you had
pull up that post
>>
File: 1492094763468.jpg (242KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1492094763468.jpg
242KB, 710x842px
>>379518218
delet
>>
File: file.png (643KB, 1280x1103px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
643KB, 1280x1103px
>>379509125
>>379510721
>>379513165
>>379515645
>>379515838
>>379516608
>>379517650

My fucking nigga, microsoft is and always will be pure cancer, all the other giants in the industry are here to make money too but only microsoft bring the american "WE ARE THE BIGGEST, THE BEST, THE LOUDEST" to the thing and drag everything down with them.
>>
>>379507424
Traps aren't gay enough.
>>
>>379514746
Fuck you and everything you represent
>>
>>379501739

this, thank god I do meteorological simulations and intensive computations with my rig.
>>
>>379515730
Please no. If they actually started to kill about PC gaming they will just start fucking it up as much as they did to consoles. ;-;
>>
>>379519172
do you own a recreational lab coat
>>
>>379515715
Either Dark Crusade or Chaos Gate if you like turn-based
>>
games are not art. Programming is not art. Art is overrated. Companies should focus in DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS. Game design is cancer nowadays. Worldbuilding has turned "lol dude, I smoked weed last night I came with a new game idea!"
>>
it's barely an art form and definitely not a sport

esports have ruined gaming
>>
>>379515838
Don't forget M$ is also behind the common core shit in schools.
>>
>>379513956
Traps are by definition homosexual to be attracted to as a male.
>>
File: 1488657293570.jpg (56KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488657293570.jpg
56KB, 1024x576px
Gamers are suckers that are unwilling to use basic caution when choosing whether or not to buy products. They will easily shell out money for cheap gimmicks, fanservice, obvious scams, and fake promises, never learning from their mistakes.
>>
Women dont play Video Games
>>
>>379519610
why are his hands so small
>>
>>379501286
/v/ is in part responsible for the SJW surge, because they supported it by making it a meme.
Every time someone "ironically" called a game SJW to make people mad or get irrationally angry at some meaningless gender options or hilariously call a transgender by the opposite of whatever pronoun they chose, the outside internet assumes that the basement-dwelling internet populace is actually adamantly fighting gender equality.

In reality, barely anyone here cares. They just pretend to because it gets replies.

Hell, no one cares about anything except effortless shitposting to make the next anon slightly mad.
>>
Overwatch isn't about having fun or skill, it's about mindlessly adhering to whatever the meta is at the moment so you can farm crates and brag about your ranking on 4chan.
Even unfinished f2p shit like Dirty Bomb and Paladins is more fun. If Valve hadn't repeatedly shot TF2 in the foot with every update in the past few years there would be no reason for anyone to play Overwatch.
>>
>>379517049
>implying I didn't get a rush out of playing all those hard games
Aside from that I agree, I like exploring and treasure/secret-hunting in vidya.
>>
"Games to toys" category lacks longevity. Skylanders made a lot of money because they hit first. Disney Infinity was too ambitious which was their undoing.

Do Amiibo even do anything vital? Are there games that 100 percent need them to function? If not then what's the point?
>>
File: muYY89N.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
muYY89N.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>379509125
>>379510721
>>379513165
>>379515645
>>379515838
>>379516608
>>379517650

That's actually pretty smooth. They eventually do make games, but this definitely explains the
lack of franchise development or long-term creative endeavor. It's like Leo's scheme in Lethal
weapon 2 with the money laundering, or like being the teacher and student so you can legally
give yourself good grades.

Technically, the Microsoft game studios division pretty much are just producing half-assed
tech demos because they can use the fact to bullshit their bottom line and recoup the costs
of their expenses through their upper businesses. What games they do release of their own
never have lasting appeal because they probably shouldn't since it's cheaper not to invest in
franchises.

I see why they don't need honest efforts, because come tax season, they can shit out a report
based on their own internal cannibalized or acquisitioned hardware/software or the. Long story
short, it's a lesser cost for everything they do, but they have the power to write in a higher markup
and get more money back just for bullshitting instead of creating.

Fuck, I need to work at microsoft. I'd love to be any part of a team where I can make six figures
annually.
>>
>>379508590
>build a portable PC for lan parties
>use GTX 750
>plays every brand new game I give it fine, albiet not at top settings or anything

>it fucking chokes on Starpoint Gemini: Warlords
Get your act together, you lazy slavic bastards
>>
File: 600-00934087w.jpg (48KB, 550x468px) Image search: [Google]
600-00934087w.jpg
48KB, 550x468px
You should never trust anyone who doesn't prioritize gameplay and performance first.
>>
That brand loyalty is cancer and you should never support devs/publishers who have aggressive anti consumer practices. Buy the games for 90% off and never pay full price or support them directly. No companies care about you. Marketing makes up 90% of the budget.
>>
>>379518675
this. One of the many reasons I will never, EVER get a xbox, or anything Microsoft related, ever. They can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>379501286
Steam has been a cancer that has been festering since the release of Half-Life 2
>>
>>379512119
>I'm glad the lady running the Wendy's account left her job. You people idealized her incorrigible behavior much to the point you wanted to fuck the person writing the tweets and you shits have no sense of boundaries because you're not only afraid of dying alone but so desperate for your mentality encased with boobs and vadge, you thought you were entitled to ownership to said person as your future wife.

Good riddance. This is what happens when you do a marketing campaign based on waifusim and twitter meme-ing.
>>
Hero shooters were inevitable because you don't need a lot of writers or an extensive framework to make them work, plus the characters are easy to merchandize.

Look at Overwatch, it has barely any story other than a vague "Event X happened, Overwatch was assembled, Event Y happened, Overwatch disbanded then got back together" that's not even touched upon in gameplay. Hell they canceled a book because the contents of it contradicted numerous popular head-canon theories. They've realized waifu-bait plus a story that changes based on the individuals ridiculous delusions is easier to sell than any other FPS story
>>
>online multiplayers like overwatch,cod,halo are killing the industry
>dark souls was never good to begin with
>witcher is overrated because by chance, it has a "le 2deep4u" story with it, which attracts normies
>western vidya industry has stagnated,much like western animation industry
>everyone wants to play it safe by releasing identical titles with a retarded gimmick or pandering
>resulting low quality games are also casual friendly, thus attracting more normies, inspiring devs to create more shit casualised games,making vidya unfun
>>
>>379501739
This
>>
Valve/Steam is not as good for gaming as people think. People shit on EA or Microsoft for not putting games on Steam in favor of their own digital outlets, but when one company controls the majority of legit game purchases on something as open as PC it becomes an issue. The paid mods debacle should have been proof enough. Steam isn't bad, but it's not the do-no-wrong company some make it out to be.
>>
>>379520350
The marketing campaign was just trashtalk, though. It was Gashi-Gashi and a few copycat artists that wanted to give it a face.

If you wanna blame anyone, blame waifufag artists for going at Pygmalion on it rather than take it as anything other than a marketeer with attitude. Everything that followed it was beyond her control.
>>
>>379501739
>>379508590
>>379509471
>>379511765
>>379512305

Can you play Arkham Knight in max setting with your not so powerful machines?. Serious question, cause i want to buy me the cheapest rig to play that game.
>>
>>379501739
Fuck you, I enjoy Skyrim with 300+ mods.
>>
File: 1350193387558.jpg (40KB, 378x452px) Image search: [Google]
1350193387558.jpg
40KB, 378x452px
>>379507424
Traps are gay because it's a boy in a dress, that's literally the basis of it, it's not the same fetish if the person in the dress is not male. that doesn't matter though because 99% of the trapfags are homos who are ok with that fact and are just memeing

Futa is straight because it's a girl, and while the line gets a bit blurrier with the futafags who want huge veiny cocks and obsess over every detail of the cock, the base fact is there's nothing inherently gay about a guy receiving anal stimulation, especially from a hot girl; the fact that the girl is doing it with a magically real cock instead of a strap-on doesn't change that.

t. bifag who's completely fine with getting called gay or straight.
>>
>>379520742
>It was Gashi-Gashi and a few copycat artists that wanted to give it a face.

Anyone else here find these people's art visually obnoxious?
>>
playing an rpg as yourself is for boring people
>>
>>379508214
On that note, the TF2 update killing the server browser and making the main way to find games the queue, was so blatantly an attempt at being like overwatch it's almost disgusting.
>>
People who play multiplayer vidya for "fun" are fucking retarded.
"Fun" is a meme term, which casuals use to justify their shittiness.
>>
File: GtCiS5s.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
GtCiS5s.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>379517650
So, basically, it's free money to microsoft so long as Nintendo, Valve and Sony continue to carry it?

I'm not sure that's something MS wants to be brought to court over if they're proven to have a far-below-average list of contributions with a contradicting income. They'd definitely get fucked by the IRS hard enough to put the primary MS company in financial distress, which might be the biggest industrial fucking in human history.
>>
>>379517650
>>379516608
>>379515838
>>379515645
>>379513165
>>379510721
>>379509125
Damn...Dude post more, I want to learn more about MS shady past and their end game. Maybe make a pic with the info provided.
>>
>>379501739
This. I sold my 1070 since my PS4 games look good enough, and I realized that $599 for a launch PS3 is just as crazy as $400 just for grafix
>>
>>379501286
For all the /r9k/ fags out there:

Your youth would not have been at all better or any less "wasted" if you didn't play videogames. You would have just found something else to occupy yourself with.
>>
>>379519601
>by definition
Theres your problem
>>
>>379510721
Say what you will about Molyneux, but he was a legitimately strong personality in microsoft and his games were unique and didn't chase trends at all, even the shitty ones like Fable 3.

The Lionhead developers themselves stated that he was the main thing stopping microsoft from doing what they did to Fable with Legends way earlier.
>>
>>379521527
By your logic, 1 + 1 would equal 3 because MUH DEFUNITONS DON'T CUHNT
>>
>>379521115
People play multiplayer games because they aren't aspies and enjoy interacting with others.
>>
>>379517650
>>379521123
This is how almost all businesses operate now though.
Twitter for example has always operated on a loss. They're carried entirely by hype bullshit and shady books.

They can legally lie about their books as well if the government deems them a "Strategic Asset".
>>
>>379512057
The hardware was good, the software medium was bad.
>>
>>379509931
The Wii struck normie gold by appealing to turbo casuals (phone/facebook gaming types) before smart phones took off. Nintendo is trying to chase that high but they'll never succeed.
>>
>>379521671
I miss the time when vidya was for aspies though, non-aspies ruined it all.
>>
>>379512047
Because they want to make the story interactive
>>
>>379521123
>So, basically, it's free money to microsoft so long as Nintendo, Valve and Sony continue to carry it?

The industry is stagnant and is slowing dying...The only thing left to do is to hit the reset button...Back to ground zero.
>>
>>379521786
Wii is nintendo you retard what are you on about ?
>>
>>379520984
I don't mind Westaboos. They're just doing what most western illustrators did for anime inspired work and fanart.

I do mind some of the characters they specialize in or sometimes create themselves, however. So much it only makes me admire from a distance rather than follow them on dA or Pixiv. Tumblr? Well, can't avoid that shit because the reblog circlejerk is strong.
>>
>>379517650
Microsoft does consider some other things when it comes to gaming, for instance they target some of their game acquisitions strategically to harm other platforms.
Its something that kids today often don't realize but Bungie back before they were the Halo company were the big Mac and Linux game studio back in the 90s.
Microsoft's acquisition got them a killer app for the Xbox, but it also severely damaged gaming on platforms other than Windows.

Other instances of this are when they paid Epic to remove GNU/Linux support from UT3 days before it was supposed to be released, or Microsoft's spending billions on Minecraft one of the biggest massively cross platform games ever so they could make a new Windows 10 exclusive version (though in that case it largely backfired on them since everyone still just runs the java version)
>>
>>379521953
That both of Nintendo's post-wii follow up consoles tried to emulate the wii by making gimmicks a selling point, and while the jury's still out on the Switch, the WiiU was a flop, plain and simple.
>>
>>379506000
Second best.

R6Siege came out.
>>
>>379521668
>le sexuality is black and white meme
>>
>>379522161
Why not just admit nintendo is literally NEVER gonna fall ? I say this because I experienced this shit firsthand. Nintendo always wins.
>>
>>379521786
Nintendo's problem has been they keep aiming too high for their hardware. WiiU failed mainly because it was too high spec and too expensive, they went with expensive discrete custom hardware because the SOC hardware when it was being developed wasn't good enough, but if they'd waited a little longer they may have been able to ride the same cheap AMD SOC wave that Microsoft and Sony did.

Switch can basically be looked at as Nintendo learning that lesson, as its a system built around an off the shelf SOC from Nvidia.

What Nintendo really needs to do is make the sub $100 'mini' brand a thing and keep it going year round. In another year a Switch Mini may be possible and could be massively profitable for them and do what the PSV TV tried and failed at.
>>
>>379522324
Sexuality is Black-Grey-White, or 0 to 1 kind of deal.
One point is homosexual, the opposite point is heterosexual. Anything in between is just different shades of bisexuality. :^)
>>
File: 1496272033049.png (257KB, 303x353px) Image search: [Google]
1496272033049.png
257KB, 303x353px
>>379512119
>left her job
wait wat?
>>379513429
>>379513670
>>379513973
Sonic was better at memeing on twitter anyway, most of it was just waifufagging with Wendy than the banter towards the end.
>>
Containment boards don't work. All they do is give the thing being contained a gathering ground to spill into the rest of the website with fresh vigor. The aftermath of bringing back /new/ with a different paint job has ruined this website.
>>
I want to fuck wendys tits
>>
>>379501532
You know what. You're right. Why waste my time with a hobby when I can be a mindless normie drone? Wake up shower work come home sleep repeat.
>>
>>379522697
I would say /mlp/'s autism is the most well-contained on the site. Nobody cares except for Barneyfag. Most generals on /vg/ are also contained proper too.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (42KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
42KB, 766x960px
If you want vidya companies to stop extorting you with microtransaction bullshit, just stop buying it and obsessing over it.
I miss the days when I could browse a TF2 thread without seeing a constant stream of loadout screenshots from idiots who wasted their money on tacky bullshit just so they could say that they have it.
>>
>>379522328
The only generation nintendo's "won" since the SNES days is the 7th gen, and even that's debatable since, while its console sales were high, games themselves sold terribly. Nintendo will keep going until the heat death of the universe, but it won't be a real competitor with the rest of the industries with its current practices.
>>
>>379522490
Right, so saying liking traps is gay is just ignorant
>>
>>379501751
something is wrong with this pic, the liquid falls far from her legs, this only mean she has long expanded vagina.
I'm right anons?
>>
>>379518816
Come at me, madfag. You know it's true.

Only reason more anons aren't saying anything is because A) newfags, B) they actually think the smug anime girl shit is XD funneh, or C) Wendy isn't directly tied to Goober Gate or 8ch
>>
>>379523158
Liking traps means you are automatically a homosexual or bisexual, you cannot be straight and like traps.
>>
>>379501286
All multiplayer games are actually pretty shitty because it relies heavily on the community not being a bunch of fuckwads that think they're really 'memetastic' and 'gr8 tr0lls.' Any game that requires you to work as a team in any way will be plagued with people who are overly proud about literally nothing worth being proud over, and will insist that they're right and everyone else is a retard, and will afk/throw the game for you in some way if you disagree.
>>
>>379522951
not that anon, but /mlp/ is contained because jannies and mods actually work to contain it, and the special breed of autistic cancer /vg/ generals cultivate only works as long as they stay contained.
>>
>>379523073
Competitiveness right now is cancer.
>company 1: here, a quake clone with gay characters
>company 2:here, the above game, but with extra skins haha
Clearly you seem to be a casual with no regards or idea to where the industry is headed. Go play your le dank souls multiplayer and don't bother replying.
>>
>>379514746
How so? I mean normal people latched onto it rather than this place for one and the only thing I see is latching onto some drawn chicks for memes than politics.
I don't know bro. Help me understand.
>>
>>379507546
That was only like one quarter in the last year. Cameras makes more money than vidya on average.
>>
>>379502219
This is false. With the exception of niche developers who lack the budget to fulfill their vision, developers have stopped taking risks because the industry is too bloated and your game is nearly guaranteed success if it's marketed properly. If you really think there hasn't been a steady decline in quality over time then you are either deluding yourself or ignorant. Just take a look at Skyrim as an example; a dogshit game which took no risks and simply copied Oblivion with only the most basic of complaints addressed, then dumbed it down more,that is considered one of the greatest games of all time by the modern playerbase
>>
You will find a video game that it as good or better than your favorite game when you were 12.
>>
>>379523535
how are the indie ports on your switch treating you anon
>>
>>379520893
Futa isn't gay because they are hermaphrodites, and homosexuality is defined by sexual attraction to the same sex.
Futa on male could be considered feminine, but it is still straight.
>>
>>379523525
Yes, as I said, most generals on /vg/. I have not seen a single /mlp/ post in years outside of /trash/ or Barneyfag's usual bullshit so it's more accurate to say they "worked" rather than "work" to contained it.
>>
>>379518218
This is false. Please stop spreading disinfo
>>
File: MrsPackman Is Stripping.png (53KB, 164x230px) Image search: [Google]
MrsPackman Is Stripping.png
53KB, 164x230px
>>379515759
>Group of brown people calling themselves white vs group of white people who identify as brown people.
>>
>>379523824
Sexual arousal by porn operates on a basis of identification or self-insertion.
Male-on-female porn: Fapper identifies as the male
Female-on-female porn: Fapper inserts himself as a third person, wanting to fuck both females
In futa porn, though, there are two possibilities: either you're self-inserting as someone that mostly appears to be female, or you want to fuck something with a penis. There's no winning.
>>
Hear me out on this one

Japan does diversity right because they make characters look likeable first. Accuracy does not matter, nor should it ever.

The West is so confused how to do it right because they obsess on either marketability and being socially responsible/having a plausible depiction but the fact is they can't win both. They have to choose and one of them doesn't put bread on the table.

It's been that way for a while, at least since the days of Video Power. It's just that the West has acquired performance anxiety over it now that sales pressure has drastically increased.

Acting like it's a change meant to piss you off only shows your new, not how much of a veteran you are.
>>
>>379524284
>sexual arousal by porn operates on a basis of identification or self-insertion
[Citation needed]
Also it literally is irrelevant, futa is objectively by definition not homosexual.
>>
>>379524521
"by definition" isn't an argument. If your definition of futa porn specifies that your dickgirl isn't gay, then all that means is that futa porn as you define it doesn't exist.
>>
video games ruined our lives but we act its an amazing creation of men because we're addicted
>>
>>379524703
>by definition isn't an argument
Are you retarded? Do you also think 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2 because the only reason why it equals 2 is because that's how w is defined?
It's not my definition of futa porn, it is the definition of homosexuality and hermaphrodite.
Also your "argument" hinges on a claim with no form of evidence, so who are you to talk about non-arguments.
>>
>>379524937
*how 2 is defined
>>
>>379502720
the last couple of months have been really good tho. nier, persona 5, yakuza 0, etc.
>>
>>379501286
Soul games are shit.
>>
File: 1481252590323.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481252590323.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>379521737
except that the problem is that within three generations, Sony has God of War, Ratchet/Sly/Jak, Uncharted and a handful of other franchises under their belt while also being a foundation rock for indies to flourish while Sega Arcade-brained itself to death.

Those indie devs of yesteryear are juggernaut third parties now thanks to sony specifically working to create that paradigm shift because they realized first-hand how ironclad strict on both quality control and loyalty that nintendo was.

They played looser than Nintndo, but aimed to not be as insistent and defiant of changing times as sega.

MS is straight up horizontally quadruple-parking a stretch limo across four verticle car spots and convincing the meter maids and traffic officers to pay them for the privelege.

There's a difference between business being run with shady practices and Microsoft basically just being the lone craftsman elf in the workshop that somehow is treated as one of the top three or four best elves over all of the other consistent workers when the lone elf in question sleeps all year, produces one single toy every 3 or 4 years and claims responsibility for a large portion of what's going on in production when he's produced less than the lowest independent elf, which is entirely true on technicality of content produced, by the dude behind FNaF, who has managed in the span of a single year a franchise that has recognition far above and beyond over any of MsGs productions and Microsoft has been in the console industry for how long?

That's bullshit, nigga. Microsoft ain't doing dick for the industry and even Fox news is right twice a day. I'm outta here.
>>
>>379523576
It was like in March. That's when the fiscal years end and when /biz/ comes over.
Keep a look out after E3 and some time during fall for more doom and gloom. Happens yearly now.
>>
>>379501286
John Wick
o
h
n

W
i
c
k
>>
/pol/ is the cancer killing 4chan.
>>
>>379501286
That I'm the fucking best at Vidya
>>
>>379511334
The problem with videogames today isn't that 'People just want to pick something up to play for a few hours', what the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

The problem is that people keep supporting lazy and greedy game development by buying day-1 DLC, microtransactions and fucking worst of all, pre-ordering games.

We could cull so much of the scum off of the major game developers if we stopped supporting their rushed, money-grubbing games.
>>
>>379502219
I used to tell myself this. Truly my favorite devolpers could not have sold out and become shit right?

But they did. Gaming is going to shit, you can literally point to the removal of mechanics and variety.
>>
File: pc btfo.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
pc btfo.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>379501739
DELET THIS
>>
File: latest-7.png (294KB, 489x461px) Image search: [Google]
latest-7.png
294KB, 489x461px
>>379502219
Example of how you're wrong:

Kirby's current Director is such a hack that he can't help but copy the exact same formula.
>>
>>379502219
Thankfully, neither inconvenient nor truth.
Jaded gamers don't ruin my enjoyment, but games are indeed becoming worse.
>>
>>379526491
I miss Shimomura's lore, even if it was a Pre-school friendly take on Kirby lore, it was still enjoyable. I also miss stylistic Kirby graphics.

Kumazaki feels like he's trying to get Sakurai senpai to notice him even though Sakurai is just trying to find the next big thing to do.
>>
>>379501286
There is not a single video game with a truly amazing and serious story. The best written video games are just "pretty good" compared to movies and novels.

Good graphics are why games are shitty now. They're also generally unfinished because high fidelity graphics require more time and money to make than video game developement cycles allow.
>>
>>379523547
I'd argue the opposite. Yes it is a shitty, forced normal-fag meme, yet there have been multiple threads here and on other boards regularly. Normal-fags moved on, 4chan still latches on because they already had a mascot/waifu like this earlier. Twas cancer then and is cancer now
>>
File: 434.gif (15KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
434.gif
15KB, 340x340px
>>379509125
>Quilty impostor
>but tripcode checks out
The fuck?

Okay, first of all, unlike wentos, we never found out what company quilty worked with or what the other two languages he spoke were, so suddenly up and disappearing for some 9 or so years and appearing without first explaining yourself is pretty fucking ballsy.

If it really IS you or just an impostor with a lucky guess at your trip, I don't think I'll figure out, but if you are an impostor, this is really well done work because you post just like Quilty.
>>
>>379501286
Mobas are absolute cancer that no one really enjoys and people only play because their friends play. Kind of like fps for mazochists.
How did it come to this? How did actually fun WC3 mods become the absolute worst money grabbing cancer in the gaming industry?
>>
File: 1100366558.png (3KB, 288x332px) Image search: [Google]
1100366558.png
3KB, 288x332px
>>379502720
This is due to gaming becoming increasingly mainstream.
As well, due to the field maturing, we have a better idea of what works and what doesn't compared to 10 years ago.
However, there will always be compartmentalization thanks to the internet, so games catering to specific tastes will manage.
It's evolving pretty organically and the writing's been on the walls for a little bit now.
As for no one going outside of the comfort zone, it's because it's not fiscally safe to do.
Companies will go where demand is and we'll break this cycle once there's a crash.
The same thing is happening in film right now with the neverending onslaught of superhero movies.
No one wants to make a new IP anywhere.
>>
>>379506000

Wrong
>>
File: spärgle.png (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
spärgle.png
6KB, 265x190px
>>379527229
>I don't enjoy this, therefore nobody else enjoys this they just don't know they don't
>>
>>379510435
I absolutely agree. I hate how people are crying over a lack of depth in a lobotomized RTS in which you control one unit. Hots is at least fast paced and dynamic with a plethora of maps (fuck hanamura tho)
>>
>>379515848

But shitposting doesn't cover people being blatant contrarians. Last month was all about trashing the Witcher 3 as a subpar game. You can't really blame people not taking /v/ seriously when people were non-ironically calling a 9/10 game shit
>>
>>379502979
Millenial is the generation that got 18 in the year 2000. Youre not even in the upper edge man and pretty much 95% of the people using the term are retarded.
>>
>>379501286
Console dumb down gameplay.
>>
>>379527421
Every MOBA player i know seems like he's about to have an aneurysm while they're playing. I've never seen anyone happy while playing these games. Only smug or frustrated.
>>
>>379501286
Console online used to be free a little over a decade ago and now we're happy Nintendo is charging slightly less than the competition.
>>
File: 1485929757681.png (60KB, 1055x820px) Image search: [Google]
1485929757681.png
60KB, 1055x820px
western companies are dumbing down and "infantilizing" all aspects of their video games on purpose. it's a form of social engineering.
>>
>>379527163
He knew about Markman being a supershill for MS before Tekken 6 went multiplat and you might've missed when he came back and dogged Seth Killian and Christian Svennson for being cowards involving some shit with sfxt, so it's a strong chance that Quilty is native japanese but english speaker and he's either working at namco or capcom because of the vested interest in fighting games.
>>
>>379501385
>made for brazilians
>it costs money

???
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
I was at a LAN this past weekend with over 100 people attending. The only games played were csgo and dota2, which could more easily be played at home

Envy the current generation of "gamers", they don't know how much has been lost

Gaming is kill
>>
>>379511428
this is objectively, demonstrably untrue.

they spawn in FRONT of you.
>>
>>379527591
>Every PC game is broken
>PvP on PC is cancerous and always broken
>PC has no good games aside from side scrolling, walking sim, isometric,"lore rich" bullshit
>>
>>379501739
Agreed, I have a turnip with a chip in it and I can play gta 7 at 14444fps on ultra
>>
File: red_img.jpg (20KB, 750x252px) Image search: [Google]
red_img.jpg
20KB, 750x252px
Video games are not art nor have they ever been.

They could become art one day and are on their way to doing so but the things that are making gaming more like art are precisly the same things that are killing gaming.

Think about it. Complaining about "entitled gamers" and defending your mistakes with claims of "artistic integrety" are openings we gave them when we pushed for gaming to be respected as art. From an artisitc point-of-view, they're right. They fail because the fans have the money and reject that mentality but in doing so we are rejecting their rights as artists. Gaming media outlets recognize this and call gamers the problem with gaming, saying we're the reason gaming can't be taken seriously as an artform. And they're right, we are in the way and we should be.

As far as economic models go gaming sells more like software than art. We expect it to be patched to function properly and financial success is based on crowd pleasing. What if paintings were about crowd pleasing? Some are, others are about offending the audience. What if movies recieved regular updates? Lucas and Spelberg did that and everybody hated them, yet not only is it ok with video games, it's fucking expected.

Now when gamers think back on when games were free of all politics, full of people making them for fun and only regarded as an offball hobby for nerds is looked upon fondly by gamers as the golden age of gaming.

At the end of the day what do YOU gain from video games being accepted amoung the arts? I can tell you what we have to lose. Besides if pic related is considered then are we really missing out on anything?
>>
>>379527868
I went to LAN parties about 5 years back. It 20-30 people there and all we played was CS source and WC3 DotA, which were just as easily played at home.
>>
>>379527731
This is the big one for me. Microsoft started this trend but it would have been fine if Sony didn't jump in as well. I'm calling it now; within 10 years Steam is going to charge a subscription to use their service.
>>
>>379527994
Yeah, since ps3 and Xbox360 the gaming industry shifted to console since then everything got cancerous
>>
File: darth.jpg (30KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
darth.jpg
30KB, 640x426px
>>379528054
Postmodern art is not art, and the "postmodernist corporate leftist" influence is what has been fucking gaming up lately.

In fact, this oddball band of ideologues have been wreaking havoc everywhere in our culture, from universities to comic books.

Why? :^)
>>
>>379509471
Its for people who play at higher resolutions or framerate.
I have a "overkill"pc but I just love 144fps on modern AAA titels
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.